Websleuths
Go Back   Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community > Crimes and Trials > Trials > Travis Alexander Trial - The State vs. Jodi Arias

Notices

Travis Alexander Trial - The State vs. Jodi Arias Jodi Arias is accused of shooting her ex-boyfriend in the face, stabbing him multiple times and slitting his throat from ear to ear. Her attorneys will argue she killed him in self-defense.

View Poll Results: Did Travis know Arias was coming to his home the night she murdered him?
Yes, he knew. 91 11.97%
No, he didn't know. 551 72.50%
Other combination (yes and no) 39 5.13%
I don't know 79 10.39%
Voters: 760. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-14-2013, 04:09 PM
WS Super Moderator

Did Travis know Arias was coming to his house the night he was murdered?

At member request here is a poll to vote/state your opinion on if you believe Travis knew Arias was coming to his house the night he was murdered:
Old 04-14-2013, 04:12 PM

No. She wouldn't have taken so much trouble to do all the sly pre-murder stuff only to tell Travis and risk him telling others.
The Following 74 Users Say Thank You to rose222 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-14-2013, 04:19 PM

I think he knew but not until that last phone call hours before she got there and he was trying to appease her....she was one determined gal....
Old 04-14-2013, 04:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rose222 View Post
No. She wouldn't have taken so much trouble to do all the sly pre-murder stuff only to tell Travis and risk him telling others.
Ditto!
Old 04-14-2013, 04:21 PM

No, she went to way too much trouble to cover her trail into AZ. She is a sneak, a lying, conniving one at that.

ille terrarum mihi praeter omnis angulus ridet

This corner of earth smiles for me beyond all others.
Horace
Old 04-14-2013, 04:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rose222 View Post
Exactly!!
Old 04-14-2013, 04:25 PM
Team The Prosecutor

No because JA couldn't have taken the risk that Travis told someone she was coming over
Old 04-14-2013, 04:26 PM

I don't think he really wanted to see her... So she didn't let him know she was coming...

However... On another WS thread... There is reported evidence from HLN that JA made quite a few phone calls (to TA) on her trip...

I don't know what to think of that...

JMO
Old 04-14-2013, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nursebeeme View Post
At member request here is a poll to vote/state your opinion on if you believe Travis knew Arias was coming to his house the night he was murdered:
What is your vote, Nurse?

The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to IHAVENOCLUE For This Useful Post:
Old 04-14-2013, 04:33 PM
My opinion's may not alway's be right but they are mine and mine alone.

No, he didn't know:
She had gone to great lenghts to cover up her crime before she ever left Yreka. She didn't count on leaving a bloody palm print on the wall and did her best to distroy his camera, which did happen but the picture card or what ever it's called was still like brand new.
Old 04-14-2013, 04:34 PM
Retired WS Staff

No. She was on a covert mission to murder and absolutely would not risk him telling someone she was coming.

MOO

Old 04-14-2013, 04:38 PM

No, Travis didn't know she was coming.
She premeditated her trip without giving Travis a clue!
Old 04-14-2013, 04:41 PM

No way. After his email to her the last week of May, he was through with her.

JMO, OMO, MOO, etc., etc........
Old 04-14-2013, 04:48 PM
No One Expects the Spanish Inquisition.

No, no, no. After the last 41 minute phone call on the 2nd of June, TA never called her again -- all calls after that are to him from JA (most under three minutes). I think she was going to voicemail -- he was not answering her calls.
The Following 82 Users Say Thank You to Sleuth5 For This Useful Post:
2goaliemom, 8paws, Angelina Frost, bamacurious, basilcat, Cassata11, cecybeans, cocomod, Cortne, Curious Me, Darkhorse, DebbieDaily, DeDee, deedee21, dizzychick, dog.gone.cute, Dr. Know?, EGirl, Elisaa444, Elley Mae, Evanesco, forb8182, FWNana, geevee, Hopeful One, IHAVENOCLUE, ILikeToBendPages, indycornstalk, Jackson44, jane the dood, Jax49, joerose, Jolynna, katiedid2, KatrinaLee73, kimpage, LaLaw2000, LinasK, Linz, Lissa, Lorelilly, Madilu, MaryAnn, Matty29, Midnight Meddler, Miss Patti, Myvice, nanaleenie, New1, Nonnie, oceanblueeyes, OEJ, pamelahl1, Pane2knowyou, PMLsmom, PPKik, renatae, rob, rose222, Schnorkies, Sedona722, SevenSeas, ShadowGal, smart blonde, SMK, Spool, sueC, SunnyinMO, swanna, sweetmop, Sydni, TexasMother, TheLastDodo, Third Coast Gal, Tiki, tlcya, travelgal, trigger, Turnadot, Turtles, UdbCrzy2, You'reKidding,Right?
Old 04-14-2013, 04:51 PM
I will never forget..littlest Little

No, I don't think he knew. She did so much to plan the perfect slaughter, she wouldn't risk Travis telling someone she was stopping by.

Please bring Haleigh home!

Old 04-14-2013, 04:56 PM
WS Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by IHAVENOCLUE View Post
What is your vote, Nurse?

no!!!! (I mean he didn't know)
Old 04-14-2013, 05:06 PM

I think she asked to see him- maybe even said she was going to Utah to see another guy to make him jealous, which didn't work- which angered her even more as each mile stretched- and he kept saying no. Why would he have her over when they'd fairly recently gotten into a nasty fight where he told her she was the worst thing that ever happened to him, had a conference call around the time she'd be there, and was preparing to go on a trip with another girl? Not to mention all of her sneaking around. She didn't tell Ryan Burns she went to Mesa. Nor did she tell her parents. Travis had no clue. She begged and he said no. Everything was staged , the sex and the sex shoot. She showed up at 3 or 4 and gave him a sob story about no money for a hotel or gas and being stranded- hence the stranded part of the interrogation tapes. That was Travis's fatal mistake. He was too nice to make her leave and she was able to carry out her plan. It was essentially Jodi's law of evil attraction. At least that's what I've pieced together.
Old 04-14-2013, 05:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleuth5 View Post
No, no, no. After the last 41 minute phone call on the 2nd of June, TA never called her again -- all calls after that are to him from JA (most under three minutes). I think she was going to voicemail -- he was not answering her calls.
If this is correct, this would have fueled the rage simmering within her.
Old 04-14-2013, 05:15 PM

No. Had he known he might have told someone and it was imperative that NO ONE KNEW she was in Mesa.

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2
Old 04-14-2013, 05:17 PM

I voted no. As others have said, she could not risk Travis maybe mentioning her intention to come.

I think the phone calls were Spidey attempts to make sure he was at home and intended to be there at the time she anticipated arriving.

She wanted to make sure if he was there or not, what his plans were, so that she could plan her entrance and the ensuing murder accordingly.

ETA I picture her talking to him on the phone over some manufactured BS or another while pretending to him she was a thousand miles away on the road, headed to her alibi plans all the while gaining intell on her intended victim and his plans for the day.
Old 04-14-2013, 05:25 PM

I thought she said that on the last call they talked mostly about Gordon Hinckley. Travis didn't want Jodi there.
The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Wolfpack Fan For This Useful Post:
Old 04-14-2013, 05:46 PM
WS Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlcya View Post
I voted no. As others have said, she could not risk Travis maybe mentioning her intention to come.

I think the phone calls were Spidey attempts to make sure he was at home and intended to be there at the time she anticipated arriving.

She wanted to make sure if he was there or not, what his plans were, so that she could plan her entrance and the ensuing murder accordingly.

ETA I picture her talking to him on the phone over some manufactured BS or another while pretending to him she was a thousand miles away on the road, headed to her alibi plans all the while gaining intell on her intended victim and his plans for the day.
bbm: exactly~! I hold this opinion as well. (esp in light of the way she used Ryan B, etc to try to make Travis jealous..)
Old 04-14-2013, 06:05 PM

No, he did not know.

There would be no reason for there to be no phone activity in Arizona if he knew she was coming to Mesa.

There would be no reason for her not to stop for gas in Az if he knew she was coming.

If he had known there would have been phone conversations back and forth between the two as she traveled there.

In fact I am now convinced we will really never know a lot of things that happened. Even the day he was murdered.

I no longer believe she arrived when she said she did. I think she checked his history file or backspaced and knew he had been watching youtube videos at 4am.
I no longer even believe they had sex that day.
For all I know he may not have even known she was there until she snapped the photo of him laying on his made up bed. He did not look happy imo.
For all I know he could have told her right then to get the hell out and she returned later on........hid somewhere in the house and waited for him to take a shower. It wasn't beneath her to creep around peering in windows and hiding in closets. She knew his habits and she knew that house like the palm of her hand.

She knew most likely he would be upstairs in his master suite.

As this trial has progress I don't believe one thing she said happened except that she killed Travis.

IMO
Old 04-14-2013, 06:09 PM

I voted no. I have always believed she snuck in the house and surprised him.
Old 04-14-2013, 06:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleuth5 View Post
I bet he blasted her again during that last call. It may have been even worse than the anger he had when he texted her. I wish we knew what happened. It had to be awful for him to be this upset where he told her he was going to expose her for the evil person she is to her family and friends. Remember JA was husband shopping too...so she wouldn't want to be exposed for what she is. They had the same circle of friends. She wanted a Mormon husband.

Something caused Travis to be very very upset with JA. I bet he told her 'I mean it this time......don't you ever call my number again and if you do I'm not going to answer.'