Websleuths
Go Back   Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community > Missing!! > Located Forum Discussion

Notices

Located Forum Discussion Discussion for those who were missing and are now located

Old 04-18-2012, 09:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nursebeeme View Post
http://www.10news.com/news/30909750/detail.html

this means (moo and all that) that most likely perez led LE to want to question Lopez and when Lopez couldn't be found they traced her to the hotel room where they find her trying to kill herself and leaving a note where the body was.

I bet my alpaca stadium seat cover that she is connected to Perez.

MOO
BBM

Alpaca stadium seat cover!
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to IHAVENOCLUE For This Useful Post:
Old 04-18-2012, 10:09 PM
Kind words do not cost much

Don't know if this is posted yet, just reading the news and not read her thread all the way through yet.

Perez hasn't been charged but in case he is here is some info:

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nati...icle-1.1063891

THE ASSOCIATED PRESS

Published: Wednesday, April 18, 2012, 9:06 PM

Updated: Wednesday, April 18, 2012, 9:24 PM

Quote:
Perez was being held on $500,000 bond. His attorney Jeffrey Reichert said his client has no criminal history, is married and has lived in San Diego County for 10 years
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kat For This Useful Post:
Old 04-18-2012, 10:25 PM

I apologize that my post above sounds so callous.
I was behind in reading this thread, responded to Nursie's post, and it landed at such an awkward place!
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to IHAVENOCLUE For This Useful Post:
Old 04-18-2012, 10:56 PM

http://*****************/viewArticle.action?articleId=281474981271488

According to this report, Ms. Killgore and Ms. Lopez had once been roommates. Odder is the news that officer Perez and Ms. Lopez had once lived together; odd because Perez's lawyer claims that he has been married for ten years.

As for the anonymous "sex slave industry" assertion, I wonder about its validity. It's entirely possible that this charge is simply a magnification of the sense that Killgore was a hard-partying 22-year-old who liked to party while her husband was gone. (I live close to a Manhattan college dorm and I am sometimes taken aback by the late night weekend attire of the young women residents there.)
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Chanler For This Useful Post:
Old 04-18-2012, 11:02 PM
Kind words do not cost much

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chanler View Post
http://*****************/viewArticle.action?articleId=281474981271488

According to this report, Ms. Killgore and Ms. Lopez had once been roommates. Odder is the news that officer Perez and Ms. Lopez had once lived together; odd because Perez's lawyer claims that he has been married for ten years.

As for the anonymous "sex slave industry" assertion, I wonder about its validity. It's entirely possible that this charge is simply a magnification of the sense that Killgore was a hard-partying 22-year-old who liked to party while her husband was gone. (I live close to a Manhattan college dorm and I am sometimes taken aback by the late night weekend attire of the young women residents there.)
I'm not familiar with that blogger Chanler. Gather is blogs submitted so I don't know where she got that info. I haven't seen it published by MSM yet. Doesn't mean it's not true I just am not familiar with this blogger and her sources. JMHO

ETA: I agree with your questions about the sex slave industry at this time, could be she liked to party. Don't know yet.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kat For This Useful Post:
Old 04-19-2012, 05:59 AM
It may be the cock that crows, but it is the hen that lays the eggs.

RIP Brittany.

Do we know the cause of death? TIA (not caught up)
Old 04-19-2012, 07:51 AM

Rest in peace, Brittany.

The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense.
The Following User Says Thank You to SurfieTX For This Useful Post:
Old 04-19-2012, 09:15 AM
WS Super Moderator

http://www.10news.com/news/30921275/detail.html

there is a lot in this article (I don't even know where to start)

Brittany had shipped her stuff home and was planning to move home this week with her family

Says that Lopez and Perez once lived together and that Perez has a girlfriend and that it may have been Lopez (re: cruise)

so confusing!

arraignment of Lopez is set for today: first degree murder
Old 04-19-2012, 10:35 AM

Quote:
The mystery surrounding the death of a Camp Pendleton Marine's wife deepened after officials identified her body, found Tuesday in a remote area near Lake Skinner in Riverside County.

Brittany Dawn Killgore, 22, had disappeared Friday under suspicious circumstances.

Meanwhile, at least two people are under suspicion in her death, though the motive is unclear, authorities said.
http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lano...near-lake.html

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to SurfieTX For This Useful Post:
Old 04-19-2012, 11:23 AM

I hope they keep Lopez on a closely observed suicide watch. I would hate for her to kill herself, and have the truth stay hidden. Whatever her lifestyle, I hope there will be justice for Brittany.
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to ljczec For This Useful Post:
Old 04-19-2012, 11:38 AM

At this very, very early stage, I would guess that the most likely motive of the crime was jealousy and that Ms. Lopez was the main culprit. She apparently attempted suicide and wrote a note that seems to have caused her arrest. To me, it seems unlikely that she would have taken these extreme acts if she had been merely an observer.

The original report was that officer Perez was scheduled to go on the dinner cruise with his girlfriend, but she canceled. Assuming that the frequent association of Perez and Lopez suggests that they were or had been lovers, it seems plausible that it was Lopez who made the cancellation, perhaps because Ms. Killgore was also slated to be there.

It was Lopez's birthday, which might heighten her sense that she had replaced (perhaps just in a one-night stand) by the younger and more attractive Killgore.

Of course, this is just very preliminary speculation, but to me at least, it seems more plausible than sex slave industry conspiracies.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Chanler For This Useful Post:
Old 04-19-2012, 11:48 AM

SPECULATION -

Could Brittany have been a "present" to Lopez for her birthday. Someone that was brought along for a "3-some"; but maybe not necessarily with her permission. Maybe she was told this was a birthday party, but she found out otherwise. Things got out of hand, she was killed, and Lopez couldn't take it. She left the note (that will tell us a LOT IMHO if we are able to hear this in evidence), then tried to take her own life.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=195327
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to cocomod For This Useful Post:
Old 04-19-2012, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cocomod View Post
SPECULATION -

Could Brittany have been a "present" to Lopez for her birthday. Someone that was brought along for a "3-some"; but maybe not necessarily with her permission. Maybe she was told this was a birthday party, but she found out otherwise. Things got out of hand, she was killed, and Lopez couldn't take it. She left the note (that will tell us a LOT IMHO if we are able to hear this in evidence), then tried to take her own life.
I thought exactly that. I think more will be revealed once we know COD.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to seattlechiquita For This Useful Post:
Old 04-19-2012, 11:52 AM

I tend to believe that both Perez and Lopez were responsible for disposing the body seeing as where it was found.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to SurfieTX For This Useful Post:
Old 04-19-2012, 11:53 AM
Verified Attorney

I havent seen anywhere how long the husband had been deployed this time and when was he to return? Does anyone know? I am also a bit curious about the divorce filing. The divorce might have nothing to do with all this, but then again it might. Was it filed by her alone or by an attorney? Was it filed jointly by her and husband? Since he was deployed, if he did not consent to the divorce, nothing would happen until he returned from deployment pursuant to the Servicemembers Civil Relief Act. Since she was apparantly leaving for Pennsylvania, what was going to happen to the apartment? Was she just abandoning it and his stuff? Almost sounds to me that something happened in the last week or so where she felt like she suddenly had to leave in a hurry. But then that doesnt seem to jibe with the going out to the dinner/cruise. Strange.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to PrairieWind For This Useful Post:
Old 04-19-2012, 12:55 PM
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by nursebeeme View Post
http://www.10news.com/news/30921275/detail.html

there is a lot in this article (I don't even know where to start)

Brittany had shipped her stuff home and was planning to move home this week with her family

Says that Lopez and Perez once lived together and that Perez has a girlfriend and that it may have been Lopez (re: cruise)

so confusing!

arraignment of Lopez is set for today: first degree murder
Think Bob Bashara, RG, and the woman from out west who would come live with them as well....
Old 04-19-2012, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrairieWind View Post
I havent seen anywhere how long the husband had been deployed this time and when was he to return? Does anyone know? I am also a bit curious about the divorce filing. The divorce might have nothing to do with all this, but then again it might. Was it filed by her alone or by an attorney? Was it filed jointly by her and husband? Since he was deployed, if he did not consent to the divorce, nothing would happen until he returned from deployment pursuant to the Servicemembers Civil Relief Act. Since she was apparantly leaving for Pennsylvania, what was going to happen to the apartment? Was she just abandoning it and his stuff? Almost sounds to me that something happened in the last week or so where she felt like she suddenly had to leave in a hurry. But then that doesnt seem to jibe with the going out to the dinner/cruise. Strange.
Hi, PrairieWind, the dinner cruise plans seem to have gone awry. As you note, it is a time of change, and for both Ms. Lopez (birthday, moving) and Ms. Killgore (moving, divorce) a time of important life markers. To me, the thing most likely to have jarred the relationship of these apparent former friends is alcohol, definitely a game-changer in gatherings with background stress.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Chanler For This Useful Post:
Old 04-19-2012, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamacita View Post
Brittany's FB. Looks like she changed her name on FB back to her Maiden.

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1135399871
Anyone notice she changed her status to single back on March 25th? facebook entry
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to greycoupon For This Useful Post:
Old 04-19-2012, 03:15 PM
Verified Attorney

Quote:
Originally Posted by greycoupon View Post
Anyone notice she changed her status to single back on March 25th? facebook entry
She was apparantly discussing the then impending divorce with some of her friends in late March and that she would be moving to Penn. So the decision to move wasn't last minute. I wonder if this is the ONLY facebook page she had?
Old 04-19-2012, 03:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greycoupon View Post
Hi, GreyCoupon. She changed her status just a few days before her March 28th birthday. By that time, she had already decided to move back (temporarily) to her parents' home in Pennsylvania.

I don't think that we have to assume that something cataclysmic was taking place in California to force her to make that move. Instead, it might be that nothing was happening there; that even for a 22-year-old girl, hard-partying wears out; that she was tired of hanging out in a military town waiting for a marine with whom she no longer wanted to be married.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Chanler For This Useful Post:
Old 04-19-2012, 03:30 PM
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chanler View Post
Hi, GreyCoupon. She changed her status just a few days before her March 28th birthday. By that time, she had already decided to move back (temporarily) to her parents' home in Pennsylvania.

I don't think that we have to assume that something cataclysmic was taking place in California to force her to make that move. Instead, it might be that nothing was happening there; that she was waiting in a military town for a marine with whom she no longer wanted to be married.
Maybe she was excited to move home and be close to her family again after the breakup of her marriage.

Maybe Lopez was in love with her and did not want her to move back home???
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to laniefi For This Useful Post:
Old 04-19-2012, 04:05 PM
Verified Attorney

Has anyone seen any more details of the weapons charge against Perez? I find that interesting. I've seen the weapon both called an AR15 and then M16 (which would presumably be stolen from the base) and now seem to be back to AR15. Regardless, people that are into stealing or moving stolen firemarms are dangerous and often work in groups. I wonder if Brittany really knew what kind of people she was associating with?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PrairieWind For This Useful Post:
Old 04-19-2012, 04:10 PM

Yeah, I don't necessarily think some sudden thing made her leave. I know having a spouse deployed is really hard on a relationship. The fact she changed her name back weeks before she even filed for divorce is something.

I'm not inclined to jump on the threesome/sex slave bandwagon just based on what a neighbor of Lopez(?) said. Not saying Lopez wasn't into something but I've known girls who wear collars as necklaces before because they thought it looked cool.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to greycoupon For This Useful Post:
Old 04-19-2012, 04:12 PM

first degree murder charge will be filed today

SAN DIEGO - San Diego County District Attorney Bonnie M. Dumanis, announced this morning (Thurs., April 19) that a first-degree murder charge will be filed against Jessica Lynn Lopez, 25, in connection with the death of 22-year old Fallbrook military wife Brittany Killgore. Lopez will be arraigned today at 1:30 p.m. in San Diego Superior Court in North San Diego County. If convicted, Lopez faces 25 years-to-life in state prison.

More at link: http://www.thevillagenews.com/story/63189/
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to KALI For This Useful Post:
Old 04-19-2012, 04:23 PM
Verified Attorney

Quote:
Originally Posted by KALI View Post
SAN DIEGO - San Diego County District Attorney Bonnie M. Dumanis, announced this morning (Thurs., April 19) that a first-degree murder charge will be filed against Jessica Lynn Lopez, 25, in connection with the death of 22-year old Fallbrook military wife Brittany Killgore. Lopez will be arraigned today at 1:30 p.m. in San Diego Superior Court in North San Diego County. If convicted, Lopez faces 25 years-to-life in state prison.

More at link: http://www.thevillagenews.com/story/63189/
Clearly, Lopez's suicide note pretty much clears up what happened, if not why. I wonder when we'll get to know.