Websleuths
Go Back   Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community > Crimes and Trials > Trials

Notices

Trials Current Trials In the news


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #751  
Old 06-05-2012, 07:00 PM
Cappuccino Cappuccino is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 2,833
This was the right verdict definitely. The prosecution did not meet their burden and the police and ME office was as shoddy as could be. If he'd been convicted on that standard, anybody could be convicted of anything.

Did he get away with murder? Possibly, but its better to let ten guilty go free than see one innocent convicted.
Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Cappuccino For This Useful Post:
  #752  
Old 06-05-2012, 07:01 PM
ostrow ostrow is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1
ostrow

the point is that lina had a bad heart disease. i do not know where the prosecution came up with their idea of what happened.
Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ostrow For This Useful Post:
  #753  
Old 06-05-2012, 07:17 PM
dizzychick's Avatar
dizzychick dizzychick is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 1,248
Im glad, he might very well have done it but then again we didnt get to see all of the evidence and our laws are suppose to be written in such a way that we let 10 go free so as not to convict and innocent person.

I dont know why this case did not bother me like Casey Anthony's did. I guess because it was so cut and dry IMO that she was guilty.

I saw where the jury asked about whether or not the family had pets that died in the house? Did anyone hear that and where is the video of the verdict?
Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to dizzychick For This Useful Post:
  #754  
Old 06-05-2012, 07:47 PM
Shelby1's Avatar
Shelby1 Shelby1 is offline
Cancer Sucks
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: The Land of Oz
Posts: 3,342
Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzychick View Post
Im glad, he might very well have done it but then again we didnt get to see all of the evidence and our laws are suppose to be written in such a way that we let 10 go free so as not to convict and innocent person.

I dont know why this case did not bother me like Casey Anthony's did. I guess because it was so cut and dry IMO that she was guilty.

I saw where the jury asked about whether or not the family had pets that died in the house? Did anyone hear that and where is the video of the verdict?

Yes, I saw where the jury asked about the pets. The judge sent a note back that the jury must only focus on the testimony presented in court.

I haven't found any video of the verdict yet. I know for sure it will be shown on TruTV tomorrow morning starting at 8 a.m. central time.
Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Shelby1 For This Useful Post:
  #755  
Old 06-05-2012, 10:35 PM
Paige SC's Avatar
Paige SC Paige SC is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 499
Well, if ever I want to commit murder I'll be sure to locate to Fla first.
__________________
The exception proves the rule -
Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Paige SC For This Useful Post:
  #756  
Old 06-05-2012, 10:59 PM
Soulmagent Soulmagent is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 6,073
I am glad these residents of this county are maintaining the burden of proof.

I was really scared Adam was going to be convicted and while I might not have felt they were sending an innocent man to prison . I would have fear they can send innocent men / woman to prison.

The conviction rate in this county is interesting . One has to wonder if that is a positive thing or not. On one hand you have a large amount of cases ending in not guilty which brings the question of the qauilty of the professionals involved in this county . On the other hand do their rates reflect what all conviction rates should look like . How many people are charged and found guilty where the juries dont uphold the burden of proof standards and are truely innocent?

My state it seems if you are going to court you are guilty ,and they run up there stats with plea bargins . How many pleas do they take on people who they know are innocent or who they know if they had to present a case it wouldnt hold up under a flordia jury?
The jury system is the best thing ever

Now I just wish we could watch them in the room like reality TV. I wont lie I would watch.
Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Soulmagent For This Useful Post:
  #757  
Old 06-06-2012, 01:53 AM
dizzychick's Avatar
dizzychick dizzychick is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 1,248
Just FYI I think if you have heart disease there is plenty of evidence of it on autopsy. For CHF the heart is enlarged and boggy and the fact she had a boob job means that doc put her through tests just 4 short months before that surgery. Remember in Whitney Houston case that doctor did not clear her for health reasons for some cosmetic procedure. These sames tests are given to people prior to a surgery it is called a medical clearance.

As for the mother of Lina, I guess she just would rather think Adam wouldnt have done this and I partly agree with the state's theory that she would be lost and on her own w/o that family.

Again I did not get to see the pics I did see some for a very short second and what I saw did not look that bad but I guess the state felt this was a strangulation.
Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to dizzychick For This Useful Post:
  #758  
Old 06-06-2012, 07:55 AM
CarolinaMoon's Avatar
CarolinaMoon CarolinaMoon is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 3,566
I am so glad this trial is over. I think this is the first time in my many years of trial watching where I couldn't come off the fence.

There have been cases where I believed that the defendant was innocent. Usually, the jury sees it my way. There have been far more cases where I believed the prosecution had reached the beyond a reasonable doubt and the jury disagreed. Most of the time, I can move on and not feel the kind of emotions I still have about the CA trial and the OJ trial.

I certainly won't lose any sleep over this trial. This was probably the worst prosecution case I have ever witnessed. I was embarassed for them. Their rebuttal case was spectacularly pitiful.

I'm waiting for InSession to air the verdict this morning. I'll watch that and move on to the next trial. I'm finished with this one.
__________________
The greatest trespasser on justice still wishes it done to him.

EDWARD COUNSEL, Maxims
Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to CarolinaMoon For This Useful Post:
  #759  
Old 06-06-2012, 08:08 AM
TruthSeeker's Avatar
TruthSeeker TruthSeeker is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 728
This case was an eye opener for me. I have cardiac arrythmia on a daily basis. My heart will flutter, hesitate, etc. and I will get dizzy for a few seconds. It has done this for years and years. It has become just a normal thing for me and I dont seem to have lasting effects from it. My doctor has said not to worry about it and just watch it to see if it gets worse. Had a bunch of tests run - nothing showed up. I have had two major surgeries lasting 7 and 9 hours with no problem. It is so common in my daily living that I forget to mention it all the time myself. My Dad had it too. One day he collasped walking up the stairs and dropped dead. He was as healthy as an ox and had NO heart disease. He dies because the heart never started back up and it was over 10 mins before emts arrived.
The Dr. said more people walking down the street have this arrythmia than you would believe. Most times it doesnt cause any problems. In this case she had some past viral problem that hit the heart and damaged it. IMO this created the perfect storm.

One thing I noticed in the comments is that many people heard different things and/or did not hear the complete testimony. I have the luxury of watching these trials without interruption and if I have to miss something because of a phone call, bathroom run I pause it or rewind it because I tape it. In a few comments they got totally different ideas about this case because it was obvious they missed certain testimony. My point? Sitting on a jury you hear much more than we the viewer hear. To put the jury down because their decision doesn't match yours is first wrong and secondly perhaps you have come to different conclusion because you missed key testimony.

i.e. Nobody let the first responder in. The door was wide open and he walked in. Adam was not dressed when the first responder walked in. I surmise that Adam ran down stairs and opened it at some point. He put a pair of jeans and flp flops on when the responder took over the cpr on Lena. The brother who lived seconds away from Adam ran to his home. He was dressed as described.
There was a picture at the hospital of the comforter on the gurney that matched the comforter from Adams bed. The emts used it to cover Linas body (she was naked) as they transported her. That made the bed look as if it had not been slept in.
There was no evidence of a struggle in the rest of the house. No pictures were taken before chairs, etc. were moved by emts and dectectives. Proper protocol for securing the scene was not done in order to process the house as a "crime scene". A number of people stated magazines are flimsy. Stand up eight or ten of them together and try to press down on them. They present a very firm loadbearing surface. There was obvious discoloration on the tops of the stack of magazines in the holder. The holder may be flimsy without the magazines in it but presented a very firm surface with the magazines in it.

These are just a few things I noticed from the comments above. There is a reason a jury is placed in the courtroom without outside distractions to hear and see the evidence. I hate to hear it said that the jury was "stupid", "ignorant", etc. because someone comes to another conclusion from the often interupped viewing of the trial.
__________________
"Your words and actions should reflect how you would want someone to act and speak towards you"

TruthSeeker not Truth Seeker. No space between Truth and Seeker. My post are my opinion unless a link is posted.

Last edited by TruthSeeker; 06-06-2012 at 08:36 AM.
Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to TruthSeeker For This Useful Post:
  #760  
Old 06-06-2012, 08:55 AM
Soulmagent Soulmagent is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 6,073
Quote:
Originally Posted by TruthSeeker View Post
This case was an eye opener for me. I have cardiac arrythmia on a daily basis. My heart will flutter, hesitate, etc. and I will get dizzy for a few seconds. It has done this for years and years. It has become just a normal thing for me and I dont seem to have lasting effects from it. My doctor has said not to worry about it and just watch it to see if it gets worse. Had a bunch of tests run - nothing showed up. I have had two major surgeries lasting 7 and 9 hours with no problem. It is so common in my daily living that I forget to mention it all the time myself. My Dad had it too. One day he collasped walking up the stairs and dropped dead. He was as healthy as an ox and had NO heart disease. He dies because the heart never started back up and it was over 10 mins before emts arrived.
The Dr. said more people walking down the street have this arrythmia than you would believe. Most times it doesnt cause any problems. In this case she had some past viral problem that hit the heart and damaged it. IMO this created the perfect storm.

One thing I noticed in the comments is that many people heard different things and/or did not hear the complete testimony. I have the luxury of watching these trials without interruption and if I have to miss something because of a phone call, bathroom run I pause it or rewind it because I tape it. In a few comments they got totally different ideas about this case because it was obvious they missed certain testimony. My point? Sitting on a jury you hear much more than we the viewer hear. To put the jury down because their decision doesn't match yours is first wrong and secondly perhaps you have come to different conclusion because you missed key testimony.

i.e. Nobody let the first responder in. The door was wide open and he walked in. Adam was not dressed when the first responder walked in. I surmise that Adam ran down stairs and opened it at some point. He put a pair of jeans and flp flops on when the responder took over the cpr on Lena. The brother who lived seconds away from Adam ran to his home. He was dressed as described.
There was a picture at the hospital of the comforter on the gurney that matched the comforter from Adams bed. The emts used it to cover Linas body (she was naked) as they transported her. That made the bed look as if it had not been slept in.
There was no evidence of a struggle in the rest of the house. No pictures were taken before chairs, etc. were moved by emts and dectectives. Proper protocol for securing the scene was not done in order to process the house as a "crime scene".

These are just a few things I noticed from the comments above. There is a reason a jury is placed in the courtroom without outside distractions to hear and see the evidence. I hate to hear it said that the jury was "stupid", "ignorant", etc. because someone comes to another conclusion from the often interupped viewing of the trial.
Great post.

I just wanted to let you know in closing it was stated the first responder was let in by an older woman. That is what stirred the post about the subject and why we were confused.

I did missed part of testimony of the first responders but I hate when the S.A says things in closing that deviates so dramaticly from what the witness said. Unless I miss understood what the S.A was saying in closing.

How to you get the trials uninterupted? I used not to even get Tru TV then I expanded my cable package for it. I wish they had pay per veiw trials ,I would so do that.

Last edited by Soulmagent; 06-06-2012 at 09:19 AM.
Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Soulmagent For This Useful Post:
  #761  
Old 06-06-2012, 09:10 AM
Soulmagent Soulmagent is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 6,073
Verdict read and Seth is crying and Adam trying hard not to cry ,court tv beeped out so much stuff so he didnt hear names of the jury members.

From watching the after verdict stuff it looks like Adam is close to his brother and Lina's mom. He has more relaxed and comfortable emotional exchanges with those two . Very awkard looking while hugging Seth's wife.
Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Soulmagent For This Useful Post:
  #762  
Old 06-06-2012, 09:34 AM
Shelby1's Avatar
Shelby1 Shelby1 is offline
Cancer Sucks
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: The Land of Oz
Posts: 3,342
I missed the reading of the verdict, hopefully they will re-play it.

Some very touching moments, though, after that. Both lawyers seem to have tears in their eyes.

I do believe the jury got it right.
Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Shelby1 For This Useful Post:
  #763  
Old 06-06-2012, 09:36 AM
Shelby1's Avatar
Shelby1 Shelby1 is offline
Cancer Sucks
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: The Land of Oz
Posts: 3,342
The jury foreman is going to be on in 20 mins on In Session.

Then at 1 central time, I believe Adam and some other family members will be on, also.


The foreman hugged Adam after the trial and said "I'm sorry for your loss. I not only believe you are not guilty, I believe you are innocent."
Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Shelby1 For This Useful Post:
  #764  
Old 06-06-2012, 09:52 AM
Soulmagent Soulmagent is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 6,073
I am excited to hear what the jury foreman has to say about the pets question they sent out.

I thought Adam was getting convicted because of that question. I am hoping they have a logical reason for asking. Or at least one riddled with reasonable doubt.

Off topic the Penn state guys trial should have been moved. They have one person on the jury who is enrolled in Penn state currently on the jury who works for the same dept the accused worked for and more penn state jury connections. I can only wonder if they refused to move it so Penn state has more influence over the trial. I am kinda mad about it actually.
Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Soulmagent For This Useful Post:
  #765  
Old 06-06-2012, 10:06 AM
Shelby1's Avatar
Shelby1 Shelby1 is offline
Cancer Sucks
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: The Land of Oz
Posts: 3,342
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soulmagent View Post
I am excited to hear what the jury foreman has to say about the pets question they sent out.

I thought Adam was getting convicted because of that question. I am hoping they have a logical reason for asking. Or at least one riddled with reasonable doubt.

Off topic the Penn state guys trial should have been moved. They have one person on the jury who is enrolled in Penn state currently on the jury who works for the same dept the accused worked for and more penn state jury connections. I can only wonder if they refused to move it so Penn state has more influence over the trial. I am kinda mad about it actually.

Is there a place here for discussion about Sandusky's trial? I looked yesterday and couldn't find it.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Shelby1 For This Useful Post:
  #766  
Old 06-06-2012, 10:13 AM
pentaxx's Avatar
pentaxx pentaxx is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 14
Just wanted to say again how HAPPY I am to be here..... I am so sick of some of the other forums, or perhaps I should say lynch mobs, that don't weigh the evidence but prefer to speculate and postulate their own theories at naseum until they have convinced everyone else there that their opinion is the right one.
__________________
Somebody somewhere saw something
Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to pentaxx For This Useful Post:
  #767  
Old 06-06-2012, 10:13 AM
dizzychick's Avatar
dizzychick dizzychick is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 1,248
Not that this matters now but I was searching strangulation and found this:

http://www.ncdsv.org/images/strangulation_article.pdf

It says only 1/3 of strangulation cases have a broken hyoid. A young person's hyoid has not yet fused and so may not be broken. The state should have pointed that out they did a sloppy job IMO of explaining how Lina could have been strangled. The evidence for this death was there, they just didnt do a good enough job proving it.

To me its pretty cut and dry that she was dead way before the fire/paramedics/cops got there and the injuries were already present. The 1st fireman said she was hung/strangulated/choked etc. He knew it was a murder right then. Too bad for the state.
Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to dizzychick For This Useful Post:
  #768  
Old 06-06-2012, 10:15 AM
luvlife luvlife is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 159
I am so happy today, just watching the jury foreman.....They got the verdict so right. What great lawyers he had but I believe he was innocent, NEVER GUILTY! Justice for Adam after waiting for 5 years!
Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to luvlife For This Useful Post:
  #769  
Old 06-06-2012, 10:16 AM
OwlGirl's Avatar
OwlGirl OwlGirl is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 33
OMG - I am watching InSession and this Jury Foreman thinks he's a freakin' medical expert. The pets question was because he thought the aniimals may be carrying a virus she caught!! He also criticized the CPR!!! What a fool!

We need professional Jurors.
Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to OwlGirl For This Useful Post:
  #770  
Old 06-06-2012, 10:23 AM
pentaxx's Avatar
pentaxx pentaxx is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by OwlGirl View Post
OMG - I am watching InSession and this Jury Foreman thinks he's a freakin' medical expert. The pets question was because he thought the aniimals may be carrying a virus she caught!! He also criticized the CPR!!! What a fool!

We need professional Jurors.
Although I agree with the overall verdict..... errr, umm,, he does scare me a little
__________________
Somebody somewhere saw something
Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to pentaxx For This Useful Post:
  #771  
Old 06-06-2012, 10:24 AM
Soulmagent Soulmagent is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 6,073
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelby1 View Post
Is there a place here for discussion about Sandusky's trial? I looked yesterday and couldn't find it.

This is the only one I found.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...light=Sandusky

I do feel the jury put thought into the case ,after hearing him explain his pets question it makes more sence. I wont say the is way off with the dog mycardia(sp) thing until I research it .I also thought the CPR instructions where not correct so I see what he means there. Interesting about them having sent in Lina's day planner as evidence. All the doctors appointments she had never mentioned.
Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Soulmagent For This Useful Post:
  #772  
Old 06-06-2012, 10:27 AM
fifteen89 fifteen89 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 3,356
Quote:
Originally Posted by OwlGirl View Post
OMG - I am watching InSession and this Jury Foreman thinks he's a freakin' medical expert. The pets question was because he thought the aniimals may be carrying a virus she caught!! He also criticized the CPR!!! What a fool!

We need professional Jurors.
I agree. Just from what he said on IS, he was adding evidence to the case to base their decision on. For all his 'we folllowed the judge's instruction' crap, he just admitted he/they didn't.

Adam saying Lina can finally rest in peace.....I disagree.
Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to fifteen89 For This Useful Post:
  #773  
Old 06-06-2012, 10:29 AM
Soulmagent Soulmagent is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 6,073
Quote:
Originally Posted by fifteen89 View Post
I agree. Just from what he said on IS, he was adding evidence to the case to base their decision on. For all his 'we folllowed the judge's instruction' crap, he just admitted he/they didn't.

Adam saying Lina can finally rest in peace.....I disagree.
He didnt add evidence the evidence he had lead him to a thought about the pets. The vet stickers were admitted as evidence . it was not testified about.
Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Soulmagent For This Useful Post:
  #774  
Old 06-06-2012, 10:43 AM
Soulmagent Soulmagent is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 6,073
He might not have been the best at explaining things or points of veiw ( I lack at that myself) but you cannot accuse them of not paying attention. They even knew the dogs name from hearing it once in open court and later when they saw the pet bed in the photos and then the vet appointment ,and doctor appointments.

I know if those planners were on websleuths and the photos with the pet bed some one would have been aking "did the dog make Lena sick" because we try to figure out what we are looking at.
So do jurors.
Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Soulmagent For This Useful Post:
  #775  
Old 06-06-2012, 10:44 AM
fifteen89 fifteen89 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 3,356
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soulmagent View Post
He didnt add evidence the evidence he had lead him to a thought about the pets. The vet stickers were admitted as evidence . it was not testified about.
So the pet diseases/deaths were testified to? IMconstitutionally protectedO that = adding evidence. You are free to think otherwise.
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to fifteen89 For This Useful Post:
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Identified! FL-Human Remains unearthed in Broward County Ms Suzanne Identified! 6 01-31-2011 05:29 AM
Peterson's Murder Trial May Move From Will County Paintr Kathleen Savio 53 10-06-2009 12:26 AM
JD 83 Broward County Florida Ms Suzanne MySpace & Facebook for the Missing 0 10-09-2008 06:35 PM


© Copyright Websleuths 1999-2012 New To Site? Need Help?
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:30 AM.

Advertisements

Pre-Order Imperfect Justice: Prosecuting Casey Anthony today!