*graphic and adult content* Jodi Arias Trial discussion #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Continue discussing the trial here:

Court resumes today at 1230 EST

*general reminder: please refrain from name calling and address the post and not the poster*

A photo processor and California police officer are expected to testify today.

Well folks back to college for me today! I am so grateful I will be able to catch up later due to all the wonderful WS'ers! ( I am 40 and feel like it is my first day of kindergarten)

Thanks for the warm welcome! :)

I've was in a relationship with a psychopath for many years. A month after he left, the fog cleared and I was able to see what was going on. I spent years after that studying and in therapy. I even blog about my experiences.

I will only say this: "Every psychopath is a narcissist, but not every narcissist is a psychopath"

Jodi imo, does not have borderline personality disorder, she is a full blown Sociopath. Dr Robert Hare's checklist will go a lot further when you can expand on every tick in that category.

Passive Aggressiveness, projection, mirroring, rapport, etc.

Psychopaths & Sociopaths have been known to even fool their psychologists! there is NO cure for psychopathy because these beasts are constantly mirroring their psychologist, and manipulating them. They take what they see in session and use this knowledge to their advantage. This is what Jodi will be doing in court.

Which one sounds more like Jodi?

Sociopaths tend to be nervous and easily agitated. They are likely to be uneducated and live on the fringes of society, unable to hold down a steady job or stay in one place. Some sociopaths form attachments to an individual or group, though they have no regard for society in general. In the eyes of others, sociopaths appear clearly disturbed. Any crimes committed by a sociopath tend to be disorganized and spontaneous.

Psychopaths, on the other hand, often have charming personalities. They are manipulative and easily gain people’s trust. They have learned to mimic emotion and so appear “normal” to other people. Psychopaths are often educated and hold steady jobs. Some are so good at manipulation and mimicry that they can have families and other long-term relationships without those around them ever suspecting their true nature.

Robert Hare states that the two categories above are interchangeable. I'd say she has traits from both.

When Jodi looks at Travis, she sees what we do when we look at a chair. We use the chair, sit in the chair, but do we care what the chair feels? when the chair breaks, we buy a new one and chuck the old one out. We don't care how the chair feels, because it's an inanimate object. This is how Jodi views her victims. They are there to be used and tossed when she's done with them.

Watch her in court, when Elizabeth Northcutt comes to the stand you can see Jodi taking mental notes. She is mirroring Elizabeth's mannerisms. It might be slight and you might not catch it , but it's there.

Elizabeth is very believable, sweet and honest.

Jodi also betrays herself in court everyday with her "micro expressions" tiny expressions that are very very fast and might not be noticed by the average Joe. I often catch her with looks of arrogance, contempt and anger.

I cannot wait to see this woman given the DP, nothing would make me happier. The only problem is Jodi won't care about jail or the death penalty because for her that's just an inconvenience, she will still be having fun behind bars with other people, using and abusing as much as she can.

Psychopaths adapt very very quickly.

The only Justice for Travis, is a quick speedy execution right after the verdict.

I remember watching the 48 hours CBS video on this case back in 2008 . I kept up to date via "Eyes for lies" and since then have thought about Travis, wondering when this beast of a woman will get her comeuppance.

The only emotional abuse I see here? is Jodi emotionally abusing travis. When I was emotionally abused by the psycho, I did things I wouldn't have ever done or said had I been in a clear state of mind.. However psychopaths are great at confusing, directing, deflecting, and fogging up the mind of their victim that the victim behaves in ways that are not of his choosing.

Travis might have been sleeping with Jodi, but from what I can see he was a very confused, exasperated, tired, man with a fogged up mind trying desperately to think straight!

This is Alyce LaViolette, domestic abuse expert for the defense.

She walks you through a relationship starting at the link below, interesting comments about not calling the police, cyber stalking for example.

:waitasec:Not sure how she is going to make Jodi into the victim but its interesting to listen to none the less.
http://youtu.be/vFt8FCrBk6k?t=40m23s

Good morning all. I had a busy weekend, so I wasnt able to log in, but I will be catching up. I did see a post about the dragging picture, some interesting info there I never concidered.
Welcome to the new posters!
I hope everyone has a great Monday. Its Moanday here, as my Texans lost last night. :(

A photo processor and California police officer are expected to testify today.

I suppose this will be concerning the photos that were able to be retrieve from the memory card?

Or do you think it is about other photos Jodi took?

Did they ever look at her own camera?

imo

Good morning, friends...

Our new member, KatherineGa, contributed an amazing first post on the last page of the last thread, just minutes before it was shut down to move us to this thread.

It was a long post with many, many interesting points. Of particular interest to me was a new perception of the "dragging picture".

After looking at it from KatherineGa's new viewpoint, I also clearly see that it is not Arias' shoe in the foreground of the pic, but instead her knee, rear end, etc. I agree Arias is kneeling behind Travis, and the picture was accidentally snapped while she was literally in the process of slicing open Travis' throat. That explains why his arm and head are lifted off the ground.

The picture captured what truly has to be his last few seconds of life, and his last, hopeless effort to save it.

great post katherineGA!
I totally agree with what you posted.

Good morning, friends...

Our new member, KatherineGa, contributed an amazing first post on the last page of the last thread, just minutes before it was shut down to move us to this thread.

It was a long post with many, many interesting points. Of particular interest to me was a new perception of the "dragging picture".

After looking at it from KatherineGa's new viewpoint, I also clearly see that it is not Arias' shoe in the foreground of the pic, but instead her knee, rear end, etc. I agree Arias is kneeling behind Travis, and the picture was accidentally snapped while she was literally in the process of slicing open Travis' throat. That explains why his arm and head are lifted off the ground.

The picture captured what truly has to be his last few seconds of life, and his last, hopeless effort to save it.

I agree... here it is:

post by KatherineGA:

Troubling Questions
Hey guys & girls, I have just joined here after spending days upon days reading each thread on the Travis Alexander murder. I am so grateful to be able to come on board as it's a really nice group of people here.

Please forgive me for the jumping right in the deep end here, but I have some troubling questions.

I have figured out the "Accidental Image" of TA and Jodi and there's a reason why everyone here was having a hard time figuring it out. Part of the image was cut off / cropped in most of the news media, so I went
here and found the image shown in court and pointed out a few things I noticed.

Jodi is on her knees, you can see the sole or underside of her sneaker/trainer , she is LEFT handed so this matches up to the wound bleeding over the right shoulder first.

http://i50.tinypic.com/21nr3f7.jpg

This image also matches up to the image below where you can see that the tile and carpet meet and match up as indicated in the above image. The blood pooling and the round head shape also match up to this being the area where TA's throat was slit.

http://i47.tinypic.com/24qrdxy.png

http://i45.tinypic.com/255ut4w.png

We know Jodi had a camera, but the camera strap was left in the bag in the master bedroom, (The witness on the stand said the cord was unopened in the original packaging) The camera was found in the washer without a strap.

http://i49.tinypic.com/t9ik2b.png

We know the murder and pictures were all time stamped within 1 minute, so the murder and pictures took 1 minute and 38 seconds (Max)

My questions are :

A: How was Jodi able to take these images in 1 minute whilst murdering TA? without any camera strap to hold the camera?

B: How was she able to drag TA's body with the camera and the camera accidently snap an image of the ceiling?

C: Travis is alive in the image above as his arm is flexing , this image (imo) shows Jodi halfway through slitting his throat. Travis would be able to lift his arm for a few seconds before succumbing to dizziness and unconsciousness

Did Jodi set a timer on the camera? if so , how was she able to keep travis down long enough to pick the camera up and set the clock?

Roommates

The roommates said that for 5 days they had not noticed any foul odors whilst staying in the shared house. He even said he got home at around 6pm.

Quote:
Enrique Cortez Jr: My work was usually from 8-4:30 in Tempe doing check fraud. At the time I was using the bus because gas was over $4.00/gallon. I would drive to Superstition Springs Mall, catch the 61 westbound, and got off at Priest and Southern. The ride was probably about an hour and 15 minutes. That bus ride home that day was probably what kept me from walking into a bad situation since I probably got home around 6 or later

Hang on a second, we know Jodi was most likely still there at 6pm! she was placing clothes in the washer. The Prosecution believe she was most likely there for up to 1-2 hours after.

The murder happened within a few minutes, she had to clean herself up, gather her things, drag Travis to the shower and take her time down in the laundry room.

Am I to believe that the roommate who got home 1/2 hour after the murder never saw Jodi? never noticed anything at all?

The roommate's ride home takes 1 hour and 15 mins. Which if he left say, from around 4:40-4:45 pm - this would take him up to around 6pm.

Odors

The Roommate says

Quote:
You also have to remember how big the house was (4500-5000 sq ft) and how the master suite, including the bathroom, occupies only one side, with the other bedrooms on the opposite side of a huge loft from the bathroom's location. That Monday night was the first time I was noticing the smell because it took that long to finally leave the bathroom and reach that side of the top floor

We know Mimi Hall (first person on the scene, Monday, day 5) who took the stand last week stated "As soon as we walked through the front door it smelled bad"

The smell travelled from upstairs down to the front living area , so when Mimi Hall walked through the front door she could smell it.

So why would it take 5 days to reach the other side of the loft upstairs, a shorter distance away? Not to mention the fact that the roommates have to walk through the Front Door and go up the Stairs

Doesn't add up. Didn't they use the laundry room, kitchen - (at the bottom of the stairs) in those 5 days? am I to believe they didn't eat downstairs, feed the dog, notice the dog barking? (Mimi said the dog was barking and running around, hadn't been attended to in 5 days)

Mimi (Marie) Hall noticed the smell right away , so why didn't the roommates notice the smell, they had been living there for 5 days after the murder.

How could they only notice it that Monday?

My Mind Boggles.......

This is Alyce LaViolette, domestic abuse expert for the defense.

She walks you through a relationship starting at the link below, interesting comments about not calling the police, cyber stalking for example.

:waitasec:Not sure how she is going to make Jodi into the victim but its interesting to listen to none the less.
http://youtu.be/vFt8FCrBk6k?t=40m23s

I wish the state would call this domestic violence expert to the stand in rebuttal. Although I think the Prosecutor can pitch this expert in his favor by asking many hypotheticals by giving her certain situations that are happening between an abuser and a victim and wont even have to name Travis as the victim even though he clearly is and she is the abuser.

The National Domestic Violence Registry was invited to comment on the Jodi Arias murder trial and her defense of being a victim of DV.

I have received much criticism for the opinion I gave. I want to express my reasons for doing so:
.... As a commentator we are sent case information that you do not see. I based my opinion on that. I believe the prosecution will succeed based on the evidence.

... Just take a look at the photos - if you can stomach it. From what I saw, Travis was the one who was abused, stalked and annihilated by a stone cold killer.

... I don't think Jodi was a victim of abuse by Travis. She may have experienced abuse at sometime in her life as she ran away frequently in her youth (I'd like to know why), she did not graduate HS.

... I was going by evidence and it's overwhelming and Jodi now admits her guilt (after 3 different stories) the truth is she almost decapitated Travis. stabbed him at least 24 times and shot him in the head. She didn't need this kind of overKILL to escape any kind of abuse.

... I felt it was an insult for this Jodi to so loosely use the excuse of DV after she had so horribly assassinated Travis. There is so much wrong with her behavior and none of it is typical for a DV victim. It is though very akin to how an abuser acts and this happened when Travis tried to leave her, also a common time when murder happens."

In Session Jodi Arias Trial 01.08.2013 on Vimeo

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned before, but here it goes anyway - If Jodi was snapping pictures of Travis in the shower and dropped his camera (causing him to snap) why in the world did she happen to have a knife and gun on hand to "defend" herself in the shower? As a juror, this would be my #1 question regarding premeditation. Does anyone know if that's been specifically addressed yet? I may have missed it.

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned before, but here it goes anyway - If Jodi was snapping pictures of Travis in the shower and dropped his camera (causing him to snap) why in the world did she happen to have a knife and gun on hand to "defend" herself in the shower? As a juror, this would be my #1 question regarding premeditation. Does anyone know if that's been specifically addressed yet? I may have missed it.

exactly!

I have wondered how she will explain that as well...

I suppose this will be concerning the photos that were able to be retrieve from the memory card?

Or do you think it is about other photos Jodi took?

Did they ever look at her own camera?

imo

IIRC from the JFT Facebook page, it is the officer who investigated the stolen gun report on May 28 in Yreka.

Edited to add:
Nope. It was on Beth Karas Insession FB.

and I completely focused on the PO when you were talking about the photo processor. According to BK, he is the one who retrieved the deleted photos on TA's camera. So yes, you are spot on.

Thanks guys, but I wouldn't of found that image or even been able to make heads nor tails of this whole case without the pages and pages you all contributed to.

It was amazing going through it all.

Can someone please help me out.
What time is live streaming today an can someone please link me to where and convert that time to UK time. It's 2.44pm here now so I'm assuming you folks in the US are roughly 6 hours behind??? Thanks and keep up the excellent work. X

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Is it approx 8am in AZ.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads