Websleuths
Go Back   Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community > Missing!! > Located Forum Discussion

Notices

Located Forum Discussion Discussion for those who were missing and are now located

Closed Thread

Old 07-23-2012, 03:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by otto View Post
Is there a link to this video? Where was the video from?
There is or at least was here on WS, I can't find it at the moment. It was taken from the back of the Lederman's Big & Tall store, and a few locals have said you could see or almost see the Collins' house from there. VERY VERY blurry and I don't think it was complete video, more like a pic every second or some other short interval. I was surprised anyone could even ID the girls although someone here did say (and very true IMO) that family members can ID faces with little detailed info.

I think the pics vs. video might be why it seemed so "fast" to some? Elizabeth is definitely ahead of Lyric and it seems like it's by at least a few seconds. My first thought when I saw it was they were racing each other and Elizabeth jumped the gun. Totally my opinion and I have nothing else to back it up.. wish I did.

Last edited by nikb; 07-23-2012 at 04:16 AM.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to nikb For This Useful Post:
Old 07-23-2012, 03:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by princesspjs View Post
I finally found the surveillance video at the beginning of this news segment. HTH!

If you are going to go through the trouble of putting up security cameras, let's use a video that actually records something you can SEE. For goodness sake!

http://www.kgan.com/shared/newsroom/...id_12072.shtml

IMO, JMO, MOO
Yay thank you!

I know... seriously... we have cameras at home 100 times better than this (yeah paranoid). Got them after a friend had something stolen and said "oh great I have video of my <edited> getting stolen, so I can watch a grey blur take it and walk off." The good cameras weren't much pricier than the crummy ones often used.
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to nikb For This Useful Post:
Old 07-23-2012, 03:46 AM

Thanks much Ollipop
The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to pferrin For This Useful Post:
Old 07-23-2012, 05:23 AM

Quote:
I finally found the surveillance video at the beginning of this news segment. HTH!

If you are going to go through the trouble of putting up security cameras, let's use a video that actually records something you can SEE. For goodness sake!

IMO, JMO, MOO
Thanks for posting the link. I hadn't seen the video and you're so right, it's so grainy that we can't even make out if these bicyclists are the girls but I'll go with LE's confirmation that it is Elizabeth and Lyric.

FWIW..it appears one is ahead of the other and knows where to go and the other just following behind. Hard to tell how fast they're going but the second child is a few feet behind. They're not side by side riding casually, imo
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to ~n/t~ For This Useful Post:
Old 07-23-2012, 06:42 AM

Do they look like each of them have a dark knapsack on their back? Or is it just me watching a blur each time in that video? I find it hard to believe these kids ran away. But to go with someone they know ? who knows? Such a strange case with the time frames.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Thinkzerz For This Useful Post:
Old 07-23-2012, 06:54 AM
CyberSleuth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinkzerz View Post
Do they look like each of them have a dark knapsack on their back? Or is it just me watching a blur each time in that video? I find it hard to believe these kids ran away. But to go with someone they know ? who knows? Such a strange case with the time frames.
That video is of such poor quality that it's hard to make out anything except there were two people on two bicycles, IMO.

I find it a little strange that the girls (if that's them in the video) are biking so far apart from each other, unless perhaps they're racing?
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Marilynilpa For This Useful Post:
Old 07-23-2012, 07:09 AM

Well i know its a blur and eyes can play tricks on us but this is what i see.
Pic 1. first bike/person looks like a knapsack is on the persons back
Pic 2. second bike/person looks like knapsack is on the arm of someone
pic 3. I see blue looks like knapsack is on shoulder/was sliding down arm in first pic of second bike/person.
knapsack.jpg first bike backpack on someones back
knapsackarm2.jpg second bike backpack sliding down arm
knapsack2of2.jpg second bike backpack is back on shoulder It was hard to get the shot because the play button is in the way when i pause to get the shot.

JMO JMO JMO

What if the family knows the girls knapsacks are missing but aren't telling police because it will then be a runaway case? Or maybe they are just blurs that i hold out hope they are knapsacks. JMO

Watch the video with the points i posted and what do you think? Might have to enlarge to see it.

Last edited by Thinkzerz; 07-23-2012 at 07:21 AM.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Thinkzerz For This Useful Post:
Old 07-23-2012, 07:40 AM
I am BACCCCKKKKK

Law enforcement officials who have spent the past nine days searching for a pair of missing cousins in Iowa say some family members are not being completely cooperative and are now under close scrutiny.
(RBBM)

"Law enforcement has not received total cooperation from all family and close friends. We feel there's someone out there that has pertinent information about the girls' whereabouts," FBI spokeswoman Sandy Breault said.

http://news.yahoo.com/fbi-says-famil...opstories.html
I communicate with my heart not my head.
“These comments are my own personal opinions only and do not necessarily reflect the positions or opinions of others, W.S. or their affiliates. My posts are not to hurt or cause damage to anyone. They are merely something to ponder. All comments are based upon the current information that I know in this case and my own personal experiences. I am not posting as a professional posters and/or a verified locals/insiders* . You should conduct independent research to verify the validity of any statements made in this post before basing any decisions upon those statements. In addition, any views or opinions expressed by posters who quote my post to this thread are theirs and not mind, and I respect that."
Old 07-23-2012, 07:44 AM
CyberSleuth

Quote:
Well i know its a blur and eyes can play tricks on us but this is what i see.
Pic 1. first bike/person looks like a knapsack is on the persons back
Pic 2. second bike/person looks like knapsack is on the arm of someone
pic 3. I see blue looks like knapsack is on shoulder/was sliding down arm in first pic of second bike/person.
Attachment 24880 first bike backpack on someones back
Attachment 24879 second bike backpack sliding down arm
Attachment 24878 second bike backpack is back on shoulder It was hard to get the shot because the play button is in the way when i pause to get the shot.

JMO JMO JMO

What if the family knows the girls knapsacks are missing but aren't telling police because it will then be a runaway case? Or maybe they are just blurs that i hold out hope they are knapsacks. JMO

Watch the video with the points i posted and what do you think? Might have to enlarge to see it.
I don't know about the first picture, but to me the second picture just looks like a person's legs where you indicate there is a knapsack.

But as I've said, the video quality is so poor that I can't make anything out too clearly.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Marilynilpa For This Useful Post:
Old 07-23-2012, 07:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marilynilpa View Post
That video is of such poor quality that it's hard to make out anything except there were two people on two bicycles, IMO.

I find it a little strange that the girls (if that's them in the video) are biking so far apart from each other, unless perhaps they're racing?
They’d just passed Elizabeth’s house in the video and are westbound on her street. They probably drove by, and after not seeing Grandma waving them to come in for lunch decided to go for another quick loop around the neighborhood — probably racing just in case Gran caught sight of them. It rained earlier and had been gloomy all morning so the girls were maybe trying to get as much outdoor playtime as they could because Lyric had to go home (back to Waterloo) with Gran @ 1:00--1:30-ish.

Chief Deputy Rick Abben will be back today and presumably giving a press conference this afternoon. I wonder if he will comment as to whether LE feels the girls are alive. If he doesn’t mention it in his comments, I hope someone asks him… it’s Day 11.
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Unscripted For This Useful Post:
Old 07-23-2012, 07:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unscripted View Post
They’d just passed Elizabeth’s house in the video and are westbound on her street. They probably drove by, and after not seeing Grandma waving them to come in for lunch decided to go for another quick loop around the neighborhood — probably racing just in case Gran caught sight of them. It rained earlier and had been gloomy all morning so the girls were maybe trying to get as much outdoor playtime as they could because Lyric had to go home (back to Waterloo) with Gran @ 1:00--1:30-ish.

Chief Deputy Rick Abben will be back today and presumably giving a press conference this afternoon. I wonder if he will comment as to whether LE feels the girls are alive. If he doesn’t mention it in his comments, I hope someone asks him… it’s Day 11.
With Isabel Celis case the LE said they were hopeful she was alive. But in this case they say strongly believe their alive. hmmm Not sure what to think.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Thinkzerz For This Useful Post:
Old 07-23-2012, 07:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marilynilpa View Post
I don't know about the first picture, but to me the second picture just looks like a person's legs where you indicate there is a knapsack.

But as I've said, the video quality is so poor that I can't make anything out too clearly.
If the two girls or just one of the girls did indeed have a knapsack and it hasn't been reported to the public, the knapsacks could be evidence that LE is holding back for one reason or another.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to pearl For This Useful Post:
Old 07-23-2012, 08:09 AM

I don't believe they went to the lake

It appears it's ok to give opinions. I don't feel those girls were at the lake at all. I know that a dog hit on a scent, but that's not always reliable.

I think the lake was a diversion, and if the times were 'off' just a bit, abductor(s) with a plan already in place would have been able to drop the bikes in a fairly short amount of time.

It does seem planned, and for a quick execution of the plan the girls probably had to be familiar with the person(s) they are with.
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to justaparent For This Useful Post:
Old 07-23-2012, 08:09 AM
I am BACCCCKKKKK

Sunday, Evansdale Police were back on the ground talking to people who live near the lake. According to those homeowners who didn't want to appear on camera, police searched their homes and asked them several question regarding the day the girls disappeared. Authorities said Saturday they have reason to believe the two girls are still alive. But, they are not saying what that reason is.

RBBM

http://www.kgan.com/shared/newsroom/...id_12079.shtml
I communicate with my heart not my head.
“These comments are my own personal opinions only and do not necessarily reflect the positions or opinions of others, W.S. or their affiliates. My posts are not to hurt or cause damage to anyone. They are merely something to ponder. All comments are based upon the current information that I know in this case and my own personal experiences. I am not posting as a professional posters and/or a verified locals/insiders* . You should conduct independent research to verify the validity of any statements made in this post before basing any decisions upon those statements. In addition, any views or opinions expressed by posters who quote my post to this thread are theirs and not mind, and I respect that."
Old 07-23-2012, 08:13 AM
Retired WS Staff

This is an old video (7/17/12), but in the video the couple talks about seeing the girls ride by his house and they were riding pretty fast. This couple only lives 2 blocks from the lake.

http://www.desmoinesregister.com/vid...irls-on-Friday
Old 07-23-2012, 08:21 AM

Elizabeth's parents are going to be on ABC in a few minutes
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Wagora For This Useful Post:
Old 07-23-2012, 08:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wagora View Post
Elizabeth's parents are going to be on ABC in a few minutes
Can it be watched live on internet?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Thinkzerz For This Useful Post:

Quote:
With Isabel Celis case the LE said they were hopeful she was alive. But in this case they say strongly believe their alive. hmmm Not sure what to think.
If the girls are alive I hope they find them soon.

The FBI was also involved bigtime in the Greone children kidnapping case and they never found them.

Dylan had been alive out there with Duncan for 6 weeks being raped and tortured before he was finally murdered by the vile POS.

And he brought Shasta back home after 7 weeks of hell on earth but I find that highly unlikely to happen in this case.

IMO

Last edited by oceanblueeyes; 07-23-2012 at 11:11 AM.
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to oceanblueeyes For This Useful Post:
Retired WS Staff

Here is the link to the video of the children on their bikes.

Old 07-23-2012, 08:29 AM

On NBC Today Show I happened to turn it on and caught the end of what appeared to be an interview with Misty and Tammy and the reporter was John Yang. I just caught the very end so not sure if it was a new interview or what. They appeared to be sitting at a table near the lake. My computer is not being cooperative so was not able to get online and search to see if there is a video of that. This was somewhere around 8:10 a.m. (Eastern time)
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Strawberry Fields For This Useful Post:
Old 07-23-2012, 08:35 AM
Retired WS Staff

This is Sunday's Weekend Today coverage of the case.

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/41521818/

The Today Show covered the story today, but it will take some time before they upload the segment.
Old 07-23-2012, 08:36 AM

Quote:

IMO, JMO, MOO
I think the camera is focused to a distance that is closer to the building than the two girls on bicycles were.

If someone were prowling to break in or vandalise the back of the store, they'd have to move closer to the building. That would give the camera a better chance to catch the perp's face.

The store owners don't really care about who uses the street behind the store, so it doesn't make any sense to focus the camera for the street, catch lots of innocent traffic in clear focus but have blurry pictures of someone who came closer to the building.
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to GrainneDhu For This Useful Post:
Old 07-23-2012, 08:39 AM
"Fasten your seatbelts. It's going to be a bumpy night."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strawberry Fields View Post
On NBC Today Show I happened to turn it on and caught the end of what appeared to be an interview with Misty and Tammy and the reporter was John Yang. I just caught the very end so not sure if it was a new interview or what. They appeared to be sitting at a table near the lake. My computer is not being cooperative so was not able to get online and search to see if there is a video of that. This was somewhere around 8:10 a.m. (Eastern time)
I saw the report, too, and hope that video will be posted on the NBC website shortly. It was mentioned that certain individual(s) - not sure who, sorry - was/were asked to repeat polygraph. I'm dog-sitting for a few days and was distracted during the segment.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to BetteDavisEyes For This Useful Post:
Old 07-23-2012, 08:43 AM
It may be the cock that crows, but it is the hen that lays the eggs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CN2Souls View Post
Law enforcement officials who have spent the past nine days searching for a pair of missing cousins in Iowa say some family members are not being completely cooperative and are now under close scrutiny.
(RBBM)

"Law enforcement has not received total cooperation from all family and close friends. We feel there's someone out there that has pertinent information about the girls' whereabouts," FBI spokeswoman Sandy Breault said.

http://news.yahoo.com/fbi-says-famil...opstories.html
Again, ABC News runs with it. They are on the heels of the Inquirer, imo. Breault did not say they were under close scrutiny yesterday in the presser.....although I'm sure they are still a POI.
Old 07-23-2012, 08:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetteDavisEyes View Post
I saw the report, too, and hope that video will be posted on the NBC website shortly. It was mentioned that certain individual(s) - not sure who, sorry - was/were asked to repeat polygraph. I'm dog-sitting for a few days and was distracted during the segment.
Thanks. I know how distracting dog sitting can be. I "baby sat" my granddog a few weeks ago and yes....it was very distracting at time. Hopefully that video will be available soon.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Strawberry Fields For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread