SC SC - Amber Berbiglia, 23, North Myrtle Beach, 3 May 2013

fhc

Reaction score
This is so sad. She actually went to my school. I am older so I did not know her. But I will keep an eye out in our local papers. I haven't seen much except for posts on my friend's Facebook pages. I did see a dedication video on You Tube. Beautifully done.

Death may be due to blunt force trauma to the head. The incident happened just before 4:30 on Friday 5/3/13.
LE wants inf: as to someone walking or standing on the Robert Edge Bridge at the top where the bridge meets the ground on the west side of the waterway, call (843) 248-1520 and ask to speak to the Violent Crimes Detective.

http://www.wbtw.com/story/22157119/woman-shot-and-killed-in-the-longs-area

It was daytime, hopefully someone saw something on that busy road.

By looking at her Facebook, it appears that she was an adventurous young woman. It is really sad that a person can't safely be that today.

Is this listed as a homicide or an accident? blunt force trauma could be from anything. Any mention of the possibility of falling off the bridge or was she placed there? Is it a bridge over a highway?

http://www.wbtw.com/story/22175346/funeral-set-for-north-myrtle-beach-womans-mysterious-death

The woman who was found dead in Horry County on Friday afternoon had just finished her college exams 2 days earlier and was planning on getting married this month, friends say.

Amber met her fiancee while studying abroad in London.

"She was a very uplifting person, very positive, you know, always knew how to make you smile or laugh. Just the kindest person, would do anything for you," said Derobbio.

Police released a report late Monday that said her death was murder.

*Beautiful slideshow of Amber before her life was taken from her and cut abruptly short.

http://www.carolinalive.com/news/story.aspx?id=896530#.UY7YOrXrxYw

Woman found under Horry County overpass remembered for 'vibrant personality'

Deputy Coroner Tony Hendrick said she died from blunt force trauma. Police have not released any suspect information.

The family is in desperate need of answers.

"Whoever did this they need to come forward. If there's anybody out there that has any idea of who did this please call the police," added Open.

"We need help to find out who did this to her. It's so senseless, it's so violent," added Henclewski.

If you have any information about the case you're asked to call Horry County dispatch at (843) 248-1520 and ask to speak to a violent crimes detective.

I wonder who would do this and why? Hopefully whoever did will be caught soon!

http://goo.gl/maps/yzIOz

I know she was found around 4:30 pm.

Do we know how long they think the body was there? Was she killed there?

Did she live nearby? When was the last time she was seen?

There's not much information to go by....

What a beautiful young woman, so much to look forward to in life. Her fiance must be devastated to lose her.
God Bless her family and comfort them.

The lack of movement in this case in the last several days is disturbing, I guess the latest info that came out a few days ago is that she was seen at the Time Warner Cable store on Main St. in North Myrtle Beach around 1:30 pm. just a few hours before she was found and only 1.6 miles from where she was found. As far as what she was doing there, who she was there with, those questions remain unanswered at this point according to LE. They also announced a $1,000 reward for info that leads to an arrest.

Bumping for Amber B. four weeks in.

The latest article posted today has no new information whatsoever. LE seems to be stymied in their attempts to come up with a suspect. I'm reluctantly trying to envision what the wound to her face that was mistaken for a gunshot wound would look like. one entry wound or multiple, either way it sounds personal. Done in broad daylight in front of anyone that might have been passing by suggest it wasn't very well planned. hope they figure it out soon, the extinguishing of this little ray of sunshine cannot go unpunished.

http://www.wbtw.com/story/22468919/nearly-a-month-later-suspect-in-horry-college-student-murder-still-not-identified

According to those at the funeral, half of her face had to be reconstructed for the funeral. I guess those on the scene assumed a high caliber pistol or even a shotgun had been used. My biggest question has been that due to the somewhat remote location and the fact there had to be a fair amount of blood due to it being head wound, how did the person leave the scene?

According to those at the funeral, half of her face had to be reconstructed for the funeral. I guess those on the scene assumed a high caliber pistol or even a shotgun had been used. My biggest question has been that due to the somewhat remote location and the fact there had to be a fair amount of blood due to it being head wound, how did the person leave the scene?

:Welcome1: PCDude, such a sad case, are you local?

This should be considered rumor, but I found her sister's Facebook awhile back and she stated something to the effect of "they" (they meaning police I'm assuming) think Amber's ex-boyfriend got her into a car and attacked her.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Drury Lane
Back