Websleuths
Go Back   Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community > Missing!! > Missing Forum Discussion

Notices

Missing Forum Discussion This is the place for case discussion and opinion regarding those who are missing.

Closed Thread

Old 04-21-2012, 05:55 PM

Exclamation AZ - Isabel Mercedes Celis, 6, Tucson, 20 April 2012 - #5

TUCSON, Ariz. (AP) - Tucson police are searching for a 6-year-old girl who went missing from her home on the city's east side.

Isabel Mercedes Celis was last seen late Friday and discovered to be missing at about 8 a.m. Saturday.

Sgt. Maria Hawke says police are searching the area around East Broadway Boulevard and Craycroft Road using street patrols, canines, detectives and a helicopter.

She's described as just under 4-feet-tall and weighing 44 pounds, with brown hair and hazel eyes.

Snipped: http://www.kswt.com/story/17650000/t...-year-old-girl

scanner thread:
Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community
full news coverage from KVOAhttp://www.kvoa.com/full-coverage/finding-isabel/
thread #1

thread #2
thread #3
thread #4

remember: anything posted in the scanner thread stays on the scanner thread.

facebook: http://www.facebook.com/FindIsabelCelis

Last edited by nursebeeme; 04-26-2012 at 08:45 AM.
The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to KaylynnCouture For This Useful Post:
Old 04-26-2012, 08:42 AM
WS Super Moderator

Exclamation Isabel Mercedes Celis, 6, Tucson, 20 April 2012 - #5

New thread for Isabel
please come home safe to all who love you

next briefing will be at 8am MST
Old 04-26-2012, 08:50 AM
Retired WS Staff

Adding interview with the Celis' Neighbor About Hearing Noises And Dogs Barking

Celis neighbor reports suspicious noises
http://www.kvoa.com/videos/celis-nei...icious-noises/

Day 5 ends with shocking account from next door neighbor
http://www.kgun9.com/news/local/149009015.html
Old 04-26-2012, 09:02 AM

Hoping today leads to something. I hope the police have SOMETHING to go on, right now it just seems like she disappeared into thin air

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Lava For This Useful Post:
Old 04-26-2012, 09:02 AM
caretaker

I am so proud of the mother and father, I know it was hard to stand in front of the media but they did a great job, and I feel they took all suspension off of them and where it belongs!
War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.
John Stuart Mill
English economist & philosopher (1806 - 1873)
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to alwayslooking For This Useful Post:
Old 04-26-2012, 09:28 AM

Keeping Isabel and her family in my prayers today.
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to KaylynnCouture For This Useful Post:
Old 04-26-2012, 09:44 AM
Verified registered nurse

About the video tape from the security company: do we know when LE obtained it?
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Isabelle For This Useful Post:
Old 04-26-2012, 09:46 AM

I couldn't get on the last thread before it closed, but I am shocked that anyone would be posting in favor of Mark Lunsford. I am guessing none of those posters live in the Tampa Bay area.
http://www.tampabay.com/news/humanin...nances/1050071

Was it true that the police took items from the car?
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to lillygator For This Useful Post:
Old 04-26-2012, 09:53 AM

****O/T******

An arrest has been made in Phyllicia Barnes' murder. Finally.

The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense.
Old 04-26-2012, 09:54 AM
Chronically sleep deprived

630 am.....male voices and dogs barking....

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2
Old 04-26-2012, 09:55 AM

This may have been covered already but I have a few questions.
1. Was this mom's normal routine on weekends when she had to go into work early? Such as did she always leave without checking in on kids.

2. What about the 10 and 14 yo? Have they been questioned? I have a 14yo ds who is a nightowl on a friday night. He plays video games and creeps around in the kitchen for snacks really late at night.

3. Did we ever find out when trash pick up was? I think Saturday morning would be an odd pickup day, but maybe that was the voices the neighbor heard?

4. Did Isa ever sleep in her parents rooms or get up in the middle of the night to sleep in their room? Both my kids would do this up until about 10. Heck my 10yo dd still sleeps with me if dad is out of town.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to txanmom For This Useful Post:
Old 04-26-2012, 09:57 AM
"Fasten your seatbelts. It's going to be a bumpy night."

When DH's alarm went off at 6:00 this morning, I was pleased to hear the Isabel disappearance among the headlines on the CBS morning news. While our local CBS radio station (WWJ, Detroit) has covered the case, it has never been among the national headlines at the top of the hour. That said, the story wasn't featured until after the first commercial - almost as an afterthought. The brief report included audio clips of the parents' statements yesterday and just the basics of the disappearance last Saturday morning.

I couldn't help being reminded of the mysterious disappearance (abduction?) of baby Lisa Irwin in MO last fall. Jeremy Irwin, Lisa's father, reportedly went to work in the evening for the first time so that mother, Deborah was left at home with the three children (one son of each parent and baby Lisa). Similarly, depending on the reliability of NG's sources, Isabel usually slept with her siblings (brothers) but slept in her own room on Friday night, and Becky Celis, Isa's mom who is a nurse reportedly went to work early on Saturday morning. I don't know - it just seems odd to me that both children "disappeared" when something was different from the usual activities in the homes.

Last edited by BetteDavisEyes; 04-26-2012 at 10:13 AM. Reason: typo
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to BetteDavisEyes For This Useful Post:
Old 04-26-2012, 10:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lillygator View Post
I couldn't get on the last thread before it closed, but I am shocked that anyone would be posting in favor of Mark Lunsford. I am guessing none of those posters live in the Tampa Bay area.
http://www.tampabay.com/news/humanin...nances/1050071

Was it true that the police took items from the car?
Even after the case is solved, parents are damned if they do and damned if they don't.
In no way should any of my statements be construed as legal opinion or advice. I am a newly practicing lawyer (yay!) but not a verified poster here at WS. The above statement(s) are an expression of my personal opinion, for entertainment purposes only, and copyright.
Old 04-26-2012, 10:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetteDavisEyes View Post
When DH's alarm went off at 6:00 this morning, I was pleased to hear the Isabel disappearance among the headlines on the CBS morning news. While our local CBS radio station (WWJ, Detroit) has covered the case, it has never been among the national headlines at the top of the hour. That said, the story wasn't featured until after the first commercial - almost as an afterthought. The brief report included audio clips of the parents' statements yesterday and just the basics of the disappearance last Saturday morning.

I couldn't help being reminded of the mysterious disappearance (abduction?) of baby Lisa Irwin in MO last fall. Jeremy Irwin, Lisa's father, reportedly went to work in the evening for the first time so that mother, Deborah was left at home with the three children (one son of each parent and baby Lisa. Similarly, depending on the reliability of NG's sources, Isabel usually slept with her siblings (brothers) but slept in her own room on Friday night, and Becky Celis, Isa's mom who is a nurse reportedly went to work early on Saturday morning. I don't know - it just seems odd to me that both children "disappeared" when something was different - a "first" - from the usual activities in the homes.
I really don't think we can take NG's info exactly as she reported it. While Isa may have sometimes slept in her brother's room, I'm really doubtful that she did so every single night.
In no way should any of my statements be construed as legal opinion or advice. I am a newly practicing lawyer (yay!) but not a verified poster here at WS. The above statement(s) are an expression of my personal opinion, for entertainment purposes only, and copyright.
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to AnaTeresa For This Useful Post:
Old 04-26-2012, 10:04 AM
WS Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isabelle View Post
very early on (same days she was noticed to be missing): saturday (and was re-reviewed on Monday)

Quote:
Moore said on Saturday, his general manager spent about five hours with police, showing them surveillance video of the area, and on Monday, they were back again to review video and get a copy of activity from 10 p.m. Friday night to 9 a.m. Saturday morning.
oh and this too:

Quote:
"There was activity going on," he said. "There were vehicles...there were people wandering around. There were things that we saw and we did get recorded so that information we did release to the police."
http://www.kvoa.com/full-coverage/fi...abel/#fcanchor
Old 04-26-2012, 10:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isabelle View Post

Yes. The police spent 5 hours Saturday morning with Moore reviewing tapes in the store. They took a copy with them according to Moore. Then the police came back on Monday to get a tape from 10 pm Friday night to 9 am Saturday morning

KVOA Is surveillance video key to solving missing girl investigation?

Reposting story on surveilance video from Moore Security-- to refresh -- this is a business with cameras on the back of the store that recorded traffic on the small side street to the right of Celis home (where Celis' block ends) the day/night Isa went missing. Moore believes the cameras could have captured something important such as license plates, other activity in the area (from the other side of block to North) time frame. The police have video.

This business is to the North of Celis' home on
Broadway. It appears that the camera(s) on the back of the store recorded foot and vehicle traffic from the side street to west of Celis' home, and parking lot across the street and east of Celis' home. [My written description seems confusing to me, so I've attached a map that shows where Moore cameras recorded in relation to the Celis neighborhood.]
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Moore Security.jpg (123.8 KB, 45 views)
The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to Prof For This Useful Post:
Old 04-26-2012, 10:14 AM

I also noticed that the Office Max is the closest business on the west side of the Celis home close to that side street. I wonder if Office Max has cameras on the back of their building. Cameras there might capture part of the alleyway behind the Celis' home.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Prof For This Useful Post:
Old 04-26-2012, 10:15 AM

Hey everyone- I'm new here. THis case and the Caleigh Harrison case in Rockport, MA pulled me in. I'm praying for Isa constantly.

Anyway, fwiw, I wanted to chime in about work shifts for nurses. I work for a hospital (admin), but I also spent A LOT of time in the hospital while my mom was dying of cancer. The hospitals we work for/had her treatments at have mid shifts- 12p-12a or 11a-11p.
Old 04-26-2012, 10:17 AM

Good morning, Everyone!

I am not convinced when the neighbor heard the dogs barking that it had anything to do with Isa being abducted. By 6:30 am people can start milling around and a lot of people have to work on Saturdays.

So I feel it may have just been two workers in the area talking with each other.

If any of the neighbors work in one of the businesss behind Isa's home they could just walk to work.

But I am intrigued about the dog or dogs getting loose just one week before Isa went missing. If the dogs were prone to get out of the fence then I would think there would be an habitual record of that happening but this seems to be the only time.

So how did the dog get loose and what time did they realize they werent in the fence? Did someone let the dog or the larger dog out on purpose when they werent there or were asleep? Were they trying to elimate their risks? Or were they plannng on doing it that day and the dogs came out of the gate when they opened it? Or did they let the dogs out when they opened the gate late in the night so they could peer into the windows in order to find Isa's bedroom?

I dont know, but something about the dogs being able to get out of the yard just a week before nags me for some reason. It just makes me feel that whoever this is was already staking the home out.

So did they start putting the dogs inside at night to make sure they did not get out of the fence?

Just somethngs that nags at me for some reason.

imo
Old 04-26-2012, 10:20 AM

If there was activity on the security cameras, why doesn't le release those images to the public so if someone knows the person or car(s) involved they can have those checked out? I don't understand why they would sit on that?
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to txanmom For This Useful Post:
Old 04-26-2012, 10:22 AM

So according to this neighbor, all dogs are going crazy at 6:30am. By this time it is light out. Isa's mother is probably getting ready to go to work, or has just left. And yet nobody bothered to check why the dogs were going nuts? Kidnapper breaks in and takes Isa in broad daylight? Does that not make sense to anyone else?

The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to mrsu For This Useful Post:
Old 04-26-2012, 10:23 AM
WS Super Moderator

welcome manda622
Old 04-26-2012, 10:23 AM
"Fasten your seatbelts. It's going to be a bumpy night."

Quote:
Originally Posted by manda622 View Post
Hey everyone- I'm new here. THis case and the Caleigh Harrison case in Rockport, MA pulled me in. I'm praying for Isa constantly.

Anyway, fwiw, I wanted to chime in about work shifts for nurses. I work for a hospital (admin), but I also spent A LOT of time in the hospital while my mom was dying of cancer. The hospitals we work for/had her treatments at have mid shifts- 12p-12a or 11a-11p.
Thanks for joining us Welcome to Websleuths.
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to BetteDavisEyes For This Useful Post:
Old 04-26-2012, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnaTeresa View Post
Even after the case is solved, parents are damned if they do and damned if they don't.
OT - sorry, but as a somewhat local who followed this story and family it is always in my mind and he has been outed as what he truly is and I just can't fathom anyone defending him.

not him - IMO he is a horrible person, just google what was found on his computer and how he got his son from being on the sex offender registery.

so they family is allowed to go back to their home and choosing not to or are they being kept from their home?
The Following User Says Thank You to lillygator For This Useful Post:
Old 04-26-2012, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by txanmom View Post
This may have been covered already but I have a few questions.
1. Was this mom's normal routine on weekends when she had to go into work early? Such as did she always leave without checking in on kids.

2. What about the 10 and 14 yo? Have they been questioned? I have a 14yo ds who is a nightowl on a friday night. He plays video games and creeps around in the kitchen for snacks really late at night.

3. Did we ever find out when trash pick up was? I think Saturday morning would be an odd pickup day, but maybe that was the voices the neighbor heard?

4. Did Isa ever sleep in her parents rooms or get up in the middle of the night to sleep in their room? Both my kids would do this up until about 10. Heck my 10yo dd still sleeps with me if dad is out of town.

1. We have not heard much in the way of case-specific details. We don't know mom's normal routine.
2. The police have questioned all of the family.
3. Municipal trash pick up for plastic home containers in that neighborhood is on Thursdays. However, the house is surrounded by commercial properties that have dumpsters. LE has stated in pressers that there was some form of trash pick up on Saturday in the neighborhood, hence searching the landfill.
The neighbor claims the voices seemed outside her bedroom window. Her window faces a wall that is the wall on the east side of the Celis' yard. I suppose voices could carry from the alleyway or side street, a backyard away. IDK
4. We have not heard about Isa's sleeping habits except for NG's claim that she slept in her brothers' room.

That's what I know, for what it's worth. Good questions.
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Prof For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread