Websleuths
Go Back   Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community > Current Events > Crimes in the News

Notices

Crimes in the News Read and comment about current crimes committed. Remember the copyright laws when posting news stories!

Old 05-27-2012, 10:15 PM
These boys are my heartstrings!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wfgodot View Post
I just looked at all of the photos and BOTH men are definitely naked.

WTF????

I really miss The Walking Dead and the new season doesn't start til October but this is too much.

I can't wait until the tox reports come back. i want to know what that man was on.
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Lovejac For This Useful Post:
Old 05-27-2012, 10:24 PM
chien méchant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovejac View Post
I can't wait until the tox reports come back. i want to know what that man was on.
Me too. The early buzz is "cocaine intoxication" but this sounds ever so like PCP to me.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to wfgodot For This Useful Post:
Old 05-27-2012, 11:05 PM

Just got home here from holiday celebrations. Word on the streets here is that the victime was a homeless man (no idea on why he was naked). Yes, it is cocaine phycosis (sp?). Only in South Florid-duh. I can't imagine what the poor people caught in that traffic were thinking. OMG - can you imagine seeing something like this?

Jokes are flying about zombie weekend.

What in the world? Think about this - trying to "chew" on someone's face. The amount of strength it would take to "take a bite and pull" on someone's face. Ugh!!!!

Just horrible. We should get some more about this on Tuesday. They're all busy with Urban Weekend for now.

Victim is in intensive care. Wow. That's all I have for now is just WOW.
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Wise Old Owl For This Useful Post:
Old 05-27-2012, 11:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reality Orlando View Post
I can't believe some of the comments on various sites are dogging police for shooting the guy. Wow. He was eating someone's face off. I think the cops did exactly what they should have.
Me too. Plus we do not have to worry about him getting day passes to walk to the park .

Unless it really is the Zombie apocalypse.
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Soulmagent For This Useful Post:
Old 05-27-2012, 11:19 PM
chien méchant

The guy who cut a fellow passenger's head off and then proceeded to cannibalize the remains while on a Canadian bus a few years back was in the news recently - whether or not to let him leave the mental hospital's grounds for a walk, accompanied by a nurse and peace officer - so this story was not as shocking to me as it rightly should have been.

Still, any "eating face off" headline is an eye-catcher, however.
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to wfgodot For This Useful Post:
Old 05-27-2012, 11:19 PM

Quote:
Aguilar said the officer saw what the man was doing, and ordered him to stop. He said the man growled at the officer, and then returned to his meal.

Aguilar said the man ate his victim’s nose and eyeballs. The officer then used his service weapon and shot the man, Aguilar said, but the gunshot had no effect.

http://miami.cbslocal.com/2012/05/26...1-dead-1-hurt/
The surveillance video runs for nearly 5 minutes presumably after the one on the left was shot dead. No medics appear to help the victim, seems like the police and the medics are trying to avoid the mess? The video is pretty dull until the last part where the victim is obviously moving, bloody and appearing to try to sit/stand up yet still not getting any help?

Last edited by Sonya610; 05-27-2012 at 11:36 PM.
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Sonya610 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-27-2012, 11:59 PM

This crime is just so bizarre. I mean...besides the fact that someone tried to eat the face off of another - why were they BOTH naked? Obviously, the attacker was crazed out, on drugs, etc. but did he just happened to come upon another naked man and decided to attack him? I think I read upthread that the victim was thought to be a homeless guy who was sleeping on the side of the road. He was naked, too?
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Gypsy Road For This Useful Post:
Old 05-28-2012, 12:08 AM

Yep gypsy - that's what is buggin' me. Why were BOTH naked? That tells me that they knew each other. Its just so bizarre. I read where the victim lost 75% of his face. That is horrific.
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Wise Old Owl For This Useful Post:
Old 05-28-2012, 01:18 AM
Verified Aquaculturalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonya610 View Post
The surveillance video runs for nearly 5 minutes presumably after the one on the left was shot dead. No medics appear to help the victim, seems like the police and the medics are trying to avoid the mess? The video is pretty dull until the last part where the victim is obviously moving, bloody and appearing to try to sit/stand up yet still not getting any help?
It looks to me that someone is there with the victim. You can see shadows to the right when he sits up. My guess is they are trying to get him to lie down until they can get a stretcher to transport him? I don't even know what you do to help a naked guy whose nose and eyeballs were just eaten by another guy who was shot several times by police. What a nightmare.

I hate when this happens.

"Life is life's greatest gift. Guard the life of another creature as you would your own because it is your own. On life's scale of values, the smallest is no less precious to the creature who owns it than the largest..." Lloyd Biggle, Jr.

Let's bring Michelle Parker home: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...ichelle+parker

All statements made by me are based on my opinion.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Reality Orlando For This Useful Post:
Old 05-28-2012, 01:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wfgodot View Post
The guy who cut a fellow passenger's head off and then proceeded to cannibalize the remains while on a Canadian bus a few years back was in the news recently - whether or not to let him leave the mental hospital's grounds for a walk, accompanied by a nurse and peace officer - so this story was not as shocking to me as it rightly should have been.

Still, any "eating face off" headline is an eye-catcher, however.
There's a thread on the Canadian cannibal who carved up the passenger on the bus. They think he's "cured" now and are going to let him take a stroll around town. Can you believe it?!

Horrific Bus Incident (Canada) Passenger Beheaded - Page 7 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Insanity all around.
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to JoeFromLB For This Useful Post:
Old 05-28-2012, 01:52 AM

Yea....I just saw that! That Canadian cannibal does not need to be strolling around town!

I'm wondering if the dead guy and the victim in this case have even been identified yet? Both were naked, and I assume they had no I.D. on them. I wonder if the news will follow up with this story. I am very curious if these two knew each other and how and why this bizarre crime happened.
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Gypsy Road For This Useful Post:
Old 05-28-2012, 03:02 AM
KICKING AND SHINING

This is just a guess mind ya. Even if the victim was homeless Mr. Rakshsa there may have asked the homeless guy to partake in some of whatever he was having. Either the victim then had to take off his own clothing or did so voluntarily and without any drug in him and there you have it.

Man, someone growling at ya eating eyeballs and a persons head is just too out there.

Cocaine psychosis? I've seen crack addicts do some insane things, and I've seen crystal meth addicts do some insane things, but no eating of other human beings. However, once on TV I saw this guy in Philly smash the cop car window on live TV mind ya and wiggle out. A huge guy. Not like ya see on COPS, but he was like some Super Hero the way he got out.

What if he wasn't on drugs and they both decided to hook up? What if he is a Rakshasa? Or a zombie? Who knows?
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Filly For This Useful Post:
Old 05-28-2012, 05:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypsy Road View Post
This crime is just so bizarre. I mean...besides the fact that someone tried to eat the face off of another - why were they BOTH naked? Obviously, the attacker was crazed out, on drugs, etc. but did he just happened to come upon another naked man and decided to attack him? I think I read upthread that the victim was thought to be a homeless guy who was sleeping on the side of the road. He was naked, too?
Obviously the victim was knocked out or something for this face eating business to have occurred, I would guess the victim was probably stripped by the attacker as well.

On the news sites some commenters are saying they want the cop in jail for shooting the guy!!!! Holy sheesh, when that attacker looked up and "growled" at the officer with his bloody mouth you know that cop had to freak out! I would love to hear what the police radio transmissions were saying about this as it occurred, and what the cops said to each other at the scene.
Old 05-28-2012, 06:08 AM

I wondered how the newspaper got that footage so darn fast. Turns out this happened right outside the Miami Herald paper headquarters. They must have heard about it and then scampered over to the security cameras.

Looks like they had a PTZ camera (Pan/Tilt/Zoom) outside of the building which is unusual for a parking lot, those cameras are expensive. If that cement thing hadn't been in the way the whole bloody scene probably would have been released.
Old 05-28-2012, 11:22 AM
chien méchant

Tabloid headline writers (a job I covet) having a heyday with this one; this is from the NY Daily News's front page online:

He had flesh in his mouth and growled: Witness recalls face-eating horror
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to wfgodot For This Useful Post:
Old 05-28-2012, 12:02 PM
Verified Attorney

I saw this Tampa Bay Tribune article

http://www.tampabay.com/news/publics...attack/1232407
first thing this am and checked the date for April 1 and made sure it was a real newspaper etc and then came here! Should have known you guys would be on it.

I have 14 yr old twin boys and so I have developed a "taste" for the Walking Dead and zombie genre in general but geez I always KNEW it couldn't really happen. So, did they have to shoot the eater in the head to kill him? The good news is the eater guy was still human so we may be safe...for a while! I know I'll be watching for any similar incidents...

Maybe the CDC stuff WASN'T a joke!

Quote:
There are all kinds of emergencies out there that we can prepare for. Take a zombie apocalypse for example. That’s right, I said z-o-m-b-i-e a-p-o-c-a-l-y-p-s-e. You may laugh now, but when it happens you’ll be happy you read this, and hey, maybe you’ll even learn a thing or two about how to prepare for a real emergency.
http://blogs.cdc.gov/publichealthmat...ie-apocalypse/

People are actually upset that the police shot the guy...what is their preferred method of dealing with crazed face eaters-kind of obvious that a rational approach won't be effective.

BOYTWNMOM
Quote:
Three things cannot long be hidden the sun, the moon, and the truth. -Confucious
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Boytwnmom For This Useful Post:
Old 05-28-2012, 12:18 PM

On the noon news here - the guy did not get the victim's eyeballs. He tried to gouge his eyes out but didn't succeed. The victim is touch and go and may not make it.

As for the reasons - today they are saying it was an overdose of LSD - not cocaine. I'm sure they will know a whole lot more once the ME gets done with the autopsy.

And yes, people down here are upset that the cop killed the guy! Really? I can't imagine. Cop shot him 4 times because the guy wouldn't stop - even after being shot the first time.

I'm watching down here for any news and I'll let ya'll know when I hear something. They haven't released ID's of either one yet - but I can bet they know who they are.
The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to Wise Old Owl For This Useful Post:
Old 05-28-2012, 12:52 PM
dr dona

Heck--if I was the cop i would have shot him!!!!!! So, citizens lay off the cop---he'll probably need therapy anyway!!!
Old 05-28-2012, 01:04 PM

Thanks so much for the update, Wise Old Owl. Aw, that poor victim...I hope he makes it! Thank goodness he still has his eyes, and I hope they aren't too badly damaged and that he will be able to see if he does indeed make it.

I can't believe that some people don't believe that shooting the attacker wasn't justified! I'm sure if they had been the victim and having their face eaten off they would have wanted the police to shoot the attacker! SHEESH! I don't understand people sometimes!
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Gypsy Road For This Useful Post:
Old 05-28-2012, 01:17 PM

The cop could have been the next victim of this maniac. He did exactly the right thing. He should be given a medal.
Old 05-28-2012, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeFromLB View Post
The cop could have been the next victim of this maniac. He did exactly the right thing. He should be given a medal.
I agree!!!
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Gypsy Road For This Useful Post:
Old 05-28-2012, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeFromLB View Post
Not sure he should be given a medal, he just did what any sane person holding a firearm would do when faced with that situation.

Kill it.

Why it took so darn long for the EMT's to render aid....yes that is documented...it apparently took them quite a while....is a whole other story.
Old 05-28-2012, 01:37 PM
Retired WS Staff

Quote:
I wondered how the newspaper got that footage so darn fast. Turns out this happened right outside the Miami Herald paper headquarters. They must have heard about it and then scampered over to the security cameras.

Looks like they had a PTZ camera (Pan/Tilt/Zoom) outside of the building which is unusual for a parking lot, those cameras are expensive. If that cement thing hadn't been in the way the whole bloody scene probably would have been released.
Yes, it happened right outside the Herald office. Their main building is on the corner of Biscayne Blvd. and the off-ramp of the causeway. I'm sure they were thrilled such news was happening right outside their windows

I shouldn't be surprised, but I am disappointed that they chose to release the video and pics.
Old 05-28-2012, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by daisy7 View Post
I shouldn't be surprised, but I am disappointed that they chose to release the video and pics.
Why?

Because reality is too much for Americans? Americans can go to war, but the pics of the causalities are out of bounds. Americans can come home from war in caskets, but the pics of those caskets are out of bounds. Americans can kill each other every day in the most brutal ways? But the pics of the victims are out of bounds.

Why are the photos a problem? Oh. We live in a safe and sanitized society where pictures of those events are not shown. The events happen and most of us know it but they are NEVER shown. I forgot. We live in a safe society and those pictures are a crime and just downright offensive.

The guy that got his face eaten off doesn't give a darn about the photos or video, he wants his face and senses back, he wants the pain to stop. The real victims honestly don't care about the obscure unidentifiable photos that get released...they also don't care about offending the sensibilities of others. They have bigger problems to deal with.

Last edited by Sonya610; 05-28-2012 at 02:14 PM.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Sonya610 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-28-2012, 03:08 PM

Quote:
Why?

Because reality is too much for Americans? Americans can go to war, but the pics of the causalities are out of bounds. Americans can come home from war in caskets, but the pics of those caskets are out of bounds. Americans can kill each other every day in the most brutal ways? But the pics of the victims are out of bounds.

Why are the photos a problem? Oh. We live in a safe and sanitized society where pictures of those events are not shown. The events happen and most of us know it but they are NEVER shown. I forgot. We live in a safe society and those pictures are a crime and just downright offensive.

The guy that got his face eaten off doesn't give a darn about the photos or video, he wants his face and senses back, he wants the pain to stop. The real victims honestly don't care about the obscure unidentifiable photos that get released...they also don't care about offending the sensibilities of others. They have bigger problems to deal with.
Since I am often pressed for time, I will eat my breakfast in front of my pc, while reading certain news and political forums. Some posters on one of my favorite political forums have taken to using pictures of that guy who got eaten alive by a bear as a metaphor for denying reality (that is, the guy actually believed that he could be "friends" with bears). A verbal description is not intolerable, but those photos will make you sick.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Walker For This Useful Post: