Websleuths
Go Back   Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community > Featured Case Discussion > Hot Cases > Allison Baden-Clay of Australia > Allison Baden-Clay General Discussion Threads

Notices


 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #876  
Old 05-31-2012, 02:12 AM
Amee's Avatar
Amee Amee is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: City of Churches
Posts: 1,168
Educational Background

1988 - 1990
B.Bus Accounting, Computing - University of Southern Queensland

http://www.yatedo.me/p/gerard+baden-...455714b077cea3
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Amee For This Useful Post:
  #877  
Old 05-31-2012, 02:14 AM
Fuskier Fuskier is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: AU
Posts: 2,482
Quote:
Originally Posted by zookyliz View Post
She just said that the dog was running down to the fence - the area that backs onto the BC house. It was dark though and she's older (but switched on) and so she didn't go down there to investigate. It's only a small dog, gets yappy when it hears things but otherwise it's a lapdog type of pet. But it's quite bushy between the two houses so she assumed the dog was going after a bush turkey or something, but when the other neighbours told her that they heard an argument she put two and two together.
ZOOKYLIZ: Thanks for that information. Could you ask the neighbour what time this happened? Was she letting the dog out for routine toileting? Did she let the dog out because it was going berserk? Does she know what time of the evening this happened?
Could be important to this case.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Fuskier For This Useful Post:
  #878  
Old 05-31-2012, 02:17 AM
squizzey1's Avatar
squizzey1 squizzey1 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 584
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaseClosed View Post
At this stage, any method is feasible, however I am inclined to believe that it may have been some sort of trauma to the head during DV. Obviously, she was not medicated or poisoned, but we just have to keep speculating until the police released the COD. IMO and speculating only.
yeh but seems to be alot of QPS interest in whether she had marks on her neck or not when she was at the hairdresser. questioned witness told my informant 2 weeks ago she was strangled. just putting it up there.MOO
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to squizzey1 For This Useful Post:
  #879  
Old 05-31-2012, 02:18 AM
CaseClosed's Avatar
CaseClosed CaseClosed is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Brisbane, Australia
Posts: 2,427
Quote:
Originally Posted by squizzey1 View Post
they would have been wiped before he engaged the lawyer. i am sure QPS took computers before he cot the lawyer.
I know, but I was responding to a comment by Pugsandfrogs regarding legal advise to delete computer data. Pugs comments relate to another rumour that indicated the husband may have had legal advise before QPS arrived at the house, but we don't know if that is true.
__________________
*** The above comment is my personal opinion and may be based on known facts or just my imagination ***
The Following User Says Thank You to CaseClosed For This Useful Post:
  #880  
Old 05-31-2012, 02:18 AM
Mani's Avatar
Mani Mani is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Australlia
Posts: 1,002
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnfoldingTruth View Post
I am not sure what you are differing on? I said I was unsure if stuff could be retrieved after it had been wiped. I know if the average Jo Blow just deletes stuff- its not gone and easily recovered. I was not sure if you are a tech wizz whether there is a way to completely wipe with no trace I thought there may be, but, In any case I think QPS would have access to experts to be able to do any of that if its possible(retrieve).
Quote:
But I believe- and am no expert, that it is possible to wipe and have no trace of it..if you know how
.

This is what I was begging to differ on UT, as I thought a trace was left behind and it could be traced by some IT folk who charge a lot of money per hour to retrieve it. This is my understanding.

However, Indromum has posted that in the Sica case, the QPS could not retrieve the data he deleted from his computer.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mani For This Useful Post:
  #881  
Old 05-31-2012, 02:18 AM
Fuskier Fuskier is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: AU
Posts: 2,482
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnfoldingTruth View Post
Hey zookyliz, thanks for your posts. Don't take it to heart if people dissect them if they are hearsay. Most people are here to find out what happened. As you can appreciate it is hard to make heads nor tails of so much local gossip and hearsay and so people will tend to question things to work out if this is something to take note of in their mind or dismiss/put it to the back of their mind. Facts are different and are things that can be verified, but admittedly there are not too many we know from this case yet.
UNFOLDING TRUTH: Thanks for explaining that information. It is helpful to know that we sleuthers are merely questioning, for the purpose of exactly what you say there.
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Fuskier For This Useful Post:
  #882  
Old 05-31-2012, 02:20 AM
UnfoldingTruth's Avatar
UnfoldingTruth UnfoldingTruth is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Outerspace
Posts: 1,708
Quote:
Originally Posted by squizzey1 View Post
they would have been wiped before he engaged the lawyer. i am sure QPS took computers before he cot the lawyer.
Don't know, lol..he was pretty darn quick on that.. had the lawyer the day Allison was reported missing.
__________________
MOO!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to UnfoldingTruth For This Useful Post:
  #883  
Old 05-31-2012, 02:21 AM
marlywings's Avatar
marlywings marlywings is offline
WS Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Under the Southern Cross
Posts: 8,658
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraMars View Post
I'm not really buying into the police possibly turning up earlier than reported (either earlier Thursday night or even Wednesday night) due to call about possible DV, mainly because IF they had, and IF GBC is the main perp, he's surely not going to kill Allison a day or so later and think he could get away with it?

And IF it was some random killer, that would just seem way too much of a coincidence that she would be murdered a day after her husband has been questioned by police.

JMO though.
Some think they can get away with murder...police have to prove them wrong.

So many crims have loads of "history" & still keep on committing crimes.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to marlywings For This Useful Post:
  #884  
Old 05-31-2012, 02:21 AM
CaseClosed's Avatar
CaseClosed CaseClosed is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Brisbane, Australia
Posts: 2,427
Quote:
Originally Posted by squizzey1 View Post
yeh but seems to be alot of QPS interest in whether she had marks on her neck or not when she was at the hairdresser. questioned witness told my informant 2 weeks ago she was strangled. just putting it up there.MOO
I know a poster indicated QPS went back to the hairdressers after the body was found and asked about any marks, etc. That could just be standard to establish if there was any previous domestic violence. Yes, she could have been strangled.
__________________
*** The above comment is my personal opinion and may be based on known facts or just my imagination ***
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to CaseClosed For This Useful Post:
  #885  
Old 05-31-2012, 02:21 AM
itsthevibe's Avatar
itsthevibe itsthevibe is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Brisbane, Australia
Posts: 585
Quote:
Originally Posted by squizzey1 View Post
it was in that timeframe that witness saw BC senior at bus shelter at roundabout and stopped and checked if he was ok apparently about 10.30.
I thought I recalled that when someone came on and posted about the NBC at bus shelter thing, they said it was at 4am. I may have this wrong, but wouldn't know where to find it now as it was a post buried within a thread somewhere - maybe thread #7 or 8? It was just after the Police did tests, and had a post at the Kenmore Roundabout, within the week or so after that.

I remember thinking "4am - very late and unusual to be out at that time sitting in a bus shelter."

Last edited by itsthevibe; 05-31-2012 at 02:32 AM. Reason: clarity - adding in 'Kenmore'
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to itsthevibe For This Useful Post:
  #886  
Old 05-31-2012, 02:23 AM
squizzey1's Avatar
squizzey1 squizzey1 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 584
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaseClosed View Post
I know, but I was responding to a comment by Pugsandfrogs regarding legal advise to delete computer data. Pugs comments relate to another rumour that indicated the husband may have had legal advise before QPS arrived at the house, but we don't know if that is true.
sorry missed that one of Pugs
The Following User Says Thank You to squizzey1 For This Useful Post:
  #887  
Old 05-31-2012, 02:29 AM
CaseClosed's Avatar
CaseClosed CaseClosed is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Brisbane, Australia
Posts: 2,427
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amee View Post
Educational Background

1988 - 1990
B.Bus Accounting, Computing - University of Southern Queensland

http://www.yatedo.me/p/gerard+baden-...455714b077cea3
FYI there was a question some weeks ago whether he had actually completed this degree (someone with contacts at KPMG explained that he failed some exams and couldn't continue at KPMG because of that).
__________________
*** The above comment is my personal opinion and may be based on known facts or just my imagination ***
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to CaseClosed For This Useful Post:
  #888  
Old 05-31-2012, 02:30 AM
Indromum's Avatar
Indromum Indromum is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 244
Quote:
Originally Posted by marlywings View Post
Thanks Marly...computer expert states the Cyber Scrub program had been running from 8.30pm till when they took possession of computer the next afternoon - and this was in 2003 - I imagine these type of programs are far more sophisticated now.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Indromum For This Useful Post:
  #889  
Old 05-31-2012, 02:30 AM
itsthevibe's Avatar
itsthevibe itsthevibe is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Brisbane, Australia
Posts: 585
Quote:
Originally Posted by ynotdivein View Post
Shamelessly bumping my own post here.

Look, you all have gathered a TON of facts & spent a lot of time thinking about this case. We don't want that collected understanding to go to waste.

The first link I posted above is to Allison's timeline thread. Anyone who is able and willing can compile the knowns about her case and add it to that thread, with the appropriate links. Having everything factual in one place will help us out immeasurably if and when this comes to trial, so it's a worthwhile endeavor even though that thread isn't getting lots of hits right now.

The second link above (which goes to Michelle Parker's case out of Florida USA) is to a sample of how we can track theories here at WS without rancor, in a case where discussion can get testy at times.

Just offering these as examples of what might work well for Allison's case. Differences aside, it's clear to me that all the posters here care deeply about Allison, her children, and the pursuit of justice.

That is all.
Fantastic idea - i actually thought of this ages ago and wanted to do it myself but i simply don't have time. It would help so much because we could track theories legitimately and then mark them off if they were verified or not.

Could we include rumours within these theories as long as we stated they were rumours, and then mark off if they became verified or ruled out? I mean, as an example, way back when someone posted that a close friend was a hairdresser at a local salon, and that Allison had been there on the Thursday night, most of us felt it was true as it fitted into everything. She stated that Allison had mentioned about the conference and sleepover, and that all of the staff had been interviewed by police, and in the end it all turned out to be correct. People did come up with theories which included those things, and it was helpful.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to itsthevibe For This Useful Post:
  #890  
Old 05-31-2012, 02:30 AM
Fuskier Fuskier is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: AU
Posts: 2,482
Quote:
Originally Posted by mum73 View Post
I do not agree that police attending the night before would necessarily lead to GBC's immediate arrest (note: IF they did in fact attend). The poster did not allude to who called the police, or for what reason.
Neighbours may have called the police after hearing a loud argument (and an argument was mentioned in early media reports). This would not necessarily mean that there was violence involved. Nor does it mean that it was GBC was the one causing the most commotion. Let us not forget that ABC was the one in this relationship that had the most reason to be aggrieved.
It has been mentioned by several posters that GBC had scratches BEFORE that fatal night. IMO, I'm seeing a "battered husband" defence.

PS There is software available to effectively "ghost" a hard drive (I used to work for a Government Department, and we did this to PC's before donating them to schools etc. However, I do not believe this happened in this case.
MUM73: If the husband had scratches on him, we don't know who put them there. It is possible they were gained in a family violence episode with Allison. It is also possible that somebody else put them there, either a girlfriend, another lover, or an accomplice put them there. They needed to be seen by a forensic Doctor with more indepth knowledge about scratches, bruises, cuts etc. My opinion only, not fact.

Last edited by Fuskier; 05-31-2012 at 06:02 AM. Reason: editing
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fuskier For This Useful Post:
  #891  
Old 05-31-2012, 02:31 AM
Amee's Avatar
Amee Amee is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: City of Churches
Posts: 1,168
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaseClosed View Post
FYI there was a question some weeks ago whether he had actually completed this degree (someone with contacts at KPMG explained that he failed some exams and couldn't continue at KPMG because of that).
Yes I did read that but this was regarding the computers not the accounting.
Time to go back lurking....
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Amee For This Useful Post:
  #892  
Old 05-31-2012, 02:32 AM
LauraMars's Avatar
LauraMars LauraMars is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 341
Quote:
Originally Posted by marlywings View Post
Some think they can get away with murder...police have to prove them wrong.

So many crims have loads of "history" & still keep on committing crimes.
Oh I know marlywings, too many in fact.

I do think GBC killed Allison, always have done, and I reckon he thinks he can get away with it too.

I just don't think he'd do it that night if it were true that police had made a visit a day or so beforehand, especially a visit regarding possible DV.

IMOO
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to LauraMars For This Useful Post:
  #893  
Old 05-31-2012, 02:32 AM
possumheart's Avatar
possumheart possumheart is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: South East Queensland, AU
Posts: 1,402
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaseClosed View Post
FYI there was a question some weeks ago whether he had actually completed this degree (someone with contacts at KPMG explained that he failed some exams and couldn't continue at KPMG because of that).
It is my belief/opinion he didn't finish his degree. MOO

Last edited by possumheart; 05-31-2012 at 02:33 AM. Reason: moo/heresay
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to possumheart For This Useful Post:
  #894  
Old 05-31-2012, 02:33 AM
minni minni is offline
Former Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 1,775
was it definately NBC or just an unidentified elderly man that was seen sitting at bus shelter in the early hours of the morning? I know that my head wants to THINK its the old marriage enhancement facilitator...but I think thats just because I want to pin something on him, if it was identified as him, this story would be pretty close to wrapped up wouldn't it?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to minni For This Useful Post:
  #895  
Old 05-31-2012, 02:36 AM
Fuskier Fuskier is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: AU
Posts: 2,482
Quote:
Originally Posted by squizzey1 View Post
Yes very valid. I asked my informant and they said same thing . must have got it done in a hurry and by a friend. or else coincidence if business was going bad may have wanted a lot of financial and other info deleted. still suss about BC seniors computer though.MOO
SQUIZZEY1: If the wiping of the hard drives are true, then this changes the nature of what we could be looking at here. It takes someone with advanced computer knowledge to assist with this task. I wonder if Army Intelligence teaches these skills? My opinion only, not fact.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Fuskier For This Useful Post:
  #896  
Old 05-31-2012, 02:36 AM
UnfoldingTruth's Avatar
UnfoldingTruth UnfoldingTruth is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Outerspace
Posts: 1,708
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mani View Post
.

This is what I was begging to differ on UT, as I thought a trace was left behind and it could be traced by some IT folk who charge a lot of money per hour to retrieve it. This is my understanding.

However, Indromum has posted that in the Sica case, the QPS could not retrieve the data he deleted from his computer.
Thanks. I just didn't understand what you meant, as I thought we were saying similar. Thanks for making it clearer.
__________________
MOO!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to UnfoldingTruth For This Useful Post:
  #897  
Old 05-31-2012, 02:36 AM
squizzey1's Avatar
squizzey1 squizzey1 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 584
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaseClosed View Post
FYI there was a question some weeks ago whether he had actually completed this degree (someone with contacts at KPMG explained that he failed some exams and couldn't continue at KPMG because of that).
That would have been his professional year to become a Chartered Accountant
The Following User Says Thank You to squizzey1 For This Useful Post:
  #898  
Old 05-31-2012, 02:36 AM
minni minni is offline
Former Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 1,775
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaseClosed View Post
FYI there was a question some weeks ago whether he had actually completed this degree (someone with contacts at KPMG explained that he failed some exams and couldn't continue at KPMG because of that).
I believe you can complete your accounting or commerce degree then start on with KPMG or start as an undergraduate there. I think its the ongoing CPA training or training to be a chartered accountant that many uni graduates dont go on to complete or fail, or defer. To become an accountant doesn't just require your degree, thats only half of it and that might be where he stopped studying? Just half an opinion really, but think its fairly accurate!
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to minni For This Useful Post:
  #899  
Old 05-31-2012, 02:38 AM
marlywings's Avatar
marlywings marlywings is offline
WS Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Under the Southern Cross
Posts: 8,658
Quote:
Originally Posted by itsthevibe View Post
I thought I recalled that when someone came on and posted about the NBC at bus shelter thing, they said it was at 4am. I may have this wrong, but wouldn't know where to find it now as it was a post buried within a thread somewhere - maybe thread #7 or 8? It was just after the Police did tests, and had a post at the Kenmore Roundabout, within the week or so after that.

I remember thinking "4am - very late and unusual to be out at that time sitting in a bus shelter."
I think this may be where the bus shelter thing started...

05-13-2012, 03:51 PM
SKMA
Registered User Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ60
Do we know he was there for a long time? I thought he was just waiting to be picked up en route.

The pick-up-on-route idea, that was only my theory, nothing more. All I was told was that the father was seen sitting in the bus shelter at the roundabout that night.

Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, 43, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012 - #7 - Page 8 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to marlywings For This Useful Post:
  #900  
Old 05-31-2012, 02:40 AM
CaseClosed's Avatar
CaseClosed CaseClosed is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Brisbane, Australia
Posts: 2,427
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraMars View Post
Oh I know marlywings, too many in fact.

I do think GBC killed Allison, always have done, and I reckon he thinks he can get away with it too.

I just don't think he'd do it that night if it were true that police had made a visit a day or so beforehand, especially a visit regarding possible DV.

IMOO
I believe you are right, however the perp may not have intended to kill her that particular day ... another argument just got out of control and she was gone in a second.
__________________
*** The above comment is my personal opinion and may be based on known facts or just my imagination ***
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CaseClosed For This Useful Post:
 

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, 43, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012 - #12 SoSueMe Allison Baden-Clay General Discussion Threads 1113 05-24-2012 01:09 PM
Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, 43, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012 - #11 SoSueMe Allison Baden-Clay General Discussion Threads 1489 05-22-2012 10:22 AM
Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, 43, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012 - #10 SoSueMe Allison Baden-Clay General Discussion Threads 1582 05-20-2012 11:42 AM
Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, 43, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012 #2 Salem Allison Baden-Clay General Discussion Threads 1140 05-05-2012 03:43 AM
Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, 43, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012 kiwijayne Allison Baden-Clay General Discussion Threads 1240 05-03-2012 12:10 AM


© Copyright Websleuths 1999-2012 New To Site? Need Help?
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:01 PM.

Advertisements

Pre-Order Imperfect Justice: Prosecuting Casey Anthony today!