Websleuths
Go Back   Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community > Featured Case Discussion > Hot Cases > Allison Baden-Clay of Australia > Allison Baden-Clay General Discussion Threads

Notices

Old 05-18-2012, 05:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Shadow View Post
Sorry for the delayed reply guys, i have 3 littlies, so i am only on here intermittently.

Hi Linette and Paradox. Thanks for making me feel welcome
As a degree, criminology is basically a multidisciplinary field;there are about 150 various occupational opportunities, so i won't list them all, but basically, a criminologist can work in corrections (correction officer), law enforcement (a lot go into policing), justice system (court roles-advocacy, youth justice e.t.c), federal police, customs, council (environmental crime prevention e.t.c), politics e.t.c....we learn it all, lol.

heres a good link if you're interested (this is the uni i attended): http://www.griffith.edu.au/criminolo...iminal-justice

As for what i do personally... at the moment, i work from home doing freelance crime writing for various publications (e.g, most recently wrote a piece on prisoner health for a medical journal) and i will be doing this until my youngest child is at least 2. After that, i plan to work in child protection

...and...

LOL, thanks guys...i am female

What a great idea! I will do that now
Cheers!
Thanks for answering my questions TDS. I appreciate it. I might have to look into some further study as partcipating in this site has rekindled my interest.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Paradox11 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-18-2012, 05:03 AM
Rest in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mani View Post
Hey thanks for that. Sounds like a great idea.
Some of the anachronisms are very funny, esp the ones relating to the elderly.
You can get to the basement from the main page, scroll all the way down until you reach "Private Forums" Only Websleuth members are allowed.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sooner Fan#1 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-18-2012, 05:07 AM

Omg brookie show as bold as brass. Surely he didn't do it? Rip dear Allison x
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to barrosa For This Useful Post:
Old 05-18-2012, 05:10 AM

Wink

Agree, agree, agree!
Quote:
Originally Posted by brightspark View Post
Thank you xfiles, looks like the apple doesn't fall from the tree. In one paragraph I thought they were discussing BC's character and not Baden-Powell.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to heloise For This Useful Post:
Old 05-18-2012, 05:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sooner Fan#1 View Post
Thank you for the link....wonder why it was discounted?
Yesterday, police found a mobile phone SIM card and a pair of gloves near where Mrs Baden-Clay's body was found.

They said that the SIM card was not related to the case but they didn't mention the gloves!

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/p...-1226344523575

Thanks soonerfan, I had forgotten they mentioned gloves in the media and the police did not discount them, only the sim.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mani For This Useful Post:
Old 05-18-2012, 05:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berry View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by linette
haha.... 47 with 5 kids.

NAH.....but wait, theres more.....I am 54 with 3 grown kids EGAD I must be the eldest

Awwww but wiser maybe>>>>???????????? roflmao
BOOOO ... you beat me! I'm 53, 8 years divorced mum with one 13 y.o. daughter.
Old 05-18-2012, 05:22 AM
Former Member

t would be so nice if something would make sense for a change (said Alice)

If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense. Nothing would be what it is because everything would be what it isn't. And contrary-wise; what it is it wouldn't be, and what it wouldn't be, it would. You see?
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to minni For This Useful Post:
Old 05-18-2012, 05:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradox11 View Post
No, stop with the pleading. don't show your weakness. We need a bit of this: and this: and this: and this:
You're right. Or maybe indifference will make him speak...after I do this
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to rhb For This Useful Post:
Old 05-18-2012, 05:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuskier View Post
Dont' know if anyone else has posted on this,but your posts tend to degrade Allison and she is not here to defend herself IMO.
How so? I have just contributed theories like everyone else here. I've not made any comments about her personally or made judgements about her if she did have a lover.
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to aussie_mum For This Useful Post:
Old 05-18-2012, 05:38 AM
Former Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by minni View Post
hell yeah!!!!
haha, well as much fun as this has been, its ten minutes past my five year olds bed time PLUS I have an advanced tax law exam to study for (yes, that is just for my new friend!!) goodnight all
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to minni For This Useful Post:
Old 05-18-2012, 05:38 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuskier View Post
Dont' know if anyone else has posted on this,but your posts tend to degrade Allison and she is not here to defend herself IMO.
Well said, Fuskier! I would have liked to have said more than IMO a 'lover' was not involved - but would risk a time out or ban by the mods.
The Following User Says Thank You to CJ60 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-18-2012, 05:47 AM

Hi everyone,
when I discovered this forum I was quite intrigued as to how people could look at an event from so many different angles. So many ideas, ok, some wild and out there, some more conventional. I know I got skewered last night for not thinking before I opened my mouth and attacked the keyboard, but for what it is worth, I think most of us could agree that life is not black and white, everyone has their own opinion. When someone speculates a possible scenario that you don't agree with, is that a reason to slap them with a slimy fish? It is hard to not go around in circles when a lot of us don't have
anything new. I am keen to hear thoughts on the idea of a possible suicide note.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to pudwink For This Useful Post:
Old 05-18-2012, 05:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pudwink View Post
Hi everyone,
when I discovered this forum I was quite intrigued as to how people could look at an event from so many different angles. So many ideas, ok, some wild and out there, some more conventional. I know I got skewered last night for not thinking before I opened my mouth and attacked the keyboard, but for what it is worth, I think most of us could agree that life is not black and white, everyone has their own opinion. When someone speculates a possible scenario that you don't agree with, is that a reason to slap them with a slimy fish? It is hard to not go around in circles when a lot of us don't have
anything new. I am keen to hear thoughts on the idea of a possible suicide note.
Pudwick......Murders ABC in a fit of rage thinks **** what have I done, contemplates suicide but unfortunately has second thoughts and couldn't go through with the suicide bit. Instead tries to cover up murder.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Ixnaye For This Useful Post:
Old 05-18-2012, 05:50 AM

Did anybody see the BCs at the Brookfield Show?
Old 05-18-2012, 05:51 AM
Former Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rational View Post
I think he means NGB
haha I think you mean NBC
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to minni For This Useful Post:
Old 05-18-2012, 05:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ixnaye View Post
Pudwick......Murder/Suicide but unfortunately has second thoughts and couldn't go through with the suicide bit.
Sorry, what do you mean?
The Following User Says Thank You to Blonde For This Useful Post:
Old 05-18-2012, 05:53 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by minni View Post
haha, well as much fun as this has been, its ten minutes past my five year olds bed time PLUS I have an advanced tax law exam to study for (yes, that is just for my new friend!!) goodnight all
Good luck with your exam! :-)
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Rational For This Useful Post:
Old 05-18-2012, 05:54 AM

Quote:
Hi everyone,
Why would you ask that? Doesn't that go against what QPS have said?
The Following User Says Thank You to Mani For This Useful Post:
Old 05-18-2012, 05:54 AM

Quote:
Hi everyone,
Agree and I think we need to let other people put their thoughts forward, question them respectfully if we wish and ultimately agree to disagree.

Suicide Note?? I don't believe it. If there was one (fake), then the perp is more stupid than I thought. Handwriting experts would pretty quickly dismiss it as forged. I do not think for one minute that she committed suicide!
Old 05-18-2012, 05:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blonde View Post
Sorry, what do you mean?

Sorry Blonde I was responding to Pudwink query re thoughts on suicide note but failed to include the quote.

Quote:
Hi everyone,
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ixnaye View Post
Pudwick......Murders ABC in a fit of rage thinks **** what have I done, contemplates suicide but unfortunately has second thoughts and couldn't go through with the suicide bit. Instead tries to cover up murder.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ixnaye For This Useful Post:
Old 05-18-2012, 05:56 AM

I don't but the suicide note either Mani, I was asking what people thought because a previous post a few pages back referred to a 'possible' suicide note
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pudwink For This Useful Post:
Old 05-18-2012, 05:57 AM

Quote:
Hi everyone,
I posted my thoughts on the suicide note. And people are welcome to slap me with a slimey fish if they disagree.

Why don't you share your thought's about the suicide note?
The Following User Says Thank You to Paradox11 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-18-2012, 05:57 AM

Is there the faintest possibility that he attempted suicide by crashing the car?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Blonde For This Useful Post:
Old 05-18-2012, 05:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaseClosed View Post
Agree and I think we need to let other people put their thoughts forward, question them respectfully if we wish and ultimately agree to disagree.

Suicide Note?? I don't believe it. If there was one (fake), then the perp is more stupid than I thought. Handwriting experts would pretty quickly dismiss it as forged. I do not think for one minute that she committed suicide!
The poster said there was a suicide note but that it was not a note from ABC
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ixnaye For This Useful Post:
Old 05-18-2012, 06:00 AM

ABC fronted him about affair. It's me or her. He tells mistress it's over. Mistress threatens suicide. I can't go on without you.
He doesn't really want the split from mistress but knows leaving wife for mistress will distroy his public image family man etc. Mistress suggests killing ABC.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Maxymoo For This Useful Post: