GUILTY OR - Whitney Heichel, 21, Gresham, 16 Oct 2012 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Knox

Reaction score
Missing woman's SUV found with busted window

GRESHAM, Ore. - A 21-year-old Gresham woman has disappeared under what police have labeled 'suspicious' circumstances.

Whitney Heichel did not show up to work Tuesday morning and her vehicle, a black 1999 Ford Explorer (pictured in the photo gallery), was later found abandoned in the parking lot of the Wood Village WalMart at 23500 N.E. Sandy Boulevard.

The vehicle's window was shattered and it appeared as if someone had rummaged around inside.

Gresham police are looking for leads in the case. At this point, investigators do not know if Heichel left of her own accord and is simply unaccounted for, or if she was a victim of foul play.
http://www.katu.com/news/local/Gresham-woman-Whitney-Heichel-missing-174489061.html

thread #1

Scanner thread

The following is a timeline from Tuesday that detectives have put together:

• 6:45 a.m. - Heichel left her apartment in the 700 block of Southeast Highway 26. She was headed to work at the Starbucks in East Gresham near Powell and Burnside, which is just five minutes away from her home.
  • 7 a.m. - Heichel was supposed to be at work by this time but never showed up.
  • 9:56 a.m. - Heichel's husband called 9-1-1 to report her missing.
  • 12:30 p.m. - Friends and family reported that Heichel's ATM card was used at a gas station at Southeast 257th and Stark. Detectives verified that was correct and that her vehicle was at the gas station at 9:14 a.m.
  • 1 p.m. - Family and friends begin distributing flyers and discover Heichel's vehicle at the WalMart in Wood Village at 23500 N.E. Sandy Blvd. The vehicle's passenger side window had been broken out.
http://www.katu.com/news/local/Gresham-woman-Whitney-Heichel-missing-174489061.html

Whitney_Heichel.jpg

What could have happened to her in such a short distance? Did she stop to get gas on the way to work and someone jumped in her car? Or maybe someone at Starbucks got her as she was exiting her vehicle there?

The passenger window of her car being broken out, is very concerning. Where would the guy have taken her after her car was left in the parking lot? Are there homes or apartments close by? Taking someone by force on foot is pretty risky.

The locations are all within five miles of each other.
http://goo.gl/maps/ZPCS0

http://goo.gl/maps/4NloF
There are some homes adjacent to the Walmart parking lot.

Is there an updated map with the location of where the phone was found? I'm assuming its near the gas station. It seems that it was prob ringing off the hook and someone chucked it out of the SUV. Sounds like the kids that found it...touched the bejeebuz outta it. Maybe they can get a print or two.

I wish LE would clear up the 11:17am time about her vehicle. Some media reports that's the time in which it was found (by friends/fam), other sources are stating it's the time it was dropped off yet it was FOUND at 1pm. This part is really irritating me as media is getting it wrong in nearly every article it seems.

Press release due out "any minute now" according to KGW (TV).

10am PST presser still planned, but press release is due very soon!

Goodness. :( I really hope she has run off, but it just doesn't sound likely does it? Such a beautiful young lady with a family that clearly love her. I hope she is found safe and soon.

welcome to websleuths Stephanie! :cheer:

there were a few maps put up on thread number 1... let me see if I can find them and bring them over

from the above link
Children say they find cell phone that belongs to missing woman

The apartment complex is about four miles from Whitney Heichel's Gresham home.(my words, where the phone was found)

Elizabeth Spencer said she saw Heichel struggling to park her SUV the night before she disappeared

Gresham police said if there is new information or new details related to the case they won't release them until a briefing at City Hall Friday morning.

"She had a little dangling bead thing from the rear view mirror that had been ripped off; the back seats were down, which was odd; there was a rubber mat and the carpet that was in the back and those were on top of the seats.

http://www.katu.com/news/local/Chil...-that-belongs-to-missing-woman-174894441.html

okay.. I copied Knox' map into this thread (post number four upstream)

From the above link. She had her neighbor help her park her car the night before she went missing? Gosh...that is just so odd.

From the above link. She had her neighbor help her park her car the night before she went missing? Gosh...that is just so odd.

I was wondering about that! The neighbor was talking about it on the news and I thought, "Why would she need help parking it?"

Celiacs disease is very uncomfortable. Whitney would have needed to be close to a restroom at all times

I wonder if she needed help as she had to parallel park on the street? From the pic of her SUV it is lengthy. I haven't read every thread yet so could be way off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohbeehaave