Websleuths
Go Back   Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community > Featured Case Discussion > Hot Cases > Mickey Shunick > Mickey Shunick General Discussion Threads

Notices

Mickey Shunick General Discussion Threads Prior discussions stored here for reference

Old 05-30-2012, 05:04 PM
chien méchant

PLEASE CONTINUE OUR DISCUSSION OF MICKEY'S DISAPPEARANCE AT THE LINK BELOW:

LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette; 19 May 2012: #13
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wfgodot For This Useful Post:
Old 05-30-2012, 05:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BayouBecky View Post
From what I understand, the white truck taking a left on University (pointing opposite from the direction MS went) and the shot of the white truck heading NW on University (in front of the graveyard) are the same truck. The police cleared this one truck.
Okay, now we're getting somewhere. Because the police WERE NOT CLEAR ON THIS POINT, you had to assume that's what they meant. Fair enough. However, we just got done with people *****ing about the chat reporters not being detailed enough and this is exactly how that stuff happens. I don't like assuming and I'm detail oriented so unclear statements are something I would clarify if I were, say, a reporter.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Artis For This Useful Post:
Old 05-30-2012, 05:06 PM

I was wondering if MS had rear lights on her bike, reason being that if the bike suffered major damage to the back tire, it could be possible that the truck driver didn't even see until too late especially if she was on the road behind the Cajun dome ?

Thinking about the LE presence upthread.

Poop, new thread.
Old 05-30-2012, 05:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by manlet View Post

Perhaps that will help.

This is a very good guess of the type of truck this could be. Compare the Wheel wells and notice their "square shape" near the edges. The taillight looks about the same also, as well as the rear bumber area.

I understand this main picture is the one that should be the only one to consider, and I think I now better understand that the picture that has the truck going to the right is actually a sort of road, because this truck is in the right most lane. The other picture of the one going the other way, it is in the lane beside it and there are left turn arrows painted on the pavement in front of that one. It just seems bizarre to have a similar looking truck coming back from that same direction, but I suppose it could be a different truck heading to the left in the other picture. But in any case, GREAT JOB in trying to get an identification picture of this truck. I think you may have it with the inserted picture.

JMO of course.
The Following User Says Thank You to Hatfield For This Useful Post:
Old 05-30-2012, 05:07 PM
chien méchant

Quote:
Originally Posted by wfgodot View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatfield View Post
This is a very good guess of the type of truck this could be. Compare the Wheel wells and notice their "square shape" near the edges.

I understand this main picture is the one that should be the only one to consider, and I think I now better understand that the picture that has the truck going to the right is actually a sort of road, because this truck is in the right most lane. The other picture of the one going the other way, it is in the lane beside it and there are left turn arrows painted on the pavement in front of that one. It just seems bizarre to have a similar looking truck coming back from that same direction, but I suppose it could be a different truck heading to the left in the other picture. But in any case, GREAT JOB in trying to get an identification picture of this truck. I think you may have it with the inserted picture.

JMO of course.
I think that the truck in question has black handles, though.

I'll go with the single truck picture then. I'm not going to assume it was following Mickey... just going in the same direction. It was probably heading home. Going to surf around the area in that direction.

Can we get a link to the map on the next thread please?
Old 05-30-2012, 05:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JW1893 View Post
When they released the second batch of pics, they said that the car traveling away from St. Landry and the one on University were the same. It's from every news report given on that day.

I swear, this is the first time I've wanted a drink since finding out I was pregnant 7 months go! lol. Stupid truck pics.
Do you (or anyone) have a reference. It would be nice to put this issue to rest once and for all.

Thanks
Old 05-30-2012, 05:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by happyhappyjoyjoy View Post
Yes, GMC has a Z-71. I think Chevy is a division of General Motors. Search GMC Sierra 1500 Z-71.
Here's a comparison with 2009-2011 Chevrolet/Chevy Silverado Z71's.

http://i.imgur.com/0K2OJ.png

I feel as if the tail lights are higher up in the back on the perp's truck..

They started making the tail lights lower in Chevy/Chevrolet Z71 Silverados in 2007 or so (based on a google image search for each year ex: 2007 chevy z71, etc.) but earlier models pre 2007 had them higher. So you might be right about the GMC models being more like the truck.
Old 05-30-2012, 05:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JW1893 View Post
When they released the second batch of pics, they said that the car traveling away from St. Landry and the one on University were the same. It's from every news report given on that day.

I swear, this is the first time I've wanted a drink since finding out I was pregnant 7 months go! lol. Stupid truck pics.
Okay then. I never read that they had determined they were the same. Do you have the link for that info?
The Following User Says Thank You to Artis For This Useful Post:
Old 05-30-2012, 05:14 PM

Wink

Hello Everyone,

I have been reading everyone's post on here and trying to catch up on everything but this is my first post. There were only 2 white trucks. One with a bed cover and one without. The white truck with the bed cover which is not the one in the photo by Circle K appeared to be a mid size truck. It looks like a Colorado to me. This truck has been ruled out. The other white truck which is the Z-71 was the one by Circle K. There are 2 photos of this same truck which was both caught on camera by the Circle K. In one photo it was heading in the same direction as M. and in the other photo he was heading back towards the Circle K.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cam29 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-30-2012, 05:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cam29 View Post
Hello Everyone,

I have been reading everyone's post on here and trying to catch up on everything but this is my first post. There were only 2 white trucks. One with a bed cover and one without. The white truck with the bed cover which is not the one in the photo by Circle K appeared to be a mid size truck. It looks like a Colorado to me. This truck has been ruled out. The other white truck which is the Z-71 was the one by Circle K. There are 2 photos of this same truck which was both caught on camera by the Circle K. In one photo it was heading in the same direction as M. and in the other photo he was heading back towards the Circle K.

http://findmickeynow.com/ took all the other photos of the other cars off their site.. Only 1 is up..of the truck following the way Mickey went. So...
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to manlet For This Useful Post:
Old 05-30-2012, 05:17 PM

Quote:
There are 2 photos of this same truck which was both caught on camera by the Circle K. In one photo it was heading in the same direction as M. and in the other photo he was heading back towards the Circle K.
NO.

Those are two different trucks. That's what we've been trying to explain, that the other photo of the truck that is not in front of the Circle K is the same as the one in the second pic you reference. That truck has been ruled out. It's the one going in the same direction as MS that is still a VOI.

Last edited by BayouBecky; 05-30-2012 at 05:18 PM. Reason: snipping quote
The Following User Says Thank You to BayouBecky For This Useful Post:
Old 05-30-2012, 05:19 PM
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by happyhappyjoyjoy View Post
Yes, GMC has a Z-71. I think Chevy is a division of General Motors. Search GMC Sierra 1500 Z-71.
GMC and Chevrolet are both General Motors vehicles. GMC exclusively makes only trucks. GMC tend to have rounded grilles as opposed to chevy, who use angles in theirs. Both make the Z71.
Old 05-30-2012, 05:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatfield View Post
This is a very good guess of the type of truck this could be. Compare the Wheel wells and notice their "square shape" near the edges. The taillight looks about the same also, as well as the rear bumber area.

JMO of course.
Looks like a Dodge ram quad cab to me.....,
Old 05-30-2012, 05:25 PM

Quote:
Hello Everyone,

Wrong, according to LEOs.
The Following User Says Thank You to Redhand For This Useful Post:
Old 05-30-2012, 05:27 PM
Inactive

http://i.oodleimg.com/item/301642724...60f?1335497617

http://imgc.classistatic.com/cps/poc...656gda_27.jpeg

see the difference? both of these are the same year. Plus it was more popular with the GMC to have a crew cab as opposed to 4 doors like the Chevy.
Old 05-30-2012, 05:28 PM
chien méchant

Quote:
Originally Posted by wfgodot View Post

I'm sounding like a broken record. Thread closed, #13 now open.
Old 05-30-2012, 05:33 PM

Is there any way you could do a pic like that with a Dodge ram?