Websleuths
Go Back   Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community > Missing!! > Located Forum Discussion

Notices

Located Forum Discussion Discussion for those who were missing and are now located

Closed Thread

Old 06-25-2012, 05:39 PM
What a Kerfuffle...

Quote:
Originally Posted by katydid23 View Post
I was so tired last night when I posted, that I jumped to erroneous conclusions. I should not have said RIP. I guess it happens that way so often that I jumped to that awful conclusion. Sorry.
No... it's totally okay.

I just knew that someone would read your post and then we'd have three pages of "OMG, they found him?!"

So I just wanted to clarify before it got out of control. Obviously it's a very logical assumption...
I just wanted to ensure it was clear that we had not gotten information to verify it, even though it is suspected.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to MsFacetious For This Useful Post:
Old 06-25-2012, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by traacker13 View Post
I wonder if there were indications about previous interactions between the two (AB and Carnel) that would lead Carnels mother to come to the same conclusion as le regarding her ex

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2
I would bet that alarm bells went off in her head when she returned home and her precious child was not there. Her BF's response should have been to call her or report the missing child before she returned home to find him missing. Also, from "RUMORS", it sounds like people warned her to stay away from this BF because of his prison term. Maybe, gut instinct told her to stay away, but old habits are hard to break? She just didn't get away from the "bad boy"? Not to mention that he is also not cooperating with LE. I also wonder what his demeaner was when she asked him where her child was. How did he respond, and what was his demeanor?? I am really worried about this child.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=195327
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to cocomod For This Useful Post:
Old 06-25-2012, 05:57 PM

On the local TV news channel 12 (Flint--tri cities), Carnel's mother said she believes he is dead. She said she hopes he is alive but that its been too many days and she believes that he is "gone." I wonder if she has asked her boyfriend for details of how he disappeared and questioned him thoroughly, and if she believes what he says. I wonder what her relationship is with the boyfriend now?
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Jan For This Useful Post:
Old 06-25-2012, 05:59 PM
Carpe Noctem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan View Post
On the local TV news channel 12 (Flint--tri cities), Carnel's mother said she believes he is dead. She said she hopes he is alive but that its been too many days and she believes that he is "gone." I wonder if she has asked her boyfriend for details of how he disappeared and questioned him thoroughly, and if she believes what he says. I wonder what her relationship is with the boyfriend now?
for some reason this dosent surprise me, no snark intended.... so sad..
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to nervous_nellie For This Useful Post:
Old 06-25-2012, 06:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knox View Post
  • Adults in the life of missing 4-year-old Carnel Chamberlain – including his mother’s boyfriend, who has been termed a “person of interest” in his disappearance – have had several legal skirmishes and his biological father is imprisoned for felonious assault.
  • Carnel was born in January 2008 to a teenage mother with substance abuse problems and Michigan officials placed him in foster care and attempted to remove parental custody.
  • His mother’s boyfriend, Anthony Michael Bennett, 20, whom police have termed a “person of interest” in Carnel’s disappearance, was released unsatisfactorily from state probation a year ago.
http://www.themorningsun.com/article...-disappearance

MUCH more at link!
Baby boy never stood a chance. How sad he wasn't allowed to be adopted. Maybe mom decided he was worth something to her if she kept him......

The young and made mistakes excuse works better when a person is 16. Using live-in lover, felon as a babysitter isn't a mistake. It's wanton disregard for the welfare and safety of a child. IF this live-in is responsible for this baby being gone, I truly wish the mom could be charged, also. Child endangerment seems appropriate. Maybe if it happens enough times, these women will pay attention!!
Old 06-25-2012, 06:04 PM
ܡܫܠܡ

Quote:
Carnel's mother is heartbroken. She says her boyfriend's story just isn't adding up.

Jaimee Chamberlain is praying for the best, but she says her motherly instincts tell her to prepare for the worst. "My gut is he's gone. It's been in my gut and everybody's telling me to keep my faith up, but I know my son and, I know, I hope he's here, but it's been too many days."

Jaimee Chamberlain's boyfriend told her Carnel disappeared from the pool when he was left unattended.

But Jaimee says Carnel has never wandered off.

http://www.abc12.com/story/18874700/...d-speaking-out
Thank you Jan.
Video is not up at site yet.
Old 06-25-2012, 06:15 PM
ܡܫܠܡ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amster View Post
Baby boy never stood a chance. How sad he wasn't allowed to be adopted. Maybe mom decided he was worth something to her if she kept him......

The young and made mistakes excuse works better when a person is 16. Using live-in lover, felon as a babysitter isn't a mistake. It's wanton disregard for the welfare and safety of a child. IF this live-in is responsible for this baby being gone, I truly wish the mom could be charged, also. Child endangerment seems appropriate. Maybe if it happens enough times, these women will pay attention!!
Amster I agree and disagree with your post, but totally get where you are coming from.

I agree that every child deserves to be raised in a loving home.
I agree that letting a felon, who appears to be a tough-guy punk, live in your home and care for your child is a very bad decision.
I'm not sure about the child endangerment charges, would that really serve a purpose in this particular case? I always feel that a parent will forever torture themselves with "why did I -or- if only I" ....
Old 06-25-2012, 06:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by longtallcold View Post

Let's leave it at this about the mother please!!! TIA!
Why? If her bf is found to be responsible for disappearing Carnel, doesn't she bear some responsibility for bringing this guy into their lives?
Old 06-25-2012, 06:20 PM

Quote:
Amster I agree and disagree with your post, but totally get where you are coming from.

I agree that every child deserves to be raised in a loving home.
I agree that letting a felon, who appears to be a tough-guy punk, live in your home and care for your child is a very bad decision.
I'm not sure about the child endangerment charges, would that really serve a purpose in this particular case? I always feel that a parent will forever torture themselves with "why did I -or- if only I" ....
Guess I'm just thinking it might cause some other mom who is considering the same thing to think twice.
Old 06-25-2012, 06:36 PM
ܡܫܠܡ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amster View Post
Guess I'm just thinking it might cause some other mom who is considering the same thing to think twice.
I see what you are saying. But I don't think any Mom enters into a relationship with a man, with the idea they will hurt their child. I have a feeling that Jaimee herself was exposed to a certain amount of dysfunction in her life. So someone like Anthony Bennett, probably was not out of the normal range. Sad, but we see it over and over. I wish I had a cure, but I think all we can do is exert influence over those within our own sphere of life. But the person has to want to listen and take your advice ...

I have no idea if any of what I said above is true or applicable to JC. Think I'll just zip it now.
Old 06-25-2012, 06:38 PM
so many cases...so much heartbreak

Quote:
Originally Posted by longtallcold View Post

Let's leave it at this about the mother please!!! TIA!
It's so easy to want to blame her and scream that she should be charged too because we see this play out so often and think parents should know better by now but if it turns out that a man she brought into her child's life ending up taking his life she is going to be in a hell that none of us can imagine. She made a mistake that she will pay for for the rest of her life and what she will have to face with every single day will be far worse than any jail sentence.
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to vasportsmom For This Useful Post:
Old 06-25-2012, 07:47 PM
50K reward, Bob Harrod-Missing: Call Det. Radomski 714-993-8176

Quote:
  • Adults in the life of missing 4-year-old Carnel Chamberlain – including his mother’s boyfriend, who has been termed a “person of interest” in his disappearance – have had several legal skirmishes and his biological father is imprisoned for felonious assault.
  • Carnel was born in January 2008 to a teenage mother with substance abuse problems and Michigan officials placed him in foster care and attempted to remove parental custody.
  • His mother’s boyfriend, Anthony Michael Bennett, 20, whom police have termed a “person of interest” in Carnel’s disappearance, was released unsatisfactorily from state probation a year ago.

MUCH more at link!

Just catching up. We went to the Zoo today, something that I sit here in tears thinking Carnel should be able to do. I have to give some credit here. I think mom putting it 'all out there' will put to bed some of the rumor and distraction with the main focus here, finding Carnel.

I am curious how one is dismissed from probation unsatisfactorily without being incarcerated again. That one is lost on me.....

I was so hoping to come home and find Carnel was located.

A grandfather is someone with silver in his hair and gold in his heart. ~Author Unknown

Long Lost Love - Discovery ID - Disappeared - Bob Harrod Case

You can now purchase Mr. Harrod's Disappeared episode through Amazon, iTunes or YouTube.

Websleuths Resource Center

Call Kurtis - Psychics and the Missing
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Cubby For This Useful Post:
Old 06-25-2012, 07:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cocomod View Post
I would bet that alarm bells went off in her head when she returned home and her precious child was not there. Her BF's response should have been to call her or report the missing child before she returned home to find him missing. Also, from "RUMORS", it sounds like people warned her to stay away from this BF because of his prison term. Maybe, gut instinct told her to stay away, but old habits are hard to break? She just didn't get away from the "bad boy"? Not to mention that he is also not cooperating with LE. I also wonder what his demeaner was when she asked him where her child was. How did he respond, and what was his demeanor?? I am really worried about this child.

I read the link.... He was imprisoned for evading police in a police chase while drinking and driving. Dangerous, yes. Stupid, yes. Something that I would guess lots and lots of 18/19 yr old males have done. By lots and lots, I mean it's not necessarily something that one would make the leap he was capable of harming a child. I can think back to being that age - lots of guys did stupid things at that age.

Where I would question her judgement is as a recovered addict (based on earlier msm indicating substance abuse issues) why she wouldn't be more cautious IF she is still in recovery. I'm not sure she is based on the photo of the blunt at her FB page.

That said, this is one hell of a lesson. I'm in recovery myself, and I know not one, ever. Especially with children. But when one is still using, all common sense is tossed with addiction.

I'm praying he is found, soon. I'm still curious as to who else was reportedly at the house while mom was at work.

A grandfather is someone with silver in his hair and gold in his heart. ~Author Unknown

You can now purchase Mr. Harrod's Disappeared episode through Amazon, iTunes or YouTube.

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Cubby For This Useful Post:
Old 06-25-2012, 08:02 PM
Verified Juanette

Quote:
I see what you are saying. But I don't think any Mom enters into a relationship with a man, with the idea they will hurt their child. I have a feeling that Jaimee herself was exposed to a certain amount of dysfunction in her life. So someone like Anthony Bennett, probably was not out of the normal range. Sad, but we see it over and over. I wish I had a cure, but I think all we can do is exert influence over those within our own sphere of life. But the person has to want to listen and take your advice ...

I have no idea if any of what I said above is true or applicable to JC. Think I'll just zip it now.
To me, jmo, it should hinge upon whdether this 'babysitter' had ever been abusive/negligent/ incompetent with the child before. If mom had every reason to believe he was a good, even adequate caregiver, then she shouldn't be charged, imo.

HOWEVER, if we find that he had been doing some of the things that should raise red flags, like getting really high or drunk when watching the kids, or hitting them or doing cruel forms of punishment, or just flat out not watching them at all, even when around pools or letting them leave the home unattended, then I am not so sure. jmo
Old 06-25-2012, 08:03 PM
WS Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan View Post
It's rare a mom states she believes her child is gone.

I'm really not ready to persecute the mom yet but if she indeed is questioning the bf I wish she would change her FB status, I know thats unfair and trivial as she may not have been on for several hours, but it just bothers me. The one Uncle who has been posting alot has been very quiet which worries me. At one point in time he was the Tribal Chief and seems to keep everyone updated.

I agree with the poster who said the bf was just buying time. He probably has been there done that and probably IMO is accustom to a bed and 3 squares.
Whats a few more days?

Wish the little sweetheart is found soon.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Coldpizza For This Useful Post:
Old 06-25-2012, 08:37 PM

I know at this point it is hard not to point fingers at the mom, but the truth is what is done is done. What happens in court is yet to come. I have made many mistakes in my life 'I was "the bad seed" but this is not about me. Our focus is aiding the family and officals with finding Carnell. I know from time to time some of our guests or even members are the family or the law.Our insight may asist in bringing closure to this hurting family. I to have my opinions and I have stated them as far as the bf goes, but untill I have the facts about the relationship, I will not condemn the mom. This my opinion and I don't want to point fingers at you. We need to focus on the bf...work, friends,hangouts,does he drive. I know we have rules ... but if he is playing games and buying time ...those are things he is hiding.. Well can't find this info?
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to vinetec For This Useful Post:
Old 06-25-2012, 08:41 PM
ܡܫܠܡ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cubby View Post
Just catching up. We went to the Zoo today, something that I sit here in tears thinking Carnel should be able to do. I have to give some credit here. I think mom putting it 'all out there' will put to bed some of the rumor and distraction with the main focus here, finding Carnel.

I am curious how one is dismissed from probation unsatisfactorily without being incarcerated again. That one is lost on me.....

I was so hoping to come home and find Carnel was located.
http://www.avvo.com/legal-answers/wh...ns-632650.html

http://nccriminallaw.sog.unc.edu/?p=479
Old 06-25-2012, 08:55 PM
ܡܫܠܡ

Quote:
Originally Posted by katydid23 View Post
To me, jmo, it should hinge upon whdether this 'babysitter' had ever been abusive/negligent/ incompetent with the child before. If mom had every reason to believe he was a good, even adequate caregiver, then she shouldn't be charged, imo.

HOWEVER, if we find that he had been doing some of the things that should raise red flags, like getting really high or drunk when watching the kids, or hitting them or doing cruel forms of punishment, or just flat out not watching them at all, even when around pools or letting them leave the home unattended, then I am not so sure. jmo
I think this could be a subjective opinion. What I think is abusive or negligent at 48, may not be the same as a 21 year old young Mother, who is immature and preoccupied with her own needs and wants. I think we have seen comments from family members who stated they tried to warn her about him. So I wonder if beyond his criminal background, they saw something that concerned them.

Personally I'm conflicted on whether or not to make a charge in this particular case. But I am entitled to state my opinion on the matter, as is everyone else here.
Old 06-25-2012, 09:02 PM

Its way too quiet.

Always tell the truth. That way you don't have to remember what you said.
--Mark Twain
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to kseal07 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-25-2012, 09:07 PM

Before we judge the Mom for leaving him in the care of a "felon" realize that not all felonies are the same. Seems kind of silly to me, to say she is guilty too. I thought this site was supposed to be about finding the victim ...
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to spurdie For This Useful Post:
Old 06-25-2012, 10:20 PM

Im not ready to speculate about Jaimee YET. But I did want to mention the comments after this article. Post by TY..the last one,as of right now.
That keeps my ghost from leaving too.
Joe Henry

. . . . for Sky.
Old 06-25-2012, 10:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kseal07 View Post
Its way too quiet.

Very quiet. I have to guess info regarding others visiting the home the day Carnell vanished is being kept close to the vest.

Why haven't we heard a word about anyone seeing Carnel after mom left for work? Not a neighbor who can say I saw him outside at such and such a time. Perhaps LE is keeping that info close while building their case.

The Following User Says Thank You to Cubby For This Useful Post:
Old 06-25-2012, 10:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GateKeeper View Post
Im not ready to speculate about Jaimee YET. But I did want to mention the comments after this article. Post by TY..the last one,as of right now.

Which article? link? tia

The Following User Says Thank You to Cubby For This Useful Post:
Old 06-25-2012, 10:29 PM

Police, Mother of Missing Boy Focus on Ex-Boyfriend

Carnel Chamberlain was last seen at his home on the Saginaw Chippewa Indian Reservation Thursday night.

His mother says her then boyfriend was watching

http://www.9and10news.com/story/1887...n-ex-boyfriend

Not much new but check out the comment, apparently it was a live interview.

Always tell the truth. That way you don't have to remember what you said.
--Mark Twain
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to kseal07 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-25-2012, 10:31 PM
Verified Juanette

Quote:
I think this could be a subjective opinion. What I think is abusive or negligent at 48, may not be the same as a 21 year old young Mother, who is immature and preoccupied with her own needs and wants. I think we have seen comments from family members who stated they tried to warn her about him. So I wonder if beyond his criminal background, they saw something that concerned them.

Personally I'm conflicted on whether or not to make a charge in this particular case. But I am entitled to state my opinion on the matter, as is everyone else here.
I totally agree that it is a subjective type of thing. And we do mature, thank goodness. And I wonder as well, what people were worried about when they warned her.