Websleuths
Go Back   Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community > Featured Case Discussion > Hot Cases > Allison Baden-Clay of Australia > Allison Baden-Clay General Discussion Threads

Notices

Old 05-02-2012, 08:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlywings View Post
In the photo of GBC in the car, am I seeing things or are there scratches on his arm just above the end of the sleeve?? Just under his right eye looks like a scratch that's been covered with make-up.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/q...-1226344169693
Yes! I have some graphic design experience and I tried something and it worked. The photo online is very pale and washed out but the techniques i used increase the contrast and if you exaggerate certain colour techniques what will happen is this - it can't create marks that aren't there but it will show marks that are there and it does show a scar very close to the right eye - like a scratch very near the eye that has become a welt - perhaps what would happen if someone was absolutely clawing?

The hand is also interesting, yes there are small scratches showing above the cuff, but also the hand has blotchy red marks on it near the knuckles and fairly large ones above the wrist - as if the top of his hand has been not only scratched but perhaps held onto and pulled - but he has pulled harder and the hands pulling on his have lost their grip. Or there may be another explanation depending on what he actually did. But I am definitely thinking there has been some sort of mild trauma to the hand and perhaps more serious scratches elsewhere from what others are saying, plus the disguised welt on his face.

(Note: I alert you to Keyboredoms post disputing my theory here about the photo - and my response a few posts further down. In the interests of accuracy and not going overboard I agree Keyboredom does have a point - although i don't agree totally)

I agree, I think we are very close to an arrest, and maybe all of us here are closer to putting it together as a whole - maybe with some gaps, but from everything we have discussed over this last 10 days or so, i believe many of us could put together something quite close to what actually occurred, with of course missing bits due to our own lack of information. I feel sad for everyone involved, mainly for Allison, the girls and her parents of course. But I also look at him and I see him as pathetic - however that is being kind I guess. If he did it, sadly, he is evil.

Last edited by itsthevibe; 05-02-2012 at 08:47 AM. Reason: Added a rider/clarification ...
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to itsthevibe For This Useful Post:
Old 05-02-2012, 08:30 AM

Apparently the authorities have been looking at video footage from local supermarkets to find out who has been buying gloves that match the type found near the site.
Interesting
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Sixsence For This Useful Post:
Old 05-02-2012, 08:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsthevibe View Post
Yes! I have some graphic design experience and I tried something and it worked. The photo online is very pale and washed out but the techniques i used increase the contrast and if you exaggerate certain colour techniques what will happen is this - it can't create marks that aren't there but it will show marks that are there and it does show a scar very close to the right eye - like a scratch very near the eye that has become a welt - perhaps what would happen if someone was absolutely clawing?

The hand is also interesting, yes there are small scratches showing above the cuff, but also the hand has blotchy red marks on it near the knuckles and fairly large ones above the wrist - as if the top of his hand has been not only scratched but perhaps held onto and pulled - but he has pulled harder and the hands pulling on his have lost their grip. Or there may be another explanation depending on what he actually did. But I am definitely thinking there has been some sort of mild trauma to the hand and perhaps more serious scratches elsewhere from what others are saying, plus the disguised welt on his face.

I agree, I think we are very close to an arrest, and maybe all of us here are closer to putting it together as a whole - maybe with some gaps, but from everything we have discussed over this last 10 days or so, i believe many of us could put together something quite close to what actually occurred, with of course missing bits due to our own lack of information. I feel sad for everyone involved, mainly for Allison, the girls and her parents of course. But I also look at him and I see him as pathetic - however that is being kind I guess. If he did it, sadly, he is evil.
I don't mean to question your graphic design skills, but starting with a low res image and playing with contrast and saturation is not a reliable way to highlight imperfections on human flesh - the imperfections you're finding will be mostly lack of quality pixels in the source image. Trying to paint a picture of what might have happened CSI style needs a lot more evidence than a courier mail pic! There is NO WAY you can identify his hands have experienced mild trauma as described. Don't think the police are going to refer to this forum to say it cracked the case before they did, but I admire your confidence.

One thing that is probably correct, regardless of what else is proven about him, is descriptions of Gerard Baden-Clay by people who know him do seem to prove he is pathetic.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Keyboredom For This Useful Post:
Old 05-02-2012, 08:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixsence View Post
Apparently the authorities have been looking at video footage from local supermarkets to find out who has been buying gloves that match the type found near the site.
Interesting
well that would def be pre meditated then! RAT...
The Following User Says Thank You to mountainhigh For This Useful Post:

Quote:
Interesting
That would imply some level of premeditation, unless whatever happened before the supermarkets close at 9pm?

For someone to deliberately buy those gloves ahead of the incident?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RumourSquasher View Post
This is my first time here and I was prompted to join to try and squash rumours that I know to be totally wrong. I have only caught up to page 37 so far this evening but feel compelled to comment re the 'close female friend'. The lady name here in relation to C21 and now RE/MAX is 100% NOT involved. She is also aware of the comments here and understandably distressed at both the association and the unkind personal comments about her appearance. She is a lovely lady and her name and reputation should not be tarnished. In case you are wondering, I personally know all of the people involved so know what I am talking about.

There are some great insights on here but please, please do not refer to this lady again as being the 'close female friend'.
It's a very long thread but while there may have been one person who actually alluded to something about the appearance in a tactless way, others referred to age. I'm not sure if you noticed but i did do a post a few pages back about this, and wanted to ensure people perhaps dropped any focus which would lead to this woman who is not the correct woman. I did Google the original, incorrect name mentioned and i can see she is an attractive, vibrant, well groomed woman who looks like a lovely person - well as much as a photo can tell but i dont think anyone would disagree if they saw it. Please apologise to her - there may be one or two who were tactless but i dont think anyone has had any nasty intent and I'm sure people are now taking a bit more care. I realise this would be upsetting for her.
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to itsthevibe For This Useful Post:
Old 05-02-2012, 08:35 AM

Quote:
Interesting
Mmm I wonder if they used their flybuys card? They track purchases.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to alicat For This Useful Post:
Old 05-02-2012, 08:37 AM

Quote:
Interesting
Wow, it may really be an OJ Simpson case 'the glove doesn't fit me.'
The Following User Says Thank You to alicat For This Useful Post:
Old 05-02-2012, 08:40 AM

Someone asked about Allison's siblings - it looks as though she does have a brother.

"My daughter went to school with Allison's brother," the former neighbour said.

http://www.thereporter.com.au/story/...on-baden-clay/
Old 05-02-2012, 08:40 AM

Keyboredom you may be right, I may have overreacted, but I dont totally agree in that I dont think it can only be because of lack of quality pixels. Having done something similar with photos of myself and people i know, it has indeed highlighted markings that were actually there, not created what looks like marks that are not actually there at all on the person. However i concede my version is certainly not conclusive, it could also be as you say.
Old 05-02-2012, 08:41 AM

Husband thinks that there is no need for him to use gloves. However wouldn't his DNA be inside the gloves?
Old 05-02-2012, 08:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgiad View Post
Husband thinks that there is no need for him to use gloves. However wouldn't his DNA be inside the gloves?
when I heard about the gloves I immediately thought of GBC, bc on his blog he watches a lot of James Bond movies and he's obviously a bit drama himself.
The Following User Says Thank You to indogwetrust For This Useful Post:
Old 05-02-2012, 08:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsthevibe View Post
Keyboredom you may be right, I may have overreacted, but I dont totally agree in that I dont think it can only be because of lack of quality pixels. Having done something similar with photos of myself and people i know, it has indeed highlighted markings that were actually there, not created what looks like marks that are not actually there at all on the person. However i concede my version is certainly not conclusive, it could also be as you say.
Hopefully the police have high res undoctored photos of anyone who's of interest
Old 05-02-2012, 08:48 AM
Gotch ya

Fit

Quote:
Originally Posted by alicat View Post
Wow, it may really be an OJ Simpson case 'the glove doesn't fit me.'
I do think that would be a great catch for pre meditated by seeing the perp buying gloves.

However IMO I feel it would have been well after the fact of the crime happened 'in the heat of the moment at home', with other cohorts committed to assist in the disposal factor of this dead body.
JMO
Old 05-02-2012, 08:48 AM

Just saw Gerard's profile on fb - such cute little girls

Looks like the real estate page again - dad's on there, sister is ... oh and mum too but no Allison.
Old 05-02-2012, 08:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by indogwetrust View Post
when I heard about the gloves I immediately thought of GBC, bc on his blog he watches a lot of James Bond movies and he's obviously a bit drama himself.
He also likes Tom Cruise movies from what I've read.
Old 05-02-2012, 08:59 AM

Quote:

Looks like the real estate page again - dad's on there, sister is ... oh and mum too but no Allison.
A tradegy to think that this woman had to endure this &*$#@ and the clampets for 15 years of her life. Her only reward and gift were the 3 little girls and now she's been robbed of 40-50 years watching them grow. And what the girls have now been robbed of is unimaginable
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mountainhigh For This Useful Post:
Old 05-02-2012, 09:00 AM

I'm hearing that they didn't get prints off the body and COD is yet to be determined. This is upsetting.

Just going to go on a rant now: The man needs to fess up. Now. We're all over it.

Political Tangent Rant - I'm also sick of seeing the LNP support sticker in shots of one of the cars. IMO it's an insult to the government, the LNP and the people who support them. The LNP needs to distance themselves from this whole thing if they know what's good for them. If GBC is guilty, the shots of that car with that LNP support sticker are burnt into my retinas that's for sure. Flegg ought to hang his head in shame for even going near that house before getting the facts. Why didn't they close ranks around the Dickies? Something really stinks about the whole political "boys club" association.

To whomever killed ABC: You're wasting everyone's time and taxpayers money to preserve your own bs credibility. Nobody gives a ***** about you buddy. This town WILL close ranks around the Dickies and ALLISON's three daughters and drive you out like the snivelling spineless rat you are. You know eventually they will get you. They got Daniel Morcombe's killer. And he literally vanished without a trace. If a trial doesn't get you, a coronial inquest will. This isn't Sydney or Melbourne where this case gets buried under the mountain of gang-land crime. We will never forget. Justice will be served.
/End Rant
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Gorecki For This Useful Post:
Old 05-02-2012, 09:00 AM

Quote:
He also likes Tom Cruise movies from what I've read.
dear o dear say no more. another wack job
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mountainhigh For This Useful Post:
Old 05-02-2012, 09:10 AM

Quote:

And plenty of LNP / politicians. They all deserve each other. Oh and mum only gets a first name hybrid of her and her husband ... Maybe bwana-banana doesn't let all womenfolk have their own Facebook presence.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Keyboredom For This Useful Post:
Old 05-02-2012, 09:13 AM

I pray (and I'm not religious) that they lay charges before the funeral.
Old 05-02-2012, 09:17 AM

Has the ex-worker's name been made public?
Old 05-02-2012, 09:39 AM

GBC's Parents collected the tribute cards from the Brookfield Rd home today...Link:
http://news.ninemsn.com.au/national/...den-clay-clues

Are they still just trying to be normal about this terrible crime!
Old 05-02-2012, 09:40 AM

Would like the link to GBC's facebook page
Old 05-02-2012, 09:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by possumheart View Post
Would like the link to GBC's facebook page
I dont know if I'm allowed to post it?