Websleuths
Go Back   Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community > Missing!! > Missing but not forgotten Discussion > 2000's Missing

Notices

2000's Missing Persons missing between 2000-2009


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #26  
Old 04-23-2012, 07:53 PM
Cazzie's Avatar
Cazzie Cazzie is offline
This is love
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 4,456
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cubby View Post
Daughter J states her father disappears around noon or 1 pm.

Reporter: “J says her husband was with her dad, at his home yesterday. He went to the hardware store alone. When he came back…”

J: “My dad was gone.”

Reporter: “What time?”

J: “We’re thinking maybe 1, noon?”

http://www.ktla.com/videobeta/watch/...9354&src=front

I don't have sound. Did she cut off the reporter mid sentence answering, "My dad was gone."?

It's interesting to watch daughter J's eye contact.

At one point it looks like she is looking right over the reporters right shoulder- to something behind the reporter.

And when asked about the time, she's clearly surprised by the question.
So surprised, she looks completely away, as if looking at someone straight ahead for some back up confirmation or to gain her composure, before she turns back and answers.


What date was that video from? The day Fontelle returned? Or was that the day following Bob's disappearance while she was dth 'changing the linens'?

I wonder if the reporter (or camera men) noticed if the carpet was damp? Or if it was more humid indoors than usual for a home in Placentia in late July?
UBBM. BBM.

Not sure when, but clearly before Fontelle returned as near the end, she says that she (or they) is waiting to welcome Bob's new wife (or did she say "bride"?) and hopes that he will return to join them in welcoming her. (Paraphrased)

It is interesting.
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Cazzie For This Useful Post:
  #27  
Old 04-24-2012, 05:41 AM
suzyq211's Avatar
suzyq211 suzyq211 is offline
Someone knows what happened to Robert Harrod!
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 1,511
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cubby View Post
Daughter J states her father disappears around noon or 1 pm.


I don't have sound. Did she cut off the reporter mid sentence answering, "My dad was gone."?

<respectfully snipped>

I think it's a soundbite thing.
On another note, everytime I watch that video I am astounded at the facial expressions, the widening eyes, the blinking...

I still dont understand how the next day, after 24 hours of (you would think) rehashing the scenario, they wouldn't have the time straight. Noon-1:00 versus three and change is a HUGE difference.IMO
__________________
Mario McNeill found guilty of murder of Shaniya Davis...now let's move on to AD!!!!!

All my posts are MOO and nothing but MOO!!!!
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to suzyq211 For This Useful Post:
  #28  
Old 04-24-2012, 06:29 AM
cloudajo's Avatar
cloudajo cloudajo is offline
Bob Harrod, Missing from Placentia, CA
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 1,623
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cubby View Post
Daughter J states her father disappears around noon or 1 pm.

Reporter: “J says her husband was with her dad, at his home yesterday. He went to the hardware store alone. When he came back…”

J: “My dad was gone.”

Reporter: “What time?”

J: “We’re thinking maybe 1, noon?”

http://www.ktla.com/videobeta/watch/...9354&src=front

I don't have sound. Did she cut off the reporter mid sentence answering, "My dad was gone."?

It's interesting to watch daughter J's eye contact.

At one point it looks like she is looking right over the reporters right shoulder- to something behind the reporter.

And when asked about the time, she's clearly surprised by the question.
So surprised, she looks completely away, as if looking at someone straight ahead for some back up confirmation or to gain her composure, before she turns back and answers.


What date was that video from? The day Fontelle returned? Or was that the day following Bob's disappearance while she was dth 'changing the linens'?

I wonder if the reporter (or camera men) noticed if the carpet was damp? Or if it was more humid indoors than usual for a home in Placentia in late July?
She doesn't cut the reporter off - the first audio from reporter is a sound bite, and then it cuts to the reporter interviewing JuM. Also, this was filmed Tues, July 28, 2009, the day after Bob disappeared.


Filmed Tuesday, July 28, 2009 in Bob’s house – the day after Bob went missing

Reporter: “Julie says her husband was with her dad, at his home yesterday. He went to the hardware store alone. When he came back…”

JuM: “My dad was gone.”

Reporter: “What time?”

JuM: “We’re thinking maybe 1, noon?”

Reporter: “Julie insists her father has never done this. She says his knees are bad – he can barely walk for more than two blocks, is showing signs of dementia, his long lost love Fontelle, is also worried sick, and is anxious to be here with her new family.”

JuM: “Our father means the world to us. More than anything, I want Fontelle to come home to her husband. And um, I just want everybody to embrace this, if they don’t know him, just to even say a prayer that he’ll come home.”

http://www.ktla.com/videobeta/watch/?watch=ac85bbd7-919c-45df-8bff-de9407f59354&src=front
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to cloudajo For This Useful Post:
  #29  
Old 04-24-2012, 06:43 AM
cloudajo's Avatar
cloudajo cloudajo is offline
Bob Harrod, Missing from Placentia, CA
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 1,623
JuM didn’t see Bob much in previous 6 months yet told reporter on July 28th Bob was showing signs of dimentia... FYI, she refers to hairdresser below as POI.
  • On Aug 13, 2009, JuM posted on IS that Bob “pushed us away around Christmas, he wanted time to get in touch with his feelings. It hurt all of us, we tried to respect his wishes but I would stop in now and then when I was down the hill and he would be happy to see us.”
  • And “This is heartbreaking, the distance he created was so selfish. We found out that he purchased lavish gifts for POI…”
  • And “In a nutshell that is what happened until we came down to meet F he wanted us to be an instant family again. The difficult situation of just losing our mother and then D pushing us away was insane. As if our emotions can be shut down and then turned back on in a snap.”
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to cloudajo For This Useful Post:
  #30  
Old 04-24-2012, 07:00 AM
cloudajo's Avatar
cloudajo cloudajo is offline
Bob Harrod, Missing from Placentia, CA
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 1,623
Quote:
Originally Posted by cloudajo View Post
She doesn't cut the reporter off - the first audio from reporter is a sound bite, and then it cuts to the reporter interviewing JuM. Also, this was filmed Tues, July 28, 2009, the day after Bob disappeared.


Filmed Tuesday, July 28, 2009 in Bob’s house – the day after Bob went missing

Reporter: “Julie says her husband was with her dad, at his home yesterday. He went to the hardware store alone. When he came back…”

JuM: “My dad was gone.”

Reporter: “What time?”

JuM: “We’re thinking maybe 1, noon?”

Reporter: “Julie insists her father has never done this. She says his knees are bad – he can barely walk for more than two blocks, is showing signs of dementia, his long lost love Fontelle, is also worried sick, and is anxious to be here with her new family.”

JuM: “Our father means the world to us. More than anything, I want Fontelle to come home to her husband. And um, I just want everybody to embrace this, if they don’t know him, just to even say a prayer that he’ll come home.”

http://www.ktla.com/videobeta/watch/...9354&src=front
By the way, you'll notice that the SIL JeM is not in the video because he didn't return to Bob's house the next day with his wife JuM. Why? According to another daughter, JeM planned to return the next day to do more work for Bob, but since Bob still wasn't answering his phone, he didn't. Does that make sense to anyone?
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to cloudajo For This Useful Post:
  #31  
Old 04-24-2012, 08:33 AM
suzyq211's Avatar
suzyq211 suzyq211 is offline
Someone knows what happened to Robert Harrod!
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 1,511
Quote:
Originally Posted by cloudajo View Post
By the way, you'll notice that the SIL JeM is not in the video because he didn't return to Bob's house the next day with his wife JuM. Why? According to another daughter, JeM planned to return the next day to do more work for Bob, but since Bob still wasn't answering his phone, he didn't. Does that make sense to anyone?
I feel that would be ALL THE MORE reason to accompany my wife dth!!!!
__________________
Mario McNeill found guilty of murder of Shaniya Davis...now let's move on to AD!!!!!

All my posts are MOO and nothing but MOO!!!!

Last edited by suzyq211; 04-24-2012 at 08:55 AM.
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to suzyq211 For This Useful Post:
  #32  
Old 04-24-2012, 04:53 PM
believe09's Avatar
believe09 believe09 is offline
For nothing is secret that will not be revealed
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Oh Captain, My Captain
Posts: 25,946
I suppose that would make a clear statement about JeM's regard, or lack there-of, for his wife. Her father is missing and he leaves her to face it alone. How selfish and strange.
__________________
email me


Long Lost Love: The Bob Harrod Story Disappeared/ID Network
Amazon: Purchase Long Lost Love $1.99


Bob Harrod SAR


“The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them.”
― Maya Angelou
The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to believe09 For This Useful Post:
  #33  
Old 04-24-2012, 10:57 PM
Cubby Cubby is offline
50K reward, Bob Harrod-Missing: Call Det. Radomski 714-993-8176
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Chicago burbs
Posts: 71,625
Quote:
Originally Posted by cloudajo View Post
By the way, you'll notice that the SIL JeM is not in the video because he didn't return to Bob's house the next day with his wife JuM. Why? According to another daughter, JeM planned to return the next day to do more work for Bob, but since Bob still wasn't answering his phone, he didn't. Does that make sense to anyone?

None, not one bit of sense. In fact it's an incredibly adolescent sounding response, if it is accurate. What makes sense, imo, is he didn't come back to his father in laws home, because he did not want to face reporters or police asking him questions. So instead he leaves his wife to face it alone, and his sisters in law to play clean up for him.

I often wonder how long daughters R and P are going to be willing to play clean up for these two. At some point they are going to say enough, you two clean up your own mess.

Jeff still hasn't clarified the timeline or handy man jobs. If he has nothing to hide, there is not one good reason for not coming forward and clarifying those issues AND insisting on taking a polygraph to have himself cleared so LE move onto the right track. Not that I don't believe LE is not on the right track now.

It's just a matter of time. All the pieces will fall in place and LE will have this case solved. Arrests, a trial, conviction and sentencing. I can't wait for that day, but am willing to be as patient as necessary to see this case come full circle.
__________________
~JMO~

A grandfather is someone with silver in his hair and gold in his heart. ~Author Unknown


Long Lost Love - Discovery ID - Disappeared - Bob Harrod Case

You can now purchase Mr. Harrod's Disappeared episode through Amazon, iTunes or YouTube.


Websleuths Resource Center

Call Kurtis - Psychics and the Missing
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Cubby For This Useful Post:
  #34  
Old 04-25-2012, 07:31 AM
GrainneDhu GrainneDhu is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 5,159
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelo View Post
Interesting that family members are excluded from claiming the reward. Now why would they do that?



http://placentia.org/DocumentCenter/Home/View/1102
Says a lot about the family dynamics to me.
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to GrainneDhu For This Useful Post:
  #35  
Old 04-25-2012, 07:33 AM
GrainneDhu GrainneDhu is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 5,159
Quote:
Originally Posted by cloudajo View Post
Also, I wouldn't say this wording below they included is accurate, as we still don't know the specifics of the "handyman jobs" performed by JeM the afternoon Bob disappeared and what if anything, JuM did when she went down the hill to "change the linens" the day after Bob disappeared.

"81 year old Bob vanished without a trace"
Makes me think someone is trying to exert their Jedi mind tricks: "move along, folks, nothing to see here..."
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to GrainneDhu For This Useful Post:
  #36  
Old 04-25-2012, 07:50 AM
GrainneDhu GrainneDhu is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 5,159
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cubby View Post
Daughter J states her father disappears around noon or 1 pm.

Reporter: “J says her husband was with her dad, at his home yesterday. He went to the hardware store alone. When he came back…”

J: “My dad was gone.”

Reporter: “What time?”

J: “We’re thinking maybe 1, noon?”

http://www.ktla.com/videobeta/watch/...9354&src=front

I don't have sound. Did she cut off the reporter mid sentence answering, "My dad was gone."?

It's interesting to watch daughter J's eye contact.

At one point it looks like she is looking right over the reporters right shoulder- to something behind the reporter.

And when asked about the time, she's clearly surprised by the question.
So surprised, she looks completely away, as if looking at someone straight ahead for some back up confirmation or to gain her composure, before she turns back and answers.



What date was that video from? The day Fontelle returned? Or was that the day following Bob's disappearance while she was dth 'changing the linens'?

I wonder if the reporter (or camera men) noticed if the carpet was damp? Or if it was more humid indoors than usual for a home in Placentia in late July?
BBM

I am not an expert. Based solely on my own life experience, that sort of eye movement can happen when someone is coming up with a revision of historical fact.

I've often wondered if the person is unconsciously looking for a way out of having to tell an outright lie or if it's a way of filling up time while they rapidly calculate what the "correct" answer must be.

I don't know.

I do think it's a very primitive gesture and probably hardwired because I've seen video of both chimps and gorillas do the same thing when they are trying to hide something from someone in their social connections. Seeing that on video from chimps and gorillas always gives me a shiver of recognition: they are our cousins, we are not so different from them.

Considering how hot and dry Placentia is, I wouldn't be surprised if there was no difference in the humidity levels but I'd be really curious about how the house smelled.
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to GrainneDhu For This Useful Post:
  #37  
Old 04-25-2012, 05:06 PM
believe09's Avatar
believe09 believe09 is offline
For nothing is secret that will not be revealed
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Oh Captain, My Captain
Posts: 25,946
I dont know if we have visited this story in a while-Lynsie Ekelund's killer pled guilty to a second degree murder charge.

http://abclocal.go.com/kabc/story?se...les&id=8623302

Nancy never stopped looking for her daughter. She never, ever stopped. She let her home be turned inside out, she opened up her life to investigators so she could be swiftly ruled out from any possible link. She knew who had taken her daughter-we all knew. Nancy is a hero.
__________________
email me


Long Lost Love: The Bob Harrod Story Disappeared/ID Network
Amazon: Purchase Long Lost Love $1.99


Bob Harrod SAR


“The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them.”
― Maya Angelou
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to believe09 For This Useful Post:
  #38  
Old 04-25-2012, 05:07 PM
believe09's Avatar
believe09 believe09 is offline
For nothing is secret that will not be revealed
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Oh Captain, My Captain
Posts: 25,946
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrainneDhu View Post
Makes me think someone is trying to exert their Jedi mind tricks: "move along, folks, nothing to see here..."

That was funny Grannie!
__________________
email me


Long Lost Love: The Bob Harrod Story Disappeared/ID Network
Amazon: Purchase Long Lost Love $1.99


Bob Harrod SAR


“The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them.”
― Maya Angelou
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to believe09 For This Useful Post:
  #39  
Old 04-26-2012, 09:13 AM
believe09's Avatar
believe09 believe09 is offline
For nothing is secret that will not be revealed
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Oh Captain, My Captain
Posts: 25,946
Bumpity bump, Mr and Mrs Harrod...
__________________
email me


Long Lost Love: The Bob Harrod Story Disappeared/ID Network
Amazon: Purchase Long Lost Love $1.99


Bob Harrod SAR


“The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them.”
― Maya Angelou
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to believe09 For This Useful Post:
  #40  
Old 04-27-2012, 06:42 PM
Opie Opie is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Ohio
Posts: 90,582
Bumping this thread back to first page.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Opie For This Useful Post:
  #41  
Old 04-27-2012, 10:48 PM
Fairy1's Avatar
Fairy1 Fairy1 is offline
Karma - The Great Equalizer
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 8,128
Bringing along the coroner's website for reference....

http://www.sbcounty.gov/sheriff/coro...essrelease.asp
__________________
~~~Cynical Optimist~~~
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Fairy1 For This Useful Post:
  #42  
Old 04-28-2012, 09:01 AM
believe09's Avatar
believe09 believe09 is offline
For nothing is secret that will not be revealed
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Oh Captain, My Captain
Posts: 25,946
Thanks Fairy!
Quote:
Coroner case #701202646--On 4/10/2012 at 6:05 p.m. San Bernardino Police Officers were called to respond to a call of skeletal remains found the wash area north of Highland Avenue, west of Highway 330 on Fontage Road Rd in San Bernardino. The remains are believed to be of a male with no obvious signs of trauma. However, due to the condition of the body identification was not immediately possible. The San Bernardino Police Department is also investigation this incident.[04112012 1041 SY]
__________________
email me


Long Lost Love: The Bob Harrod Story Disappeared/ID Network
Amazon: Purchase Long Lost Love $1.99


Bob Harrod SAR


“The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them.”
― Maya Angelou
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to believe09 For This Useful Post:
  #43  
Old 04-29-2012, 06:12 AM
GrainneDhu GrainneDhu is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 5,159
I keep wondering about one known issue in this family dynamic.

Bob thought that Fontelle had decided to drop him when he was drafted because he never saw any of her letters to him. Fontelle thought Bob had dropped her because she kept getting her letters marked "return to sender" but they had already been opened. And she never got the letters Bob sent to her.

When Bob and Fontelle put the two sides of their story together, it became clear that Georgia's aunt or uncle had been deliberately intercepting communications, which left the way open for Georgia and Bob to start a relationship.

I don't think Bob was all that happy with his three daughters. No one pays their adult children $15K each to leave them alone if they are happy with those offspring.

While I don't think Bob would have held the actions of Georgia's aunt or uncle against Georgia or their children, it had to have had some kind of effect on him. Or, at least, it would have affected me if I were in Bob's shoes.

I mean, fifty plus years of his life based on a deception and manipulation! That would sting me.

I wonder if, considering everything, Bob may have wanted to leave a greater share of his estate to Fontelle than others may have considered appropriate simply out of a feeling that they had been cheated of so many years together.

And if, when things got heated during that last family meeting, Bob may have had some very <cough> direct words for his daughters.
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to GrainneDhu For This Useful Post:
  #44  
Old 04-29-2012, 08:25 AM
believe09's Avatar
believe09 believe09 is offline
For nothing is secret that will not be revealed
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Oh Captain, My Captain
Posts: 25,946
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrainneDhu View Post
I keep wondering about one known issue in this family dynamic.

Bob thought that Fontelle had decided to drop him when he was drafted because he never saw any of her letters to him. Fontelle thought Bob had dropped her because she kept getting her letters marked "return to sender" but they had already been opened. And she never got the letters Bob sent to her.

When Bob and Fontelle put the two sides of their story together, it became clear that Georgia's aunt or uncle had been deliberately intercepting communications, which left the way open for Georgia and Bob to start a relationship.

I don't think Bob was all that happy with his three daughters. No one pays their adult children $15K each to leave them alone if they are happy with those offspring.

While I don't think Bob would have held the actions of Georgia's aunt or uncle against Georgia or their children, it had to have had some kind of effect on him. Or, at least, it would have affected me if I were in Bob's shoes.

I mean, fifty plus years of his life based on a deception and manipulation! That would sting me.

I wonder if, considering everything, Bob may have wanted to leave a greater share of his estate to Fontelle than others may have considered appropriate simply out of a feeling that they had been cheated of so many years together.

And if, when things got heated during that last family meeting, Bob may have had some very <cough> direct words for his daughters.
This is sort of how I see it as well Grannie. I am certain that Bob was intending to add his wife to his estate planning, perhaps even the morning that he disappeared. He was meticulous with the details of his financial life-as PB alluded to in her testimony at the last trial, he kept very specific notes regarding things having to do with finances.

Actually it would be interesting to know if he communicated that information to any financial professionals responsible for maintaining his substantial assets...kwim? I can envision Bob wanting to get his ducks in a row pretty quickly after his marriage. That would have taken paperwork.
__________________
email me


Long Lost Love: The Bob Harrod Story Disappeared/ID Network
Amazon: Purchase Long Lost Love $1.99


Bob Harrod SAR


“The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them.”
― Maya Angelou
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to believe09 For This Useful Post:
  #45  
Old 04-29-2012, 08:52 AM
Cazzie's Avatar
Cazzie Cazzie is offline
This is love
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 4,456
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrainneDhu View Post
I keep wondering about one known issue in this family dynamic.

Bob thought that Fontelle had decided to drop him when he was drafted because he never saw any of her letters to him. Fontelle thought Bob had dropped her because she kept getting her letters marked "return to sender" but they had already been opened. And she never got the letters Bob sent to her.

When Bob and Fontelle put the two sides of their story together, it became clear that Georgia's aunt or uncle had been deliberately intercepting communications, which left the way open for Georgia and Bob to start a relationship.


I don't think Bob was all that happy with his three daughters. No one pays their adult children $15K each to leave them alone if they are happy with those offspring.

While I don't think Bob would have held the actions of Georgia's aunt or uncle against Georgia or their children, it had to have had some kind of effect on him. Or, at least, it would have affected me if I were in Bob's shoes.

I mean, fifty plus years of his life based on a deception and manipulation! That would sting me.

I wonder if, considering everything, Bob may have wanted to leave a greater share of his estate to Fontelle than others may have considered appropriate simply out of a feeling that they had been cheated of so many years together.

And if, when things got heated during that last family meeting, Bob may have had some very <cough> direct words for his daughters.
Thanx for this post! Somehow I missed the details of how Bob and Fontelle had "missed their boat" way back then. Can you plz direct me to the articles (or posts) about this?

How was Georgia's aunt (or uncle) able to intercept the letters (incoming & outgoing)? Sounds like Bob was living with them...how did that come to be?

And I didn't think this story could get any sadder...
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Cazzie For This Useful Post:
  #46  
Old 04-29-2012, 09:38 AM
believe09's Avatar
believe09 believe09 is offline
For nothing is secret that will not be revealed
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Oh Captain, My Captain
Posts: 25,946
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cazzie View Post
Thanx for this post! Somehow I missed the details of how Bob and Fontelle had "missed their boat" way back then. Can you plz direct me to the articles (or posts) about this?

How was Georgia's aunt (or uncle) able to intercept the letters (incoming & outgoing)? Sounds like Bob was living with them...how did that come to be?

And I didn't think this story could get any sadder...
I might be able to help out here-Bob was living in a boarding house prior to moving to Camp Pendleton, I believe. Georgia's aunt ran the boarding house, IIRC. Bob would leave his letters to be mailed on the kitchen table of the boarding house (as was customary with most boarders in those days) and any mail to be received by him came to that boarding house of course.

Or didnt come. Or at least wasnt delivered.

I agree with Grannie-imagine when Bob and Fontelle reconnected. You have to know that the first subject for conversation would be how they had lost touch. It just seems a little too coincidental that Fontelle's letters were returned and Bob's were never mailed, and all that time aunt had an unmarried niece who eventually became the first Mrs. Harrod.

I feel for the girls in a way-Georgia was not Bob's first choice although they clearly had a sucessful marriage. In all of the media following the reunion, Bob was adamant that Fontelle was his first love...the one that got away. It has to sting a little, dont you think?
__________________
email me


Long Lost Love: The Bob Harrod Story Disappeared/ID Network
Amazon: Purchase Long Lost Love $1.99


Bob Harrod SAR


“The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them.”
― Maya Angelou
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to believe09 For This Useful Post:
  #47  
Old 04-29-2012, 01:53 PM
suzyq211's Avatar
suzyq211 suzyq211 is offline
Someone knows what happened to Robert Harrod!
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 1,511
Quote:
Originally Posted by believe09 View Post

I feel for the girls in a way-Georgia was not Bob's first choice although they clearly had a sucessful marriage. In all of the media following the reunion, Bob was adamant that Fontelle was his first love...the one that got away. It has to sting a little, dont you think?
<respectfully snipped> BBM

It has to MORE than sting a little, IMO.
__________________
Mario McNeill found guilty of murder of Shaniya Davis...now let's move on to AD!!!!!

All my posts are MOO and nothing but MOO!!!!
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to suzyq211 For This Useful Post:
  #48  
Old 04-29-2012, 02:12 PM
Cazzie's Avatar
Cazzie Cazzie is offline
This is love
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 4,456
Quote:
Originally Posted by believe09 View Post
I might be able to help out here-Bob was living in a boarding house prior to moving to Camp Pendleton, I believe. Georgia's aunt ran the boarding house, IIRC. Bob would leave his letters to be mailed on the kitchen table of the boarding house (as was customary with most boarders in those days) and any mail to be received by him came to that boarding house of course.

Or didnt come. Or at least wasnt delivered.

I agree with Grannie-imagine when Bob and Fontelle reconnected. You have to know that the first subject for conversation would be how they had lost touch. It just seems a little too coincidental that Fontelle's letters were returned and Bob's were never mailed, and all that time aunt had an unmarried niece who eventually became the first Mrs. Harrod.

I feel for the girls in a way-Georgia was not Bob's first choice although they clearly had a sucessful marriage. In all of the media following the reunion, Bob was adamant that Fontelle was his first love...the one that got away. It has to sting a little, dont you think?
I'm speechless. It explains A LOT.

I have ultimate compassion for Bob and Fontelle (even before I just found out about this important nuance).

It is really tragic and shocking to think how far revenge and greed might go.

I wonder what G's aunt would think now...altho she certainly couldn't have been held accountible for anyone else's actions but her own...

Heck, I wonder what G would think now...assuming that she loved Bob and their children and grandchildren.

Maybe it's only the non-famliy who wonder these things. IDK.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Cazzie For This Useful Post:
  #49  
Old 04-30-2012, 03:53 PM
GrainneDhu GrainneDhu is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 5,159
Quote:
Originally Posted by believe09 View Post
This is sort of how I see it as well Grannie. I am certain that Bob was intending to add his wife to his estate planning, perhaps even the morning that he disappeared. He was meticulous with the details of his financial life-as PB alluded to in her testimony at the last trial, he kept very specific notes regarding things having to do with finances.

Actually it would be interesting to know if he communicated that information to any financial professionals responsible for maintaining his substantial assets...kwim? I can envision Bob wanting to get his ducks in a row pretty quickly after his marriage. That would have taken paperwork.
So there may be one or more professionals out there who had been asked to draw up a new will or a codicil to the old one but Bob never got a chance to sign it.

Hmmmmmm... I wonder if Bob was the sort to keep an appointment calendar and if so, who might have had access to it.

I am not a lawyer or an estate planner but as I understand it, a codicil is for minor revisions to an existing will but if there is some sort of major revision, then it's better to draw up a new will. It can get too unclear to cobble together an old will with newer codicils.

Another thought: it seems pretty obvious that Fontelle would have been a new beneficiary but perhaps Bob had also decided to add someone else as a beneficiary.

He seems to have had a close relationship with the hairdresser and, really, why not? At a very sad, difficult time in their lives, this woman made regular visits to their home to do Georgia's hair. I know from personal experience what a huge lift it is when seriously ill to get the hair done. It's not like medical treatments which are intended to help but are not always comfortable. Getting the hair done is just pure pleasure.

I may be very wrong but I think the period after Georgia's death was a time when Bob started re-evaluating his relationship to his descendants. Maybe he came to value his family of choice (Fontelle and the hairdresser) as much as or more than his family of blood.

After all, he never had to pay his family of choice to stay away from him.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to GrainneDhu For This Useful Post:
  #50  
Old 04-30-2012, 03:59 PM
GrainneDhu GrainneDhu is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 5,159
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cazzie View Post
Thanx for this post! Somehow I missed the details of how Bob and Fontelle had "missed their boat" way back then. Can you plz direct me to the articles (or posts) about this?

How was Georgia's aunt (or uncle) able to intercept the letters (incoming & outgoing)? Sounds like Bob was living with them...how did that come to be?

And I didn't think this story could get any sadder...
It is somewhere back in the posts.

As I recall, what happened was that Bob was staying with Georgia's aunt and uncle while at Camp Pendleton awaiting assignment.

His mail came to their address and he would leave his outgoing mail, addressed and stamped, on their kitchen table for them to take to the postal box with their own mail. Remember, this was a time when people carried out a lot of interaction via mail, so dropping off the mail was a daily or near-daily occurrence in most households.

Fontelle wrote to Bob but her letters came back "return to sender" but, strangely enough, already opened. Usually mail marked "return to sender" was returned unopened.

The conclusion I would draw is that someone in the household was reading Fontelle's letters to Bob.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to GrainneDhu For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Tags
ah deposition, andrew harrod deposition, baby steps, bob harrod, body found 330, caliber funding llc, civil proceedings, conservator, daughters, discovery id disappeared, elder abuse, fontelle harrod, frozen, furbabies, handyman, highway 330, homicide investigation, hubby, investigation discovery, jeff michaels, jules, julie michaels, mason, monrovia, monrovia ca, oc superior court, orange county ca, orange county missing, paula borcher, placentia ca, placentia california, placentia missing, pops and nana, probate, rb letter to attorney, reward, robert harrod, robert m harrod, robert m. harrod, robert merle harrod, roberta brady, roberta brady letter, rotw, rotw drama, running springs, san bernadino, san bernardino, sign of trouble, sil, small projects

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
CA CA - Bob Harrod, 81, Orange County, 27 July 2009 - #8 SheWhoMustNotBeNamed 2000's Missing 690 04-20-2012 10:58 PM
CA CA - Bob Harrod, 81, Orange County, 27 July 2009 - #6 Cubby 2000's Missing 537 04-27-2011 02:56 AM
CA CA - Bob Harrod, 81, Orange County, 27 July 2009 - #4 Cubby 2000's Missing 507 10-28-2010 04:44 PM
CA CA - Bob Harrod, 81, Orange County, 27 July 2009 - #2 Cubby 2000's Missing 538 08-14-2010 03:17 PM
CA CA - Bob Harrod, 81, Orange County, 27 July 2009 - #1 Patience 2000's Missing 595 07-25-2010 01:34 PM


© Copyright Websleuths 1999-2012 New To Site? Need Help?
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:19 AM.

Advertisements

Pre-Order Imperfect Justice: Prosecuting Casey Anthony today!