Websleuths
Go Back   Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community > Current Events > Crimes in the News

Notices

Crimes in the News Read and comment about current crimes committed. Remember the copyright laws when posting news stories!

Old 06-11-2012, 08:50 PM
These boys are my heartstrings!

Man With Vampire Teeth Arrested For Attacking Homeless Man

Holy, Holy!

Is it open season on homeless people?? WTH?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/0...ime&ref=topbar

Quote:
Early Monday morning, police were called to a shopping center in the La Jolla section of San Diego by someone who saw the victim standing outside a CVS Pharmacy, San Diego police Capt. Brian Ahearn told the paper.

Officials arrived to find a 55-year-old man wounded and bleeding with his left eye swollen shut, Ahearn said.

"The attacker kicked him repeatedly in the face, head and ribs while saying that he wanted to kill him," Ahearn told La Jolla Patch.

However, it should be noted that the man who did the attacking did so by kicking the victim, not biting him, despite having a set of choppers perfect for the job.
The Following User Says Thank You to Lovejac For This Useful Post:
Old 06-11-2012, 09:14 PM

Its terrible what people do to those who can't defend themselves. A week ago Sunday our family with others went to a restaurant in downtown Flint, MI, to celebrate my oldest granddaughter's high school graduation. A homeless man, wearing a heavy winter jacket in 75+ degree temperatures, came into the restaurant and stooped down right in front of my face. He quietly asked, "Would you please buy me something to eat?" I was caught by surprise and shook my head no. He got up and quietly said OK and left the restaurant. When I realized what he'd asked, I could have kicked myself. He didn't ask for money or anything but food and I had food in front of me and money in my purse. I got some bills out of my purse and went searching for the guy. It took me awhile to find him. When I saw him across a street, I yelled "sir" and held up the money where he could see it. He came running so fast that I was afraid he'd get hit by a car crossing the busy downtown street. I gave him the money and he thanked me over and over and smiled broadly. I was surprised to see that he had a full mouth of straight white teeth and he was neatly groomed and clean in spite of the heavy winter coat. My husband told me that the guy would probably use the money to get some drinks instead of food. I told him that if that's what makes the guy happy, then so be it. At least, he had the option of eating that day. The restaurant said the guy paces up and down the street, back and forth, in front of that restaurant all day every day. He sleeps either on the ground outside a nearly hotel (has heat grates in winter where homeless congregate to keep warm) or maybe in a shelter. I feel sad for the life the guy lives and the things he is missing in life. He is different from the phony homeless who stand by the expressway ramps begging for money and then go home to their houses, and usually refuse work when its offered to them. Those people carry signs saying they are homeless or saying that they will work for food (but refuse work when its offered). The downtown homeless go through trash cans looking for bits of food leftovers and for cans they can turn into money by taking them to a local store to get the can and bottle refunds. Some groups of people take sandwiches to these homeless if they don't get caught by police. If they are caught, the police will stop them because the sandwiches weren't make in a "licensed, inspected kitchen." Of course, if they put the sandwiches in the trash, then the homeless can come and pick them out and eat them! I feel protective towards these unfortunate homeless, some of whom are mentally ill, and I would never do anything to hurt them. I don't know how some people can hurt them or take advantage of them. That's so mean!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jan For This Useful Post:
Old 06-11-2012, 09:58 PM
These boys are my heartstrings!

Bless you for having such a giving spirit, Jan.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Lovejac For This Useful Post:
Old 06-12-2012, 12:09 AM
KICKING AND SHINING

Your kindness was truly appreciated, Jan.

As if it's not hard enough out on the street there's creeps preying on those less fortunate. Vampires no less.