Websleuths
Go Back   Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community > Featured Case Discussion > Hot Cases > Allison Baden-Clay of Australia > Allison Baden-Clay General Discussion Threads

Notices

Old 05-02-2012, 08:17 PM

Have you seen this?

First time I've seen GBC grouped in with the Dickies (in terms of grief) and remaining in contact for the girls.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/mor...-1226345491639
Old 05-02-2012, 08:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinking View Post
I wonder if the mistress has a husband?
No, she doesn't.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to tiff07 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-02-2012, 08:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlywings View Post
Yes exactly!! From that facebook comment whoever wrote it seems to be revelling in the dramatisation of it all, especially with this...

"struck down but not destroyed, They seem determined to do all possible to damage and destroy. They have virtually imprisoned us in the house! I warn you that there may be more and worse to come."

But not a word of praise for the police or wanting the person who killed Allison charged. What sort of self-centred people are they???
In answer to your question, probably very!

It sounds a bit like a sermon. You are right though, they sound more like the victims than Allison.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Raskolnikov For This Useful Post:
Old 05-02-2012, 08:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spratsmum View Post
I mustn't be making myself very clear sorry ....
I am assuming the children went to school at normal time, so perhaps she did come down to support him and arrived later in the morning and then took the girls to school - need to think more outside the box. It is not important just an observations.

sorry - I think my brain is muddled from reading the 46 pages on here Have a good day

No, I understand what you are saying.
How could the sister drop the kids off at school 4 1/2 hours after Allison reported missing if she lives in Townsville.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Curiousasacat For This Useful Post:
Old 05-02-2012, 08:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spratsmum View Post
I mustn't be making myself very clear sorry ....
I am assuming the children went to school at normal time, so perhaps she did come down to support him and arrived later in the morning and then took the girls to school - need to think more outside the box. It is not important just an observations.

sorry - I think my brain is muddled from reading the 46 pages on here Have a good day
So confused, I am. The sister lives in Townsville.....the police were informed at 7:30am that Allison was missing, though said sister made it to Brisbane in time to take the children to school? Managed to organise a flight and got to airport and on said flight, got out of airport at neck breaking speed and then got to GBC's to take the kids to school?..........................I dont think so!!!!!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to willough For This Useful Post:
Old 05-02-2012, 08:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raskolnikov View Post
In answer to your question, probably very!

It sounds a bit like a sermon. You are right though, they sound more like the vistims than Allison.
It's a bit creepy and inappropriate using the words 'struck down but not destroyed'.

Maybe they weren't (and agree they are playing the victim as I also thought GBC was that day when he spoke in his little quiet voice), but ALLISON was ... to use those words - struck down and destroyed.

How could you put the focus on yourself like that in the most inappropriate way?
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to indogwetrust For This Useful Post:
Old 05-02-2012, 08:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keyboredom View Post
When they arrest someone, the person will be well and truly screwed beyond all doubt. Of course they're keeping an open mind, just like everyone on here

PS suggesting people concentrate on some form of FACTS prevents naming and shaming innocent people who have nothing to do with the case, like the poor lady named as a mistress previously ... it's way to easy to create innuendo by wildly inventing different 'possible' scenarios - how would you like it if someone pointed out you might have been involved in a murder if the worst you did was, for some ungodly reason, find a yellow-jacketed pinhead attractive? Or worst still, you just happened to have worked with the husband of a murdered woman? People need to take responsibility for their comments - even behind the anonymity of the good ol' internet.
I regret my post and i take responsibility for it and that it is probably incorrect - but others have posted lots of ideas and thoughts about what and who that are also possibly incorrect. Others in the earlier part of this forum also alluded that maybe it was the mistress, they did that as i did in trying to be balanced and not assume it is GBC and judge too swiftly, not as a blatant accusation. I didnt name anyone and I dont have a clue who the mistress is, nor do I want or need to know or have a desire for it to be made public. I also point out I have never mentioned names other than GBC, and I have posted on two occasions about my concerns about the real estate woman incorrectly named and the need for caution. Putting forward scenarios about anonymous people and describing them as purely a scenario, as opposed to actually naming people and stating something about them as a certainty, are two different things.

Lets just leave it there on this subject, I am conscious about the rules of this forum and personal attacks, and don't want this to escalate into that.
The Following User Says Thank You to itsthevibe For This Useful Post:
Old 05-02-2012, 08:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrisbaneGirl View Post
I would bet my bottom dollar on it that the police will be reading EVERYTHING on every forum incase someone of interest slips up OR to get ideas and see how much info they can gather, there have been people on here who have spoken of knowing the family and of the affair etc, of course they would be reading everything, Hi Detectives, When you you going to arrest the SOB?
Yes I agree that they would be watching......
I have followed a few cases on this web site and I have never seen so many "lurkers"
Currently 173 guests!!!!
Old 05-02-2012, 08:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiff07 View Post
No, she doesn't.
The rumour I heard, right at the beginning, was that they were both going to leave their partners (unspecified as to whether a marriage partner). And she did but he didn't.
Old 05-02-2012, 08:40 PM

At the end of the day................We may be all incorrect. Or may be correct with our thoughts it was GBD. Maybe the parents were involed after the fact, or not. Maybe the mistress did it, or may have been involved......or not. Maybe Allison was having an affair and the guy she was having it with, killed her (dumped her at Tyamolum.....to make it seem like GBD did it, or not). Maybe, maybe maybe.

All i know, is I HOPE that they catch whoever did this to her.

That sermon from the pastor brother in law.....If I had a hard copy of that, i'd puke on it. They make is seem like they are so victimised. I dont recall seeing the Dickie's being hounded by the media at the command post. Maybe, if they had displayed more care and compassion to the world about their in-law being missing....and had GBC of his wife..................the media, would have been less of what they call hounding, and what we call normal.

Those people (the Baden Clays - not the children) need to take a 'get over themselves' pill SOOOOO badly. Allison is DEAD, and all they can think about is there 5 minutes of negative fame in the spotlight.....DISGUSTED
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to willough For This Useful Post:
Old 05-02-2012, 08:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PolyDot View Post

Domestic gone bad ! Dv is always bad - it is horrific that our terms for murder are low , and disgusting that men who kills their partners often recive a lot less.
agreed, I should have said one that escalated to lethal violence. there are far too many stories of people killing their spouses, parents and children.
The Following User Says Thank You to ozazure For This Useful Post:
Old 05-02-2012, 08:46 PM

Wondering

Keyboredom posted a page or 2 ago questioning the reference to Allison being seen at the Kenmore roundabout that night. Good point - I can't recall either how this started. I thought it was actually reported in the media, possibly even as a statement from Ainsworth, and then reported on here as a result. Can anyone confirm this? I felt at the time that it was a genuine report not just an idea someone mentioned, and that it was referred to by a few people, but I dont have the time to trawl back through all those pages.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to itsthevibe For This Useful Post:
Old 05-02-2012, 08:52 PM

Items found in search

Just a thought re: the gloves and water bottle found near waterway. Don't forget Clean Up Australia Day was held back in March - could simply have been left behind by Clean Up volunteers (I know, the irony).
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to usernamestaken For This Useful Post:
Old 05-02-2012, 08:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by indogwetrust View Post
It's a bit creepy and inappropriate using the words 'struck down but not destroyed'.

Maybe they weren't (and agree they are playing the victim as I also thought GBC was that day when he spoke in his little quiet voice), but ALLISON was ... to use those words - struck down and destroyed.

How could you put the focus on yourself like that in the most inappropriate way?

Similar to those who put the focus on themselves by having a geriatric pash session as their daughter in law lay decomposing in the mud flats and while decent men and women were out searching in all weathers ?
Old 05-02-2012, 08:58 PM

[quote=willough;7865109]At the end of the day................We may be all incorrect. Or may be correct with our thoughts it was GBD. Maybe the parents were involed after the fact, or not. Maybe the mistress did it, or may have been involved......or not. Maybe Allison was having an affair and the guy she was having it with, killed her (dumped her at Tyamolum.....to make it seem like GBD did it, or not). Maybe, maybe maybe.

All i know, is I HOPE that they catch whoever did this to her.

That sermon from the pastor brother in law.....If I had a hard copy of that, i'd puke on it. They make is seem like they are so victimised. I dont recall seeing the Dickie's being hounded by the media at the command post. Maybe, if they had displayed more care and compassion to the world about their in-law being missing....and had GBC of his wife..................the media, would have been less of what they call hounding, and what we call normal.

Well said !!! and again (because the forum bot insists I lengthen my comment)

WELL SAID !!!!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to laserdisc10 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-02-2012, 09:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsthevibe View Post
Keyboredom posted a page or 2 ago questioning the reference to Allison being seen at the Kenmore roundabout that night. Good point - I can't recall either how this started. I thought it was actually reported in the media, possibly even as a statement from Ainsworth, and then reported on here as a result. Can anyone confirm this? I felt at the time that it was a genuine report not just an idea someone mentioned, and that it was referred to by a few people, but I dont have the time to trawl back through all those pages.
I'm sure the reporter in the 7 news report said something like "they believed Alison was on/at the roundabout...." - but I will have to find the link and check. From memory, the police didn't say it, but the reporter said something to that effect. Can anyone verify?
The Following User Says Thank You to Thinking For This Useful Post:
Old 05-02-2012, 09:20 PM

Do you agree that the perpetrator of this crime probably never imagined in their wildest dreams, the amount of coverage, attention and reaction Allison's loss has attracted? They probably thought she would just go down on the books as a missing person, it would get a bit of attention for a few days and then the perpetrator would just be able to get on with their lives.

I love the fact that we as a community (locally and globally) are expressing our hurt and outrage at Allison's untimely loss. We will never accept this and will not let it go until we get some answers on behalf of Allison, her children and her family. I know that you are all as upset about this as me, and I didn't know Allison personally. My heart aches for her.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Thinking For This Useful Post:
Old 05-02-2012, 09:21 PM

Quote:
I'm sure the reporter in the 7 news report said something like "they believed Alison was on/at the roundabout...." - but I will have to find the link and check. From memory, the police didn't say it, but the reporter said something to that effect. Can anyone verify?
As I remember, those words were spoken in the usual 'lead-up to the News'. Didn't hear it spoken that way during the actual News item.
The Following User Says Thank You to Couldbe For This Useful Post:
Old 05-02-2012, 09:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caviar View Post
Here is the link to the report - the reporter says they believe "she was sighted" on the roundabout.

I guess it isn't very clear whether she means Allison herself (which was my initial understanding), or just that her car was sighted. Any thoughts?
The Following User Says Thank You to Thinking For This Useful Post:
Old 05-02-2012, 09:34 PM

hmm ... wonder if that means she was seen or slip of the reporter's words? You'd think the police would move the mannequin to the roundabout if it's likely she was seen. Poor lady.
Old 05-02-2012, 09:42 PM

Quote:
Here is the link to the report - the reporter says they believe "she was sighted" on the roundabout.

I guess it isn't very clear whether she means Allison herself (which was my initial understanding), or just that her car was sighted. Any thoughts?

Did this information emerge as result of the reported questioning of the woman described as 'very close' to GBC, one wonders. Or as result of independent witnesses ?
Old 05-02-2012, 09:46 PM

Quote:

Yes, I'm confused about this too. I remember thinking at the time, did they mean she was seen on foot (ie she actually did go on a walk) or in a vehicle, or both (eg if she walked out and he went after her and got her to get into the vehicle)? Or did she actually drive a vehicle herself?

Added to this were the couple of posts on here mentioning that a vehicle was left on the Brookfield Showgrounds for a period of time - I'm not sure where the info came from on that one either - and which vehicle, for how long, etc?
The Following User Says Thank You to itsthevibe For This Useful Post:
Old 05-02-2012, 09:46 PM

I'm a newbie who has been following this thread with great interest. Whatever unfolds in the coming days/weeks etc, this forum has demonstrated to me that all is not completely lost in this ever baffling, desensitized world. People DO still care about the wellbeing & plight of others and are prepared to take a stand when the innocent have been harmed.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to usernamestaken For This Useful Post:
Old 05-02-2012, 09:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by laserdisc10 View Post
Did this information emerge as result of the reported questioning of the woman described as 'very close' to GBC, one wonders. Or as result of independent witnesses ?
i thought the news report said that her car was seen between 11pm and 4am and police were asking for further witnesses...
The Following User Says Thank You to BrizzychickinUSA For This Useful Post:
Old 05-02-2012, 09:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by usernamestaken View Post
I'm a newbie who has been following this thread with great interest. Whatever unfolds in the coming days/weeks etc, this forum has demonstrated to me that all is not completely lost in this ever baffling, desensitized world. People DO still care about the wellbeing & plight of others and are prepared to take a stand when the innocent have been harmed.
Hi, Usernamestaken --- seen your ID down there. Glad you've broken the ice and commented

You're right in what you say, imo. Regardless of race or creed, I do believe the senses of 'justice' and 'injustice' are hard-wired into the human race