Websleuths
Go Back   Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community > Featured Case Discussion > JonBenet Ramsey

Notices

JonBenet Ramsey What really happened to 6 year old JonBenet? Someone is getting away with murder. All information posted on this site is gained through published documentation on this case. It is strictly opinion only.


View Poll Results: Who do you believe killed JonBenet?
Patsy 168 25.00%
John 44 6.55%
Burke 108 16.07%
an unknown intruder 86 12.80%
BR (head bash), then JR 4 0.60%
BR (head bash); then JR & PR (strangled/coverup) 113 16.82%
Knowing all I know, still on the fence. 55 8.18%
John, with an 'inside' accomplice 11 1.64%
I think John and Patsy caught him and he made her cover up 17 2.53%
I still have no idea 57 8.48%
patsy and john helped cover it up 9 1.34%
Voters: 672. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #51  
Old 08-03-2012, 01:08 AM
ozazure's Avatar
ozazure ozazure is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 985
I don't buy the reasoning that Patsy wouldn't have called 911 if she wrote the note. They cannot hide her death or disappearance indefinitely so authorities will need to be called at some point, they do not want to abandon their daughter somewhere, and they are trying to obscure the facts of her murder. The note adds an element that cannot be ignored when law enforcement arrives despite how implausible the note is in content as well as in the context of a dead body being found in the home. It's far from perfect but it is useful.

Many guilty parties find themselves in need of reporting their own crime. It is part of the process of attempting to cover up, because your intimate relationship dictates you will notice the crime and want help.
__________________
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to ozazure For This Useful Post:
  #52  
Old 08-03-2012, 03:13 AM
justthinkin's Avatar
justthinkin justthinkin is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 2,178
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrishope View Post
JR is the strongest suspect. No other theory really makes any sense. PR can be ruled out completely, both as the killer and as a co-conspirator in the cover up. BDI is just complete nonsense.

docG solved it years ago, but we've all been caught up in over-analyzing the case. I've recently seen that his theory makes the most sense.

If both JR/PR were in on it, even if they just worked jointly on the coverup, then the police would not have been called shortly before 6am with the body in the basement.

The staging does not fit with the RN. If there is a RN there should be no body. If they had staged it as an intruder murderer then they'd have left the body out in plain view, and naked - just the way a real intruder would do.

But we have a RN, and a body hidden in the WC, redressed, and wrapped in a blanket. That doesn't make sense.

It would be a lot safer for the Rs if the body were not in the house. Any plausible plan where the Rs acted as co-conspirators would include dumping the body. Yet the 911 call was placed with the body in the house and with staging that didn't fit with the RN.

So, the RN wasn't meant to fool the police at 6am. It was meant to fool PR. It fooled her so well that she didn't read it carefully and went off and made a 911 call.

Over and over the RN warns not to call the police or JB will be killed. I won't bother with quoting the movie lines, but the emphasis of the note is don't call the police if you want your daughter back alive.

Many of us have figured that the original plan was to dump the body. That makes sense. But we figured that the plan was aborted for some reason. We figured what actually happened was plan B. But we failed to realize that the plan to dump the body had not been abandoned. It simply had not been implemented yet. It would have been implemented later, but PR called 911 and screwed-up the plan.

Notice that the note gives JR until the morning of the 27th to come up with the money. Meanwhile, he has the perfect excuse for not calling the police. He can send PR and BR off to stay with friends, and then dump the body. After that he gets the money from the bank, phones in the ransom call, then makes the drop off. He looses $118K, but he can afford it.

PR didn't cooperate in the coverup, because if she did, she'd never have made the 911 call. It would have been easy for them to run the above scenario working together. And it's plain silly to let the police have a chance to find the body in the house. Anywhere but Boulder that would be an automatic arrest.

PR didn't write the note. I don't have time to go into all the details of that right now, but suffice to say that handwriting analysis is not a science. It's a pseudo science. It's opinion masquerading as science. Many "experts" thought JMK wrote the note when they compared his writing, that tells you how useful handwriting analysis is. Take a look at http://solvingjonbenet.blogspot.com/ and you'll see that JR could easily have been the author.

PR didn't help with the staging. Again, if she had been in on the coverup why not get rid of the body before calling 911. Also her fibers are not inside the size 12 bloomies. Hers are only on the outside of things, and she hugged JB's lifeless body when it was brought upstairs, so we really don't know whether fiber transfer happened downstairs or upstairs.

Sure, her fibers are in the basement too, and she probably lied about wearing the red jacket (or was it a sweater) down there. Or there could have simply been fiber transfer that explains her red fibers in the basement.

I'm going to write up my theory of the case for the members theories thread, but that will have to wait a while, when I'm not as busy. It's not that I can improve on docG's write up, but it might help if there were 2 people writing from the same perspective.

Shake off your conviction that PR wrote the note. She didn't. It makes no sense for her to have called 911 when she did if she was in on it. It's that simple. Spending a couple more years analyzing the word "hence" or pondering why the Paughs bought 3 books as gifts, or trying to decide who also ate pineapple with JB is not going to solve the case. Step back, stop examining the bark on a particular tree, and notice that in front of you is a forest.

The answer is plain as day if you can stop getting lost in the minutiae.

The RN doesn't jibe with a body in the house. The RN was meant to buy time to dispose of the body. PR would know this if she were in on it. The fact that she called 911 shows us she wasn't in on it. The RN is consistent with stalling for time to get rid of the body. That's the whole case in a nutshell.

Oh, and BDI is nonsese because in that scenario no one is going to jail, so there is no need for a coverup. BDIs love the theory because it seems to explain PR/JR pulling in team. But the 911 call with the body in the house makes no sense, so we know PR wasn't part of the team.

We can't say anyone killed JB w/o a conviction. We can say who we think is the strongest suspect. IMO JDI is the strongest case theory.
I'm not active on this case, but I do read along, both here and at FFJ. I used to be staunchly in the PDI camp, but after reading Docg's blog, I have to agree with Docg, and you, Chrishope on who the strongest suspect is.

It's like this. We've got a ransom note that looks like Patsy might have written it, fibers from the Blazer she wore Christmas Day: in the garotte, on the paint brush, in the paint tray, on the blanket JonBenet was wrapped in, on the underside of the duct tape, her fingerprint on the bowl of pineapple and in 5 places on the ransom note, and on top of all that her call to 911. Sounded pretty convincing until I realized it's too convincing. It's overkill.

Patsy Ramsey was not a stupid woman. There is no way she would have been stupid enough to leave so much that points directly at her if she was the guilty party, and she certainly wouldn't have handled the ransom note if she'd been its author. At least that's my opinion, and I'm sticking to it.

From the evidence listed above, it looks to me like plan B was to frame Patsy, and leave her holding the proverbial bag.

Does anyone here think that Patsy wore that blazer to bed?

Who was it who didn't touch the ransom note, supposedly? told Patsy to call 911, lawyered up, scheduled a flight that evening to Atlanta, and a few days later hired a handwriting expert? Oh, and said it had to be an inside job.
Well we all know who that was. He could have easily known that Patsy made her letter Qs look like the figure 8, could have known how she printed the letter U, could have known she put periods following each initial in an acronym, and could have written the ransom note to sound like she'd written it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Aly2fPK-XE&feat

Last edited by justthinkin; 08-03-2012 at 04:14 AM.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to justthinkin For This Useful Post:
  #53  
Old 08-03-2012, 04:58 AM
dodie20 dodie20 is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 4,944
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandover View Post
I can kill the chrishope theory with one sentence:

If jdi he never would have let pr make that 911 call.
your post got me to thinking. How, exactly, could he have stopped her from calling 911? Short of conking her on the head, I don't see that he would have had much choice. Go through the note with her, word for word, and show her where JBR would be beheaded, among other things? If there wasn't much time to contemplate repercussions,, and in this scenario, there wouldn't be, PR would be doing what came instinctively, and what would be instinctive, is taking action and calling the cops for help. MOO, but whoever wrote that note, sure didn't want the authorities involved, and PR calling 911, does go against that. MOO
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to dodie20 For This Useful Post:
  #54  
Old 08-03-2012, 10:42 AM
Whaleshark Whaleshark is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 632
Quote:
Originally Posted by SapphireSteel View Post
OMG I cannot believe people think Burke killed his sister.


Burke does not, and never has had, aspergers. Right now he is a fit, healthy successful young man with an active social life and lots of girlfriends.

He has done extremely well in college and I believe is now starting a successful career, much like dear old dad.

How can this not be considered "bashing the family"? Why are these posts allowed on here? Burke was NEVER considered a suspect by LE?
So the only type of posts that should be allowed on here are ones that accuse a nameless intruder?

If that were true, and not protected under the law, there would be no purpose for this forum - for any debate of any other viewpoint.


....And yes, Burke was considered a suspect. Right now we have a new book by a former investigator of the murder. And who do you think he alludes to as the prime suspect?

....Just because someone may/may not have Aspergers, or has a good social life and is successful in their career does not mean they are crime-free, or have never done anything in their past.

If the debate offends you, why are you here, I wonder?
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Whaleshark For This Useful Post:
  #55  
Old 08-03-2012, 11:06 AM
hetty hetty is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 37
SapphireSteel (I love your name btw, is that a reference to the programme? I loved that!),

I don't know if B has Aspergers and thats the truth, but as a mother of a child who does, you can be sure that the language and demeanour B is alleged to have used just screams it to me...but I'm not an expert.

There may or many not have ever been an offical diagnosis there, I don't know, but it doesn't make the condition being present any less likely, MANY go undiagnosed, especially girls strangely...certainly my own child was 18 before it was discovered/confirmed.

Can a child with Apsergers grow into a happy, confident, academically gifted, socially active, romatically involved, successful adult? sure they can, some of the worlds most gifted people have fitted into both categories....didn't work out like that for my child, sadly, but it can and does happen (depends MUCH on how much help they get when very young..18 is just too late.)

Can somebody who is happy, confident, academically gifted, socially active, romatically involved, and successful kill? I think so, Ted Bundy did.

(Not saying B is in ANY way like Ted Bundy,or that he is currently dangerous or anything, just that outward appearances are not always a reliable indication of what someone is or what they may or may not have done in the past).

Can a child kill, either accidentally or deliberately - yes, we could name many.

Can a child who kills grow up to be happy, confident, academically gifted, socially active, romatically involved, and successful? It seems so, Mary Bell for one, has her own child now too.

All this could be nonsense, for sure, and B might in no way be involved, as you say, and I sure hope that is the case (but if he was I do think it may have been accidental,and as someone said, *a tragedy of shakespearian proportions*)..but with respect, for me, none of the points you raised mean it can't be the case.

Last edited by hetty; 08-03-2012 at 11:25 AM. Reason: edited for clarity.
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to hetty For This Useful Post:
  #56  
Old 08-03-2012, 11:25 AM
sandover sandover is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 141
I think the chrishope/docg theory is compelling, but I still think it hinges on PR making that call and how that fits in. Let me think through a few scenarios using the "Hon we need 'em" that is the first thing we hear on the 911 recording and which presumably was spoken to John.

1) If the scenario is JDI -- if JR was so close to PR that he was telling her NOT to call and she replied "Hon we need 'em" after just having dialed 911 -- this to me suggests that he, for whatever reason, WANTED her to call, because he easily could have ripped the phone from her and said, "Didn't you read the note! She dies if we call anyone!" So JDI suffers given this information.

2) If the scenario is PDI or RDI w/cover up -- the question is, why is she saying "Hon we need 'em" -- is she THAT good an actor/writer to have created a "backstory" that just happens to be overheard by the 911 operator? Did they "stage" a disagreement about whether or not to call 911 that was "overheard" by the operator? This seems unlikely.

Another possibility is that "Hon we need em" refers to a different discussion -- maybe Patsy saying that after calling 911 she wants to call friends, and JR objecting?

One thing is clear: whether or not BDI, one or both of the Ramseys carried out a crime that night.

If I go back to my gut, I initially thought JDI but then got lost in evidence. I also recall Linda Arndt's gut. These gut reactions are very powerful.

When I think back to early interviews, John always seemed much less smooth and emotional than Patsy, pointing to JDI. Patsy seemed crazy, but like she was always crazy. The big powerful business man John seemed ill at ease and like a guilty man. Go back to the initial CNN interview. Sure, Patsy is drugged up and loony, but John is saying very bizarre things as if to distance himself from a guilty feeling.

So I am more willing than ever to support JDI. But if he let her make that call, the only thing that makes sense to me is that unconsciously part of him wanted to get caught. Because it just makes no sense that he'd think everything through so brilliantly and then let Patsy mess up his plans for the day, which hinged on being able to go about his business alone.

It's hard to imagine Patsy covering up for John. Much easier to see her covering up for Burke. But the BDI scenario has really suffered despite the initial response to Kolar's book. The most convincing scenario has JDI. But we still need a better explanation for why John let Patsy call 911, especially if he was feet away from her and they were arguing about whether or not to call the police.

"Hon we need em" seems key to me...
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to sandover For This Useful Post:
  #57  
Old 08-03-2012, 12:50 PM
JenniferTx's Avatar
JenniferTx JenniferTx is offline
I love Jesus but I like to drink a little. :)
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Texas
Posts: 1,719
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whaleshark View Post
So the only type of posts that should be allowed on here are ones that accuse a nameless intruder?

If that were true, and not protected under the law, there would be no purpose for this forum - for any debate of any other viewpoint.


....And yes, Burke was considered a suspect. Right now we have a new book by a former investigator of the murder. And who do you think he alludes to as the prime suspect?

....Just because someone may/may not have Aspergers, or has a good social life and is successful in their career does not mean they are crime-free, or have never done anything in their past.

If the debate offends you, why are you here, I wonder?
Very well said Whaleshark.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to JenniferTx For This Useful Post:
  #58  
Old 08-03-2012, 02:00 PM
DeeDee249 DeeDee249 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: In the Federal Witness Protection Program
Posts: 7,447
Lets not forget, IDI & RDI alike, that BR was not ALLOWED to be named as a suspect. If he was, and I believe he was, they would not have been allowed to state it publicly. Even if they KNEW he was involved in even a small part of it- even if the parents said he was involved but it was an accident- even if the DNA is HIS- it makes no difference. His name is not allowed to be associated with this crime (or ANY crime) under Colorado law because of his age at the time. THE END.

Even his Grand Jury testimony was inconsequential. BR did not testify in front of the Grand Jury. He testified in front of a video camera. Big difference.
People are not permitted to have an attorney present when they are questioned by a GJ. With BR, we do not know WHO was with him- whether he answered spontaneously or not, whether he READ answers held off-camera that his lawyers supplied him with or whether he was coached. (THAT you can believe).
__________________
THIS time, we get it RIGHT!

This post is my constitutionally-protected opinion. Please do not copy or take it anywhere else.
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to DeeDee249 For This Useful Post:
  #59  
Old 08-03-2012, 02:50 PM
UKGuy UKGuy is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 6,389
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeeDee249 View Post
Lets not forget, IDI & RDI alike, that BR was not ALLOWED to be named as a suspect. If he was, and I believe he was, they would not have been allowed to state it publicly. Even if they KNEW he was involved in even a small part of it- even if the parents said he was involved but it was an accident- even if the DNA is HIS- it makes no difference. His name is not allowed to be associated with this crime (or ANY crime) under Colorado law because of his age at the time. THE END.

Even his Grand Jury testimony was inconsequential. BR did not testify in front of the Grand Jury. He testified in front of a video camera. Big difference.
People are not permitted to have an attorney present when they are questioned by a GJ. With BR, we do not know WHO was with him- whether he answered spontaneously or not, whether he READ answers held off-camera that his lawyers supplied him with or whether he was coached. (THAT you can believe).
DeeDee249,
The authorities might not be able to consider him as a suspect, but in the court of public opinion, their rules do not matter.

I think its pretty obvious all three Ramsey's participated in the staging and coverup.

One of John, Patsy, or Burke initially sexually assaulted JonBenet.

Assuming its usually males who do this, and that the acute and chronic abuse was digital, I reckon this slims the suspects down to one?

If you disagree then its the other male.

And of course, just for gender balance, in case Patsy was a crazy cookie, she too may have sexually assaulted JonBenet etc. This I think is less likely. Other variations on PDI abound, so take your choice, e.g. too many meds, bedwetting, bed-soiling, Mother-Daughter argument over clothing etc.

The argument that John crafted the RN without Patsy's knowledge, and had a master plan which included dumping JonBenet, relocating Burke and Patsy, before collecting the ransom money, is a speculative scenario, which in many parts is in conflict with the known forensic evidence.

Patsy can be placed at the crime-scene wearing the same clothes she wore the night before. Fibers from her jacket are embedded into the knotting on the ligature/paintbrush-handle cum garrote, and are attached to the sticky side of the duct tape found on JonBenet. Thats two different physical locations, which I reckon rules out chance. Then there is Patsy's own testimony that she never visited the wine-cellar the night before or the following morning!

If John had actually dumped JonBenet outdoors and collected the cash, he would have been suspect number one, and would most likely have been arrested ASAP. And once JonBenet was found, what was John going say? That because they wrapped her in blanket they never meant to kill her? And of course the media would be screaming Kidnapped girl found dead, e.g. not abducted, just sexually assaulted and dumped. And in those kind of cases the Number One suspect is always the father, check google for cases.

Then of course there is the planning anomally. John hatches his abduction plan, executes it, then camly leaves Patsy to her own devices. Knowing full well that one of Patsy's options is to dial 911. Somehow I think not!


.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to UKGuy For This Useful Post:
  #60  
Old 08-03-2012, 03:32 PM
chemgirl chemgirl is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 43
Could there be a way of blending two of the theories, i.e., BDI and JDI? MOO, but could it be that JDI, but convinced Patsy that BDI and that they would need to cover up for him? It might be fairly easy to convince Patsy of this scenario, if their son did have behavioral/psychological problems (plus, he had whacked JB with a golfclub in the past).
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to chemgirl For This Useful Post:
  #61  
Old 08-03-2012, 04:17 PM
Chrishope Chrishope is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 1,802
Quote:
Originally Posted by chemgirl View Post
Could there be a way of blending two of the theories, i.e., BDI and JDI? MOO, but could it be that JDI, but convinced Patsy that BDI and that they would need to cover up for him? It might be fairly easy to convince Patsy of this scenario, if their son did have behavioral/psychological problems (plus, he had whacked JB with a golfclub in the past).

Could be, at first.

But I'm sure that over the years PR and BR would have had a long talk. It's a clever theory, but then we have to believe that PR eventually found out and did nothing about it. Or we have to believe she never put 2 and 2 together.
__________________
I'm just playing detective here. I have no idea who killed JonBenet. It's just an opinion.

Last edited by Chrishope; 08-03-2012 at 04:41 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Chrishope For This Useful Post:
  #62  
Old 08-03-2012, 04:40 PM
Chrishope Chrishope is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 1,802
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandover View Post
I think the chrishope/docg theory is compelling, but I still think it hinges on PR making that call and how that fits in. Let me think through a few scenarios using the "Hon we need 'em" that is the first thing we hear on the 911 recording and which presumably was spoken to John.
It should be docG before me. He thought of it years ago. I only recently took another look at the theory and realized that (IMO) it makes more sense than any other.

Quote:
1) If the scenario is JDI -- if JR was so close to PR that he was telling her NOT to call and she replied "Hon we need 'em" after just having dialed 911 -- this to me suggests that he, for whatever reason, WANTED her to call, because he easily could have ripped the phone from her and said, "Didn't you read the note! She dies if we call anyone!" So JDI suffers given this information.
Once the call is made, even if you hang up the phone the 911 operator will call back. If the call is not answered, either because the victim can't answer, or because the phone has been ripped from the wall, police will be dispatched. Even if the return call is answered if the operator suspects something is wrong -such as a crying screaming woman in the background while JR calmly explains nothing is wrong- the police will still be dispatched. Once she got the idea across that a child was missing, there was probably no chance at all police would not arrive.

Quote:
2) If the scenario is PDI or RDI w/cover up -- the question is, why is she saying "Hon we need 'em" -- is she THAT good an actor/writer to have created a "backstory" that just happens to be overheard by the 911 operator? Did they "stage" a disagreement about whether or not to call 911 that was "overheard" by the operator? This seems unlikely.
Wow! If I ever need to stage a phony call to 911 I want you as my adviser. That would reallly be thinking of every little detail to stage a disagreement about making the call. I agree it's unlikely, but it's brilliant.

Quote:
Another possibility is that "Hon we need em" refers to a different discussion -- maybe Patsy saying that after calling 911 she wants to call friends, and JR objecting?
Possible. Another possibility is that it's not a staged disagreement, but a real one. JR might have been saying from a distance "Don't call the police", and PR replies ....


Quote:
One thing is clear: whether or not BDI, one or both of the Ramseys carried out a crime that night.

If I go back to my gut, I initially thought JDI but then got lost in evidence. I also recall Linda Arndt's gut. These gut reactions are very powerful.

When I think back to early interviews, John always seemed much less smooth and emotional than Patsy, pointing to JDI. Patsy seemed crazy, but like she was always crazy. The big powerful business man John seemed ill at ease and like a guilty man. Go back to the initial CNN interview. Sure, Patsy is drugged up and loony, but John is saying very bizarre things as if to distance himself from a guilty feeling.

So I am more willing than ever to support JDI. But if he let her make that call, the only thing that makes sense to me is that unconsciously part of him wanted to get caught. Because it just makes no sense that he'd think everything through so brilliantly and then let Patsy mess up his plans for the day, which hinged on being able to go about his business alone. [/quote}

As we debate the case, this is a weakness. It doesn't seem he'd leave that to chance. But don't forget that the body is not staged to resemble a home invasion killing. It's harder for me to believe that JR/PR wrote a fake RN, then invited police to come over, knowing the body would be found. If they were going to call police, why not stage the body?

It's hard to imagine Patsy covering up for John. Much easier to see her covering up for Burke. But the BDI scenario has really suffered despite the initial response to Kolar's book. The most convincing scenario has JDI. But we still need a better explanation for why John let Patsy call 911, especially if he was feet away from her and they were arguing about whether or not to call the police.

"Hon we need em" seems key to me...
I doubt we can create a better reason. At least I can't. My initial reaction to the theory was that JR wouldn't let the call be made if the plan hinged on buying time to dump the body. But again if the plan was to allow the police to find the body (which is what anyone would assume would happen) then why the RN? So we can believe JR/PR jointly figured it would be good to hand the police a goofy RN and let them find the body in the house (unlikely IMO) or we can believe that JR screwed up, didn't think things out carefully, didn't plan for every contingency. There will always be a little doubt on this point, and rightly so. But looking at the whole picture, it makes sense, I think.

docG's theory explains that initial puzzle. There sholdn't be a body and a RN. But we have both. And the note repeats over and over not to call the police or JB will be killed. So it seems the note wasn't for the police. It was meant for PR. The body was wrapped and hidden in the darkest farthest corner of the basement, not because they wanted the police to find JB that way, but because the body had not yet been dumped.

One additional thing that docG had pointed out to me, in the comments on his blog - If it's JDI, and the killing was only a few hours prior to the 911 call, every detail may not have been worked out yet. He may have just assumed PR would come to him before running to the phone. He might have rethought the situation had he enough time.
__________________
I'm just playing detective here. I have no idea who killed JonBenet. It's just an opinion.

Last edited by Chrishope; 08-03-2012 at 04:53 PM.
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Chrishope For This Useful Post:
  #63  
Old 08-03-2012, 05:50 PM
Chrishope Chrishope is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 1,802
Quote:
DeeDee249,
The authorities might not be able to consider him as a suspect, but in the court of public opinion, their rules do not matter.

I think its pretty obvious all three Ramsey's participated in the staging and coverup.
So you figure they invited the cops over to find a body hidden away and the goofiest RN in the history of crime?


Quote:
One of John, Patsy, or Burke initially sexually assaulted JonBenet.

Assuming its usually males who do this, and that the acute and chronic abuse was digital, I reckon this slims the suspects down to one?

If you disagree then its the other male.
Probably.


Quote:
And of course, just for gender balance, in case Patsy was a crazy cookie, she too may have sexually assaulted JonBenet etc. This I think is less likely. Other variations on PDI abound, so take your choice, e.g. too many meds, bedwetting, bed-soiling, Mother-Daughter argument over clothing etc.
I’m not convinced of any of those theories.


Quote:
The argument that John crafted the RN without Patsy's knowledge, and had a master plan which included dumping JonBenet, relocating Burke and Patsy, before collecting the ransom money, is a speculative scenario, which in many parts is in conflict with the known forensic evidence.
For instance?


Quote:
Patsy can be placed at the crime-scene wearing the same clothes she wore the night before.
Which is suspicious.
Quote:
Fibers from her jacket are embedded into the knotting on the ligature/paintbrush-handle cum garrote, and are attached to the sticky side of the duct tape found on JonBenet. Thats two different physical locations, which I reckon rules out chance. Then there is Patsy's own testimony that she never visited the wine-cellar the night before or the following morning!
If fibers were present on the cord used to fashion the garrotte, even from secondary transfer, then of course they’d be embedded in the garrote as the cord was knotted. That they were embedded does not tell us if it’s primary or secondary transfer.

We don’t know where the tape came from (we know it’s from in the house because there was no intruder) so we don’t know how the fibers were transferred to the tape. Transfer from PR to JB when she was kissed goodnight? Secondary transfer from JB to the tape? We don’t know. But there are sensible explanations that don’t include PR being involved in the cover up. So chance certainly isn’t ruled out, and with fibers, I’d say chance is usually a good explanation.


Quote:
If John had actually dumped JonBenet outdoors and collected the cash, he would have been suspect number one, and would most likely have been arrested ASAP. And once JonBenet was found, what was John going say? That because they wrapped her in blanket they never meant to kill her? And of course the media would be screaming Kidnapped girl found dead, e.g. not abducted, just sexually assaulted and dumped. And in those kind of cases the Number One suspect is always the father, check google for cases.
The parents will be the primary suspects in any scenario. When a child’s dead body is found in the child’s home the parents are always suspects. It seems safer to dump the body than to let police see that you’ve placed the body in the WC.

The obvious thing for JR to say once the body is found is that he and PR are glad to have the body for burial, and that they hope the police can find the culprit….yada yada yada. The police still have to link JR to the crime. He might be arrested (But hell, he should have been arrested at home as soon as he brought the body up) but he has good lawyers and he knows how to keep his mouth shut. He’s in less danger dumping the body than letting the police find it in the home.

Why do you think the media would be screaming “Kidnapped girl found dead" and then say e.g. not abducted, just sexually assaulted and dumped"? There is no reason an abductor could not sexually molest her and dump the body. And of course there is no certainty how long it might take to find the body. The evidence of prior abuse might well have been destroyed.



Quote:
Then of course there is the planning anomally. John hatches his abduction plan, executes it, then camly leaves Patsy to her own devices. Knowing full well that one of Patsy's options is to dial 911. Somehow I think not!
This is a weakness. Seemingly. Yet if you believe JR is too smart to leave that to chance, why was he not smart enough to stage the body consistently with a home invader killing JB? And of course, he has not executed the plan. That’s the whole point. PR interrupts the plan.
If it were joint JR/PR on the cover up, then likely they’d either dump the body –in which case the 911 call would not be made at all (yet it was) or they’d stage a slightly plausible home invasion scenario. And there would be no reason for the RN to go on, and on, about not calling the police. A simple short note would suffice. There would be no reason to “buy time”, which seems to be the EXTREMELY OBVIOUS point of the note.
__________________
I'm just playing detective here. I have no idea who killed JonBenet. It's just an opinion.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chrishope For This Useful Post:
  #64  
Old 08-03-2012, 06:33 PM
dodie20 dodie20 is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 4,944
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrishope View Post
It should be docG before me. He thought of it years ago. I only recently took another look at the theory and realized that (IMO) it makes more sense than any other.

Once the call is made, even if you hang up the phone the 911 operator will call back. If the call is not answered, either because the victim can't answer, or because the phone has been ripped from the wall, police will be dispatched. Even if the return call is answered if the operator suspects something is wrong -such as a crying screaming woman in the background while JR calmly explains nothing is wrong- the police will still be dispatched. Once she got the idea across that a child was missing, there was probably no chance at all police would not arrive.

Wow! If I ever need to stage a phony call to 911 I want you as my adviser. That would reallly be thinking of every little detail to stage a disagreement about making the call. I agree it's unlikely, but it's brilliant.

Possible. Another possibility is that it's not a staged disagreement, but a real one. JR might have been saying from a distance "Don't call the police", and PR replies ....


I doubt we can create a better reason. At least I can't. My initial reaction to the theory was that JR wouldn't let the call be made if the plan hinged on buying time to dump the body. But again if the plan was to allow the police to find the body (which is what anyone would assume would happen) then why the RN? So we can believe JR/PR jointly figured it would be good to hand the police a goofy RN and let them find the body in the house (unlikely IMO) or we can believe that JR screwed up, didn't think things out carefully, didn't plan for every contingency. There will always be a little doubt on this point, and rightly so. But looking at the whole picture, it makes sense, I think.

docG's theory explains that initial puzzle. There sholdn't be a body and a RN. But we have both. And the note repeats over and over not to call the police or JB will be killed. So it seems the note wasn't for the police. It was meant for PR. The body was wrapped and hidden in the darkest farthest corner of the basement, not because they wanted the police to find JB that way, but because the body had not yet been dumped.

One additional thing that docG had pointed out to me, in the comments on his blog - If it's JDI, and the killing was only a few hours prior to the 911 call, every detail may not have been worked out yet. He may have just assumed PR would come to him before running to the phone. He might have rethought the situation had he enough time.
just curious, this "hon we need 'em"...has this been verified, through enhancement? I went back and listened, and couldn't make out a thing. But, if true, it does back up PR's version of her making the decision to call 911... which leads to the question of why there are 2 versions to begin with. This should be cut and dried, with no room for varrying accounts, but, since PR said it was her idea, and she actually made the call, I think it was her idea. If it was JR's idea,wouldn't he have taken charge and made the call himself? MOO
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dodie20 For This Useful Post:
  #65  
Old 08-03-2012, 06:51 PM
Chrishope Chrishope is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 1,802

Turn the volume way up and you'll hear it. It's not real clear what she"s saying, but with the advantage of knowing what to listen for you'll hear it.
__________________
I'm just playing detective here. I have no idea who killed JonBenet. It's just an opinion.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Chrishope For This Useful Post:
  #66  
Old 08-03-2012, 07:49 PM
otg's Avatar
otg otg is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 1,325
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandover View Post
I think the chrishope/docg theory is compelling, but I still think it hinges on PR making that call and how that fits in. Let me think through a few scenarios using the "Hon we need 'em" that is the first thing we hear on the 911 recording and which presumably was spoken to John.

1) If the scenario is JDI -- if JR was so close to PR that he was telling her NOT to call and she replied "Hon we need 'em" after just having dialed 911 -- this to me suggests that he, for whatever reason, WANTED her to call, because he easily could have ripped the phone from her and said, "Didn't you read the note! She dies if we call anyone!" So JDI suffers given this information.

2) If the scenario is PDI or RDI w/cover up -- the question is, why is she saying "Hon we need 'em" -- is she THAT good an actor/writer to have created a "backstory" that just happens to be overheard by the 911 operator? Did they "stage" a disagreement about whether or not to call 911 that was "overheard" by the operator? This seems unlikely.

Another possibility is that "Hon we need em" refers to a different discussion -- maybe Patsy saying that after calling 911 she wants to call friends, and JR objecting?

One thing is clear: whether or not BDI, one or both of the Ramseys carried out a crime that night.

If I go back to my gut, I initially thought JDI but then got lost in evidence. I also recall Linda Arndt's gut. These gut reactions are very powerful.

When I think back to early interviews, John always seemed much less smooth and emotional than Patsy, pointing to JDI. Patsy seemed crazy, but like she was always crazy. The big powerful business man John seemed ill at ease and like a guilty man. Go back to the initial CNN interview. Sure, Patsy is drugged up and loony, but John is saying very bizarre things as if to distance himself from a guilty feeling.

So I am more willing than ever to support JDI. But if he let her make that call, the only thing that makes sense to me is that unconsciously part of him wanted to get caught. Because it just makes no sense that he'd think everything through so brilliantly and then let Patsy mess up his plans for the day, which hinged on being able to go about his business alone.

It's hard to imagine Patsy covering up for John. Much easier to see her covering up for Burke. But the BDI scenario has really suffered despite the initial response to Kolar's book. The most convincing scenario has JDI. But we still need a better explanation for why John let Patsy call 911, especially if he was feet away from her and they were arguing about whether or not to call the police.

"Hon we need em" seems key to me...
sandover,

A lot of people don't pay much attention to that part of the 911-call. I do. To me, it seems like a completely different tone than the "emergency" tone she uses when she realizes the 911 operator has answered the call. I think she was speaking to someone else when the 911 operator picked up the phone.

Consider this:
If we believe that JR and BR were both in the room when the call was made, who does it seem more likely she would have been using that tone with? JR or BR?

I think she was explaining to BR why they were calling the police.
.
The Following User Says Thank You to otg For This Useful Post:
  #67  
Old 08-03-2012, 08:01 PM
otg's Avatar
otg otg is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 1,325
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrishope View Post
.
Just for the sake of clarity , DeeDee249 did not make that post:
Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Knowing all you know today about this case who do you think really killed JonBenet?
.
The Following User Says Thank You to otg For This Useful Post:
  #68  
Old 08-03-2012, 08:08 PM
otg's Avatar
otg otg is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 1,325
Quote:
Originally Posted by dodie20 View Post
just curious, this "hon we need 'em"...has this been verified, through enhancement? I went back and listened, and couldn't make out a thing. But, if true, it does back up PR's version of her making the decision to call 911... which leads to the question of why there are 2 versions to begin with. This should be cut and dried, with no room for varrying accounts, but, since PR said it was her idea, and she actually made the call, I think it was her idea. If it was JR's idea,wouldn't he have taken charge and made the call himself? MOO
dodie20,

I don't know why you couldn't hear it. Try listening to this (It's the first part of the call only -- and I guarantee it's safe to download):
http://www.mediafire.com/?hfi0fb6i0hex8io
.
  #69  
Old 08-03-2012, 08:08 PM
Whaleshark Whaleshark is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 632
Quote:
Originally Posted by otg View Post
sandover,

A lot of people don't pay much attention to that part of the 911-call. I do. To me, it seems like a completely different tone than the "emergency" tone she uses when she realizes the 911 operator has answered the call. I think she was speaking to someone else when the 911 operator picked up the phone.

Consider this:
If we believe that JR and BR were both in the room when the call was made, who does it seem more likely she would have been using that tone with? JR or BR?

I think she was explaining to BR why they were calling the police.
.
Me too....sounds like she also was saying "hush", or "gosh", or "..god", ... at the very beginning, or something else mid-sentence, but she was already speaking when the lady answered, and then states, 'Police!' and goes straight into the address while the lady is talking. She's talking before the lady answers, and talks right through her asking the first question...

And if she did say "Hon, we need 'em", especially since we know now that Burke WAS awake at the time, and even present during the phone call - let's not forget.. And he supposedly had been asking questions like "What did you find?" "What is going on?", maybe even: “Why are you calling the police?”, that could be her answer...

However, I just listened to it over and over now though, and I’m not so sure that’s what she said. It does sound like a possibility, but it could have also been, “Hon, we need a m-…” (As in, "Hon, we need to make a phone call"), or “Um, we need to ma-", or "And we need a ma-") and got interrupted when she heard the call answered and said, "Police.", so as to alert Burke and/or John that the phone was answered.

Or, since she was talking over the dispatch lady anyway, could have been already saying "Um, we need a ma - Police!" "....755 15th Street". Could be she's already telling the lady what she needs like when there's an emergency and you call 911 and the first thing you say is "We need an ambulance!"

So, since she's all breathless, and trying to speak, she may have said, "Hi, uh, um we need - (breath/um), police!"..., or "Hurry, we need um (breath) police! 755 15th Street."...

Last edited by Whaleshark; 08-03-2012 at 08:28 PM.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Whaleshark For This Useful Post:
  #70  
Old 08-03-2012, 08:17 PM
LinasK's Avatar
LinasK LinasK is online now
Verified Insider-Mark Dribin case
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: SF Bay Area, CA
Posts: 17,422
Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris_Texas View Post
That could be a factor here...

The problem is trying to fit what we know happened that night into some kind of sex abuse gone wrong scenario.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris_Texas View Post
I believe the answer to this could be that the accident threatened to expose JBs chronic abuse -- which gives the abuser one hell of an incentive to get creative.
This is what I have always believed. John killed her in a sex abuse gone wrong and Patsy covered up for him!
__________________
Please help locate Mark Dribin http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...ht=Mark+Dribin and Ilene Misheloff http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...lene+Misheloff and bring them home.


The Following User Says Thank You to LinasK For This Useful Post:
  #71  
Old 08-03-2012, 08:24 PM
justthinkin's Avatar
justthinkin justthinkin is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 2,178
Quote:
Originally Posted by otg View Post
dodie20,

I don't know why you couldn't hear it. Try listening to this (It's the first part of the call only -- and I guarantee it's safe to download):
http://www.mediafire.com/?hfi0fb6i0hex8io
.
I've listened to both, and I do not hear those words.
I'm hearing, hur we, we nee, we had a kidnapping...she is initially stuttering, imo.
The Following User Says Thank You to justthinkin For This Useful Post:
  #72  
Old 08-03-2012, 08:38 PM
Chrishope Chrishope is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 1,802
Quote:
Originally Posted by otg View Post

That's true. Too late to edit now.
__________________
I'm just playing detective here. I have no idea who killed JonBenet. It's just an opinion.
  #73  
Old 08-03-2012, 08:45 PM
Chrishope Chrishope is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 1,802
Quote:
Originally Posted by justthinkin View Post
I've listened to both, and I do not hear those words.
I'm hearing, hur we, we nee, we had a kidnapping...she is initially stuttering, imo.

That could be. It's hard to tell.
__________________
I'm just playing detective here. I have no idea who killed JonBenet. It's just an opinion.
  #74  
Old 08-03-2012, 08:58 PM
otg's Avatar
otg otg is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 1,325
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whaleshark View Post
.
I know, WS, I don't know the exact words she was speaking either. You did a better job than I could at explaining the different possibilities. My main point is the difference in the voice she is using at first (like she is in mid-sentence with someone else), compared to when she starts speaking to the 911 operator with the first word, "POLICE!" And of course, it seems even more telling if you consider that there were three people in the room at the time -- more than likely, one of whom had just caused JonBenet's death.
.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to otg For This Useful Post:
  #75  
Old 08-03-2012, 09:15 PM
SapphireSteel's Avatar
SapphireSteel SapphireSteel is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 5,952
Quote:
Originally Posted by UKGuy View Post
Well the most consistent theory is BDI. IMO, nothing else explains why the parents would stage together.


.
I think the most obvious explanation is they covered for each other because they were both guilty?

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SapphireSteel For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Does anyone who believes a Ramsey killed Jonbenet NOT think it was an accident? Tristan JonBenet Ramsey 48 07-21-2008 05:01 AM
Ex-Housekeeper Say Patsy Ramsey Killed JonBenet. Ames JonBenet Ramsey 212 04-21-2008 11:56 PM
WHY was JonBenet really killed - Motive? Camper JonBenet Ramsey 110 07-21-2006 11:37 AM
Reasons why I believe a Ramsey killed Jonbenet Keona JonBenet Ramsey 21 07-10-2005 12:48 AM
Crier on JonBenet case today candy JonBenet Ramsey 13 01-08-2004 04:11 PM


© Copyright Websleuths 1999-2012 New To Site? Need Help?
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:10 PM.

Advertisements

Pre-Order Imperfect Justice: Prosecuting Casey Anthony today!