Websleuths
Go Back   Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community > Crimes and Trials > Trials

Notices

Trials Current Trials In the news

Old 07-25-2012, 05:20 PM
Anglophile & registered demwit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boodles View Post
I hate to say I told you so, but I told you so! I knew Willoughby rejected the plea offer. This may be the first time in my life that I agree with a defense attorney (Conner in this case).

It's just too bad he didn't have the gumption to take the deal and save the money. No one gets executed here anyway. What a waste, and it was horrid to put the Taft family through this ordeal when there was a perfectly fair alternative.

I am so pi$$ed at Willougby about this. And BTW, the $760K doesn't include the costs of travel, expert witnesses, etc., etc. This had to have cost over a million.

So many other necessities could have been met with the funds that were wasted on this case.

I'm glad Conners said this out loud to the public.

Yes, Boodles, this article was no surprise to me, either -- it's interesting, though, that it surfaced as it did in the news. Things like this usually stay behind the scenes and are never known for sure.

I still maintain that CW (whom I am neutral -- but I do like that he doesn't rush his folks to present a case to the Grand Jury, etc., before he feels that they indeed have the right suspect), anyway, I still maintain that CW had a directive from his higher-up(s) to make this a DP case. RHIP, & all that, IMO.

And Conner didn't hurt himself any by having such a good exposure in this part of the State during the trial. And Saacks glowed like a bright shining star, and I was glad to see that.

(Let me say, too, Mad74, that your point was well-taken. bbm)

just my o...

All posts, unless attributed, are "just my humble opinion," and they are to remain here in Websleuths and are not to be used elsewhere. Thank you.

This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England.
William Shakespeare, King Richard II

The Angel of the Waters, Bethesda Terrace, Central Park, New York City

Last edited by borndem; 07-25-2012 at 05:32 PM. Reason: typo
Old 10-11-2013, 05:32 PM
Anglophile & registered demwit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prancy View Post
Yes, I had to double click to keep watching yesterday and today. Annoying. I normally just listen and find it so annoying to keep going back to renew the feed.

I agree that there is really no need to attack the victim's sister. It doesn't matter what she did, because it did not cause the def. to do what he did. I would think that attacking her would cause a jury to get angry at you. I guess they know what they are doing. But, why would it matter if the sister has a drinking problem? Why is that relevant?
Not saying she was drinking that night, but if she had a few drinks, or if the sinus pill made her groggy, it (whichever) may have saved her life.

If she had heard something going on in KT's bedroom when "it" was ocurring, and it had awakened her enuff to get up and check on things -- and she had gone in there, what would JW have done? Hit her with the rock, too? Probably, I'd say -- then we may have had two dead women in that bedroom...

(Just reviewing this case today -- I had a dream about KT last night...In the dream, she was at a function I have (in "real life") been invited to attend and I was thinking about her and all of this...) So sadness has enveloped me today... It was so real... Grrrrrr

All posts, unless attributed, are "just my humble opinion," and they are to remain here in Websleuths and are not to be used elsewhere. Thank you.

This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England.
William Shakespeare, King Richard II

The Angel of the Waters, Bethesda Terrace, Central Park, New York City
Old 10-11-2013, 07:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by borndem View Post
Not saying she was drinking that night, but if she had a few drinks, or if the sinus pill made her groggy, it (whichever) may have saved her life.

If she had heard something going on in KT's bedroom when "it" was ocurring, and it had awakened her enuff to get up and check on things -- and she had gone in there, what would JW have done? Hit her with the rock, too? Probably, I'd say -- then we may have had two dead women in that bedroom...

(Just reviewing this case today -- I had a dream about KT last night...In the dream, she was at a function I have (in "real life") been invited to attend and I was thinking about her and all of this...) So sadness has enveloped me today... It was so real... Grrrrrr
sister borndem! I must say, since this trial, I ALWAYS lock my doors. Mind you, I live in a controlled access building, but nevertheless, my safety is in my mind, thanks to Kathy's sad faith.