Websleuths
Go Back   Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community > Featured Case Discussion > Hot Cases > Mickey Shunick > Mickey Shunick General Discussion Threads

Notices

Mickey Shunick General Discussion Threads Prior discussions stored here for reference

Old 06-03-2012, 02:27 PM
It may be the cock that crows, but it is the hen that lays the eggs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamamia54 View Post
Update 5/25/2012: Detectives were able to identify a bicyclist believed to be Mickey Shunick travelling on Versailles Blvd and Saint Landry Street. At approximately 1:47AM the bicyclist is captured on Versallies Blvd travelling towards St. John Street. She then travelled on St. John Street and crossed over University Avenue, continuing west on St. Landry Street where she was captured on video at approximately 1:48PM.
http://findmickeynow.com/

So there is a minute difference.
Correct. ? Do you think this unprobable? It was the misinformation on the cams across from the hospital that I hadn't seen in the media.
Old 06-03-2012, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTruthWillOut View Post
So...........What does this mean?
I wonder if they looked at the clocks of the different cameras. Found their time differences and adjusted them so they are in sync.
The Following User Says Thank You to crzimmer For This Useful Post:
Old 06-03-2012, 02:30 PM
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollyblue View Post
Correct. ? Do you think this unprobable? It was the misinformation on the cams across from the hospital that I hadn't seen in the media.
I'm really not certain. I don't think that anyone at this point wants to mislead, just don't know what to think.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mamamia54 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-03-2012, 02:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CocoChanel View Post
Off-topic, but the answer to the question above is Samuel McKay Everett.
His killer was executed in 2003.
TY, CocoChanel. Kidnapper Hilton Lewis Crawford; prior LE & ran a security firm. Whiskey Bay, was a very long distance for a disposal site from TX.

http://www.clarkprosecutor.org/html/...rawford861.htm
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Foxfire For This Useful Post:
Old 06-03-2012, 02:33 PM
Verified registered nurse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allusonz View Post
Ouch

The bottom left hand corner of the one photo is stamped:

02:03:42 Sat May 19 2012

http://www.lafayettela.gov/upload/im...icture%201.jpg
It sure does! What is the problem here?! Maybe it should be brought to LE's attention, esp since it specifically states 'Saturday'!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Isabelle For This Useful Post:
Old 06-03-2012, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isabelle View Post
It sure does! What is the problem here?! Maybe it should be brought to LE's attention, esp since it specifically states 'Saturday'!
It was Saturday. 2 am in the morning.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to crzimmer For This Useful Post:
Old 06-03-2012, 02:35 PM

Quote:
But, what now bothers me, is that other white truck, heading away from Landry on University, there has to also be a discrepancy on that time as well. Adding, apparently this one has been ruled out.
I think its the same truck!

JMO
Old 06-03-2012, 02:36 PM

Quote:
This definately needs to be checked into.

We are talking a 12 minute difference from what has been released to the time on the photo.

It could be a sync problem but if it is not then that means we are probably dealing with a very different window of opportunity and a much different timeframe.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Allusonz For This Useful Post:
Old 06-03-2012, 02:39 PM
Private Investigator

Quote:
I don't think they were trying to lie to us or mislead us about the times because otherwise they would've made sure to crop that out. I imagine the timestamp at the top is just a corrected one because the times on all cams weren't accurate or in sync.
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to A.C.I For This Useful Post:
Old 06-03-2012, 02:41 PM

all of those pictures of the whiskey bay exit are so creepy. the photographer did a good job.

as to a camera being there. i do hope they put one, but these kidnapper killers will just find some other creepy area to dump things and people. so sad.

i wonder if DTL was acting alone in his all of his murders? just a thought. maybe he had an accomplice some of the times? someone that is still on the outside. i doubt it, but trying to think like those crazy mystery shows do
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to justwannahelp For This Useful Post:
Old 06-03-2012, 02:42 PM

i sure do wish chicken fried will finish his work soon. i'm eager to see what he found out. things seem so dead end right now.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to justwannahelp For This Useful Post:
Old 06-03-2012, 02:42 PM
Resident Drinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by maedlamsmom View Post
That is odd. Maybe the camera that took that pic does not have an accurately set clock and LE were aware of that and used the difference from "realtime" to calculate the official timestamp.

I brought this issue up several threads ago, and I'm only left to assume that LE uses a "Relative Time" concept to sync all of the different cameras to a standardized/official (e.g. the Atomic Clock, an indicator of which is that little tone you hear at the exact moment of "top of the hour", leading into the news, if you listen to any of the major radio news networks).

So the timestamp on the LCG video may be 8 minutes ahead/behind a different location's video, but LE likely has taken that into consideration and, based on their "official time" baseline, lists the correct time in any official releases.

At least that would be how I would handle it. Of course, YMMV.

ETA: Yeah, what A.C.I. said.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to HouDat For This Useful Post:
Old 06-03-2012, 02:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.C.I View Post
I don't think they were trying to lie to us or mislead us about the times because otherwise they would've made sure to crop that out. I imagine the timestamp at the top is just a corrected one because the times on all cams weren't accurate or in sync.
They could have assumed the LCG video had the correct time stamp. That , of course, would be assuming that the government clocks are on time.

Chicken Fried was intimating last night that the ones in the back may not have been functioning, so....
Old 06-03-2012, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.C.I View Post
At the very least it adds to my unease with LPD. IMO there should have been a note released with the pic to disregard the bottom timestamp. Or, for that matter, to disregard the top timestamp.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Schmidty For This Useful Post:
Old 06-03-2012, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HouDat View Post
I brought this issue up several threads ago, and I'm only left to assume that LE uses a "Relative Time" concept to sync all of the different cameras to a standardized/official (e.g. the Atomic Clock, an indicator of which is that little tone you hear at the exact moment of "top of the hour", leading into the news, if you listen to any of the major radio news networks).

So the timestamp on the LCG video may be 8 minutes ahead/behind a different location's video, but LE likely has taken that into consideration and, based on their "official time" baseline, lists the correct time in any official releases.

At least that would be how I would handle it. Of course, YMMV.
That's a good thought. They could easily compare them to the atomic clock and adjust accordingly. Probably routine in such investigations.
Old 06-03-2012, 02:45 PM

Quote:
So, that's already three people found out there, and possibly one more, Mickey. I think it's high time Lafayette people start to sit on the steps of City Hall and demand cameras out there at Whiskey Bridge. Had they already had them, we might know who took Mickey. Or at least have some better idea who did it.
It's not in Lafayette Parish!
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to kgeaux For This Useful Post:
Old 06-03-2012, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eileen730 View Post
didnt he graduate High School?
Maybe i read wrong!

Is he young?
yes, he graduated highschool. i think they said he was 17, which is still young. 17 year olds are vulnerable. i know that he's going to college and all, but i would still try to protect him from the spotlight. emotionally i think it would be very difficult to go through those media interviews. i felt so bad for charlene when the radio DJ said, so tell me, your sister WAS a friendly person. she DIDN'T have any enemies etc. he used past tense a few times and i could see in her face that it got to her.
The Following User Says Thank You to justwannahelp For This Useful Post:
Old 06-03-2012, 02:47 PM
Private Investigator

Quote:
Originally Posted by crzimmer View Post
They could have assumed the LCG video had the correct time stamp. That , of course, would be assuming that the government clocks are on time.

Chicken Fried was intimating last night that the ones in the back may not have been functioning, so....
Why would the back cameras not function but the front ones do? I don't see that being the case
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to A.C.I For This Useful Post:
Old 06-03-2012, 02:48 PM

I believe I have found a live feed of the actual camera that captured the Olds 98 and white truck outside the cemetery.

I want to get permission before posting the link.

The link is publicly accessible.
Old 06-03-2012, 02:49 PM
Private Investigator

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTruthWillOut View Post
I believe I have found a live feed of the actual camera that captured the Olds 98 and white truck outside the cemetery.

I want to get permission before posting the link.

The link is publicly accessible.
Its public. Post away!
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to A.C.I For This Useful Post:
Old 06-03-2012, 02:49 PM
I'd like to solve the puzzle...

(hi, i'm new)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eileen730 View Post
didnt he graduate High School?
Maybe i read wrong!

Is he young?
I've been following these threads from the beginning. I'm from Lafayette but now live in NOLA, don't know Mickey but have plenty friends-of-friends-of-friends connections (because that's how Laf is) ...

Yes he graduated high school on the Sunday of the weekend she went missing. When she missed the graduation, that's when the family knew something was up.

(Sorry to respond to this so late, I've been waiting for mod approval.)
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to ashola_nola For This Useful Post:
Old 06-03-2012, 02:50 PM
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgeaux View Post
It's not in Lafayette Parish!
Oh ok, I didn't know, but who's ever jurisdiction it's in needs to be pushed for a cam out there.
The Following User Says Thank You to mamamia54 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-03-2012, 02:51 PM
Verified Juanette

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashola_nola View Post
I've been following these threads from the beginning. I'm from Lafayette but now live in NOLA, don't know Mickey but have plenty friends-of-friends-of-friends connections (because that's how Laf is) ...

Yes he graduated high school on the Sunday of the weekend she went missing. When she missed the graduation, that's when the family knew something was up.

to WS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashola_nola View Post

Thanks and welcome.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Allusonz For This Useful Post:
I'd like to solve the puzzle...

Quote:
Oh ok, I didn't know, but who's ever jurisdiction it's in needs to be pushed for a cam out there.
(I'm for more cameras in general. Go ahead, "invade my privacy," if it means I'm safer - especially in sketchy areas.)
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ashola_nola For This Useful Post: