Websleuths
Go Back   Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community > Missing!! > Located Forum Discussion

Notices

Located Forum Discussion Discussion for those who were missing and are now located

Old 06-08-2012, 12:28 AM

Hi Everyone...No new news unfortunately that I know of. Sheriff has interviewed most of her close friends. The circumstances of her disappearance are very sinister. I also mentioned that maybe her truck wouldn't start or was low on gas so she got a ride in the mystery blue car but never made it. The sheriff went to pick up her phone to read her texts and see calls but it is a prepaid phone so they said the info would be limited. I also wondered if maybe someone sabotaged her truck at the bar where she was the night before, and she made it home but the next morning her truck wouldn't start. Good point GrainneDhu. I don't know if they have tried to start her truck or not.
I am also baffled by the google map of the location. It looks strange, there appears to be some sort of a body of water close by but you can barely see a house. My sister & her husband live about 50 miles away from there so I'm sending them the address so they can drive by this weekend & report back. They used to live just a couple blocks from Nancy, Chuck & Jami. My sister said they just arrested a serial killer there about 2 days before Nancy disappeared.
It is such a rural location that without a dog for protection it would be very easy for someone to sneak up behind her while she hung those sheets on the clothesline, singing, with the music playing, not expecting it. Like I mentioned before, 2 convicted rapists live within a 3 miles radius of that address. She is not a wimpy lady, she had her own Harley and is not a push-over--someone who expects you to earn her friendship not just take it. In my opinion, she would never go willingly. I think the blue car/neighbor story is fabricated. They commented that it might be unreliable from the start. I wonder why?

i will never believe that she left willingly because she needed to "get away" to grieve more for Chuck 4 yrs later. She will feel that emptiness of missing her husband for the rest of her days but she also knows life will be alot harder away from her daughter & granddaughter. She had already reached the stage of grief where she had moved on to try a new relationship, she adored her family -- the fog was lifting.
The Following 19 Users Say Thank You to pmason For This Useful Post:
Old 06-08-2012, 12:53 AM

Could the blue box have been a blue tote box,like a storage bin? I wonder if it was someone's stuff she may have been keeping and they came back for it and took her too?

Just a thought. I certainly hope she is found soon. I don't like this at all.
Old 06-08-2012, 03:14 AM
Former Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiredblondy View Post
Could the blue box have been a blue tote box,like a storage bin? I wonder if it was someone's stuff she may have been keeping and they came back for it and took her too?

Just a thought. I certainly hope she is found soon. I don't like this at all.
The alleged car was blue. I'm not sure the alleged box was blue.
The Following User Says Thank You to HeinekenMan For This Useful Post:
Old 06-08-2012, 03:16 AM
Former Member

I'm sure Nancy was a tough cookie if she had a Harley and all. But I think I read that she was only 5-foot-2. If that's accurate, she may have been overpowered.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HeinekenMan For This Useful Post:
Old 06-08-2012, 12:51 PM

I don't want this case to go cold! Someone somewhere must know something!
Old 06-08-2012, 01:29 PM
Wear Pink & Eat Cake ~ Lauren Giddings

I'm not sure this means anything, maybe she is just trying to be positive. But the posts on JJ's page the last day or so sound like she thinks Nancy left on her own. pmason, has LE told JJ something to make her think this is the case?

Is LE still investigating Nancy's disappearance?
Old 06-08-2012, 02:02 PM
Websleuth Member

Can't imagine what would make Nancy flee and leave her daughter and granddaughter. Obviously something isn't right since she left her phone and other belongings. Continuing to follow this thread for more information about Nancy....
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to shefner For This Useful Post:
Old 06-08-2012, 02:18 PM
What happened to Nancy Jenkins?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knox View Post
I'm not sure this means anything, maybe she is just trying to be positive. But the posts on JJ's page the last day or so sound like she thinks Nancy left on her own. pmason, has LE told JJ something to make her think this is the case?

Is LE still investigating Nancy's disappearance?

FWIW: I have noticed a pattern much like stages of grief on many missing persons loved ones pages during the unknown time....I think after the fear of what happened...then mad that she is not there...etc
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to longtallcold For This Useful Post:
Old 06-09-2012, 01:31 AM

Did Nancy (and/or Chuck, before he died) ever belong to a motorcycle club?

If so, I hope someone has started the grapevine shaking with local motorcyclists. This is moving into prime riding weather and the motorcyclists I personally know have hearts of gold. If someone points them to what they could do to help (post fliers, ride back roads to search, etc), they'll do it.

Also, if she belonged to a club, they might have an idea as to where Nancy might go if distressed. I'm leaning more and more towards abduction but still not closing the door to some sort of nervous breakdown.

If Nancy had some favourite run or just a place that was special to her and Chuck, it could be checked.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to GrainneDhu For This Useful Post:
Old 06-09-2012, 07:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PMLsmom View Post
Per articles:

05/30/12 pm - last mentioned phone contact, with DD

05/31/12:

05:20 am - BF/roommate last sighting
10:30 am - neighbor supposedly sees her putting box in blue car
11:00 am - DD calls, leaves msg., no return call
09:00 pm - reported missing ( by who?)

Why is no one but DD speaking out???
This siting of her putting something into a blue car, makes me think of Ted Bundy. He would use a ploy to get women to help him with a box or something to get them near the car. He used a fake cast to get a woman to put something into his car and then grabbed her. I think she was kidnapped, I am sorry to say that, but if you are hanging cloths, someone riding by sees you in the yard and then engages you. Or bf could have told her someone was coming by to pick something up, and that person was a bad person. Not saying bf is bad, just throwing out stuff. Did he wonder what she was putting into this blue car?

Last edited by Skully; 06-09-2012 at 08:03 AM.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Skully For This Useful Post:
Old 06-09-2012, 09:14 AM
Websleuth Member

Grainne and Bern....you make excellent points, both. The idea about the motorcycle club helping get the word out is fantastic...as well as asking any of these individuals if they know if Nancy and her hubby had any special places they liked to ride.

The Bundy thought is a good one also. I can never get past these disappearances where a person leaves their purse, cell phone, debit cards and money, keys, vehicles....
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to shefner For This Useful Post:
Old 06-09-2012, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shefner View Post
Grainne and Bern....you make excellent points, both. The idea about the motorcycle club helping get the word out is fantastic...as well as asking any of these individuals if they know if Nancy and her hubby had any special places they liked to ride.

The Bundy thought is a good one also. I can never get past these disappearances where a person leaves their purse, cell phone, debit cards and money, keys, vehicles....
There are so many cases here on WS around the country that have the same theme, over and over. Something or someone distracts them from what they are doing, and then they are gone. Stranger to stranger is rare, most likey it is someone you know, but in some of these cases it is a stranger, who was looking for a victim in an out of the way place.
Old 06-10-2012, 10:09 AM

I used to live nearby, in Greensboro. The communities outside of the city tend to run together (at least to someone not native to the area). Anyway, I used to drive around, trying to acquaint myself with the area on Saturday mornings to the garage sales. The ads in newspaper would sometimes give sketchy directions, and this was pre-gps days, trusty map only.

What I want to say is the people in those rural areas know every car that lives there. I stumbled on quite a few wrong roads and got some strange looks, literally eyeing me all the way off the road! I looked like a real hoodlum -NOT. Just looking for that kitchen table on sale sir -lol.

I think she left on her own, trying to make it look like an abduction, or she met with foul play by someone local that knew her. I don't think it was a stranger. These people know the cars in their neighborhood, it's their informal neighborhood watch.

Also, there are so many country roads, many leading to bodies of water. only a local would know these shortcuts and out of the way connections.

“Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not.”

“If you want to catch beasts you don't see every day, you have to go places quite out of the way,
You have to go places no others can get to.
You have to get cold and you have to get wet, too.” ― Dr. Seuss
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mahoolin For This Useful Post:
Old 06-10-2012, 10:48 AM
Websleuth Member

Still here...and waiting for more news about Ms. Nancy.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to shefner For This Useful Post:
Old 06-10-2012, 12:45 PM

the box

I would like more info on the box she was seen supposedly putting in the blue car. What size was the box? Small, like a box of donuts? Large, like full of clothes or something she may be selling??? A cake? Box of what??? Any receipts laying around the house of an item in a box that she may be giving to someone? Did she own something that needed to be repaired and she may be giving it to the repair person in a box? Did she find a cat or dog and was giving it to someone in a box? HOW was the box carried? Was it heavy? Light? Like the contents were fragile? Was the top folded down? Did it have a top? Was it a cardboard box or a tub (as has been mentioned). Was it gift wrapped?
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to carterkatt For This Useful Post:
Old 06-10-2012, 03:28 PM

Almost anything is possible, but it's hard for me to imagine a 57 year old woman with a daughter and baby granddaughter whom she appears to love very much, faking her own abduction. What would she be doing for money? I think that would be a long shot.

LOL, mahoolin, about searching for garage sales in the country. People are very friendly and they do recognize unfamiliar cars and want to know if they can help you (a.k.a., who are you and what are you doing here?) I've been on both sides of that type story.

About the box and the blue car -- I have noticed that this was mentioned when Nancy first went missing and then it seems to have been dropped. The Guilford County Sheriff's Office does not even mention it on their site where they ask for the public's help in locating Nancy. On the sight they state that, "Ms. Jenkins was last seen at her residence located at 5760 Turner Smith Rd., Browns Summit on Thursday, 05/31/2012 at approximately 5:20 AM she was wearing a black or red shirt and blue jeans." Nothing is said about the box/blue car around 10:30. At one time, JJ said that she wasn't sure if this information was reliable. I'm wondering if the S.O. thinks that as well since they have Nancy last seen at 5:20 a.m. which was when her BF left.

I'm waiting to hear something...anything from Nancy's roommate/boyfriend. Also, where is the S.O. in their investigation? They need to release some type of statement! What about you, Guilford County and surrounding media? One of your citizens is missing! What are you doing to help find her? And why are there no searches going on for this woman? Nancy has been missing for nine days! Nine days!
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Considering For This Useful Post:
Old 06-10-2012, 04:08 PM

I sent emails to every news outlet in the area that I could find begging them to stay on this story about Nancy Jenkin's disappearance. If anyone has a moment, please try to send a note to at least one (there are some on this thread). Nancy's case needs attention and she deserves to be found!
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Considering For This Useful Post:
Old 06-11-2012, 03:20 PM

Hi Everyone...you guys are all so great and vigilant about finding our gal Nancy Jenkins. I do have some updated info. My best friend's brother is a trucker driving east coast Maine/Florida round trip weekly so he is putting up the missing posters at truck stops and rest areas on I-95. I am also getting ready to go FL to Maine but taking the mountain routes up thru NC, VA, etc. (she & Chuck lived in Charlottesville for awhile) and will post on my way up. Chucks family is from Front Royal, VA so will post there also and the I-85 & I-81 corridors. I will be in the Greensboro area first week of July so maybe we can organize a search then also.
SO has spoken to just about all of her friends & family with no luck. JJ says the neighbor that spoke about the blue car/box is crazy & blind so deemed unreliable. No one knows the boyfriend very well. Rumor is she wanted to move out because after a month she realized she wasn't ready yet to move on and feelings of grief, etc had come rushing back for Chuck. Frankly, I was surprised to hear she had moved in with a guy anyway. After 30+ yrs with Chuck I never expected her to ever have another serious relationship. She apparently was having a hard time leaving him. No one knows for sure if this is true or not. I just can't see her leaving like she did just to break up with a short-term roommate. I definitely don't think she would have bothered to do the laundry, hang it on the line and then say "I think I will disappear now for awhile without money, credit cards, ID, phone, pictures of my granddaughter, medicine, etc." Someone would have to pick her up way out there & take her somewhere. What would she do for money?
Unfortunately, I think because JJ is saying she left on her own, (thinking positive) the SO isn't taking this as seriously as they might otherwise. Most of us women friends her age are wondering if they have fully investigated this roommate/boyfriend since he is the last one to see her. We, too, think of & remember Ted Bundy. Did someone at the bar sabotage her car the night before so they could "rescue" her the next day by dropping by? Could a friend of the BF have stopped by and done something to her?
We were in a motorcycle club years ago. It was a married couples club and I think at the end Chuck & Nancy were the only ones still together. All have been notified -- we are all still friends and everyone is worried and networking trying to get the word out to find her. What do you do to get people like Nancy Grace involved in cases like this?

Thanks to all of you for your care.. concern...love :-)
Old 06-11-2012, 06:18 PM

Nancy has a good friend in you, pmason. It's wonderful that you are getting yourfriend's brother to put up missing posters, too. Truck drivers can be a great help! It's so wonderful of you to put posters up along the way during your future trip (let's hope you don't need to because Nancy has been found by then ). Copy places will sometimes donate posters for free in missing persons cases if you want to check into it.

I think you have some excellent observations and insights in your post. Thank you for sharing.

I have no idea how to get someone like NG involved. Maybe someone else here will.

Last edited by Considering; 06-11-2012 at 10:07 PM.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Considering For This Useful Post:
Old 06-11-2012, 06:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeinekenMan View Post
I need to read up on these tracking dogs. I've never understood how much we should rely on them. The clothes on the line is an interesting tidbit. This means that someone could have been watching her.

What time does she get her mail? Could she have been mailing a package? I assume the neighbor would recognize a blue car if it belonged to a postal worker. Of course, she might have stood there checking her mail after the mail truck left and maybe someone else grabbed her. But that doesn't seem likely, I guess. I don't think there's a great sexual attraction to women in their 50s. But it does happen.

Obviously, people need to find out what took place at that bar.

I'm having trouble imagining a scenario where someone would plan to leave and then decide to do some laundry. If you're not even taking your phone and keys, why would you take the time to do laundry?
BBM
What if the mailman (bogus?) drove up in the driveway DELIVERING a (bogus) package, or trying to find an address? What if it was NOT REALLY a mailman, but someone masquerading as a rural delivery man that grabbed her? What if it was a friend/acquaintance of her new boyfriend that knew where he lived and decided to visit knowing he'd be at work, and when a proposition was rebuffed - maybe he got violent?

I know it was stated that the neighbor wasn't reliable, but I wouldn't discount everything just yet. He might have seen SOMETHING.

As far as the sexual attraction to women in their 50's - ouch, that's not nice I think it's a matter of perspective. I hope my life isn't over at 50. LOL

Anyway, just some more musings - trying to find Nancy...

“Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not.”

“If you want to catch beasts you don't see every day, you have to go places quite out of the way,
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mahoolin For This Useful Post:
Old 06-11-2012, 07:02 PM
Wear Pink & Eat Cake ~ Lauren Giddings

I'm still torn, and do not have sense about Nancy's disappearance.

It's hard to believe she would leave and be gone for this amount of time without calling JJ. But I'm seeing it through my own POV.

pmason, is JJ Nancy's only child? Were there any recent disagreements? How was Nancy supporting herself and was she looking for a job? Thank you for sharing with us, by the way
Old 06-11-2012, 07:03 PM

HeinekenMan: ---

I agree that we shouldn't completely discount the box and the blue car. I was trying to point out that maybe the G.C.S.O. feels that the information is not reliable since they do not include it in the information about Nancy on their website ( http://www.guilfordcountysheriff.com...ews&Itemid=332).
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Considering For This Useful Post:
Old 06-11-2012, 07:33 PM

Do we know if it was Nancy's habit to get up early in the morning? I know I wouldn't be fully dressed seeing my boyfriend off at 5:30am - I'd have on my jammies and (maybe) a robe (and maybe) see him off to work, unless I had to be dressed and had to be somewhere too; otherwise, I'd be in bed. Especially after a late night.

If I'd come in and fallen asleep "totally smashed" in my clothes... maybe, I'd be dressed, but definitely not up at that time of the morning. If she is wanting to get out of the relationship, or just isn't ready for it yet, would she still be the perfect woman, and get up and dress no matter how she felt?

Do we know anything about her new man? Divorced, widowed? Children, childless? Live nearby, far away? Is he from the general area? Have friends there, or new to town? So many variables to consider. ETA, not sleuthing him, just wondering about their life in general - just the two of them, or lot of family and friends (other than hers) they spend time with.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mahoolin For This Useful Post:
Old 06-11-2012, 10:25 PM

Are we really sure that it was Nancy who hung the sheets to dry?
Remind me please how we know this.

<Waves at Considering> Hiya!

ETA: IOW How do we know the BF did not wash and hang them to dry before he left for work.
And if he did...why?
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dsntslp For This Useful Post:
Old 06-11-2012, 10:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsntslp View Post
Are we really sure that it was Nancy who hung the sheets to dry?
Remind me please how we know this.

<Waves at Considering> Hiya!

ETA: IOW How do we know the BF did not wash and hang them to dry before he left for work.
And if he did...why?
Very good question that I've wondered about as well. I don't think we know for a fact that Nancy put those sheets on the clotheline. I think that's an assumption that people have made, probably based on a report that a) there were sheets hanging up and b) a dog reportedly tracked Nancy's scent from the house to the clothesline to the driveway. That isn't proof that Nancy hung those sheets on the line -- at least in my mind, it isn't.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Considering For This Useful Post: