Websleuths
Go Back   Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community > Featured Case Discussion > Hot Cases > Allison Baden-Clay of Australia > Allison Baden-Clay General Discussion Threads

Notices

Old 04-24-2012, 10:03 PM

I met Gerard Baden-Clay many years ago and i thought he was scary. There was just something very cold and weird about him. Not anger or anything, more that eerie feeling that something underlying is very wrong. This might seem hard to believe but i actually said to myself at the time "He is evil".

This was about 7 years ago and i had no reason to have anything against him, it was at a conference or community meeting for local business identities and he was just another person there. But it was a very significant feeling I had, it really creeped me out. When i read she was missing it gave me chills.

I hope she is found alive. I think there are two options here - 1. she has become distressed and scared, partially due to depressive and psychological issues, and partially due to marriage troubles and her husband being perhaps psychologically abusive, then walked off into the wilderness and had an accident, or 2. her husband is responsible. I wont go into my thoughts on that at this point.

As others have mentioned some of the news reports have been conflicting, with some saying she was last seen around 10pm in the evening, and others saying the husband said he last saw her when she went on her early morning walk the next morning.
The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to itsthevibe For This Useful Post:
Old 04-24-2012, 10:22 PM
Cached

^ I would say it was possible she had walked off angry and became unable to return for some unknown reason if a) he didn't look like a liar on camera, and b) he hadn't had a one-vehicle car accident that weekend.

Thank you for your personal insights! And yes, agree, it's the vibe.
Old 04-24-2012, 11:01 PM

We have had the police come round this morning and take all our names etc in our house. They also asked if we had ever seen her and whether we were home Thursday night. I got the impression that they think she actually had been missing since Thursday night and not on Friday morning like they say.

They also asked us about suspicious cars or anything out of place etc and they did a search of our property.
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to kiwijayne For This Useful Post:
Old 04-24-2012, 11:08 PM
Cached

^ so they're not buying the 'went for a walk Friday morning' story either then.
Old 04-24-2012, 11:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs G Norris View Post
^ so they're not buying the 'went for a walk Friday morning' story either then.
I don't think they are.

It is funny what Itsthevibe said because I saw the photos and got a creepy feeling about him. But in saying that someone I know used to work for the husband and she said he worshipped the wife. But who knows one persona for the public and one persona for home.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to kiwijayne For This Useful Post:
Old 04-24-2012, 11:19 PM

Hate to say it but 9/10 times its the partner; maybe they are just taking the pressure off him to see how he reacts. It can't be easy for the kids having their dad as a person of interest. These kids would be in school and the police probably being careful about what they let on. Everyone closely associated with the missing women would be a person of interest I would imagine. I think they are giving him a bit of breathing space.

But who knows the couple could have been estranged and there may be more to the dissappearance. As she had her phone she could have called/texted someone to pick her up. Maybe she took a bag with her - they are treating as a missing person then perhaps some of her belongings are gone with her.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Liadan For This Useful Post:
Old 04-25-2012, 12:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwijayne View Post
I don't think they are.

It is funny what Itsthevibe said because I saw the photos and got a creepy feeling about him. But in saying that someone I know used to work for the husband and she said he worshipped the wife. But who knows one persona for the public and one persona for home.
Yes so true - and sometimes worshipping the wife can lead to even more dramtic emotions when things go wrong, you know, if they are obsessed or something. I won't dwell on his possible involvement at this stage because I feel that if he is not responsible it would be going too far, and it is possible she has been distressed and ended up having an accident on her walk. But the whole thing really does worry me.

I can't see how she can be alive and well, I simply do not think a mother of those 3 beautiful girls would disappear and not communicate with them to let people know she is OK, let alone leave the children for any length of time at all. Maybe there is a slim chance of her being found alive and unconscious or dazed, but I think its only slim. Very sad and no doubt her parents are beside themselves as each day goes by.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to itsthevibe For This Useful Post:
Old 04-25-2012, 12:09 AM

Maybe she did have an accident apparently there are plenty of mine shafts in this area due to it being a gold mining area(a long time ago).
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to kiwijayne For This Useful Post:
Old 04-25-2012, 12:39 AM

Have just come on here today and am glad to see this case on Websleuths after hearing about it alot.....I have noticed the Courier Mail had a big article on her and she has had a very interesting life and is highly educated.

Unfortunately I think the husband is responsible for her disappearance and the outcome is not going to be good.

http://www.news.com.au/national/sear...-1226337675767

I hope I am wrong.
Old 04-25-2012, 01:01 AM

There were conflicting reports on the media as to when her walk occurred - late Thursday night vs Friday morning. Huband reported her missing Friday am. However neighbours dog was rocketing down the back yard on the Thursday night. If something happened on the Thursday pm, there are a few potentiallly unaccounted hours in between. Also, his accident could have been an attempt to disguise existing damage to vehicle? I live not far from Brookfield. I doubt a woman could be abducted on the Friday morning in broad daylight without someone seeing it - a lot of business people live in Brookfield and drive to Brisbane and are up and about early morning. If no-one saw her on her am walk, then it didn't happen and we are back to Thurday pm. There is a road called Gap Creek Road in Kenmore Hills not very far from their house that leads to state forest type areas - I keep thinking she could be there.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Bennycat For This Useful Post:
Old 04-25-2012, 01:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rexo View Post
There were conflicting reports on the media as to when her walk occurred - late Thursday night vs Friday morning. Huband reported her missing Friday am. However neighbours dog was rocketing down the back yard on the Thursday night. If something happened on the Thursday pm, there are a few potentiallly unaccounted hours in between. Also, his accident could have been an attempt to disguise existing damage to vehicle? I live not far from Brookfield. I doubt a woman could be abducted on the Friday morning in broad daylight without someone seeing it - a lot of business people live in Brookfield and drive to Brisbane and are up and about early morning. If no-one saw her on her am walk, then it didn't happen and we are back to Thurday pm. There is a road called Gap Creek Road in Kenmore Hills not very far from their house that leads to state forest type areas - I keep thinking she could be there.

It freaks me out to think that you could be right. Posts of others also have good points.

Once we find out what has happened i will write more about my thoughts on it from the beginning.

I feel quite sick about it - living in the area just makes it all the more real, and I've even met one of the daughters, a very sweet little girl.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to itsthevibe For This Useful Post:
Old 04-25-2012, 02:43 AM

The latest is now they are saying she did walk out of the house at 10pm Thursday and they are appealing for sightings of the family cars that have now been impounded. Not looking good at all IMHO. They are also looking for her clothes she was last seen wearing.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/q...-1226338105411

Last edited by kiwijayne; 04-25-2012 at 02:44 AM. Reason: adding more to post
Old 04-25-2012, 03:54 AM

I'm not sure but they have changed the story again. Now this report says she was last seen at 10pm and the husband reported her missing after she failed to come home after a early morning walk.

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/quee...425-1xk24.html
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to kiwijayne For This Useful Post:
Old 04-25-2012, 04:42 AM

Many good posts here.

Now we hear of a scratch on his face the day he reported her missing.

Sadly, it seems the outcome in this case is going to be bad one.
The police will have a ton of information and will methodically build a case.
The pressure on the perpetrator will intensify dramatically until it reaches breaking point.
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Myserty64 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-25-2012, 05:16 AM

On the news tonight it has been released that they have interviewed a close family friend of the husband who used to work for him. So it is getting stranger and more likely that she is no longer with us sadly.
Old 04-25-2012, 05:39 AM

No prizes for guessing who will know the area really well either.
This knowledge is invaluable when one wants to conceal something.

Thanks to those who have shared their local knowledge here.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Myserty64 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-25-2012, 05:43 AM

Body Language and Past tense

Quote:
'I've spoken to the police about everything' as he shakes his head NO. I agree with Myserty64 soon to be solved.
A positive I guess is that he is not talking about his wife in the past tense. But as Mrs G Norris says the body language is not looking good. Shaking your head while you say something positive is not the hallmark of a truthful statement.

So much confusion about her timeline doesn't bode well. Someone knows and is just not talking. I wonder what the kids have to say!

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Liadan For This Useful Post:
Old 04-25-2012, 09:36 AM

The latest update. They triangulated her phone and found it was still in one of these three suburbs Brookfield, Kenmore and Pullenvale. So I guess there will be lots more searching done
http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/q...-1226338302828
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to kiwijayne For This Useful Post:
Old 04-25-2012, 03:32 PM

watching this one with interest - the husband certainly looks to me as if he is not being truthful. The car accident he had is a strange one too - certain things just don't add up. I agree that the outcome does not look good here. I feel so sorry for those children.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Rachel22 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-25-2012, 05:15 PM
Cached

Is everybody else is getting an affair vibe off this 'former work colleague of Mr Baden-Clay'?

A police spokesman said Mr Baden-Clay was staying with his parents and had provided "a version to police in relation to specific matters" about a scratch on his face.

http://www.news.com.au/national/time...-1226338462814

Oh dear.
Old 04-25-2012, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Is everybody else is getting an affair vibe off this 'former work colleague of Mr Baden-Clay'?

A police spokesman said Mr Baden-Clay was staying with his parents and had provided "a version to police in relation to specific matters" about a scratch on his face.

http://www.news.com.au/national/time...-1226338462814

Oh dear.
Funny you should mention an affair someone else I know knows for certain that he was having an affair with someone. It is a tight knit community here in Brookfield.

I think that the police have now formulated what has happened. The wife has found out, they had a fight and she took off. While doing that either she has met with an accident or he has followed her and something else has happened to her.

Either way it is not shaping up to be a good outcome.
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to kiwijayne For This Useful Post:
Old 04-25-2012, 06:09 PM
Cached

....or he and wife had a heated argument and things got completely out of hand....

'Neighbours reported hearing what sounded like arguing from the family home on Brookfield Rd at Brookfield not long before she disappeared about 10pm on Thursday, April 19.'

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news...-1226337675767

....he 'soft kills' her, takes her into the bush, returns home, then reports her missing the next morning.
Old 04-25-2012, 06:19 PM

Quote:
....or he and wife had a heated argument and things got completely out of hand....

'Neighbours reported hearing what sounded like arguing from the family home on Brookfield Rd at Brookfield not long before she disappeared about 10pm on Thursday, April 19.'

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news...-1226337675767

....he 'soft kills' her, takes her into the bush, returns home, then reports her missing the next morning.
Or that. I was thinking along the lines too that the other lady came to the house to stay with the kids(in case they woke up and rang the police if both parents weren't in the house). Then he went off and got rid of her.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to kiwijayne For This Useful Post:
Old 04-25-2012, 06:26 PM
Cached

^ or he just left them there... Noticed the channel 9 reporter spoke of Allison in the past tense this morning on 'Today', perhaps they know more than they are able to mention on air. Also noticed whenever they show the black and white family portrait they zoom in on the husband's face, not Allison's as you would expect if they thought she was simply missing.
Old 04-25-2012, 06:30 PM

Quote:
^ or he just left them there... Noticed the channel 9 reporter spoke of Allison in the past tense this morning on 'Today', perhaps they know more than they are able to mention on air. Also noticed whenever they show the black and white family portrait they zoom in on the husband's face, not Allison's as you would expect if they thought she was simply missing.
Maybe they do know more than they are letting on. I think they are trying to get peoples memories going to report any strange sightings on Thursday night.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to kiwijayne For This Useful Post: