Websleuths
Go Back   Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community > Featured Case Discussion > Hot Cases > Mickey Shunick > Mickey Shunick General Discussion Threads

Notices

Mickey Shunick General Discussion Threads Prior discussions stored here for reference

Old 05-28-2012, 03:40 PM
chien méchant

LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 - #7

Please continue discussion of the Mickey Shunick case here.

Thread #1

Thread #2

Thread #3

Thread #4

Thread #5

Thread #6

Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette; 19 May 2012 * Timeline & Media Links ONLY *

KATC Twitter feed

• Facebook link: Find Mickey Shunick Now

Lafayette Police Department updates

• KATC: Mickey Shunick: what you need to know today

• When new names - people, locations - enter the picture, please post them on this link's #tags, thanks.
• Please do not sleuth individuals who have not been mentioned in MSM either as persons of interest or as suspects by LE.
• Choose the links you post wisely; don't link to sites which feature bizarre speculation, etc.

(And much thanks to queenofcorona, who started the original thread!)
The Following 20 Users Say Thank You to wfgodot For This Useful Post:
Old 05-28-2012, 03:52 PM
Inactive

Mickey's Bike Found - General Area
Attached Images
File Type: jpg facingeast.jpg (38.8 KB, 183 views)
File Type: jpg facingwest.jpg (36.7 KB, 171 views)
File Type: jpg bikefoundmickeys.jpg (269.3 KB, 69 views)

Last edited by mamamia54; 05-28-2012 at 05:52 PM.
The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to mamamia54 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-28-2012, 03:54 PM

[/quote]i posted this a couple of threads ago, but it was around the time the bike was located and discussion took off from there. just wanted to repost to get your thoughts. please compare the circle area in both pics.

mickey1circlekarrow.JPG

you can see the curb on circle k side almost all the way to the corner

2 white trucks circlekarrow.JPG

in this one there is something in front of the curb.

could this be a 3rd white truck? it looks to me to be the rear end of a white truck. if the timing is right, as per the location of people and cars in the circle k parking lot, this person must have also just crossed paths with mickey.

Last edited by typasus3; 05-28-2012 at 04:45 PM. Reason: trying to add tags
Old 05-28-2012, 03:59 PM
This is love

Quote:
Originally Posted by Questioning
Speaking of horses, I happened across a listing of a horse that I believe to be Mickey's. Beautiful horse and she appears to be quite talented herself. Sigh, I hope the discovery of yesterday is not so discouraging as it seems.

http://www.equine.com/horses-for-sal...d-2025232.html
Whoa , he is one talllllll drink of water.

Last edited by Cazzie; 05-28-2012 at 04:04 PM. Reason: added poster's name (post manually copied)
The Following User Says Thank You to Cazzie For This Useful Post:
Old 05-28-2012, 04:00 PM
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by typasus3 View Post
i posted this a couple of threads ago, but it was around the time the bike was located and discussion took off from there. just wanted to repost to get your thoughts. please compare the circle area in both pics.

Attachment 22763

Attachment 22765

could this be a 3rd white truck? it looks to me to be the rear end of a white truck. if the timing is right, as per the location of people and cars in the circle k parking lot, this person must have also just crossed paths with mickey.
Well that's really odd, it does seem that something is parked back behind the tree, let me see what I'm able to do with the picture.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to mamamia54 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-28-2012, 04:02 PM

From twitter:

KATC has just learned from Lafayette Police Cpl. Paul Mouton search efforts for Mickey Shunick have ended in the area of the Whiskey Bay exit. No further evidence was found.

https://twitter.com/#!/KATCTV3
Old 05-28-2012, 04:03 PM

Originally Posted by kgeaux
I don't think the perp would necessarily have to know the history/reputation of the Whiskey Bay exit.

It's an out of the way area that is easily accessible by roadway or waterway, it's dark and deserted at night, and it's a kind of no-brainer choice to dump stuff in the swamp.

Yes but the sheer coincidence of it being by Whiskey Bay..... Why not Butte La Rose?? It would be more convenient to drop the bike there due to accesibility coming from Lafayette. It's closer than Whiskey Bay. He must have had the location in mind. Hints either a copycat near the area, or worse a nationwide suspect that the FBI doesn't want to release info about. All he would have to do is google serial killers in Louisiana.http://www.trutv.com/library/crime/s...uge/index.html
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Billiam For This Useful Post:
Old 05-28-2012, 04:04 PM
Inactive

Looks maybe like a motorcycle? I need to look at the area from the air to see how long a vehicle would poke out if it was parked there.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2%20white%20trucks%20circlekarrow.JPG (58.1 KB, 100 views)
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mamamia54 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-28-2012, 04:05 PM

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - LA LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette; 19 May 2012 #6

bumping this post to keep the theory alive that MS could possibly went off with somebody she knew.
Old 05-28-2012, 04:06 PM
chien méchant

How to....

Ignore someone before they get all up in your grill etc.:

Go to Quick Links, upper right of screen; click on User Control Panel; then find, at left of next screen, Edit Ignore List. Click on that and fill in the blank with the poster(s) you want to ignore.

Vary the number of posts you see on one page:

Go to Quick Links, upper right of screen; click on Edit Options; about two-thirds of the way down, in the center will be, under Thread Display Opitons, "How Many Posts to Show Per Page." Set the number.

Find the WS Scanner Chatter link for Mickey Shunick:

The link:
Mickey Shunick is missing
(n.b. as Salem the mod says, what happens in scanner chatter stays in scanner chatter; it is a "members only" feature and discussion about what one finds there should not work its way back to the public thread you're on right now)

Contact an actual mod:

After posting, or on someone else's post that concerns you, click on red exclamation point at upper right of
that post; fill in the box on next screen with your question or concern.

What constitutes a good link to use as opposed to a bogus one?

This might help:
wfgodot on good and bad internet info sources
Old 05-28-2012, 04:08 PM
Inactive

Quote:
i posted this a couple of threads ago, but it was around the time the bike was located and discussion took off from there. just wanted to repost to get your thoughts. please compare the circle area in both pics.

Attachment 22763

Attachment 22765

What street is this on?
The Following User Says Thank You to mamamia54 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-28-2012, 04:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamamia54 View Post
What street is this on?
corner of university and st. landry
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to typasus3 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-28-2012, 04:15 PM

What I don't understand is that they have a pic of MS right across the street from Circle K. That's the last pic of this poor girl. But about 100 yards further down the street, in the direction she was travelling, there are pictures of "vehicles of interst", taken at the same time. Why aren't there any pics of MS from that camera? It would take her about 10 seconds to go from the Circle K to the area where the pics of the "vehicles of interest" is taken.
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to EBR For This Useful Post:
Old 05-28-2012, 04:17 PM
chien méchant

From KATC's Facebook page:
Quote:
KATC-TV 3: Acadiana's Newschannel ˇ

KATC has just learned from Lafayette Police Cpl. Paul Mouton search efforts for Mickey Shunick have ended in the area of the Whiskey Bay exit. No further evidence was found.
Shunick Search at Whiskey Bay Called Off (katc.com)
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to wfgodot For This Useful Post:
Old 05-28-2012, 04:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EBR View Post
What I don't understand is that they have a pic of MS right across the street from Circle K. That's the last pic of this poor girl. But about 100 yards further down the street, in the direction she was travelling, there are pictures of "vehicles of interst", taken at the same time. Why aren't there any pics of MS from that camera? It would take her about 10 seconds to go from the Circle K to the area where the pics of the "vehicles of interest" is taken.
i've been asking myself that for several days now. the only conclusions i've been able to draw are:
1) she never made it there
2) LE is holding back the footage
3) she was spooked and turned into LUS parking lot for back entrance to azalea street
The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to typasus3 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-28-2012, 04:21 PM
Verified LOCAL

Just lost my post. Of all things, the cable company showed up while I was gone distributing flyers to replace the main cable from house to road, with no warning.

The Internet's back up now, but may go out again. Let me try to retype where I went.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to chicken fried For This Useful Post:
Old 05-28-2012, 04:22 PM

Quote:
Can anyone come up with a convincing argument that this is where she disappeared? Can you speel it out?
Do we know or not know where she disappeared, or is it still possible that she actually rode all the way to say Coliseum Rd?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to concernedformickey For This Useful Post:
Old 05-28-2012, 04:23 PM
Inactive

Quote:
corner of university and st. landry
Looks like a convience store there that also sells gas, if I'm looking at the correct one. K?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg circlek.jpg (90.8 KB, 63 views)
File Type: jpg mickyonbikecirclek.jpg (42.6 KB, 41 views)

Last edited by mamamia54; 05-28-2012 at 05:00 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to mamamia54 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-28-2012, 04:23 PM
Websleuth Member

Good Lord, we need a criminal profiler. I felt certain they would find something down there near the bike.
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to shefner For This Useful Post:
Old 05-28-2012, 04:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamamia54 View Post
Looks like a convience store there that also sells gas, if I'm looking at the correct one. K?
yes, this is the corner where circle k is located. it is the last place mickey was shown riding her bike in the surveillance photos.
Old 05-28-2012, 04:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billiam View Post
Originally Posted by kgeaux
I don't think the perp would necessarily have to know the history/reputation of the Whiskey Bay exit.

It's an out of the way area that is easily accessible by roadway or waterway, it's dark and deserted at night, and it's a kind of no-brainer choice to dump stuff in the swamp.

Yes but the sheer coincidence of it being by Whiskey Bay..... Why not Butte La Rose?? It would be more convenient to drop the bike there due to accesibility coming from Lafayette. It's closer than Whiskey Bay. He must have had the location in mind. Hints either a copycat near the area, or worse a nationwide suspect that the FBI doesn't want to release info about. All he would have to do is google serial killers in Louisiana.http://www.trutv.com/library/crime/s...uge/index.html
first post, so excuse me if i do something wrong,...but this comment made me think of something. what if the perp DID originally drive through butte la rose, but noticed how lit up it was, and didnt i read somewhere that there was security there? and maybe cameras? maybe anyone who was there or any cameras that may have been there need to be investigated to see if maybe the perps car might have driven through there first but been too spooked to drop the bike there, choosing whiskey bay instead?
Old 05-28-2012, 04:27 PM
chien méchant

Hello and welcome to WS, oddball62983.
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to wfgodot For This Useful Post:
Old 05-28-2012, 04:28 PM
Inactive

Quote:
yes, this is the corner where circle k is located. it is the last place mickey was shown riding her bike in the surveillance photos.
I edited and put in a picture of the circle K above. Now I can see where your picture was taken from, that's not a place to park, it looks like a motorcycle stopped at the right light on the corner. I could be wrong though.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mamamia54 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-28-2012, 04:28 PM

Quote:
Could be she was was riding too close to the camera in order for it to capture her image or, she was forced into or willingly entered a white truck.
Old 05-28-2012, 04:29 PM
Verified LOCAL

Here's where I posted flyers for the old car:

On Pinhook Rd., south of Kaliste Saloom:

Wal-Mart, Chinese buffet in front of Wal-Mart, O'Reilly Auto Parts, gas station adjacent to O'Reilly, Shell station at corner of Pinhook & Verot School Rd., Cracker Barrel & Circle K at Pinhook and Bonin Rd.

Texaco station at Youngsville Hwy. & Albertson Pkwy.

On Verot School: Shop-Rite station at Verot School and Feu Follet Rd., Earl's Market, Mobil at Verot School & Failla Rd.

Everyone was pleased to help, with two exceptions:

<modsnip>

Autozone on Pinhook gave a blanket refusal to have the flyer anywhere inside or outside the store.

The was very disappointing, as an auto-parts store is the perfect place to look for an old car. Now, before you call them, I have known the manager for 10 years and he is a decent guy. He said his hands are tied and I would have to get permission from corporate. <modsnip> I called corporate offices in TN, and was referred to the regional manager in Houston - who was gone for Memorial Day. I left a message and will try tomorrow.

The clerks at Circle K said that corporate wouldn't allow them to post anything on the door, so they had me tape it down right at the cash register. Even Wal-Mart cooperated. Autozone was the stinker.

Later I will have to go up Ambassador Caffery - and man, that could take me all the rest of the day.... lots of places to go.

Last edited by bessie; 05-28-2012 at 08:36 PM. Reason: unnecessary