Websleuths
Go Back   Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community > Missing!! > Missing Forum Discussion

Notices

Missing Forum Discussion This is the place for case discussion and opinion regarding those who are missing.


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1801  
Old 05-25-2012, 12:31 PM
gaetanosleuth408 gaetanosleuth408 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 110
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarx View Post
Many people don't get cards because there are a fair amount of employers who will terminate employment for having one. So, it can be safer for your job to get it illegally, makes sense huh, lol.
Not true.

It's confidential medical information and doesn't need to be disclosed, unless voluntarily. If your workplace requests the medical patient to submit a drug screen, and the substance shows up in the urine sample, the physician asks the patient/employee if he/she has a valid Doctors recommendation for the substance and if they do - the physician ignores the positive test for whatever substance and does not notify the employer.
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to gaetanosleuth408 For This Useful Post:
  #1802  
Old 05-25-2012, 12:33 PM
gaetanosleuth408 gaetanosleuth408 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 110
Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaB View Post
He'd be more likely to get bail if he had a job to go to. Being unemployed, why should they let him go home? What for? So he can go fishing?
He's not going to get out free of that cell under ANY circumstance. They did not offer bond because he's dangerous, and was possibly going to strike again. If he had a job to go to, they would have terminated him. He will never walk the streets again. And the world is a safer place for it.
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to gaetanosleuth408 For This Useful Post:
  #1803  
Old 05-25-2012, 12:33 PM
seattlechiquita's Avatar
seattlechiquita seattlechiquita is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Coffeelandia
Posts: 4,256
Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaB View Post
I disagree. I would not wish that on anyone. My daughter was molested as a child (grade school age) almost every day for 2 years. The perp is in jail and I don't believe there is a long enough sentence for him, but I know he is housed separately. As vile as what he did was, I would not want that (what you said) to happen to him. An eye for an eye and the world goes blind. I don't want him to ever hurt anyone else, but I don't want him assaulted either.

Unfortunately he is eligible for parole any day. Especially because of that, I am glad he was segregated. He went in a pedophile, he will be released a pedophile, but if he had been abused as you suggest, he'd be an ANGRY pedophile, and less likely to leave future victims alive.

ETA: MOO

You are a kind, loving woman.
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to seattlechiquita For This Useful Post:
  #1804  
Old 05-25-2012, 12:34 PM
GrainneDhu GrainneDhu is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 5,159
Quote:
Originally Posted by cluciano63 View Post
I totally have faith in LE and see no reason why they would hasten with the murder charge, when he could have been arrested just for the kidnapping, unless they are confident they can prove it. What would be the point? They could always have added the murder charge later, years later even, if she is eventually found.

But, that said, I do hope she is found prior to a trial; it is hard to know what a jury will do, and whether they family has come to accept that she is no alive by that time, which will be a necessity.

JMO
SBM

One good reason to charge with murder now is so that AGT gets a death penalty qualified attorney from the git-go.

If he was charged with some lesser charge and chose a lesser qualified attorney, then when the death penalty charge was added, there would be considerable delay while a death penalty qualified attorney was assigned, became acquainted with the file, conducted witness depositions all over again (which could be traumatic for Sierra's family), etc.

Because he is alleged to have kidnapped her, they have no need to prove intent. If the prosecutor can prove AGT was the abductor, then the homicide in the first degree charge is largely proven. No need to know for sure how she died because if she died while he was restricting her freedom of movement, that makes it homicide in the first degree automatically. No need to prove his state of mind.

I am not a lawyer, so I could be wrong about all of the above.

But if I am mostly correct, then I don't see any advantages to the prosecution in waiting to charge for murder.
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to GrainneDhu For This Useful Post:
  #1805  
Old 05-25-2012, 12:35 PM
dluke dluke is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Northern California
Posts: 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaB View Post
There are two sheds on opposing corners. IIRC, the one with the mattress is the OTHER shed. The one with the cactus also has MAYHEM spray painted on the side, and the cactus is growing around some large pipes that look like white PVC to me. And there are kitties. There is a SWM pond that was checked too.
Thanks! I didn't realize that wasnt the shed where the bag was found.
  #1806  
Old 05-25-2012, 12:36 PM
gaetanosleuth408 gaetanosleuth408 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 110
Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkiGreen View Post
The only problem I've got with the death penalty is that its not carried out faster. JMO
Agreed, in some cases. There should be a special "fast track" death penalty reserved for special cases IMO.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gaetanosleuth408 For This Useful Post:
  #1807  
Old 05-25-2012, 12:37 PM
GrainneDhu GrainneDhu is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 5,159
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDB View Post
Hey Salem it's morning
Shhhhhhh... she needs her sleep. It's a tough job keeping up with this rowdy bunch!
The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to GrainneDhu For This Useful Post:
  #1808  
Old 05-25-2012, 12:38 PM
jstwondering's Avatar
jstwondering jstwondering is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 257
Quote:
Originally Posted by mamacita View Post
"A tracking canine traced Sierra's scent from her house to a point approximately mid-way down her street, where the dog appeared to lose the scent".

So, it WASNT at the end of her driveway...

http://ftpcontent.worldnow.com/kion/...nt_of_fact.pdf
WOW. Just goes to show that we can discuss something until we are blue in the face, and we can base it on what we believe to be fact, and it is based on inaccurate info.
I'm pretty disappointed in the "statement of fact". Not a whole lot of evidence mentioned. I just pray that they have LOTS more than they are letting out.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to jstwondering For This Useful Post:
  #1809  
Old 05-25-2012, 12:40 PM
GrainneDhu GrainneDhu is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 5,159
Quote:
Originally Posted by mamamia54 View Post
Morning everyone, I had a difficult time sleeping last night thinking about the possibility of this body being Sierra. While I think that it's highly unlikely, for many reasons, I think they need to use this body as leverage against Antolin. If they told him, we found Sierra's body, now let's hear your story, I think maybe he would start to talk. Don't know what others think but I thought I would put it out there and just see. What do you think?
LE can lie to suspects (within certain bounds). However, it's a tool they have to use cautiously because once the suspect realises LE can lie, they are no longer as gullible again.

So it's basically a one occasion tool. They don't want to use it up in a way that isn't likely to be productive.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to GrainneDhu For This Useful Post:
  #1810  
Old 05-25-2012, 12:42 PM
dluke dluke is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Northern California
Posts: 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by mamamia54 View Post
If you live in a state where they have those cards, I think it wise to buy one because that would seem to me to be so much safer than going through a street dealer. I know I would do it.
The cards aren't purchased, it's a prescription from what I understand. A dr. signs off on it and they are eligible for a medical use card. They can also grow (I think up to 12) plants for personal use. Most people I know that have a card use it for that purpose actually.

I think its "safer" with regards to not getting a ticket (having less than 1 oz of marijuana is just a ticket in CA) or getting arrested. I think the only other difference is probably the variety of what they can buy at the clubs with a card. As a teen most people I knew who sold marijuana were harmless potheads themselves. Just my experience.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to dluke For This Useful Post:
  #1811  
Old 05-25-2012, 12:44 PM
sarx's Avatar
sarx sarx is offline
Verified Expert/Professional in SAR and K9SAR
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 5,727
Quote:
Originally Posted by gaetanosleuth408 View Post
Not true.

It's confidential medical information and doesn't need to be disclosed, unless voluntarily. If your workplace requests the medical patient to submit a drug screen, and the substance shows up in the urine sample, the physician asks the patient/employee if he/she has a valid Doctors recommendation for the substance and if they do - the physician ignores the positive test for whatever substance and does not notify the employer.
I know people personally that this has been an issue for, so it is very true. There are many jobs that require you to disclose medications you are on for safety reasons, this falls under this.
__________________
www.4themissing.net
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to sarx For This Useful Post:
  #1812  
Old 05-25-2012, 12:45 PM
dluke dluke is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Northern California
Posts: 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeginnersLuck View Post
That's what I have been thinking. For some reason I can't get lip gloss out of my mind.

If her purse dumped (my does all the time) then it is possible something got left in the vehicle.

Would he be so "bold" as to not clean it out afterwords?
I can't tell you how often I have found my chapstick, a pen, lipgloss, an earring etc. in the cracks of my seats or under my seats. It was be so easy for that to happen and be missed in the car. A guy wouldn't even think about that IMO, and probably would have no idea something of hers was there. I hope they found something hers hidden in his car.
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to dluke For This Useful Post:
  #1813  
Old 05-25-2012, 12:52 PM
IHAVENOCLUE's Avatar
IHAVENOCLUE IHAVENOCLUE is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 18,199
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fashionista_Gal View Post
If Sierra has indeed passed, then I hope they DO have video of him driving on her street. They are going to need as much evidence as possible. I worry how this trial would go without a body. I really hope they evidence they have is strong enough. A video of him on her street would be pretty damning.

Here's a question, remember how the neighbor said something along the lines of "trust me, her family had nothing to do with this"? What do you think she meant by that? Do you think maybe she saw the red jetta or maybe knows someone else on the street has a video of the car driving by on the street?

BBM

This is where my thinking led me, too!

JMO
The Following User Says Thank You to IHAVENOCLUE For This Useful Post:
  #1814  
Old 05-25-2012, 12:52 PM
GrainneDhu GrainneDhu is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 5,159
Quote:
Originally Posted by mck16 View Post
Thank you. I asked the question and then promptly went to bed. I saw a show on ID Discovery the other day. The police were investigating the disappearance of a young boy. They thought he had been murdered, but as it turned out he had gone after his dog that had fallen in the river. He got swept away and he was caught in the whirlpool at the base of the small dam. They found him there and ruled his death accidental. I had just never heard the word weir, but from your description that is what I thought it was. Are you from U.S.? Thanks again. I learned a new word.
I was born in the USA but my father is Korean and my mother was English (both of them were legal immigrants and became naturalised citizens). So I was raised in 3 cultures and understand none of them fully.

I've been told before that I have an odd way of writing.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to GrainneDhu For This Useful Post:
  #1815  
Old 05-25-2012, 12:53 PM
dluke dluke is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Northern California
Posts: 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaB View Post
I disagree. I would not wish that on anyone. My daughter was molested as a child (grade school age) almost every day for 2 years. The perp is in jail and I don't believe there is a long enough sentence for him, but I know he is housed separately. As vile as what he did was, I would not want that (what you said) to happen to him. An eye for an eye and the world goes blind. I don't want him to ever hurt anyone else, but I don't want him assaulted either.

Unfortunately he is eligible for parole any day. Especially because of that, I am glad he was segregated. He went in a pedophile, he will be released a pedophile, but if he had been abused as you suggest, he'd be an ANGRY pedophile, and less likely to leave future victims alive.

ETA: MOO
Really good point about when he comes out, I hadn't considered that. That is the part that may make me reconsider my statement - thank you! I am so sorry your daughter and family had to go through that - it is horrible.

My nephew was repeatedly brutally assaulted by a foster child (teen) of a family member for several months when he was 7 yrs old during custodial visitations. We do not know what happened with the teen because the was whisked away right when it happened and we have not been able to get information (not sure what his mom knows but she hasn't shared that she was given any info). It's been horrible to think he may be out there harming other kids. Sidenote - my nephew is now 10 and doing amazingly well - with lots of counseling and attention. We have faith he will overcome what he has been through with love, prayer, and support. I'm just so afraid of this predator victimizing other kids.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to dluke For This Useful Post:
  #1816  
Old 05-25-2012, 12:54 PM
gaetanosleuth408 gaetanosleuth408 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 110
Quote:
Originally Posted by jstwondering View Post
WOW. Just goes to show that we can discuss something until we are blue in the face, and we can base it on what we believe to be fact, and it is based on inaccurate info.
I'm pretty disappointed in the "statement of fact". Not a whole lot of evidence mentioned. I just pray that they have LOTS more than they are letting out.
I caught that too... wonder where ATG could have been lurking "half-way" down her street? Where would he have parked the car???
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to gaetanosleuth408 For This Useful Post:
  #1817  
Old 05-25-2012, 12:55 PM
Eileen730's Avatar
Eileen730 Eileen730 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: SouthWest Florida
Posts: 11,992
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeginnersLuck View Post
Yes, I agree. But her friends may not and typically they try to keep shocking details from the public if they can, even if most may believe this is what happened.

Even if the parents know, it is a private thing that you wouldn't want plastered all over national tv about your daughter.
Nothing is private about a murdered child!
the parents know believe me....
National TV is what is trying to find her....
Sierra did nothing wrong why wouldnt you want TV to tell her story about what happend to her!

Her friends are kids young kids they know she isnt comming back.
they type on twitter that they dont think he is dead but they know its wishfull thinking!

Its been way to long and these kids know!
Parents have spoken to them...

they need to find her and have a service for her
The Following User Says Thank You to Eileen730 For This Useful Post:
  #1818  
Old 05-25-2012, 12:56 PM
IHAVENOCLUE's Avatar
IHAVENOCLUE IHAVENOCLUE is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 18,199
Quote:
Originally Posted by chewygooey View Post
ive never heard this. its medical information so it is kept CONFIDENTIAL and theres no way for your employer to know you have one unless you disclose it.


anyway, back to the case at hand. im a newbie and this is my first post btw

several things;

i wonder if AGT was a drug dealer, or someone she might have seen at a party. i wonder if she got in the car willingly. he looks harmless enough.

also, it feels like the state doesnt have enough evidence..but theyre charging him with MURDER. they have stated they dont have blood, dont have a murder weapon...what could they possibly have that indicates murder? kidnapping, yes. is it simply the fact that shes nowhere to be found and there is evidence that the 2 had contact?

im thinking some of the dna evidence must point to a sexual assault, and they are inferring murder based on that. and the fact that the clothes she was wearing that morning were found.

i really hope they have more than that , that substantiates the murder claim. we also saw casey anthony get away because of "reasonable" doubt. for them to risk it, and have double jeopardy attatched...they must be desperate, stupid, or holding back bombshell evidence. and thats what im wondering about..what else could possibly point to murder , that isnt blood or a murder weapon? in my opinion, it should be more than circumstantial if they are charging him with murder.

as an aside, i have a feeling he will deal for the location of her body.especially if they do have more evidence that he sees during discovery.
Welcome Chewygooey... and all the other New Sleuthers we may have missed!

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to IHAVENOCLUE For This Useful Post:
  #1819  
Old 05-25-2012, 12:56 PM
gaetanosleuth408 gaetanosleuth408 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 110
The red jetta showed up on multiple surveillance cameras. Including a neighbor who went back and looked at the day she went missing between 7am and 720am, and saw it. He notified police and police took the whole tape.
  #1820  
Old 05-25-2012, 12:57 PM
chewygooey chewygooey is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: monterey CA
Posts: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarx View Post
I know people personally that this has been an issue for, so it is very true. There are many jobs that require you to disclose medications you are on for safety reasons, this falls under this.


its not the fact they had a medicinal marijuana card. its the fact they were taking marijuana. im assuming they wouldve also had to blood test?

this may be a little off topic, but PLEASE , if you are going to smoke marijuana and your state allows it GET A CARD. it IS safer. a lot of dumb highschool kids sell weed, sure, but so do a lot of hardened criminals.

the ONLY way anyone will know you have a MM card is if YOU disclose it. so in the interest of harm reduction, you should probably stop talking against the cards. they are indeed a much better alternative for pot smokers.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to chewygooey For This Useful Post:
  #1821  
Old 05-25-2012, 12:57 PM
EGirl's Avatar
EGirl EGirl is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: San Antonio
Posts: 1,952
Quote:
Originally Posted by gaetanosleuth408 View Post
Not true.

It's confidential medical information and doesn't need to be disclosed, unless voluntarily. If your workplace requests the medical patient to submit a drug screen, and the substance shows up in the urine sample, the physician asks the patient/employee if he/she has a valid Doctors recommendation for the substance and if they do - the physician ignores the positive test for whatever substance and does not notify the employer.
I'd like to see a link for this.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to EGirl For This Useful Post:
  #1822  
Old 05-25-2012, 12:58 PM
GrainneDhu GrainneDhu is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 5,159
Quote:
Originally Posted by thevineyarder View Post
I hate to bring this up but if and when they do find her body, how will they be able to prove rape (if it did occur)? Does anyone know how they go about doing that?
I am not a lawyer and I may well be wrong!

I don't think they have to prove rape. If they prove he abducted her and that she died while he was preventing her from leaving, that's kidnapping and murder in the first degree (with aggravation, to boot).

A rape charge would be a lower level charge and the punishment, if convicted, would be less than the death penalty or life without parole, the two choices for murder in the first degree with aggravating circumstances.

I don't think there is any point to trying to prove rape unless the evidence they uncover in the investigation already points that way.

If the jury believes AGT abducted and then killed Sierra, I think they can use their common sense to figure out why he did so.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to GrainneDhu For This Useful Post:
  #1823  
Old 05-25-2012, 12:59 PM
chewygooey chewygooey is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: monterey CA
Posts: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by gaetanosleuth408 View Post
The red jetta showed up on multiple surveillance cameras. Including a neighbor who went back and looked at the day she went missing between 7am and 720am, and saw it. He notified police and police took the whole tape.

id like to see those videos...where were they recorded from? traffic cams or private security cameras?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to chewygooey For This Useful Post:
  #1824  
Old 05-25-2012, 12:59 PM
IHAVENOCLUE's Avatar
IHAVENOCLUE IHAVENOCLUE is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 18,199
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbmama11 View Post
Wow! Female adult, painted nails, homicide!

As another poster stated previously....

This may be a new case here on WS!
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to IHAVENOCLUE For This Useful Post:
  #1825  
Old 05-25-2012, 01:01 PM
Lera213's Avatar
Lera213 Lera213 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 7,111
I just got home from the hospital, upper respitory infection, on steroids, z-pak, inhaler and stuff...So any word on the body?
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Lera213 For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
CA CA - Sierra Lamar, 15, Santa Clara County, 16 March 2012 **arrest** - #19 bessie Missing Forum Discussion 1108 01-15-2013 07:48 PM
CA CA - Sierra Lamar, 15, Santa Clara County, 16 March 2012 **arrest** - #18 bessie Missing Forum Discussion 1068 05-31-2012 10:16 PM
CA CA - Sierra Lamar, 15, Santa Clara County, 16 March 2012 **arrest** - #16 bessie Missing Forum Discussion 1183 05-23-2012 12:37 AM
CA CA - Sierra Lamar, 15, Santa Clara County, 16 March 2012**arrest**- #15 bessie Missing Forum Discussion 800 05-22-2012 09:25 AM
CA CA - Sierra LaMar, 15, Santa Clara County, 16 March 2012 - #2 SheWhoMustNotBeNamed Missing Forum Discussion 873 03-24-2012 01:51 PM


© Copyright Websleuths 1999-2012 New To Site? Need Help?
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:23 PM.

Advertisements

Pre-Order Imperfect Justice: Prosecuting Casey Anthony today!