Websleuths
Go Back   Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community > Crimes and Trials > Trials > George Zimmerman Trial/Trayvon Martin > George Zimmerman/Trayvon Martin General Discussion threads

Notices

George Zimmerman/Trayvon Martin General Discussion threads All closed discussion threads about George Zimmerman and Trayvon Martin.Not open for posting- but there is plenty of reading.

Closed Thread

Old 04-26-2012, 10:24 AM
Softball is for everyone. Fast pitch is for athletes.

Not sure if this has been posted:

http://www.cfnews13.com/content/news...ommunity_.html

Amid George Zimmerman case, communities meet in Sanford, Orlando

SANFORD --
The case against George Zimmerman and the shooting death of 17-year-old Trayvon Martin has prompted two new gatherings Thursday: One over Florida's "Stand Your Ground" law, and the other to try and heal the divided community of Sanford.
Picture Takin'
Always Cheerin'

Softball Mom
The Following User Says Thank You to Kimberlyd125 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-26-2012, 10:25 AM

Quote:
A NEIGHBORHOOD IN FEAR

By the summer of 2011, Twin Lakes was experiencing a rash of burglaries and break-ins. Previously a family-friendly, first-time homeowner community, it was devastated by the recession that hit the Florida housing market, and transient renters began to occupy some of the 263 town houses in the complex. Vandalism and occasional drug activity were reported, and home values plunged. One resident who bought his home in 2006 for $250,000 said it was worth $80,000 today.

At least eight burglaries were reported within Twin Lakes in the 14 months prior to the Trayvon Martin shooting, according to the Sanford Police Department. Yet in a series of interviews, Twin Lakes residents said dozens of reports of attempted break-ins and would-be burglars casing homes had created an atmosphere of growing fear in the neighborhood.

In several of the incidents, witnesses identified the suspects to police as young black men. Twin Lakes is about 50 percent white, with an African-American and Hispanic population of about 20 percent each, roughly similar to the surrounding city of Sanford, according to U.S. Census data.

One morning in July 2011, a black teenager walked up to Zimmerman's front porch and stole a bicycle, neighbors told Reuters. A police report was taken, though the bicycle was not recovered.
http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/...83O18H20120425

This article mentions the burglaries 14 months prior to TM shooting, what about more recent accounts...and all are involving 'black' persons...

I believe this personal attack of GZ's property is another reason GZ over reacted as he did, besides the mentality of not wanting another to get away. Is this what fueled the fear in this community? Is this the reason for GZ to take it as far as he did? He targets a lone teen and uses the burglary as an excuse to follow him, not giving up even when told not to follow..Is his personal stolen property his vigilante reason to over react to TM?

This gives me more cause for concern, that the mentality developed in GZ is due to the personal stolen property on his porch...and the paranoia growing to an hysterical level of fear that those who live there are very suspicious of those who they deem do not belong...GZ can't possibly know every resident who rents or owns there...

Quote:
On February 2, 2012, Zimmerman placed a call to Sanford police after spotting a young black man he recognized peering into the windows of a neighbor's empty home, according to several friends and neighbors.

"I don't know what he's doing. I don't want to approach him, personally," Zimmerman said in the call, which was recorded. The dispatcher advised him that a patrol car was on the way. By the time police arrived, according to the dispatch report, the suspect had fled.
BBM

Another reason why he didn't retreat when told to...LE doesn't respond quick enough and the alleged burglary fled the scene...well, not this time...GZ was determined to not let another one flee the scene...even tho' TM didn't do anthing for him to suspect him of doing anything nefarious, TM just walking alone was enough to push his paranoia to the point it did... it's in his mentality, one he created for himself out of his own personal property being stolen...

Well, he will now have to defend that for the murder of TM...it's his mentality that gets in the way of thinking clearly, is my belief..he's a loose cannon and if this didn't happen to TM, it would have happened to someone elses child..I believe his propensity for violence, his boundry and impulse control issues will be front and center....
The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to LiveLaughLuv For This Useful Post:
George Zimmerman: Innocent until proven guilty.

Just how many steps of seperation are there between Corey and the SFD? If one can accuse the SPD of such actions, is outside the realm of possibility Corey is doing it to?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrienne37 View Post
So with the eyes of the world on this case, someone is actually suggesting that Angela Corey is lying and withholding information, and committing a crime? I am so sure that this happened, I mean really. I can see someone that the governor of the state appointed is really going to lie, leave things out, make things up, and just put whatever she wanted to put in an affidavit that a judge has to sign.

~jmo~

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to rossva For This Useful Post:
Walking on ice these days, glad it's a thick glacier!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ynotdivein View Post
Grandma, that's pretty comprehensive. A couple extras for our peeps here:

- NO sleuthing of neighbors, milkmen, postal service workers, the sister's orthodontist's cousin, etc. whose names might turn up in said docs but who have only peripheral relation to this case.
- If a doc is unredacted and you do not have the ability to black out the info Gram and I have outlined above, DO NOT POST THE DOCUMENT.
- Tip your mods generously and frequently.

I think that it's, Grandmaj.
BBM

I would have given more, but am limited on my usage of smilies!
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to atthelake For This Useful Post:
Old 04-26-2012, 10:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elley Mae View Post
I do separate the TH's "media people" from the Attorney's when listening for facts as they pertain to a case. Th's for the most part are just that, then there's the lawyers, Prosecutors and then Defense and this is where I remind myself when they speak they are speaking as the Lawyer they are. The Lawyers are the ones I want to talk, the Th's can... nevermind jmo
BBM

I agree, but in this case even the legal experts can't seem to agree.

And most of these TH's are former prosecutors, LE, FBI, defense attorneys. I'm guessing that's one of the reasons they can't agree, lol, maybe they are all a bit biased based on how they see these cases, either from a prosecution or defense standpoint.

JMHO
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to annalia For This Useful Post:
Old 04-26-2012, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by csziggy View Post
I did find verification that GZ was licensed as an insurance agent in Florida:
Name of Licensee: ZIMMERMAN, GEORGE MICHAEL
License #: E007947
Business Location: ALTAMONTE SPRINGS,FLORIDA
Types and Classes of Valid Licenses
Type Original: GENERAL LINES (PROP & CAS)(0220)
Issue Date: 11/10/2004
Qualifying Appointment: NO
http://www.myfloridacfo.com/Data/AAR_ALIS1/index.htm

I don't seem that he had a business name for an insurance company, though I did find a George Michael Zimmerman who had a pressure wash company with a fictitious name in Lake Mary beginning in 2008 and still active. http://www.sunbiz.org/search.html

I don't think he could be an underwriter without a license. I'm not sure about being a 'fraud investigator' or whatever they called it.

IMO, JMO, etc.
Reports say that his insurance business failed by 2005. That is a very short amount of time to be in business (11/10/2004) to 2005, WOW!
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Just K For This Useful Post:
Old 04-26-2012, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by grandmaj View Post
I understand. And I believe that at some point or perhaps even first it might have been turned over. Difficult to know that.

That is not my point. My point is, good evidence is preserved for a court of law. If you are really afraid of your safety why go to the press? What is the motivation to provide this picture to the press anonymously . If it was safely in the hands of the investigators what purpose did releasing this to the media serve? And could this picture be thrown out as possible evidence as a result?

If I got myself willingly involved in a case, I certainly would stand on my reputation and not hide. The motivation has to be considered IMO. I question what this person's reason is for rushing this to the media on the day of the bond hearing.
$$$ would be a good start. If it turns out it really was someone who knew GZ, perhaps it's a one of these situations where they are angry at some of the things that are being said and wanted to get it out. I'm not sure, but even that doesn't mean the photo isn't authentic. We see leaked photos show up all the time in cases and I'm pretty sure a majority of those are not coming from LE.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to cityslick For This Useful Post:
Old 04-26-2012, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rossva View Post
Just how many steps of seperation are there between Corey and the SFD? If one can accuse the SPD of such actions, is outside the realm of possibility Corey is doing it to?
Great point. IMO
Picture Takin'
Always Cheerin'

Softball Mom
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kimberlyd125 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-26-2012, 10:29 AM
WS Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by atthelake View Post
.........and that act of selling the pics, well, we know how that makes the person who took them open to attack on the stand, if they ever make it there. What are folks thinking when they sell photos to the media? Guess they are ignorant to what happens in other cases as to credibility on the stand.

Also , in that photo, the way the blood flow patterns are, it appears that he has had his head down for some time versus in the normal looking forward position. And I don't see that he's had impressions of his hands on his head to interfere with the flow - so would consider MOO that he didn't perhaps have use of his hands as normal reaction may be to touch the area - but don't see evidence of that in the photo.

Someone would have to testify to the fact that they took the picture. I don't think defense can just present it as evidence unless it can be verified. So it is possible this will be the last time we see the picture if that person refuses to identify themselves. jmo
Old 04-26-2012, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aedrys View Post
That is not what I meant. Sheesh. Of course he's not going to be smiling after he got arrested. No one is happy about that unless they just don't care, like Casey. What I mean is that he had a good life and was happy before he decided to shoot someone and things didn't go his way. He's not the hero anymore. He's a child killer. That has to be weighing on him. I'd rather he be in jail than out on his own. I fear he might not make it to trial if he slips into a depression. Like I said, his eyes looked deadened, like all the joy has gone out of him. It's a stark contrast to his previous pictures. It shows that all of this is weighing on him, and he might choose to kill himself rather than face an actual trial.

I never ever said that he should have had a happy mugshot. Please don't take my words out of context like that. Whatever side we're on, there should be concern for GZ's wellbeing.
Sorry, it sounded like that was the road you were going (it's a message board, trying to determine context is not the easiest thing in the world sometimes). I agree, he's probably got a lot of depression going on. As to whether he's safer in jail than outside concerning whether he would harm himself? Well, people have committed suicide in jail before.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cityslick For This Useful Post:
Old 04-26-2012, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by annalia View Post
I agree, but in this case even the legal experts can't seem to agree.

And most of these TH's are former prosecutors, LE, FBI, defense attorneys. I'm guessing that's one of the reasons they can't agree, lol, maybe they are all a bit biased based on how they see these cases, either from a prosecution or defense standpoint.

JMHO
Yeah, that's a good point. I totally can see that.

IMO this case is far from "the norm". There are so many things that we don't know and I'm not quite sure anybody knows.

That's why, in my ordinary person mind, I have a hard time thinking 12 jurors, in thier ordinary people minds, will find GZ guilty of 2nd degree murder.

IMO there will be TONS of doubt.

This case is very complex. IMO
Picture Takin'
Always Cheerin'

Softball Mom
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kimberlyd125 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-26-2012, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimberlyd125 View Post
Great point. IMO
There are a lot of people who believe that the State of Florida has only brought this case to the courts to appease the 600,000++ people who signed the petition and the many people who believe that SYG is a dangerous law.

I'll wait to see how hard the prosecution works to get a conviction.
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Just K For This Useful Post:
Old 04-26-2012, 10:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just K View Post
Reports say that his insurance business failed by 2005. That is a very short amount of time to be in business (11/10/2004) to 2005, WOW!
What am I missing. I thought he had a license but did not own an insurance company/agency.

Most insurance agents work for other companies under a broker.

I don't see where he had a broker's license.

Wouldn't he need a broker's license to own and operate an agency?
Picture Takin'
Always Cheerin'

Softball Mom
Old 04-26-2012, 10:33 AM
Former Member

Quote:
I wasn't speaking about the SPD.

~jmo~
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Adrienne37 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-26-2012, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimberlyd125 View Post
What am I missing. I thought he had a license but did not own an insurance company/agency.

Most insurance agents work for other companies under a broker.

I don't see where he had a broker's license.

Wouldn't he need a broker's license to own and operate an agency?
IDK, the poster found the link which corroborates, to some degree, the story (Reuter's) about GZ opening an insurance office. But it does not say that it was an Allstate satellite office. That's all I can figure.

But, I also read that GZ took the necessary classes required to be an insurance agent. In Virginia, one can be sponsored by an agency and there are no college classes required. However, there are State certification courses and tests that the applicant, for licensing, must complete and pass.
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Just K For This Useful Post:
Old 04-26-2012, 10:39 AM
WS Moderator

Quote:
I do not think AC would jeopardize her career to do anything that isn't by the book. The investigator made it quite clear in his testimony at the bond trial that statements made by GZ were not consistent with the evidence. We know the homocide detective at SPD felt GZ was lying because his statements were inconsistent. MOM is the one who called Inspector Gilbreath to the stand and the inspector laid it right on the line why GZ was charged. I know I did not have any problems understanding that there is a problem with GZ's statements regarding what happened. jmo
Old 04-26-2012, 10:41 AM
Former Member

Quote:
He wrote in his senior yearbook that he was going to come to Florida to work with his godfather who just bought a $1 million business. Wonder what happened with that?

http://articles.latimes.com/2012/mar...erman-20120323

~jmo~
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Adrienne37 For This Useful Post:

Quote:
Originally Posted by LambChop View Post
I do not think AC would jeopardize her career to do anything that isn't by the book. The investigator made it quite clear in his testimony at the bond trial that statements made by GZ were not consistent with the evidence. We know the homocide detective at SPD felt GZ was lying because his statements were inconsistent. MOM is the one who called Inspector Gilbreath to the stand and the inspector laid it right on the line why GZ was charged. I know I did not have any problems understanding that there is a problem with GZ's statements regarding what happened. jmo
But unless they can prove 2nd degree murder I wouldn't think statements (true or false) would convict/aquit.

There has to be evidence right? They can charge him with telling lies to LE (like ICA) but not 2nd degree murder without evidence to back it up.

Just My Opinion
Picture Takin'
Always Cheerin'

Softball Mom

Last edited by Kimberlyd125; 04-26-2012 at 10:42 AM. Reason: Forgot quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kimberlyd125 For This Useful Post:

I fear that TM and his family and friends will never get the justice they deserves...from the courts, the media, and so many in the public. It just breaks my heart.
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Just K For This Useful Post:
Old 04-26-2012, 10:42 AM
George Zimmerman: Innocent until proven guilty.

I haven't read anything anywhere about "church friends". Could you possibly supply a link for that? TIA

Quote:
Originally Posted by deelytful1 View Post
poor Trayvon poor, poor Trayvon...
When he woke up that morning he could have NEVER imagined... sigh. He was with his DAD with his little brother and the day or 2 before (I think it was?) He was surrounded by his his family and church friends. NO ONE could have ever imagined... Sorry.. my emotions took over for a minute.
This was a senseless, senseless crime (IMO.. CRIME) Just wanted to take a minute for the victim and his family....
carry on

The Following User Says Thank You to rossva For This Useful Post:
Old 04-26-2012, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LambChop View Post
Right! and at the same time MOM also heard from Gilbreath about the "head" trauma GZ received.
The Following User Says Thank You to Elley Mae For This Useful Post:
Old 04-26-2012, 10:45 AM

Quote:
ACory has an impeccable reputation, not so for SPD, which is why they are coming under fire...It appears SPD might need an overhaul...if you 'google' them, you will see...
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to LiveLaughLuv For This Useful Post:
Old 04-26-2012, 10:46 AM
Former Member

Quote:
There are a lot of people who believe that the State of Florida has only brought this case to the courts to appease the 600,000++ people who signed the petition and the many people who believe that SYG is a dangerous law.

I'll wait to see how hard the prosecution works to get a conviction.
Actually Just K, there are 2,269,252 signatures on the petition at Change.org right now. However, I refuse to believe that Angela Corey would risk her career to appease anyone. I feel 100% sure that there is evidence that points to Zimmerman doing exactly what he is charged with.

http://www.change.org/petitions/pros...trayvon-martin

~jmo~
The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Adrienne37 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-26-2012, 10:46 AM

Quote:
IDK, the poster found the link which corroborates, to some degree, the story (Reuter's) about GZ opening an insurance office. But it does not say that it was an Allstate satellite office. That's all I can figure.

But, I also read that GZ took the necessary classes required to be an insurance agent. In Virginia, one can be sponsored by an agency and there are no college classes required. However, there are State certification courses and tests that the applicant, for licensing, must complete and pass.
Ok, so it came from a friend and maybe you don't need a broker in a satellite office. Learn something new everyday:

He grew friendly with Sanford attorney John Donnelly, whom he met through a co-worker.

“George impressed me right off the bat as just a real go-getter,” Donnelly said. “He was working days and taking all these classes at night, passing all the insurance classes, not just for home insurance, but auto insurance and everything. He wanted to open his own office — and he did.”

In 2004, Zimmerman partnered with an African-American friend and opened up an Allstate insurance satellite office, Donnelly said.

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/news/nationa...#ixzz1t9qmU15x
Picture Takin'
Always Cheerin'

Softball Mom
Old 04-26-2012, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiveLaughLuv View Post
http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/...83O18H20120425

This article mentions the burglaries 14 months prior to TM shooting, what about more recent accounts...and all are involving 'black' persons...

I believe this personal attack of GZ's property is another reason GZ over reacted as he did, besides the mentality of not wanting another to get away. Is this what fueled the fear in this community? Is this the reason for GZ to take it as far as he did? He targets a lone teen and uses the burglary as an excuse to follow him, not giving up even when told not to follow..Is his personal stolen property his vigilante reason to over react to TM?

This gives me more cause for concern, that the mentality developed in GZ is due to the personal stolen property on his porch...and the paranoia growing to an hysterical level of fear that those who live there are very suspicious of those who they deem do not belong...GZ can't possibly know every resident who rents or owns there...

BBM

Another reason why he didn't retreat when told to...LE doesn't respond quick enough and the alleged burglary fled the scene...well, not this time...GZ was determined to not let another one flee the scene...even tho' TM didn't do anthing for him to suspect him of doing anything nefarious, TM just walking alone was enough to push his paranoia to the point it did... it's in his mentality, one he created for himself out of his own personal property being stolen...

Well, he will now have to defend that for the murder of TM...it's his mentality that gets in the way of thinking clearly, is my belief..he's a loose cannon and if this didn't happen to TM, it would have happened to someone elses child..I believe his propensity for violence, his boundry and impulse control issues will be front and center....
Great post.

Petty crime is everywhere. Posters have discussed things that have happened in their own neighborhoods, I've had my GPS stolen out of my car twice while it was sitting right in my driveway, other neighbors have had things stolen out of their open garages and off their porches and decks. I equate that to those burglaries. No one here chases after any kid that they don't recognize with the assumption that because they don't recognize them, they must be up to no good.

So many excuses for why it's ok that GZ did what he did, FT even needed to embellish facts, to make it appear that what GZ did was perfectly acceptable. They need to embellish that a stolen bike is somehow on the same level as an armed robbery.

And they don't know that they were all committed by black kids as MR Taaffe likes to claim on every show he can.

None of it makes it ok or acceptable. He may get off it in the end, due to their laws, but it still doesn't make what he did ok. I'll never cheer that just because their screwy laws helped get him off, it makes it all ok, because had he just stayed in his car, Trayvon would be alive and on his way to fulfilling whatever dreams he may have had. He deserved to live out his life just the same as anyone else.

JMHO
The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to annalia For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread