Websleuths
Go Back   Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community > Crimes and Trials > Trials > George Zimmerman Trial/Trayvon Martin > George Zimmerman/Trayvon Martin General Discussion threads

Notices

George Zimmerman/Trayvon Martin General Discussion threads All closed discussion threads about George Zimmerman and Trayvon Martin.Not open for posting- but there is plenty of reading.


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #451  
Old 04-26-2012, 12:14 PM
who's Avatar
who who is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 132
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimberlyd125 View Post
http://money.cnn.com/2008/07/10/pf/c...lege/index.htm

Credit card debt on campus
Unprepared students have been increasingly targeted by card issuers, and some lawmakers are taking notice.

.
I have a college age son. In fact he graduates with Magna Cum Laude in a few weeks



I know CC companies send out apps. My son does not have a problem with that. You know why? I taught him well.

Teach your kids to take responsibility for what they do, and they don't go off pawning off their failures on someone else.
  #452  
Old 04-26-2012, 12:14 PM
Kimberlyd125's Avatar
Kimberlyd125 Kimberlyd125 is offline
Softball is for everyone. Fast pitch is for athletes.
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 15,255
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrienne37 View Post
It doesn't matter how old he was. He admitted he had the debt, reached a settlement agreement, and then defaulted on that. It's all right here in black and white....

http://articles.latimes.com/2012/mar...erman-20120323


Zimmerman married Shellie Nicole Dean, a licensed cosmetologist, in late 2007.
The next year, he resurfaced in court documents as a credit-card company pursued him. Capital One accused Zimmerman of failing to pay more than $1,000. He settled with the company for $2,135.82, records show, to cover his debts with interest, as well as attorney and court costs. The credit card company soon reported that Zimmerman wasn't making the agreed payments. Zimmerman's employer at the time, CarMax, agreed to garnish his wages. That arrangement was canceled in late 2008 because Zimmerman was no longer working there.

It does to me.
__________________
Glove Findin'
Uniform Washin'
Gatorade Gettin'
Picture Takin'
Always Cheerin'

Softball Mom
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kimberlyd125 For This Useful Post:
  #453  
Old 04-26-2012, 12:16 PM
who's Avatar
who who is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 132
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aedrys View Post
ITA. I bet his credit score is low because of it, too. I know a friend of mine who has had debt problems for years and has to have someone sign with her to get things like a car. I refused to do it when she asked me because I knew she wouldn't be able to keep up car payments due to her past history of never keeping up with any payments. Debt responsibility or irresponsibility does say a lot about a person's character. So does not being able to have a stable job. GZ is a very irresponsible person, IMO. It goes toward how he acted that night. If he was responsible, he would have waited for LE to show up, not try to handle the situation himself.
Zactly.
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to who For This Useful Post:
  #454  
Old 04-26-2012, 12:16 PM
Aedrys's Avatar
Aedrys Aedrys is offline
If justice doesn't get you, karma will.
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 6,719
Quote:
Originally Posted by who View Post
I have a college age son. In fact he graduates with Magna Cum Laude in a few weeks



I know CC companies send out apps. My son does not have a problem with that. You know why? I taught him well.

Teach your kids to take responsibility for what they do, and they don't go off pawning off their failures on someone else.
ITA!!!!! BBM. That is it right there, that last sentence! Just hitting the thanks button wasn't enough for this post!
The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to Aedrys For This Useful Post:
  #455  
Old 04-26-2012, 12:18 PM
Kimberlyd125's Avatar
Kimberlyd125 Kimberlyd125 is offline
Softball is for everyone. Fast pitch is for athletes.
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 15,255
Quote:
Originally Posted by who View Post
I have a college age son. In fact he graduates with Magna Cum Laude in a few weeks



I know CC companies send out apps. My son does not have a problem with that. You know why? I taught him well.

Teach your kids to take responsibility for what they do, and they don't go off pawning off their failures on someone else.
Congrats to you and your son. Honors is GREAT!

But, people can pretend the problem doesn't occur. That's fine. But I'm here to tell you that it does and a lot of people have taken notice.

As far as character, If I met a 28 year old person, and found out they had defaulted on a $1,000 credit card debt 4 years ago, that would not change my views of them as a person. Because, I know what can happen.
I've seen people who have defaulted. I have had my financial struggles myself.
Medical bills can be a killer FWIW. Even to hard working, responsible, tax paying, insured people.

There are circumstances in everybody's life that differ from others.
__________________
Glove Findin'
Uniform Washin'
Gatorade Gettin'
Picture Takin'
Always Cheerin'

Softball Mom
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Kimberlyd125 For This Useful Post:
  #456  
Old 04-26-2012, 12:19 PM
Kimberlyd125's Avatar
Kimberlyd125 Kimberlyd125 is offline
Softball is for everyone. Fast pitch is for athletes.
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 15,255
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrienne37 View Post
Thanks for all the information; however, it doesn't make a hill of beans to me how he received the credit card. The fact is that he acknowledged the debt, reached a settlement for a certain amount, defaulted, and then the card company stated he had quit his job when his wages were to be garnished. I personally could care less if he filed for bankruptcy but this whole thing goes to the type of person that he is and that he clearly has a problem following the rules. His father stated at some point that he was making $10,000 a month yet he couldn't pay off a measly $2000 settlement that he made with the company? Irresponsible and lack of regard for the law is what Zimmerman is.



~jmo~
Was he making the $10,000 per month before or after the default?
__________________
Glove Findin'
Uniform Washin'
Gatorade Gettin'
Picture Takin'
Always Cheerin'

Softball Mom
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kimberlyd125 For This Useful Post:
  #457  
Old 04-26-2012, 12:20 PM
Zak's Avatar
Zak Zak is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 214
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrienne37 View Post
Not to mention that once he made the settlement arrangements and his pay was set to be garnished, he quit the job. Sounds extremely irresponsible to me and also enhances my thinking that Zimmerman has trouble following rules.



~jmo~
Because I used to work in payroll I had to deal with garnishments on a daily basis. If the credit card company sued GZ then they no doubt had a judgement against him, which would lead to the garnishment from his employer. This garnishment would follow him to the next employer. If the credit card company didn't get a judgement and it was only an agreement between them and GZ, then when he left his job the cc company would then go back to court for the judgement. What I don't know is if FL allows for wage garnishments for cc debt. If they don't, then a cc company with a judgement would then take steps to recoup what is owed to them by a sheriff sale of anything that GZ owned and allowed by law.
__________________
This is strictly my opinion!
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Zak For This Useful Post:
  #458  
Old 04-26-2012, 12:21 PM
Kimberlyd125's Avatar
Kimberlyd125 Kimberlyd125 is offline
Softball is for everyone. Fast pitch is for athletes.
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 15,255
I think a high percentage of people in their 20's have had financial issues in their young lives.

I really don't see this CC default coming up at trial anyway.
It's a nonissue to the case really.

JMO
__________________
Glove Findin'
Uniform Washin'
Gatorade Gettin'
Picture Takin'
Always Cheerin'

Softball Mom
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kimberlyd125 For This Useful Post:
  #459  
Old 04-26-2012, 12:21 PM
LambChop's Avatar
LambChop LambChop is online now
WS Moderator
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: CT/NC
Posts: 17,612
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimberlyd125 View Post
I have no clue. Sounds like they are.
They target them that's for sure.
So does that mean that the credit card companies think I'm 21 because I'm getting applications on a regular basis. I think credit card companies target anyone who they feel will pay their bill. College students are a safe bet because companies figure they have the money (or their parents do) and they will be getting good jobs after graduation. It's a gamble they are willing to take. They really aren't a target. They are considered new customers. Where else would you expect to find new customers when the older ones like me say..."I have enough, thank you"? jmo
__________________
A lie will go round the world before the truth gets its pants on - Charles Spurgeon
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to LambChop For This Useful Post:
  #460  
Old 04-26-2012, 12:22 PM
imamaze's Avatar
imamaze imamaze is offline
WS Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Indy
Posts: 19,202
Ok... Lets move on past the conversation about GZ's credit.

  #461  
Old 04-26-2012, 12:24 PM
Kimberlyd125's Avatar
Kimberlyd125 Kimberlyd125 is offline
Softball is for everyone. Fast pitch is for athletes.
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 15,255
Quote:
Originally Posted by LambChop View Post
So does that mean that the credit card companies think I'm 21 because I'm getting applications on a regular basis. I think credit card companies target anyone who they feel will pay their bill. College students are a safe bet because companies figure they have the money (or their parents do) and they will be getting good jobs after graduation. It's a gamble they are willing to take. They really aren't a target. They are considered new customers. Where else would you expect to find new customers when the older ones like me say..."I have enough, thank you"? jmo
I disagree. Please see my post with the links explaining the problem.

They target them because it's easy.
Because they are not responsible.

Because they are unethical IMO.

ETA: Sorry Imma Be. Saw your post after I posted this one. Won't happen again.
__________________
Glove Findin'
Uniform Washin'
Gatorade Gettin'
Picture Takin'
Always Cheerin'

Softball Mom
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kimberlyd125 For This Useful Post:
  #462  
Old 04-26-2012, 12:28 PM
atthelake's Avatar
atthelake atthelake is offline
Walking on ice these days, glad it's a thick glacier!
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 4,246
Quote:
Originally Posted by atthelake View Post
FACT: I work in marketing communications and sometimes support clients for *crisis management*.

This article to me looks perhaps that the family *sold* a stack of photos, and consideration I have is that it was perhaps MOM brokering that in return for a positive article, that hey got copyright privileges. Otherwise, IMHO MOO Reuters couldn't put a circle c on them.

The DT is behind this article IMHO, and is doing so in an attempt for *crisis management* and to get positive public relations out in the media. Reuters is one of the MOST followed for other MSM media to pick up on IMHO and experience. I think MOM is a very good defense lawyers MOO.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimberlyd125 View Post
I'm sorry. I was talking about the photos in the article not the bloody head photo.

I have seen it already assumed that GZ's family sold the photos. I don't think we can assume that because I think they are generic and could have come from a lot of different places.

JMO
Hey Kimberly - thanks for making me review. You are correct, that also others should be considered for selling these photos as it could have come from a lot of different places. 2+2=4 with me......so was doing, for consideration for other sleuthers, that it was family as so many were sold by someone who had the rights to them to sell. That just led me to primary consideration it was family supplying them to DT to Reuters. Both are just for consideration, opinion is ......that they should be considered. Again, you can *submit* articles to Reuters for Public Relations, and it there is not tag line for the author on something - HINKY! in that it is submitted......is a consideration. IMHO, MOO,

NOTE: I"m going to be a Chik-Fil-A cow soon with all this mooing!
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to atthelake For This Useful Post:
  #463  
Old 04-26-2012, 12:31 PM
Reader's Avatar
Reader Reader is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 6,981
Quote:
Originally Posted by cityslick View Post
There's a perception that if you associate yourself with GZ that it will open you up to all sorts of criticism since that's not the 'popular' thing to do. Apparently FT has no issue with this, or loves the spotlight because he has no trouble running his mouth in front of cameras.

Maybe the person who took the photo doesn't want the attention and I don't mean negative attention, but any attention? You know as soon as it would be found that who exactly this person is, the media would be camped on their doorstep asking questions about that night, they would have to hire a lawyer to speak for them, etc. Some people don't want any of that.
Then they shouldn't have provided the picture to a news org, only to LE. They really brought all that attention on themselves by making the picture available to the public.
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Reader For This Useful Post:
  #464  
Old 04-26-2012, 12:36 PM
Kimberlyd125's Avatar
Kimberlyd125 Kimberlyd125 is offline
Softball is for everyone. Fast pitch is for athletes.
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 15,255
They really didn't because nobody know who provided the picture.
So IMO there is no attention that they brought to themselves.
__________________
Glove Findin'
Uniform Washin'
Gatorade Gettin'
Picture Takin'
Always Cheerin'

Softball Mom
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kimberlyd125 For This Useful Post:
  #465  
Old 04-26-2012, 12:37 PM
cityslick cityslick is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 7,266
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reader View Post
Then they shouldn't have provided the picture to a news org, only to LE. They really brought all that attention on themselves by making the picture available to the public.
Like I said, money talks. It won't be the first and won't be the last a photo gets leaked to the media. They are not all fakes.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to cityslick For This Useful Post:
  #466  
Old 04-26-2012, 12:55 PM
elementary elementary is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 2,277
Quote:
Originally Posted by csziggy View Post
I did find verification that GZ was licensed as an insurance agent in Florida:
Name of Licensee: ZIMMERMAN, GEORGE MICHAEL
License #: E007947
Business Location: ALTAMONTE SPRINGS,FLORIDA
Types and Classes of Valid Licenses
Type Original: GENERAL LINES (PROP & CAS)(0220)
Issue Date: 11/10/2004
Qualifying Appointment: NO
http://www.myfloridacfo.com/Data/AAR_ALIS1/index.htm

I don't seem that he had a business name for an insurance company, though I did find a George Michael Zimmerman who had a pressure wash company with a fictitious name in Lake Mary beginning in 2008 and still active. http://www.sunbiz.org/search.html

I don't think he could be an underwriter without a license. I'm not sure about being a 'fraud investigator' or whatever they called it.

IMO, JMO, etc.
Wow! Great find! I've been trying to find a definition of "qualifying appointment" and found none that made sense to me. After hitting several sites where this is mentioned, it seems that someone with an insurance license must apply for an appointment by a company (like Allstate, for example) in order to sell their products. According to the above, George was not an agent for anyone if I understand this correctly. Of course, I may be totally off base and I hope someone can correct that if so.

It is amazing that he supposedly started his own insurance business at age 20. It is also amazing how ridiculously vague the information is, proffered by lazy and irresponsible media and questionable anonymous sources.
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to elementary For This Useful Post:
  #467  
Old 04-26-2012, 12:57 PM
suzihawk's Avatar
suzihawk suzihawk is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Florida
Posts: 3,608
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimberlyd125 View Post
I've read several public ones that they are the target of. I've linked a few here.

Do you have information where Shellie has in fact embellished the truth on quite a few occations?
I'm at work and can't link at the moment. But off the top of my head, I believe she said that she had never - not once - ever seen her husband get angry during the five years they've been married. There were a few other embellishments as well.

IMO, of course.
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to suzihawk For This Useful Post:
  #468  
Old 04-26-2012, 12:58 PM
Kimberlyd125's Avatar
Kimberlyd125 Kimberlyd125 is offline
Softball is for everyone. Fast pitch is for athletes.
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 15,255
Quote:
Originally Posted by elementary View Post
Wow! Great find! I've been trying to find a definition of "qualifying appointment" and found none that made sense to me. After hitting several sites where this is mentioned, it seems that someone with an insurance license must apply for an appointment by a company (like Allstate, for example) in order to sell their products. According to the above, George was not an agent for anyone if I understand this correctly. Of course, I may be totally off base and I hope someone can correct that if so.

It is amazing that he supposedly started his own insurance business at age 20. It is also amazing how ridiculously vague the information is, proffered by lazy and irresponsible media and questionable anonymous sources.
I thought that source was named. His lawyer friend. Last name starting with a D.
Maybe I misread it.

ETA: yes, that source was named, his friend, Attorney John Donnelly
__________________
Glove Findin'
Uniform Washin'
Gatorade Gettin'
Picture Takin'
Always Cheerin'

Softball Mom
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kimberlyd125 For This Useful Post:
  #469  
Old 04-26-2012, 01:00 PM
Kimberlyd125's Avatar
Kimberlyd125 Kimberlyd125 is offline
Softball is for everyone. Fast pitch is for athletes.
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 15,255
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzihawk View Post
I'm at work and can't link at the moment. But off the top of my head, I believe she said that she had never - not once - ever seen her husband get angry during the five years they've been married. There were a few other embellishments as well.

IMO, of course.
That's not a documented lie.
Unless you were in their house everyday you can't say she embellished that.

It might seem doubtful to you, but not a documented lie.


JMO
__________________
Glove Findin'
Uniform Washin'
Gatorade Gettin'
Picture Takin'
Always Cheerin'

Softball Mom
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Kimberlyd125 For This Useful Post:
  #470  
Old 04-26-2012, 01:04 PM
elementary elementary is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 2,277
Quote:
Originally Posted by LambChop View Post
Someone would have to testify to the fact that they took the picture. I don't think defense can just present it as evidence unless it can be verified. So it is possible this will be the last time we see the picture if that person refuses to identify themselves. jmo
I'm thinking that not only would there be verification, but it would also make the photographer an eyewitness to George's 'wounds', no? And subject to thorough questioning on the witness stand.
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to elementary For This Useful Post:
  #471  
Old 04-26-2012, 01:08 PM
who's Avatar
who who is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 132
Quote:
Originally Posted by elementary View Post
I'm thinking that not only would there be verification, but it would also make the photographer an eyewitness to George's 'wounds', no? And subject to thorough questioning on the witness stand.
I'm pretty sure the EMT(s) are particularly important witnesses.

IMO, that report, and what they say, trump any gauzy picture on an iPhone.
The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to who For This Useful Post:
  #472  
Old 04-26-2012, 01:09 PM
Bottle Cap Bottle Cap is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 554
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Fessel View Post
Sure looks like Reuters bought a bunch of pictures. Copyrighted them too.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-shooting.html
Just so everybody knows, the Daily Mail is like the National Enquirer. Its a tabloid paper, not a source of hard news.



"The Daily Mail is a British, daily middle-market[2] tabloid newspaper owned by the Daily Mail and General Trust.[3]

"The Daily Mail was Britain's first daily newspaper aimed at the newly literate "lower-middle class market resulting from mass education, combining a low retail price with plenty of competitions, prizes and promotional gimmicks",[4] and the first British paper to sell a million copies a day.[5]"


The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to Bottle Cap For This Useful Post:
  #473  
Old 04-26-2012, 01:10 PM
Adrienne37 Adrienne37 is offline
Former Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 3,267
Quote:
Originally Posted by elementary View Post
I'm thinking that not only would there be verification, but it would also make the photographer an eyewitness to George's 'wounds', no? And subject to thorough questioning on the witness stand.
I would like to see the SPD address this issue and explain to us how a person managed to get inside a crime scene to snap a photograph of the back of Zimmerman's head and also explain to us why he was allowed to be on his cell phone after just murdering a kid. Secondly, if what Oliver says is true and the photo was taken by the police on an I-phone, I expect SPD to address this issue as well and inform us why a police officer there to investigate a murder would take a photograph on his I-phone and then proceed to distribute it to ABC news.


~jmo~
The Following 19 Users Say Thank You to Adrienne37 For This Useful Post:
  #474  
Old 04-26-2012, 01:10 PM
elementary elementary is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 2,277
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrienne37 View Post
He wrote in his senior yearbook that he was going to come to Florida to work with his godfather who just bought a $1 million business. Wonder what happened with that?

http://articles.latimes.com/2012/mar...erman-20120323



~jmo~
Well, that's more evidence to me suggesting grandiosity. And if his godfather is that rich (and it sounds as if his godfather was helping him out), why isn't he helping the family now?
The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to elementary For This Useful Post:
  #475  
Old 04-26-2012, 01:11 PM
Phoenixfla's Avatar
Phoenixfla Phoenixfla is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 550
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladonna View Post
Is there any doubt the media has exploited this case for their own selfish purpose?? Sensationalism sells!!
Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/04/2...#storylink=cpy

Another one bites the dust.
What surprises me the most is that the MSM is actually doing something about it for once.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Phoenixfla For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Tags
george zimmerman, trayvon martin murder, vigilante

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
17 yo Trayvon Martin Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #23 beach George Zimmerman/Trayvon Martin General Discussion threads 907 04-13-2012 11:06 AM
17 yo Trayvon Martin Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #21 imamaze George Zimmerman/Trayvon Martin General Discussion threads 1211 04-11-2012 04:40 PM
17 y/o Trayvon Martin Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #20 ynotdivein George Zimmerman/Trayvon Martin General Discussion threads 946 04-10-2012 05:58 PM
FL 17 yo Trayvon Martin Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #11 beach George Zimmerman/Trayvon Martin General Discussion threads 1090 03-31-2012 08:26 AM
17 yo Trayvon Martin Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #9 ynotdivein George Zimmerman/Trayvon Martin General Discussion threads 1763 03-29-2012 08:17 PM


© Copyright Websleuths 1999-2012 New To Site? Need Help?
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:18 PM.

Advertisements

Pre-Order Imperfect Justice: Prosecuting Casey Anthony today!