Originally Posted by JBR_Justice
If they did, why haven't I heard it on the news? They probably reveal their theory on the case?
The "evidence" they will claim against Michael Helgoth is :-
1. An ex-girlfriend said that HE said he couldn't trust himself with her daughter.
2. A video tape was found in his possessions of a family Christmas film (link to Ramsey murder) and in the middle of this film was a news bulletin about the murder of ALlie Berrelez (evidence that he was involved in the Berrelez murder and was therefore a child killer)
3. He wore black clothes.
4. He killed little kittens with his bare hands.
5. He owned a pair of Hi-Tec boots.
6. He had two wolf-dog puppies which had multi-coloured furs. Animal hairs found at the scene of Jonbenet's murder looked like they were the same colour.
7. He allegedly wondered aloud what it would be like to kill someone.
8. He allegedly liked to point his gun at people and then fire just a little off from them.
9. He allegedly spoke of a job which was going to net him $50,000.
10. The gun injury which killed him and which was officially recorded as suicide, was on the left hand side of his torso. Helgoth was right-handed.
11. He knew Mr X who was a nasty person and who had a previous conviction of violence.
12. He had a stun gun.
13. Something else that I've forgotten.
The evidence against Michael Helgoth was provided by one John Kenady, a convicted child molester with a rap sheet as long as your arm. The DNA does not match Michael Helgoth but hey, Tom Bennett says the DNA may not be the killers, so maybe Helgoth is still in the running..... Problem is - so are the Ramseys and everyone else close to the Ramseys who have been eliminated on DNA.
One problem with Tracey's latest theory is that he claimed Mr X killed JonBenet, then Helgoth to shut him up ... and then disappeared. Except that Hegoth hadn't disappeared. He had moved to another state and started up a business with its own website. Key his name into Google and you get his webpage - complete with contact phone numbers.
Tracey made his documentary and it was broadcast in the UK last summer. Some Websleuths worked out the identity of Mr X from screenshots of an arrest record of his which they showed on the documentary and Tricia bravely posted his name. Within hours, someone had contacted Mr X and boy was he mad to have been Michael; Tracey's "Prime Suspect" for the murders of JonBenet Ramsey, Michael Helgoth, possible involvement in the murder of Allie Berrelez, a sexual asault on a 12 year old girl and the Boulder midnight burglaries. He contacted the Boulder DA's office and wanted to take a DNA test straight away. Tricia also contacted the DA's office who confirmed that Mr X was not and never had been a suspect in the Jonbenet ramsey murder.
This left Michael Tracey with a wee problem. He had built his whole hour long documentary around this theory which was just candy floss and now he couldn't show it in the US because it was widely known to be junk - and so, the documentary hasn't shown in the US. Yet. The public were never meant to know the identity of Mr X so that they could never discover that the case against him was garbage. For starters, he hadn't "disappeared" and the PIs in Tracey's doc knew that. That was an outright lie - but it made a good story.
Tracey & co can still use Helgoth as a suspect. He can't sue them because he's dead. If they want to use the "DNA is not Ramsey" as exculpatory evidence, then they have to maintain that line in excluding Helgoth as the actual murderer and have him only as an accomplice. But who was the real perp then? If Tracey can't come up with something better than Mr X, he's only got a few minutes of documentary left - maybe it could run as a commercial? :-)