Websleuths
Go Back   Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community > Featured Case Discussion > Hot Cases > Luka Rocco Magnotta AKA Eric Newman

Notices

Luka Rocco Magnotta AKA Eric Newman Charged in the brutal murder and dismemberment of Lin Jun. Please join our discussion about this bizarre and tragic case.


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #726  
Old 06-24-2012, 07:06 PM
Scientific Scientific is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 118
As an ex stripper I can tell you it's not all about fluid motions though that can help at times. Eye contact and charm go a long way. These aren't ballet dancers (male strippers). And most dancers won't be remembered. They hop clubs pretty quickly usually, fit stereotypes, dress up so that they don't even look like their normal selves, use fake names, often don't even make close friends at work, etc.

There's no reason not to believe he was capable of doing fine in the sex industry. The vast majority, while never big names, can make a decent living off of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shimmers View Post
Ok on some random note, is there footage of him actually stripping? I, for one, can't believe he was very succesfull. In the MSM footage where you can see him walk or move, he did come across as "stiff" ( esp. the upper body ). Not someone with fluid motions, which you should somewhat expect, since one is using music as a prop to discard certain clothing items.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Scientific For This Useful Post:
  #727  
Old 06-24-2012, 07:13 PM
Mozzmo Mozzmo is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 181
RE: Dancing Abilities

If I recollect correctly, LM did his stripping while very young...around age 19 (not sure on this..)? Anyway, much of his tippers and eventual prostituting clients where much older, over 50. Although it may have been technically "legal"...I still find it as having both a pedophillic vibe and having sex with predatory types. IMO, the older male predators could give a f*** about his dancing skills.

An ironic thought I have about this is that after years and years of having been preyed upon by older men....he himself preyed upon an innocent. Doubt this was conscious but none the less it's ironic.
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Mozzmo For This Useful Post:
  #728  
Old 06-24-2012, 07:18 PM
sillybilly's Avatar
sillybilly sillybilly is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: State of Confusion, Canada
Posts: 6,806
Quote:
Originally Posted by HastingsChi View Post
And he made such an impact in the adult film industry that not one blog, film review site or message board highlights, mentions the name he used in porn or hyped his performance...



Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S II
You have forgotten that yours truly (aka "perv") accidentally gave him a rating in some telephone directory in Toronto. That's gotta count for something
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to sillybilly For This Useful Post:
  #729  
Old 06-24-2012, 07:28 PM
HastingsChi's Avatar
HastingsChi HastingsChi is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Chicago, IL USA
Posts: 1,464
Quote:
Originally Posted by sillybilly View Post
You have forgotten that yours truly (aka "perv") accidentally gave him a rating in some telephone directory in Toronto. That's gotta count for something
His only positive review as an escort came for your rating...
You realize that because of your post-crime positive rating of Magnotta that was done while he was still at large that you're likely on some sort of government or LE watch-list
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to HastingsChi For This Useful Post:
  #730  
Old 06-24-2012, 07:42 PM
sillybilly's Avatar
sillybilly sillybilly is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: State of Confusion, Canada
Posts: 6,806
Quote:
Originally Posted by HastingsChi View Post
His only positive review as an escort came for your rating...
You realize that because of your post-crime positive rating of Magnotta that was done while he was still at large that you're likely on some sort of government or LE watch-list
a meek heh heh ... have been for years i think
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sillybilly For This Useful Post:
  #731  
Old 06-24-2012, 08:15 PM
Sunday Sunday is offline
Insidious Menace
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: U.S.
Posts: 336
Quote:
Originally Posted by CARIIS View Post
It is so fascinating to me; yes he lied a lot, a lot more than most folks not suffering with NPD.......but the illness in and of itself makes it not lying! It is relentless efforts to be perfect great etc. etc
.
BUT, and again, moderators, I am not attacking, but have any of us not told white lies? All it is about, (I am making numbers up), is that for someone not suffering with NPD, we lie 9.8% of the time.

Does that mean that we are never honest? No it means we white lie 9.8% of the time!
His illness mandates that his % of lies is 89.4% of the time.
The point is:
No one, is ever , anything , always ....

It is a human impossibility...

..
There are so many truths in this guy’s stuff, , I will kill , I like bondage - all sorts of stuff - did he embellish yes NPD, did he cut and paste to appear smart, yes, NPD - but at the same time, was he not totally honest in declaring things that no killer has ever declared AHEAD of time.?.................I SHALL KILL.....

So, if I can online, for three years, tell the world I like killing, blood, feces etc., when he tells us his mother tied him up – no one believes him. How does this make sense?

Lying involves risk. If I can tell the world I am killing, who could possibly think me saying my parents kept my baby brother in the room for days is a LIE?
…..if that is not the ultimate example OF HONESTY I need you guys to help me see what I am missing!!!!!!!!!
I think I get what you are saying, but I disagree with your theory about lying not being lying if you have NPD. That's like saying a compulsive liar's lies are lessor lies because of their mental problem. Let me try to understand... I think what you are saying is that their lies are relative to our own given the fact that we are normal and they have a disorder. Is that correct? Or are you just saying that someone with NPD makes up lies or embellishes to feed their disorder rather than lying just for the sake of lying, or lying just to harm others? I'm not sure there is a staunch difference. A lie is a lie despite the reasoning behind it.

However, I share your sentiments towards those who choose to believe the horrible and disgusting things Luka has posted yet they refuse to believe anything that might encite empathy or compassion, such as his allegations of abuse. Like I've stated previously, people only hear what they want to hear and only believe what they want to believe.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sunday For This Useful Post:
  #732  
Old 06-24-2012, 08:34 PM
matou's Avatar
matou matou is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Toronto
Posts: 12,386
Does anyone know LM's last address and his prior address? This article is saying that police were looking for him at his prior address and he had just moved out. He told his landlord that he was moving to Toronto. In fact, he moved only a few kilometers away in Montreal. The move in February was abrupt.

http://www.thestar.com/news/canada/a...e-killing?bn=1
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to matou For This Useful Post:
  #733  
Old 06-24-2012, 08:42 PM
sillybilly's Avatar
sillybilly sillybilly is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: State of Confusion, Canada
Posts: 6,806
IMO, there's a big difference between fibs, little white lies and flat-out pathological lying. Luka is a pathological liar, so trying to determine the truth in anything he's said or projected is a shot in the dark for any of us and almost an impossibility. Pathological lying can stand alone, but is also common in narcissism, anti-social PD, sociopathy and psychopathy, BPD, etc.

Other than what LRM has said online, we only have a very few facts to rely on in even beginning to know the truth .. statements by those who have known him personally and the facts we have learned from LE about the crime and the investigation.

Too many articles on the subject to choose any one link that is better than others, but just a quick google of pathological liar will keep one busy for ... years?
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to sillybilly For This Useful Post:
  #734  
Old 06-24-2012, 08:49 PM
Donyale Donyale is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 209
Quote:
Originally Posted by jellybeanz View Post
And just a few days later, minutes into Christmas Day, was on extreme bondage forums looking for a date to force him to eat ****, beat him up, rape him, dump him miles from their abode naked and humiliated then joke about it all when he got back home.
He felt nothing for nobody but himself.
Talking about christmas, I was looking at this post here:
http://www.animalloversweb.com/cgi-b...?m-1321927536/
and wondered if this is how LM got inspired to make that christmas cat video?
was it released right after that post or the previous year?

Also, I've just read that craiglist ad you guys discussed in earlier threads,
http://montreal.en.craigslist.ca/pet/3028025108.html
and after I compared the contents with cutelittlenemo1 posts on animallovers and petsugar pet-peeves, there is no doubt in my mind that ad was written by Magnotta. It is the same story he used before. Even the expression "time waster" from the rape S&M board ads. I'm so sad for the dog from the video, hope he didn't suffer a horrible death like JL
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Donyale For This Useful Post:
  #735  
Old 06-24-2012, 09:03 PM
Mozzmo Mozzmo is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 181
Quote:
I'm so sad for the dog from the video, hope he didn't suffer a horrible death like JL
IMO, the puppy was in the dumpster and went out with the trash. I hardly doubt LM cared enough about the animal to "find it a good home". He was ankle deep in Lin Jun's blood and busily butchering, washing and packaging body parts. To imagine him actually editing his video while body parts were scattered throughout his hovel is mind jarring. No, I don't see him "caring" for the puppy. He dispensed of the puppy after it performed its role in what would become LM's ghoulish magma opus.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mozzmo For This Useful Post:
  #736  
Old 06-24-2012, 09:11 PM
Donyale Donyale is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 209
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mozzmo View Post
IMO, the puppy was in the dumpster and went out with the trash. I hardly doubt LM cared enough about the animal to "find it a good home". He was ankle deep in Lin Jun's blood and busily butchering, washing and packaging body parts. To imagine him actually editing his video while body parts were scattered throughout his hovel is mind jarring. No, I don't see him "caring" for the puppy. He dispensed of the puppy after it performed its role in what would become LM's ghoulish magma opus.
maybe I didn't express myself properly since english is not my native english.
I know the dog is dead, in the craigslist ad is says the dog 'will be in heaven'. I just hope Magnotta killed at once and didn't make him suffer. That's what I meant. Hope I made myself clear
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Donyale For This Useful Post:
  #737  
Old 06-24-2012, 09:19 PM
Mozzmo Mozzmo is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 181
Quote:
maybe I didn't express myself properly since english is not my native english.
I know the dog is dead, in the craigslist ad is says the dog 'will be in heaven'. I just hope Magnotta killed at once and didn't make him suffer. That's what I meant. Hope I made myself clear
Ah, okay. Anybody's guess how the puppy was killed. I'm not a dog owner and am unclear as to a dog's natural instincts to lick/nibble away at human blood/flesh. I highly suspect he either didn't feed the dog as to make in so hungry it would eat human or that he enticed the dog to do so by putting something appealing to a dog on on Lin Jun's open wound as to get the puppy to munch on it. Given, he killed 4 cats in 3 horrible ways, I don't think we could know the "how" on this one. I had wondered if he'd mail the dead dog somewhere but that has not manifested so I'm sticking with my first hypothesis, that it's buried in the dump somewhere now.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mozzmo For This Useful Post:
  #738  
Old 06-24-2012, 10:07 PM
CuriousRus CuriousRus is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 87
Quote:
Originally Posted by sillybilly View Post
Reading back through the excerpt from the email to Adam West, I notice that he consistently uses capital "I", whereas in other online ramblings he uses "I" and "i" interchangeably.

In more recent years (and in light of extensive online communications with peeps who don't know me personally), I have started to do the same thing consciously ... because i don't wish to be perceived as arrogant through the use of too many capitals. However, not sure LRM is that deep consciously. So, i wonder about his mood in that particular correspondence ... does he subconsciously vacillate between feeling insignificant (the small "i") and then going into megalomania when he consistently uses the capital "I".

Another thought is that, like me, he made a conscious decision to use the small "i" online .. but in his case it was an attempt to make himself appear less intimidating so that unsuspecting peeps would think he was trustworthy and harmless.

I was online back in the BTK days, and a poster confided in me that their user name was carefully chosen and in all small letters to appear less imposing in the event the killer was online and might choose to make contact with the poster. (LOL, and it was NOT "sillybilly").
I don't know about the i or I stuff, but I noticed that in his posting in the closet, he isn't consistent where he uses upper and lower case. If you look at a picture of the closet writing, it is sort of emphasizing certain words with caps, but sort of not. I'm not sure is there is any psychology to this or not, but just something I noticed as well. It almost looks like it's written as a title of a book or movie.
http://fullcomment.nationalpost.com/...ave-ever-seen/
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to CuriousRus For This Useful Post:
  #739  
Old 06-24-2012, 10:30 PM
Mbshafeena Mbshafeena is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 276
Well I think his family will be called by the crown to appear in court so hopefully they will shed some light on his dysfunction. If you recall family said they had not seen for some time and mentioned how much he had hurt the family. LM's post online could be what they were alluding to, the posts against the family.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Mbshafeena For This Useful Post:
  #740  
Old 06-24-2012, 10:33 PM
CuriousRus CuriousRus is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 87
Quote:
Originally Posted by pippirose View Post
Something occurred to me:
LM always lists himself as "bisexual", yet has he ever really had a sexual relationship (not counting alleged abuse) with a woman? Does he even find them sexually attractive? All his porn has been gay porn, gay escort, and his relationships have been either with men, or transgendered individuals.
So he isn't really "bisexual", then, is he? But he seems to have a problem with identifying himself as "just" gay.

Regarding his transgender girlfriends--maybe he's attracted to the woman part (nurturing, love), but for sex, there has to be male anatomy.
I don't believe he has gender confusion regarding himself--I doubt he wanted to be a woman, or there would be more photographic evidence. Cross-dressing, full drag. Even hormones, to have breasts. Most transgendered people practice their life as the opposite gender for years before they do any permanent changes. He didn't seem to do any of that.

His stories of incest may not be a total lie, in his mind. They may be a fantasy of his--(his mother, his step-mother, aunt, sister).
This would make him feel shameful. He knows it's wrong, and it makes him feel really crazy.
He may really love the women in his life, but was in turmoil (especially in his teens, when his sexual identity was forming). Combine that with sexual abuse as a child...
Maybe he even molested his sister?

All just thoughts. So many questions...so little facts.
I think labeling himself as bisexual has a wider appeal to a wider audience in some sort of twisted way of thinking; if you're considered bi, then women might find that more appealing and want you too. IMO it its with the whole narcissism and wanting to be super famous. Some say James Dean was bisexual, while many said he was gay. (Makes me think of the South Park episode where butters is innocently labeled bisexual and sent to a place to fix him)
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to CuriousRus For This Useful Post:
  #741  
Old 06-24-2012, 10:36 PM
Haunted82's Avatar
Haunted82 Haunted82 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 147
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbshafeena View Post
Well I think his family will be called by the crown to appear in court so hopefully they will shed some light on his dysfunction. If you recall family said they had not seen for some time and mentioned how much he had hurt the family. LM's post online could be what they were alluding to, the posts against the family.
If even SOME of what was posted is true (and I actually believe some of it is - given what the one aunt said in the interview in the coffee shop plus other stuff reported) , they'll have some answering of their own to do. So far from what I've gathered, they are FAR from just the 'poor innocent' family stuck in the middle of this. And again, it doesn't excuse the crime committed, but as we learn more patterns of where these people come from and where the seeds are sown ... its the same stories over and over.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Haunted82 For This Useful Post:
  #742  
Old 06-24-2012, 10:40 PM
CuriousRus CuriousRus is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 87
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donyale View Post
If you're a crazy, so am I
I think your comment makes totally sense, it would be very easy to Magnotta to become a woman and fool everyone in his new life. Maybe that was his real plan, he didn't expect to be caught so soon, in his own narcissistic madness he was invicible, it would take years to be traced. Or maybe he just wanted to be caught, who knows... this case is like a plot from some movie, so many questions and possibilities...
That's just like Alexis Reich who was John Karr. Once again, LM allegedly used "Alexis Reich's" name to post the killvid. Google the name ..very creepy.
The Following User Says Thank You to CuriousRus For This Useful Post:
  #743  
Old 06-24-2012, 10:43 PM
Mbshafeena Mbshafeena is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 276
I promise you this is worth reading....
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Mbshafeena For This Useful Post:
  #744  
Old 06-25-2012, 12:03 AM
Karmady Karmady is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 4,731
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbshafeena View Post
I promise you this is worth reading....
idk about that person...seems a little off her rocker to me even if her ex is also. However, the book she mentions, The Sociopath Nextdoor, is definitely worth a read, imo
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Karmady For This Useful Post:
  #745  
Old 06-25-2012, 12:12 AM
CuriousRus CuriousRus is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 87
Just a thought, but LM is painted by many here as being a "copy cat" killer by bringing elements of famous serial killers and movies to his own alleged crime. While I think this is true, part of me thinks that we only witness his copy cat because he utilized the Internet to express it. I'm guessing serial killers are all inspired by other killers/movies/books/etc. I don't think these people just wake up one day and decide to kill in a particular pattern; they are influenced. The difference here is that we aren't privy to seeing these serial killers' influences because that would require much, much more effort than in the case at hand.

Even though this bothers me and I don't see it as giving him any credit, by virtue of the fact that he used the Internet and made himself so well publicized, makes him somewhat unique as an alleged killer. If proven guilty, he is the first google bomber killer.

Unfortunately I fear this is going to spawn others to act out on fantasies or a means to gain attention. On a lesser but still just as disturbing trend, you hear and see all these videos of mostly kids committing crimes and then posting them on the net. They seem to get off on who can out do the last video and LE can't even keep up. Even LE is seems desensitized, because it is so frequent and often not proven easy to catch these guys. Even the original guy who reported this killvid, wasn't taken seriously.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to CuriousRus For This Useful Post:
  #746  
Old 06-25-2012, 01:26 AM
Sunday Sunday is offline
Insidious Menace
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: U.S.
Posts: 336
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbshafeena View Post
I promise you this is worth reading....
That's excellent, and sounds all too familiar!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sunday For This Useful Post:
  #747  
Old 06-25-2012, 02:48 AM
CARIIS CARIIS is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,576
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mozzmo View Post
RE: Gender Reassignment/Cross Dressing

IMO I do not see that as part of LM's psychological profile. I don't find his sexual orientation ambiguities as unexpected either. Often persons with personality disorders have sexual orientation issues and or poor boundaries. LM even has posts where by he self-describes himself as Borderline...and lack of boundaries and sexuality issues are very common among this population. Given the significant absence of empathy/compassion that LM has, I could see him at least behaving bisexually as means of increasing the amount of persons he could exploit. Psychopaths/sociopaths are adept at creating the vision their victim wants to see. It's always an illusion because they have no real emotional self to portray.
Often persons with personality disorders have sexual orientation issues and or poor boundaries.
I agree!
I think he was gay. A lot of gay men have sex with woman!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to CARIIS For This Useful Post:
  #748  
Old 06-25-2012, 02:52 AM
CARIIS CARIIS is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,576
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scientific View Post
As an ex stripper I can tell you it's not all about fluid motions though that can help at times. Eye contact and charm go a long way. These aren't ballet dancers (male strippers). And most dancers won't be remembered. They hop clubs pretty quickly usually, fit stereotypes, dress up so that they don't even look like their normal selves, use fake names, often don't even make close friends at work, etc.

There's no reason not to believe he was capable of doing fine in the sex industry. The vast majority, while never big names, can make a decent living off of it.
I also think that he made money dealing drugs, however dealing does not lend itself to interviews on the job of the week broadcasts!
  #749  
Old 06-25-2012, 02:57 AM
CARIIS CARIIS is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,576
Well if you are the best: looking best model,person.dressor,friend,lover,escort you must be the best murderer too guys!
The Following User Says Thank You to CARIIS For This Useful Post:
  #750  
Old 06-25-2012, 03:02 AM
CARIIS CARIIS is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,576
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunday View Post
I think I get what you are saying, but I disagree with your theory about lying not being lying if you have NPD. That's like saying a compulsive liar's lies are lessor lies because of their mental problem. Let me try to understand... I think what you are saying is that their lies are relative to our own given the fact that we are normal and they have a disorder. Is that correct? Or are you just saying that someone with NPD makes up lies or embellishes to feed their disorder rather than lying just for the sake of lying, or lying just to harm others? I'm not sure there is a staunch difference. A lie is a lie despite the reasoning behind it.

However, I share your sentiments towards those who choose to believe the horrible and disgusting things Luka has posted yet they refuse to believe anything that might encite empathy or compassion, such as his allegations of abuse. Like I've stated previously, people only hear what they want to hear and only believe what they want to believe.
I did not state it clearly. IMI his lying served different purposes than others without NPD. It is a symptom if you will of the illiness. I did not mean it does not make them a lie in that context - its not lying to get out of something I guess is better. Its lying to build self up to meet the cravings of perfection the NPD needs relentlessly - does that make more sense?
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Armchair Psych Profile- George Zimmerman elementary George Zimmerman Trial/Trayvon Martin 26 05-24-2012 09:31 PM
TH armchair psych thread #2 32beatspersecond Kyron Horman 202 09-23-2010 03:44 PM
Terri's Armchair Psych Profile #1 cluciano63 Kyron Horman 200 09-16-2010 09:23 PM
JAG Armchair Psych Profile Family Dynamics JBean Chelsea King 187 05-01-2010 12:28 PM
Harrell Armchair Psych Profile JBean Somer Renee Thompson 13 04-17-2010 06:56 AM


© Copyright Websleuths 1999-2012 New To Site? Need Help?
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:26 AM.

Advertisements

Pre-Order Imperfect Justice: Prosecuting Casey Anthony today!