Websleuths
Go Back   Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community > Crimes and Trials > Trials

Notices

Trials Current Trials In the news

Old 05-24-2012, 12:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinetico55 View Post
Hello,
This is my first post on websleuths. I have been actively watching the Adam Kaufman trial and am respectfully in quite a different view from many on here.
In my eyes, he is clearly guilty. I do not know how one can explain the deep deep bruising on the front, back, and sides of the neck. When combined with Mr. Kaufmans conflicting stories, I simply cannot see reasonable doubt.
I do realize that the police work was far from perfect. That being said, when one obtains top tier lawyers, their will always be a plethora of things to attack. Their are 1000 different elements to a crime scene, an investigation, reports, medical examiner testing, etc, etc, etc, and great lawyers will always hone in on and empasize the mistakes ( or things that appear that could be mistakes). I can assure you that no investigation is perfect from start to finish.
Although Mr. Millian is an excellent attorney, aren't people seeing alot of this as bluster, talking louder than the prosecution, and just picking on things that aren't even really there?? Or is it only I that is seeing this?? Although the defense team is clearly the more experienced/ dynamic attorneys, is this a reason to acquit a man that seems pretty clearly guilty? I dont know, just my 2 cents.
I would appreciate others thoughts on whether it appears Mr. Millian is grasping at straws that aren't there and is just trying to create a doubt by great lawyering?
At times I did find him irratating and I do think that could reflect in the result of the trial.

I will say just when it seems he is blustering, he makes a point and that seems ro overcome my irratation of him. His passion makes it seem he is being honest and is truely annoyed at what he thinks is injustice. I am sure the jury is feeling it. True or courtroom antics.

I also dont think Adam is clearly guilty as I have not seen evidence of that .

I will post however what I truely think on all aspects of what I see in court an I love to do so.

And welcome to websleuths!!!!!
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Soulmagent For This Useful Post:
Old 05-24-2012, 01:04 AM

Thanks Soulmagent. I appreciate your thoughts on the trial. I am very interested to watch and discuss the trial the rest of the way through. Kinetico55
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to kinetico55 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-24-2012, 01:11 AM

It is really disheartining to find that the ME finds one way and there are always defense experts that will testify to the complete opposite. It is really discomfiting to me that there are no true "experts" .
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ohiogirl For This Useful Post:
Old 05-24-2012, 06:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinetico55 View Post
Hello,
This is my first post on websleuths. I have been actively watching the Adam Kaufman trial and am respectfully in quite a different view from many on here.
In my eyes, he is clearly guilty. I do not know how one can explain the deep deep bruising on the front, back, and sides of the neck. When combined with Mr. Kaufmans conflicting stories, I simply cannot see reasonable doubt.
I do realize that the police work was far from perfect. That being said, when one obtains top tier lawyers, their will always be a plethora of things to attack. Their are 1000 different elements to a crime scene, an investigation, reports, medical examiner testing, etc, etc, etc, and great lawyers will always hone in on and empasize the mistakes ( or things that appear that could be mistakes). I can assure you that no investigation is perfect from start to finish.
Although Mr. Millian is an excellent attorney, aren't people seeing alot of this as bluster, talking louder than the prosecution, and just picking on things that aren't even really there?? Or is it only I that is seeing this?? Although the defense team is clearly the more experienced/ dynamic attorneys, is this a reason to acquit a man that seems pretty clearly guilty? I dont know, just my 2 cents.
I would appreciate others thoughts on whether it appears Mr. Millian is grasping at straws that aren't there and is just trying to create a doubt by great lawyering?
Thank you for your post and I agree with everything you have said. Good to see you here!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jackson44 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-24-2012, 06:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohiogirl View Post
I only wish they had somone other than Baden to testify against the ME. He proved to me that he will testify to anything in the Phil Spector trial, thus calling his testimony into question. He picked the wrong high profile trial to perjure himself, imo. Makes me question anything he has to say.
I had such great respect for Baden before the Spector trial. Then seeing and hearing him perjure himself, imo, on the witness stand during that trial just made me sick and destroyed every bit of that respect I had for him. I would have to see the evidence with my own eyes before I would ever believe anything Baden had to say about it.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Jackson44 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-24-2012, 07:14 AM

Whoops, I have to make a correction of something I said in kinetico55's post. I can't say that I believe Adam is guilty yet. I have to wait and see what the defense presents, but so far they haven't given me anything concrete to help me see what could have happened to cause this death. I am waiting to see a picture of her heart with all the scarring in it that the defense keeps talking about to help me form my opinion.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jackson44 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-24-2012, 08:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackson44 View Post
Whoops, I have to make a correction of something I said in kinetico55's post. I can't say that I believe Adam is guilty yet. I have to wait and see what the defense presents, but so far they haven't given me anything concrete to help me see what could have happened to cause this death. I am waiting to see a picture of her heart with all the scarring in it that the defense keeps talking about to help me form my opinion.
We have only heard mention of the heart, which at first was declared disease free. I doubt the slides show every area of the heart that could have been defective. I also have heard nothing about the brain. I remember from the CA trial that it is standard to open the skull and check the brain. Did they, and can they say with 100% certainty she didn't have a stroke or seizure? I am pretty sure it was mentioned she had a history of seizures. Sorry to be redundant, but I haven't heard anyone on CNN address this.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to CathyinTexas For This Useful Post:
Old 05-24-2012, 09:19 AM

I thought I read somewhere a certain percentage of people just die for no particular reason. On autopsy they never find out what happened. These can be otherwise young healthy people.

Again those marks on the neck are concerning. I dont know how many of these unexplained deaths had strange marks on the neck.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dizzychick For This Useful Post:
Old 05-24-2012, 09:49 AM

I wonder if the judge is watching the trial live stream. She is always looking at something.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to CathyinTexas For This Useful Post:
Old 05-24-2012, 10:05 AM

Watching the simulation . Seeing the head fell forward made me again wonder if she had a seizure.

I wonder if a seizure would draw muscle in the back in an arch like fashion pull the neck and head backwords?

I have seen the hands clench in odd ways and know of people have pulled muscles after one but I am not sure about back arching.

I would do a simulation but I dont know how.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Soulmagent For This Useful Post:
Old 05-24-2012, 10:09 AM

Can someone tell me if in the ME testimony he talked about the brain? Did they check the brain for stroke or seizure? I think the reason they have this assimilation is because they do not have forensic evidence that proves Adam killed Lina. If she had a stroke or specifically a seizure this assimilation could be totally wrong because bodies contort and move in strange ways. I also noticed that they seem to have the dummy sitting on the edge of the seat leaning forward. That wouldn't be correct if she was sitting in a normal position.
Old 05-24-2012, 10:11 AM

I hate how they are allowed to use simulations like this.

I think simulation should only be allowed to show something that has happened not something that may have or could have .

I have not heard anything about the brain but I think the defence will present something or at least question experts. The ME might have lost or not lost that evidence.
Old 05-24-2012, 10:12 AM

I get the opportunity to watch the trial today!!

I've been following along here and whatever updates I can find online and on HLN.
Old 05-24-2012, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~n/t~ View Post
I get the opportunity to watch the trial today!!

I've been following along here and whatever updates I can find online and on HLN.
I saw you were reading I am so glad you are watching!!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Soulmagent For This Useful Post:
Old 05-24-2012, 10:22 AM

The defense is making good points! He saying exactly what I thought. There is no way to know what she was doing when she fell. He is so right!
Old 05-24-2012, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CathyinTexas View Post
The defense is making good points! He saying exactly what I thought. There is no way to know what she was doing when she fell. He is so right!
I even caught myself questioning how they knew she was on the potty! Then I was like okay, come on self, you know she was on the potty.

Thats how good that bit worked.
Link

http://www.cnn.com/video/flashLive/live.html?stream=1
The Following User Says Thank You to Soulmagent For This Useful Post:
Old 05-24-2012, 10:36 AM

Headline tomorrow might read...

'' Abusive defence team wearing down prosecutions case.''
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Soulmagent For This Useful Post:
Old 05-24-2012, 10:37 AM

He has an excellent defense team but personally, if I was on the jury, I would be completely turned off with their attitudes in court.

Accusing this witness of laughing and making fun of the trial was wrong. They look desperate.

JMO!
Old 05-24-2012, 10:40 AM

I like the young prosecutor. We will probably see him in the future as a great defense attorney.
Old 05-24-2012, 10:47 AM

Defence moved to stike witness ,motion denied.

Defence feels the witness is using junk science due to his methods ,and not the actual science.
Old 05-24-2012, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CathyinTexas View Post
I like the young prosecutor. We will probably see him in the future as a great defense attorney.
Why do you think he will be a defense attorney?
Old 05-24-2012, 10:52 AM

IS making interesting point about Seth going on the stand.

Saying they jury might give Seths personality or persona to Adam because they look so much alike.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Soulmagent For This Useful Post:
Old 05-24-2012, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soulmagent View Post
Defence moved to stike witness ,motion denied.

Defence feels the witness is using junk science due to his methods ,and not the actual science.
I think this witness testimony hurt the defense and it shows on their faces, imo

The witness was excellent and I think the jury found him credible even though it was based on simulation. He said he tried every possible way for the impact to be on the neck versus face (over chin) and could not based on physics.

He was believable and credible, imo

Who are the accused parents/family members? Are they sitting right behind him? What about the victim's? Are they there?
Old 05-24-2012, 10:53 AM

I know we are getting an hour and a half lunch today so I am going to target then.
The Following User Says Thank You to Soulmagent For This Useful Post:
Old 05-24-2012, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soulmagent View Post
I know we are getting an hour and a half lunch today so I am going to target then.
What time is lunch?