Websleuths
Go Back   Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community > Crimes and Trials > Darlie Routier

Notices

Darlie Routier Darlie Routier is on death row, convicted of murdering her two sons. Darlie claims that an intruder attacked her and the boys and is responsible. Many feel Darlie deserves a new trial. Discuss it here.


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 08-06-2012, 02:28 PM
JenniferTx's Avatar
JenniferTx JenniferTx is offline
I love Jesus but I like to drink a little. :)
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Texas
Posts: 1,719
The blood clean-up at the sink

Can someone give me some information on the clean-up at the sink? I keep seeing the sink on different crime shows and want to know where they discuss the sink in the transcripts and I can't find it.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 08-06-2012, 02:47 PM
LeanaSA LeanaSA is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 12
Charles Linch talks about the sink eatly in Volume 37. Kathryn Long also testifies about it as she actually did the presumptive tests, but I don't recall now in which volume
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to LeanaSA For This Useful Post:
  #3  
Old 08-06-2012, 03:35 PM
cami's Avatar
cami cami is offline
Keep your fork......
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: In the Atlantic
Posts: 2,582
Quote:
Originally Posted by JenniferTx View Post
Can someone give me some information on the clean-up at the sink? I keep seeing the sink on different crime shows and want to know where they discuss the sink in the transcripts and I can't find it.
Jennifer, here you go.

9 Q. All right. What is the next thing
10 that you all did then?
11 A. Again, we moved back into the house,
12 and as you stand in the front entryway hall, you can
13 evaluate the family room and the kitchen.
14 And, at that time I asked Miss Long to
15 check other bathrooms for occult or latent blood that you
16 cannot see, as if someone had washed up. And then I
17 focused my attention on the kitchen sink.
18 Q. All right. And when you looked at the
19 kitchen sink, what was its appearance?
20 A. It was unusual. It -- the sink
21 portion had been cleaned of blood, and the blood stains
22 on the front of the cabinet, were such that when that
23 blood was being shed, it would also need to be shed into
24 the sinks, which were now clean. So, it was my opinion
25 that the sinks had probably been cleaned of blood.
Sandra M. Halsey, CSR, Official Court Reporter
2797

1 Q. All right. Did you do any testing,
2 presumptive testing to determine if there was actually
3 blood in the sink or around the sink?
4 A. Miss Long did.

5 Q. All right. And what were the results?
6 A. The faucets were -- showed no blood
7 present, but with our chemicals we got a reaction.
8 Q. All right.
9 A. The -- there were some stains that
10 appeared to be watered down, that had run into the

11 stainless steel areas, that were positive for blood.
12 Kathryn took samples of those. The
13 water faucet, where the water actually comes out, that
14 appeared clean and stainless steel, but that was also
15 reactive for the presence of blood.
16 Q. All right. Now, when you get a
17 reaction for blood, does it range -- is there a certain

18 range of reaction? I mean, does all blood react equally,
19 or do you have a variance there?
20 A. Well, with time you appreciate a
21 difference. With the chemicals we use, if blood is
22 present, or the presumptive presence of blood, it will
23 pop up a green color, kind of a blue-green.
24 If the blood is fresh, it will react
25 very quickly and a very bright blue-green. If the blood
Sandra M. Halsey, CSR, Official Court Reporter
2798

1 is old, you will get kind of a dull, light-green color to
2 the reaction.
3 And some of the false/positive
4 materials will give the dull, slower, green reaction.
5 Q. What kind of reaction did you get for
6 the samples actually inside the bowl of the sink?
7 A. Those were quickly and darkly
8 reactive.
9 Q. All right. Did you sample anything
10 from the faucet area that appeared to be clean?
11 A. Yes, sir.
12 Q. What kind of reaction did you get up
13 there?
14 A. That was quickly and darkly reactive.
15 Q. Which told you what?
16 A. That there was recent contact with
17 that faucet with blood.
18 Q. All right. Did you have an
19 opportunity to look at the cabinet work that faces right
20 there at the sink area?
21 A. Yes, sir.
22 Q. All right. Was there blood actually
23 visible on the cabinetry?
24 A. Oh, yes, sir.
25 Q. How about on the handles to the
Sandra M. Halsey, CSR, Official Court Reporter
2799

1 cabinets?
2 A. Yes, sir. There was blood on the
3 knobs to the cabinets below the sink.
4 Q. All right. Now, did you or Miss Long,
5 in your presence, open up the doors to that cabinet?
6 A. Yes, sir.
7 Q. All right. And, did you see anything
8 unusual when you opened up the doors to the cabinet?

9 A. There was blood present inside the
10 cabinet, consistent with the door having to have been
11 opened when the blood was shed.
12 Q. All right. So, in your opinion, was
13 the blood on the facing or the outside of the cabinet,
14 that was consistent with having been deposited when the
15 doors were closed?
16 A. Yes.
17 Q. All right. Was there also blood

18 inside that was consistent with having been dropped while
19 the doors to the cabinet were actually open?
20 A. Yes.
21 Q. Do you remember what was inside that
22 cabinet?
23 A. As I recall, it was the usual under
24 the sink, kitchen-cleaning materials, cleanser and stuff.
25 Q. Now, did you instruct Miss Long to
Sandra M. Halsey, CSR, Official Court Reporter
2800

1 take actual blood samples from the kitchen sink area?
2 A. Yes, sir.
3 Q. Anything else done there at the sink
4 at that time?
5 A. At that time, no, sir.


http://www.routiertranscripts.com/tr...mes/vol-37.php
Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to cami For This Useful Post:
  #4  
Old 08-06-2012, 04:27 PM
JenniferTx's Avatar
JenniferTx JenniferTx is offline
I love Jesus but I like to drink a little. :)
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Texas
Posts: 1,719
Quote:
Originally Posted by cami View Post
Jennifer, here you go.

9 Q. All right. What is the next thing
10 that you all did then?
11 A. Again, we moved back into the house,
12 and as you stand in the front entryway hall, you can
13 evaluate the family room and the kitchen.
14 And, at that time I asked Miss Long to
15 check other bathrooms for occult or latent blood that you
16 cannot see, as if someone had washed up. And then I
17 focused my attention on the kitchen sink.
18 Q. All right. And when you looked at the
19 kitchen sink, what was its appearance?
20 A. It was unusual. It -- the sink
21 portion had been cleaned of blood, and the blood stains
22 on the front of the cabinet, were such that when that
23 blood was being shed, it would also need to be shed into
24 the sinks, which were now clean. So, it was my opinion
25 that the sinks had probably been cleaned of blood.
Sandra M. Halsey, CSR, Official Court Reporter
2797

1 Q. All right. Did you do any testing,
2 presumptive testing to determine if there was actually
3 blood in the sink or around the sink?
4 A. Miss Long did.

5 Q. All right. And what were the results?
6 A. The faucets were -- showed no blood
7 present, but with our chemicals we got a reaction.
8 Q. All right.
9 A. The -- there were some stains that
10 appeared to be watered down, that had run into the

11 stainless steel areas, that were positive for blood.
12 Kathryn took samples of those. The
13 water faucet, where the water actually comes out, that
14 appeared clean and stainless steel, but that was also
15 reactive for the presence of blood.
16 Q. All right. Now, when you get a
17 reaction for blood, does it range -- is there a certain

18 range of reaction? I mean, does all blood react equally,
19 or do you have a variance there?
20 A. Well, with time you appreciate a
21 difference. With the chemicals we use, if blood is
22 present, or the presumptive presence of blood, it will
23 pop up a green color, kind of a blue-green.
24 If the blood is fresh, it will react
25 very quickly and a very bright blue-green. If the blood
Sandra M. Halsey, CSR, Official Court Reporter
2798

1 is old, you will get kind of a dull, light-green color to
2 the reaction.
3 And some of the false/positive
4 materials will give the dull, slower, green reaction.
5 Q. What kind of reaction did you get for
6 the samples actually inside the bowl of the sink?
7 A. Those were quickly and darkly
8 reactive.
9 Q. All right. Did you sample anything
10 from the faucet area that appeared to be clean?
11 A. Yes, sir.
12 Q. What kind of reaction did you get up
13 there?
14 A. That was quickly and darkly reactive.
15 Q. Which told you what?
16 A. That there was recent contact with
17 that faucet with blood.
18 Q. All right. Did you have an
19 opportunity to look at the cabinet work that faces right
20 there at the sink area?
21 A. Yes, sir.
22 Q. All right. Was there blood actually
23 visible on the cabinetry?
24 A. Oh, yes, sir.
25 Q. How about on the handles to the
Sandra M. Halsey, CSR, Official Court Reporter
2799

1 cabinets?
2 A. Yes, sir. There was blood on the
3 knobs to the cabinets below the sink.
4 Q. All right. Now, did you or Miss Long,
5 in your presence, open up the doors to that cabinet?
6 A. Yes, sir.
7 Q. All right. And, did you see anything
8 unusual when you opened up the doors to the cabinet?

9 A. There was blood present inside the
10 cabinet, consistent with the door having to have been
11 opened when the blood was shed.
12 Q. All right. So, in your opinion, was
13 the blood on the facing or the outside of the cabinet,
14 that was consistent with having been deposited when the
15 doors were closed?
16 A. Yes.
17 Q. All right. Was there also blood

18 inside that was consistent with having been dropped while
19 the doors to the cabinet were actually open?
20 A. Yes.
21 Q. Do you remember what was inside that
22 cabinet?
23 A. As I recall, it was the usual under
24 the sink, kitchen-cleaning materials, cleanser and stuff.
25 Q. Now, did you instruct Miss Long to
Sandra M. Halsey, CSR, Official Court Reporter
2800

1 take actual blood samples from the kitchen sink area?
2 A. Yes, sir.
3 Q. Anything else done there at the sink
4 at that time?
5 A. At that time, no, sir.


http://www.routiertranscripts.com/tr...mes/vol-37.php
Thank you Cami. That was exactly what I was looking for.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 08-07-2012, 11:12 AM
JenniferTx's Avatar
JenniferTx JenniferTx is offline
I love Jesus but I like to drink a little. :)
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Texas
Posts: 1,719
Thanks for the information Cami. Do you remember hearing something about the blood clean-up at the sink was from chicken blood from their dinner the night before? That must have been one bloody chicken. I always thought that was reaching a bit too far using the bloody chicken excuse. When I still thought Darlie wasn't guilty I thought she stood there on the phone with 911 and didn't even realize that she was cleaning the blood around the sink since she was such a clean freak. Funny how I was trying to think of any reason for her not to be guilty of this crime.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 08-09-2012, 05:06 PM
cami's Avatar
cami cami is offline
Keep your fork......
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: In the Atlantic
Posts: 2,582
Quote:
Originally Posted by JenniferTx View Post
Thanks for the information Cami. Do you remember hearing something about the blood clean-up at the sink was from chicken blood from their dinner the night before? That must have been one bloody chicken. I always thought that was reaching a bit too far using the bloody chicken excuse. When I still thought Darlie wasn't guilty I thought she stood there on the phone with 911 and didn't even realize that she was cleaning the blood around the sink since she was such a clean freak. Funny how I was trying to think of any reason for her not to be guilty of this crime.
LOL, Darlie supporter Jeffrey is the person who concocted the chicken blood story.

It's totally made up from the fantasies of their heated brains. Not only was Darlie cutting up chicken for supper that night (they had chicken noodle soup), they have Darin repairing his computers with the bread knife, hence the polyglass fibre and the rubber dust on the knife.

I feel sure if we could have perused Darlie's recycle bin, we'd find a couple of cans of Campbells. LOL

I don't think they realize what harm they are doing when they concoct such ridiculous scenarios but they will say anything, anything to put the blame on anyone but Darlie.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Revenge you can't sink your teeth into. Steely Dan Bizarre and Off-Beat News 18 05-08-2012 08:27 PM
10 Phrases That Can Sink Your Resume Dark Knight Up to the Minute 9 04-30-2010 07:03 PM
Off Topic-better known as the Kitchen Sink believe09 Tawni Lee Mazzone (formerly Maricopa Jane Doe) 30 08-21-2008 08:12 PM
Internet Scammers Sink To New Low Dark Knight Up to the Minute 9 03-01-2008 12:54 PM
Sea Lions Sink Man's Antique Sailboat Casshew Bizarre and Off-Beat News 0 09-15-2005 04:47 PM


© Copyright Websleuths 1999-2012 New To Site? Need Help?
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:51 PM.

Advertisements

Pre-Order Imperfect Justice: Prosecuting Casey Anthony today!