Websleuths
Go Back   Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community > Missing!! > Missing Forum Discussion

Notices

Missing Forum Discussion This is the place for case discussion and opinion regarding those who are missing.

Old 11-02-2012, 12:36 AM
Rest in peace, Adrienne

Quote:
Originally Posted by eileenhawkeye View Post
IDK. I could definitely see how "missing model" would appeal to the media.
Her modeling seems to border on the sort of pictures you'd see in men's magazines. If you search her name in google images there are two that show (I think on the first and second result pages?). The pictures I've found are very provocative, and she's extremely scantily dressed. Even the picture of her face that most news sources seem to be using is a cropped shot of one of these modeling pictures.

I'm absolutely not judging her for this, I just don't think it's something that the majority of people view very favorably (unfortunately).
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Public_Hysteria For This Useful Post:
Old 11-02-2012, 12:36 AM
What a Kerfuffle...

So Jessica's killer hadn't been arrested yet.
Only an hour and a half away from him.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MsFacetious For This Useful Post:
Old 11-02-2012, 12:38 AM
Rest in peace, Adrienne

Quote:
Originally Posted by T4Tide View Post
Her MM account says, "Out in Chi town ATM, hope to be back soon." Wonder when that was added?
This may be a stupid question... but what is Chi town?
The Following User Says Thank You to Public_Hysteria For This Useful Post:
Old 11-02-2012, 12:39 AM

Chicago
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to scadder21 For This Useful Post:
Old 11-02-2012, 01:02 AM
What happened to Nancy Jenkins?

This one makes me sick, too

Where are you Kara??????????????????
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to longtallcold For This Useful Post:
Old 11-02-2012, 02:42 AM

According to KKTV (Colorado Springs) news tonight, her bff was on-Rachel B. She and Kara had been friends all through HS, she said Kara loved everybody, her family is in Chicago, and it was very unusual for her not to have contact with anyone. She also said that in the past year, Kara had taken to running with the wrong crowd.
As far as her modeling goes....Modeling is a tough industry and very few girls are able to make any money doing it. From what I can gather, girls can make about $75.00 -$100.00 an hour if they model nude/implied nude. In today's economy, there's probably quite a few who are doing it to help make rent. This is a very young girl, a child, really. I think she naively entered a situation in which she was in way over her head. I'm really worried about her.

Last edited by spamelope; 11-02-2012 at 03:39 AM.
Old 11-02-2012, 10:08 AM

I'm not sure but how would it ever be confirmed if it did. There is trafficking but there's also kidnapping and then selling the person to someone who can afford. I don't see why it wouldn't be happening. I'm sure rich people with harems the women aren't all there volutarily.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to scadder21 For This Useful Post:
Old 11-02-2012, 10:13 AM

Yes I agree with you. I think it happens but as you say, finding proof is very difficult.
The Following User Says Thank You to LittleMissContrary For This Useful Post:
Old 11-02-2012, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fhc View Post
Model Mayhem??? Is that the same site that has been linked to other disappearances?

Please let this young lady be found alive SOON. Way too young to be gone...
I do know that one of the suspects in the Jaren Lockhart case had a portfolio on model mayhem, but I don't know that it is connected to any other disappearances
Old 11-02-2012, 10:44 AM

Do find a comment concerning from a co-worker that said her bf waited outside for her whole shift...hmmm
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to aussie_girl88 For This Useful Post:
Old 11-02-2012, 10:45 AM

if you look on her facebook, the picture of her in a black bikini holding a phone has a strange comment. It's by a C Pool.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to OceanEyes For This Useful Post:
Old 11-02-2012, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorekeeper View Post
Thanks, Score!

I do see the one post regarding Missing Kara on this page!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to IHAVENOCLUE For This Useful Post:
Old 11-02-2012, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OceanEyes View Post
if you look on her facebook, the picture of her in a black bikini holding a phone has a strange comment. It's by a C Pool.
Just read it... it seemed kind of personal, verbally (or written in this case) agressive...

But who knows....

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to IHAVENOCLUE For This Useful Post:
Old 11-02-2012, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OceanEyes View Post

to me her profile is private, can't see.
Old 11-02-2012, 12:13 PM

The agency she works for has now posted her missing poster. I am still on the fence regarding the legitimacy of that agency.

Of course it's my own opinion, the opinion rental shop was fresh out of borrowed opinions.
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to LittleMissContrary For This Useful Post:
Old 11-02-2012, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleMissContrary View Post
The agency she works for has now posted her missing poster. I am still on the fence regarding the legitimacy of that agency.
Actually, there's dialog about her missing as far back as Oct. 12! It's worth looking at, definitely!
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to spamelope For This Useful Post:
Old 11-02-2012, 04:55 PM

Hi all,
I used to work with Kara (not in the modeling thing, though she was pursuing that at the same time) and thought I'd add some information for those interested.
Yes, she was in Chicago recently but her parents are in Colorado. They sent her to live with family to try to get her away from some of the bad influences in her life. She was there for a while but came back to Colorado several weeks before her disappearance.
She is a good kid. She got caught up with a bad crowd and a boyfriend who was into the wrong things but she was trying to clean herself up. The reports all say she was going to Denver for employment but my understanding is that she was actually going up there for a rave and was last seen leaving with some guys her friends didn't know. Feel free to ask any more questions if you like. I've never been a close friend of hers but I did work with her for a while and just want to see her safely home.
Old 11-02-2012, 05:58 PM

Welcome to Websleuths, Afterall! Thanks for your insight. So, I take it you worked with her at the restaurant that was mentioned in the comment section of the news channel? Does her boyfriend work, or just lurk outside of the restaurant while she did? Why didn't he go to the rave as well? It seems one close friend seemed to think she was going for employment as well. Who were the friends that saw her leave? Do you mean they saw her leave with "guys her friends didn't know" from the rave, or the Springs? Thanks for joining and for offering to help with questions!
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to spamelope For This Useful Post:
Old 11-02-2012, 06:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afterall View Post
Hi all,
I used to work with Kara (not in the modeling thing, though she was pursuing that at the same time) and thought I'd add some information for those interested.
Yes, she was in Chicago recently but her parents are in Colorado. They sent her to live with family to try to get her away from some of the bad influences in her life. She was there for a while but came back to Colorado several weeks before her disappearance.
She is a good kid. She got caught up with a bad crowd and a boyfriend who was into the wrong things but she was trying to clean herself up. The reports all say she was going to Denver for employment but my understanding is that she was actually going up there for a rave and was last seen leaving with some guys her friends didn't know. Feel free to ask any more questions if you like. I've never been a close friend of hers but I did work with her for a while and just want to see her safely home.
Afterall!

I am sorry for your concern of your friend/acquaintance!

thank you for helping WS help find Kara!
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to IHAVENOCLUE For This Useful Post:
Old 11-02-2012, 06:09 PM

this may seem,like a long shot...

but.. Did,the people,who,saw Kara leave(rave or ?) see the make, color,year of the car... And did they see what state the plate/tags of,the car were from?

I
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to IHAVENOCLUE For This Useful Post:
Old 11-02-2012, 06:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spamelope View Post
Welcome to Websleuths, Afterall! Thanks for your insight. So, I take it you worked with her at the restaurant that was mentioned in the comment section of the news channel? Does her boyfriend work, or just lurk outside of the restaurant while she did? Why didn't he go to the rave as well? It seems one close friend seemed to think she was going for employment as well. Who were the friends that saw her leave? Do you mean they saw her leave with "guys her friends didn't know" from the rave, or the Springs? Thanks for joining and for offering to help with questions!
Yep, I worked with her at the restaurant. She quit before she went to Chicago though and didn't return after she came back to Colorado. I'm not sure if she and her boyfriend were still together at the time, actually. I think his parents wanted him to stay away from her and they were always kind of hot and cold. I don't know what his deal is, honestly. From what I was told she left the rave with guys her friends didn't know. She didn't have her own car though so I don't know who she went up there with. As I said, we weren't close friends and much of the information I've gotten has been passed around so I can't guarantee its accuracy.
Old 11-02-2012, 06:31 PM

At the time of her disappearance, was she still with this boyfriend that supposedly would lurk outside of her work waiting for her?

ETA: Thanks Afterall for answering my question. I was typing at the same time as you were

Last edited by bdawk20; 11-02-2012 at 06:42 PM.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to bdawk20 For This Useful Post:
Old 11-02-2012, 06:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdawk20 View Post
At the time of her disappearance, was she still with this boyfriend that supposedly would lurk outside if her work waiting for her?

ETA: Thanks Afterall for answeringy question. I was typing at the same time as you were
I don't think they were together but he was the first one to start raising red flags about her disappearance online. He was the first one to post on her facebook wall saying that she was missing and to please let himself or her family know if they heard from her. And I don't remember him ever lurking outside of work (that definitely doesn't mean it didn't happen though since I didn't always work with her). She didn't have a car though so she was always relying on rides from different people to get home after.
Old 11-02-2012, 06:49 PM

Can anyone find a rave for the 10th? I can't, but I'm at an age where people would hide rave info from me. lol
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to spamelope For This Useful Post:
Old 11-02-2012, 07:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afterall View Post
I don't think they were together but he was the first one to start raising red flags about her disappearance online. He was the first one to post on her facebook wall saying that she was missing and to please let himself or her family know if they heard from her. And I don't remember him ever lurking outside of work (that definitely doesn't mean it didn't happen though since I didn't always work with her). She didn't have a car though so she was always relying on rides from different people to get home after.
I saw a comment from someone on FB that said they were in the PD when the brother filed the MP report. Do you know if Kara and he are close? Does she have any other siblings? Was she living with the bf at the time she disappeared, with her family or other friends? Does the ex/bf have a vehicle? Thanks in advance....
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to spamelope For This Useful Post: