Websleuths
Go Back   Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community > Missing!! > Missing but not forgotten Discussion > 2000's Missing

Notices

2000's Missing Persons missing between 2000-2009

Closed Thread

Old 05-18-2005, 04:37 PM
Team Rachael

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmutt
Hi all, I am new to this forum.

Police say it is unlikely that it is a random act. It is all too perfect to be random. Usually random acts leave a mess behind and don't care about hiding bodies, cars etc. They have also reported that it is probably done by more than one person.

As for Wenchie's "Nothing new on this?" -- there actually is stuff going on. Family and friends are in the process of opening a fund for Richard's 14 year old daughter starting with a benefit concert probably in Philly, search efforts are being planned, and Christine, Richard's sister, was interviewed by the Phila Inquirer and should be out sometime this week.
I have read something about the trust fund. I thought it was for both children (Danielle's and Richard's). I just wish the family would get some answers. It must be really hard on Richard's daughter since she is old enough to realize what is going on.
Old 05-18-2005, 05:57 PM
CERTIFIED FLYERS FANATIC!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachael
It must be really hard on Richard's daughter since she is old enough to realize what is going on.
And amazingly frightening. I find stories like this to be frightening just hearing them on t.v., and this poor girl has to live the reality. I hope that she and the rest of the family will have the answers soon. I hold them in my heart and my prayers and think of them every day.

"Be the change you wish to see in the world."
Mahatma Gandhi
Old 05-18-2005, 11:25 PM
Former Member

If it's unlikely to have been a random act, that would mean that they were specifically targeted. I'm wondering if there are any theories on who might have targeted them - and why.

I'll try my best to get to the concert, and I'd appreciate it if you'd post the info on it here when you get it. I don't normally read the Courier Post, etc.
Old 05-19-2005, 08:26 AM

It's THREE MONTHS TODAY since their disappearance. If anyone up there is listening, PLEASE we need guidance to find them.

The police say no one is a suspect but they are looking at everyone. That doesn't really mean much, though. Police reports say Danielle's estranged husband threatened Richard many times at work, and such threats were witnessed by Rich's co-workers.

The concert for now is on hold. The Petrone family has decided to postpone all benefits for now and to have a large one down the road. There is more info about it on www.richardanddanielle.com forum and www.richardpetrone.com site.
Old 05-19-2005, 03:30 PM
Former Member

I'll be checking in here regularly.
Old 05-19-2005, 03:59 PM
Former Member

P.S. Ever since I've heard the entire story I've been certain that this wasn't a random act. The only place they could have been carjacked was at South Street or on the way to the bridge - both crowded areas at that time on a Saturday night.

Once you get to the bridge it's open highway.

If someone had been following them, there really aren't any lonely stretches where they could have overtaken them.

Maybe someone called them on a cell and lured them somewhere?
Old 05-19-2005, 04:38 PM

... or waited until they parked at her place.
Old 05-19-2005, 06:30 PM
Former Member

Depending on her neighborhood and how busy and lighted it is.
Old 05-19-2005, 06:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wenchie
P.S. Ever since I've heard the entire story I've been certain that this wasn't a random act. The only place they could have been carjacked was at South Street or on the way to the bridge - both crowded areas at that time on a Saturday night.
Except not necessarily in February. South Street and the surrounding area is very busy in nice weather but during colder or wetter times, it can be pretty deserted. February 19th was very cold:

Weather Underground: History

About 29 degrees between 10:54 and 11:54 P.M. I don't think there would have been many people on South Street in that temperature.

Mahatma Gandhi
Old 05-19-2005, 07:00 PM

Quote:
Depending on her neighborhood and how busy and lighted it is.
What complex is her house in? Mt. Laurel in general is not very busy at that time of night. But doesn't she live in a condo? I can't imagine that something could happen in a condo lot without someone noticing something. I wonder if surveillance video has captured their vehicle going over the bridge, (I think we pondered this before), or if it's been checked. It might be too late to check that now. In any case, a lot of the condo/townhouse developments over here have town watch. Not that nothing bad can happen, but it's something else to consider.

Mahatma Gandhi
Old 05-20-2005, 01:50 PM
Team Rachael

I am really hoping that LE knows something! I wouldn't want to see this case go on for years without the family getting some answers. It's not fair to their parents or their children. I just hope something turns up soon. These missing adult cases are so strange to me especially when the car is also missing (like Audrey Herron). Where are they?
Old 05-20-2005, 02:23 PM

I don't know the family or any LE involved but I get the clear feeling that they have no idea what's happened. I hope that I'm wrong but it seems that if they disappeared between South Street and home, no one knew that anything was amiss until they never returned. They most likely made it to their vehicle and drove off. With no incident upon entering the car, and the car having never been found, it seems that all of the clues might lie with that car. Without it, what do they possibly have to go on? And it's making me crazy ... how have they still not located this vehicle? The only way that makes any sense to me is a car-jacking. The car could have been sold off for parts to a chop shop, and then it might never be found. But if that's the case then where on Earth are Richard and Danielle?

Mahatma Gandhi
Old 05-20-2005, 02:27 PM
Former Member

Although it would be impossible to drive off the bridge, there are places where a car could be intentionally driven into the water. And the Pine Barrens is a big, big area. Well over a million acres.
Old 05-23-2005, 02:46 AM
Former Member

I can't post on the Courttv boards, because it won't let me log in. But - someone is saying over there that perhaps they had an accident down by the river before getting to the bridge, and that the truck is in the water there.

As far as I know, there is no way you could accidently plow into that river - it is just way, way too shallow, and you would have to be going at an impossible speed in order to get far enough out into it for it to even cover the top of a truck.

It's deep where it's dredged out - like, down near the old Riverfront Dinner Theatre - but haven't those areas already been searched?
Old 05-23-2005, 09:58 AM

Quote:
I can't post on the Courttv boards, because it won't let me log in. But - someone is saying over there that perhaps they had an accident down by the river before getting to the bridge, and that the truck is in the water there.

As far as I know, there is no way you could accidently plow into that river - it is just way, way too shallow, and you would have to be going at an impossible speed in order to get far enough out into it for it to even cover the top of a truck.

It's deep where it's dredged out - like, down near the old Riverfront Dinner Theatre - but haven't those areas already been searched?
I'm glad that people are talking about it but I think that without having first-hand knowledge of what certain areas look like, etc., it's really hard to theorize about routes. IMO, I don't even know how you could plunge into the river before getting to the bridge. I'm sure that there are some spots in Philly where it's easier to have that type of accident, but if they took any of the more obvious routes into NJ from South Street, I think that they would have to try pretty hard to get themselves into the river. I'm not sure of the depth - ships do pass through that river - but it seems like it would be unlikely that that could happen, and no one would have noticed something by now.

Mahatma Gandhi
Old 05-23-2005, 10:20 AM
Team Rachael

Quote:
Although it would be impossible to drive off the bridge, there are places where a car could be intentionally driven into the water. And the Pine Barrens is a big, big area. Well over a million acres.

Pine barrens..is that mostly water or land? I know there are some swamp like areas when I drive to my aunt's house in Cherry Hill (on the sides of the highway). I am not too familiar with the Pine barrens though since I live in PA.
Old 05-23-2005, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachael
Pine barrens..is that mostly water or land? I know there are some swamp like areas when I drive to my aunt's house in Cherry Hill (on the sides of the highway). I am not too familiar with the Pine barrens though since I live in PA.
The Pine Barrens is heavy forest. I believe that it is protected land, (at least some of it is. We know people that live in that region, and they aren't allowed to remove certain trees that they wanted to take down). I don't know how much water is there or how big those bodies of water are but I remember camping there, and washing up in a stream when I was about 10. As for any other bodies of water, I'm not too sure myself.

Here's a Web site I've found. It mentions canoeing so it sounds like there are fairly substantial bodies of water:

Pine Barrens of New Jersey

Mahatma Gandhi
Old 05-23-2005, 10:55 AM
Team Rachael

I think there is more likely-hood that if the car is submerged somewhere it is in the Pine Barrens rather than Del. River. I think they should also investigate further up in North NJ possibly into NYC.
Old 05-23-2005, 11:02 AM

Here's a basic map of Penn's Landing and the general area around South Street.

P_Landing_Map

Mahatma Gandhi
Old 05-23-2005, 11:05 AM

A more detailed map of the general area, including Camden, NJ across the riverfront.

AOL Image Search results for "penn's landing philadelphia"

Mahatma Gandhi
Old 05-23-2005, 11:06 AM
Team Rachael

I do not know of many spots in Philly where you can get close to the river in a truck. Now in Chester, PA there is a spot where you can park your car right along the river and possibly even be drive into the Delaware River. I am not sure if it's still like that now but it was years ago.
Old 05-23-2005, 11:10 AM

South Street Philadelphia Official Web Site

Untitled Document (Abilene's Web site)

Mahatma Gandhi
Old 05-23-2005, 11:12 AM

Yahoo! Maps - Philadelphia, PA 19147-1532

I'm not sure if I'm just not seeing it but I don't see Mount Laurel on this map. In any case, Abilene's on South Street is located at the red star by the word Philadelphia, and they would have been traveling to Mount Laurel which is somewhere between Maple Shade and Marlton to the east.

Mahatma Gandhi
Old 05-23-2005, 11:19 AM

Since I'm not sure where Danielle's condo is in Mount Laurel, I typed in an address of a local cafe that's in a fairly central location in Mount Laurel. These are the driving directions that Yahoo Maps gave me from South Street to Mt. Laurel:

Yahoo! Driving Directions - Philadelphia, PA to Mount Laurel, NJ

I'm not positive, (maybe someone local can help me), but it appears that this would suggest using the Ben Franklin Bridge?

Mahatma Gandhi
Old 05-23-2005, 11:23 AM

Driving Directions from 429 South St, Philadelphia, PA to 3131 Route 38, Mount Laurel, NJ

Directions from MapQuest. I'm not good with Route names and numbers but if I'm envisioning this correctly in my head, the 5th Street merge that they're talking about takes you on to the Benjamin Franklin Bridge. So it seems that if Danielle and Richard knew the area, it's most likely that they would have taken the Ben Franklin Bridge. The other two possibilities are Betsy Ross or Walt Whitman.

Mahatma Gandhi
Closed Thread