Websleuths
Go Back   Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community > Missing!! > Missing Forum Discussion

Notices

Missing Forum Discussion This is the place for case discussion and opinion regarding those who are missing.

Closed Thread

Old 04-17-2012, 04:24 PM
WS Super Moderator

NC - Fort Bragg soldier PFC Kelli Bordeaux, 23, Fayetteville, 14 April 2012 - #5

Quote:
Police are questioning friends and relatives of a missing Fort Bragg soldier who is believed to be in danger.

Kelli Bordeaux, 23, was last seen early Saturday morning leaving Froggy Bottoms bar in Fayetteville, N.C. The private first class, who is stationed at nearby Fort Bragg, was reported missing on Monday by base officials, police said.

"There is some information we've gathered that makes us concerned for her safety," said Fayetteville Police spokesperson Gavin MacRoberts. He declined to go into more detail due to the ongoing investigation.
http://abcnews.go.com/US/soldier-kel...2#.T43PWO19GXw

http://cdn.abclocal.go.com/images/wt...06_448x252.jpg

Quote:
Bordeaux is described as standing 5' tall and weighing 99 pounds. She has blond hair and brown eyes. The soldier was reportedly last seen wearing a pink halter top and black shorts.

Fayetteville Police Public Information Officer Gavin MacRoberts said based on information gathered during the investigation, detectives believe she may be in danger and are asking for anyone who may have seen her to contact police at (910)433-1856 or CrimeStoppers at (910)483-TIPS (8477).
http://abclocal.go.com/wtvd/story?se...cal&id=8624607

Quote:
Fort Bragg officials reported Pfc. Kelli Bordeaux, 23, missing on Monday, and police say she "may be in danger."

Bordeaux was last seen leaving Froggy Bottoms bar, at 6326 Ramsey St., around 1:20 a.m. Saturday. She was wearing a pink halter top and black shorts.
http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/10991835/

link to article about original RSO charges of NH: http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/103731/

case map: http://g.co/maps/fkpuu

Missing Person's report: http://dig.abclocal.go.com/wtvd/docs...son_report.pdf

thread #1">thread #1
thread #2">thread #2
thread #3">thread #3
thread #4">thread #4

verified locals: voh910

Last edited by nursebeeme; 04-24-2012 at 03:05 PM. Reason: added verified locals
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to nursebeeme For This Useful Post:
Old 04-23-2012, 02:20 PM
WS Super Moderator

Fort Bragg soldier PFC Kelli Bordeaux, 23, Fayetteville, 14 April 2012 - #5

new thread for Kelli
Old 04-23-2012, 02:31 PM

"There is some information we've gathered that makes us concerned for her safety," said Fayetteville Police spokesperson Gavin MacRoberts. He declined to go into more detail due to the ongoing investigation. "

So are they no longer concerned for her safety???? After this stateement last week, today they are not planning to search???? Something must be about ready to break wide open...at least I hope that is the case!
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to suchanovice For This Useful Post:
Old 04-23-2012, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Portabella View Post
Has anyone heard, or seen if her car was ever located and if they brought it in for testing? I would hope they did, just to rule things out. Does anyone know since they are letting her family stay at her apt., are they allowing them to use her vehicle during this time? Especially her husband since its likely his name was on her car also? Just curious?
Quote:
The Army official said police searched Bordeaux's apartment and vehicle, but the official did not know where the vehicle was found.
http://www.ktla.com/news/landing/ktl...,7971763.story
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to clkwrks For This Useful Post:
Old 04-23-2012, 02:38 PM

abc11 news starts at 4.00 est. Gilbert Baez usually has a report about Kelli.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to luckyme For This Useful Post:
Old 04-23-2012, 02:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckyme View Post
abc11 news starts at 4.00 est. Gilbert Baez usually has a report about Kelli.
Lets hope. I don't like that I have heard NOTHING from the media.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to spoiledmom For This Useful Post:
Old 04-23-2012, 02:50 PM

I am still having trouble believing NH is bright enough to have not left some kind of evidence behind. He doesn't strike me as the brightest bulb in the box. Also his prior victim as a RSO was 5 yes old. Usually SO stay in a similar age range. Seems unlikely he would switch victimology from young child to adult even with Kelli's small stature. It's this stuff that makes me feel like I am going in circles on this one.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to opme For This Useful Post:
Old 04-23-2012, 02:52 PM

I sure hope that LE has asked the cell phone company to check the serial number of Kelli's phone against their records to see if it has been activated under another name. I know that the phone companies don't do that routinely, which is one of the reasons why the stealing of cell phones, in particular the i-phones, has been so easy and profitable for thieves.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Melly53 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-23-2012, 02:53 PM

The quote below in blue from Melly53 from last thread (still don't know how to bring it over here).
"There has been some discussion about her phone and when it was possibly turned off. Many people thought that when it was turned on the next day, Saturday that it must have been LE that did that. Thinking about it now, that theory doesn't work because no one even knew she was missing until Monday afternoon. So who turned her phone back on? Was it Kelli or someone else? Are we wrong about when Kelli went missing? Could it have been Saturday afternoon or evening when she disappeared instead of Friday night/Saturday morning?"

I think the phone started ringing again on tuesday or wednesday, giving 'us' the impression that LE had found it. And, they likely started searching for her or evidence of her disappearance on Monday after noon. It would be nice to know what time on Saturday someone tried to call her and it went right to VM. If it was in the afternoon, that does leave open at least the possibility that she made it home safely Friday eve/Sat. morning and went missing Saturday morning. I am not saying I think that is what happened, but since I don't know what happened I am open to even remote possibilities.
I would like to know if her car was at the complex. Did we ever get confirmation on that?
Also, VOH, do you know if she was a jogger?
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to andalso For This Useful Post:
Old 04-23-2012, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by opme View Post
I am still having trouble believing NH is bright enough to have not left some kind of evidence behind. He doesn't strike me as the brightest bulb in the box. Also his prior victim as a RSO was 5 yes old. Usually SO stay in a similar age range. Seems unlikely he would switch victimology from young child to adult even with Kelli's small stature. It's this stuff that makes me feel like I am going in circles on this one.
I agree with you on this as i see it hes not playing with a full deck.
I dont think he could cover this up either. nor know to lie well enuff to get away with it, JMO

Does anyone know when his mother kicked him out of her house?
Old 04-23-2012, 02:56 PM

It looks like there is another owner of Froggy Bottoms.Maybe she handled the alcohol purchases. Mandy Rai Murphy http://abc.nc.gov/search/business.aspx?bid=169247
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Inspector Gidget For This Useful Post:
Old 04-23-2012, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spoiledmom View Post
Lets hope. I don't like that I have heard NOTHING from the media.
BBM
Sadly, when I read that I thought...well it's better then hearing the conflicting reports, rumors and false information they were feeding us before. IMO I think the media has done a very poor job on this case.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to andalso For This Useful Post:
Old 04-23-2012, 03:06 PM
Inactive

The news of the bar owners arrest seems to have slowed things down. I'm not liking this.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to mamamia54 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-23-2012, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by andalso View Post
BBM
Sadly, when I read that I thought...well it's better then hearing the conflicting reports, rumors and false information they were feeding us before. IMO I think the media has done a very poor job on this case.
Having come here from a large metropolitan area there is definitely room for improvement regarding the media here however I actually think this is more that the police are playing this very close to the vest. They were more vocal at the start but have steadily gone very quiet and have released very little even from the start.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to opme For This Useful Post:
Old 04-23-2012, 03:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by andalso View Post
The quote below in blue from Melly53 from last thread (still don't know how to bring it over here).
"There has been some discussion about her phone and when it was possibly turned off. Many people thought that when it was turned on the next day, Saturday that it must have been LE that did that. Thinking about it now, that theory doesn't work because no one even knew she was missing until Monday afternoon. So who turned her phone back on? Was it Kelli or someone else? Are we wrong about when Kelli went missing? Could it have been Saturday afternoon or evening when she disappeared instead of Friday night/Saturday morning?"

I think the phone started ringing again on tuesday or wednesday, giving 'us' the impression that LE had found it. And, they likely started searching for her or evidence of her disappearance on Monday after noon. It would be nice to know what time on Saturday someone tried to call her and it went right to VM. If it was in the afternoon, that does leave open at least the possibility that she made it home safely Friday eve/Sat. morning and went missing Saturday morning. I am not saying I think that is what happened, but since I don't know what happened I am open to even remote possibilities.
I would like to know if her car was at the complex. Did we ever get confirmation on that?
Also, VOH, do you know if she was a jogger?
The Saturday date was gained from the interview that was done with an ex-boss of hers. He said he talked to her Friday but then when he called the following day that it just rang thru to VM. I don't think we know if it has been turned on since then. I would be interested to know if NH was at the bar the morning after her disappearance (before anyone knew she was missing) and if he stayed there all day and night.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Melly53 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-23-2012, 03:08 PM

Just watched an update on CNN. No new news. Same stuff we already know.
Old 04-23-2012, 03:10 PM
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by spoiledmom View Post
Just watched an update on CNN. No new news. Same stuff we already know.
I just watched it as well.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mamamia54 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-23-2012, 03:11 PM
ID Addict!

Nicholas Holbert arrested:

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/04/23...-on-unrelated/

Never assume a missing child is dead

"One missing child is one too many. - John Walsh
The Following User Says Thank You to TNGirl615 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-23-2012, 03:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inspector Gidget View Post
It looks like there is another owner of Froggy Bottoms.Maybe she handled the alcohol purchases. (NAME REMOVED BY ZJ) http://abc.nc.gov/search/business.aspx?bid=169247
We went over that in the previous thread. Sometimes in NC the liquor license is held by someone else. I didn't use her name, because I wanted to spare the woman any more grief, which VOH said she has had plenty.
Old 04-23-2012, 03:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamamia54 View Post
The news of the bar owners arrest seems to have slowed things down. I'm not liking this.
Maybe slowed down in the media and I think that's because LE has become quiet in this case.There has to be a reason,for his.I think LE has a POI (s) in their sight.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Inspector Gidget For This Useful Post:
Old 04-23-2012, 03:20 PM
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inspector Gidget View Post
Maybe slowed down in the media and I think that's because LE has become quiet in this case.There has to be a reason,for his.I think LE has a POI (s) in their sight.
That could be.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mamamia54 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-23-2012, 03:33 PM

Sitting & waiting.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JustyThoughts For This Useful Post:
Old 04-23-2012, 03:36 PM

I'm feeling really badly for Kelli's family. Heartsick.

Hard to imagine what is going through their minds knowing there were no searches today. While we're bemoaning the lack of news in the media, they've likely had an explanation by LE about the reasons searches have been halted. I suspect they've been kept informed on news that isn't encouraging.

Pausing to reflect on how this must feel for those who knew and loved Kelli well...
Old 04-23-2012, 03:41 PM

I just wish there was a way to rush the DNA results. This will definitely answer some questions one way or another.
Old 04-23-2012, 03:46 PM
Inactive

This is a new facebook page for Finding Kelli -
https://www.facebook.com/MissingKelliBordeaux
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to mamamia54 For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread