Websleuths
Go Back   Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community > Missing!! > Missing Forum Discussion

Notices

Missing Forum Discussion This is the place for case discussion and opinion regarding those who are missing.

Old 12-24-2013, 12:42 AM

NY - Kimberly Militello, 59, Gowanda, 22 Dec 2013

Kimberly Militello

A Silver Alert is in effect for 59 year old Kimberly Militello. Militello was last seen on Sunday night December 22nd, 2013 in the city of Gowanda, New York. Her family, friends, and law enforcement are concerned for her well being. She suffered a traumatic brain injury which causes her to become depressed.

Please call the Cattaraugus county sheriff's office in Gowanda at (716) 938-9191.

http://www.observertoday.com/page/co....html?nav=5047
http://www.wivb.com/news/local/autho...-gowanda-woman

http://www.tabithatuders.net

http://americasunknownchild.net/

So where is Ashley Nicole Summers?
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to los2188 For This Useful Post:
Old 12-24-2013, 05:44 PM

Search for Gowanda woman suspended

Search for Gowanda woman suspended...

Quote:
GOWANDA, N.Y. (WIVB) - Authorities in Cattaraugus County have suspended the search for a missing 59-year-old woman.
http://www.wivb.com/news/local/autho...-gowanda-woman

http://www.tabithatuders.net

http://americasunknownchild.net/

So where is Ashley Nicole Summers?
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to los2188 For This Useful Post:
Old 12-24-2013, 11:34 PM

Angry

From the link above
"The search will resume on Christmas Eve at 9 a.m."

I understand that it's bitterly cold and damp outside, more reason to search
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ms_x_to_the_m For This Useful Post:
Old 12-26-2013, 02:00 PM

Within the last hour residents in the county received an Emergency message asking folks to check their garages and out-buildings for KM. I live here in Gowanda, NY, and I cannot find any updates regarding the search, or anything for that matter. And, I'm saddened to say that I haven't seen my neighbors checking their outbuildings. I can see into six backyards from our large dining room windows, and not many folks have fences around their yards in this village. Also, it has been very cold and wet for days now. On the 22nd we thought for sure our creeks were going to cause major flooding.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sin City For This Useful Post:
Old 12-26-2013, 02:03 PM

If KM does not have a source of heat in this weather the outcome appears very slim that she's still with us.
Old 12-26-2013, 02:19 PM

As we say here.....her home is 'on the hill'. I can walk out my front door and look up the hill to the street her home is on. The area behind her home is a large wilderness area, and it sits above the valley (village). The roads up on the hill do not get plowed as often as the roads in the village. There have been many times that the snow has been coming down fast and heavy causing white-out conditions for drivers. We're new to the area, so we don't know many people in the village to hear of any updates.
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Sin City For This Useful Post:
Old 12-26-2013, 05:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sin City View Post
Within the last hour residents in the county received an Emergency message asking folks to check their garages and out-buildings for KM. I live here in Gowanda, NY, and I cannot find any updates regarding the search, or anything for that matter. And, I'm saddened to say that I haven't seen my neighbors checking their outbuildings. I can see into six backyards from our large dining room windows, and not many folks have fences around their yards in this village. Also, it has been very cold and wet for days now. On the 22nd we thought for sure our creeks were going to cause major flooding.
All I can see, is that the search was suspended days ago and they're waiting for the weather to "clear".
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to laytonian For This Useful Post:
Old 12-26-2013, 06:01 PM

It's been terrible weather -- guess LE figures they're searching for a body, so there's no rush.
The Following User Says Thank You to maggieo For This Useful Post:
Old 12-26-2013, 10:36 PM

How very sad! Can't believe how many people have gone missing during/near the holidays. My heart and prayers goes out to all of them!
Old 12-30-2013, 10:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by laytonian View Post
All I can see, is that the search was suspended days ago and they're waiting for the weather to "clear".
Eight (8) days later, and I still cannot get an update regarding our missing resident!!!! I'm going to call the sheriff's office tomorrow, and inquire about her.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Sin City For This Useful Post:
Old 12-30-2013, 10:57 PM
Golden Nugget Status

Thank you for being proactive, Sin City!

Old 01-01-2014, 04:33 AM

Yes, thank you. Keep us updated. I am somewhat familiar with that area where I live and I want to know what happened, ETC.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Zahreenuh For This Useful Post:
Old 01-12-2014, 07:47 PM
Golden Nugget Status

Any luck getting info back, Sin city?

Old 01-12-2014, 09:38 PM

Wondering as well. Like I said, I live near that area so the weather has not been as bad and the snow has melted for now. But it is getting colder again. Have they given up search for her?
I have heard from some residents that she left a note.. I need to confirm if this is true. But I am not sure how? Sin City, you seem to see the one who could confirm that easier than I.

Also I read from here

http://www.thesunnews.net/news/257-G...nda_woman.html

Quote:
A canine search tracked Militello having travelled along a creek bed, but dogs lost the scent at a boggy area.
Does anyone know where this creek was? I have heard from multiple residents that this is true. I know of a creek that firefighters / search team were in. Not sure if it was that one though.

Old 01-12-2014, 11:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zahreenuh View Post
Wondering as well. Like I said, I live near that area so the weather has not been as bad and the snow has melted for now. But it is getting colder again. Have they given up search for her?
I have heard from some residents that she left a note.. I need to confirm if this is true. But I am not sure how? Sin City, you seem to see the one who could confirm that easier than I.

Also I read from here

http://www.thesunnews.net/news/257-G...nda_woman.html

Does anyone know where this creek was? I have heard from multiple residents that this is true. I know of a creek that firefighters / search team were in. Not sure if it was that one though.

From what I understand, the dogs tracked Kimberly Militello's scent to a boggy/swamp area, and this is when the search stopped. It has been said that there was a note left in the home. It has snowed heavy, creeks have came close to flooding, waters flowing dangerously fast, rained, melted, snowed again, rained again, and melted.

KM barely weighed as much as a teen, and the elements would have taken her quickly. There has been no mention of her being last seen with outdoor clothing on. No mention of foul play involved. No mention of when the next search will be done.

I've been told by a man, who knows the property next to the bog, and he believes that KM got stuck in the bog. When searches are able to resume the trackers will be able to locate her based on the coyote, fox, and racoon tracks in and out of the bog.....sorry for that visualization.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Sin City For This Useful Post:
Old 01-12-2014, 11:09 PM

From the way I understand, when the property/bog area was described to me, there is a creek in the bog area also with water that would have been flowing heavy at the time of her missing. One day before she went missing the creek near our home was 4 ft from the crest, and flowing fast. If KM made it to the creek at the bog who knows where the water flow could have taken her?
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Sin City For This Useful Post:
Old 01-13-2014, 02:46 AM

Thank you so much, Sin City. I've been dying of curiosity since I saw the helicopter flying over my house repeatedly the first day she went missing.

Were you told what the note said? I was told it said "You will never find me" which makes me assume she ran away from depression that was stated as her illness. Or she legitimately was just running away.

I have accepted she most likely died from this intense weather we've had along with the frigid cold AND the creeks being overflowing with water. I just hope they find her body at least somewhere. Even if it is a little piece of it, saddening as it is to think of that.

Was this property/bog area near her house? I am not familiar with the creeks / bogs down there. Only a few areas I've hiked.

Sorry for all the questions but you're the most reliable person I've got on this! Thanks again
Old 01-13-2014, 10:33 PM

Quote:
Thank you so much, Sin City. I've been dying of curiosity since I saw the helicopter flying over my house repeatedly the first day she went missing.

Were you told what the note said? I was told it said "You will never find me" which makes me assume she ran away from depression that was stated as her illness. Or she legitimately was just running away.

I have accepted she most likely died from this intense weather we've had along with the frigid cold AND the creeks being overflowing with water. I just hope they find her body at least somewhere. Even if it is a little piece of it, saddening as it is to think of that.

Was this property/bog area near her house? I am not familiar with the creeks / bogs down there. Only a few areas I've hiked.

Sorry for all the questions but you're the most reliable person I've got on this! Thanks again
I don't know the area well at all. We've only lived here for a couple months. I haven't tried to locate the key areas on Google Earth, as I wouldn't know what I was looking at in this area. lol

A neighbor's step father owns property that is up against this bog area, and he knows it quite well. He didn't go on the original search, due to the weather.

You've probably heard where her husband worked, and he had a lot of support from fellow employees during the search. I have been told by one of the searchers that there was a note. He didn't share anything more, and I didn't ask.

I've been on a search before, and we had been asked to keep any details to ourselves, if anything was found. This is why I didn't ask, the one searcher that I know, any details.

Now that the weather has warmed up, and it's stopped raining and snowing searchers should try to locate her. JMO
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Sin City For This Useful Post:
Old 01-14-2014, 05:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sin City View Post
I don't know the area well at all. We've only lived here for a couple months. I haven't tried to locate the key areas on Google Earth, as I wouldn't know what I was looking at in this area. lol

A neighbor's step father owns property that is up against this bog area, and he knows it quite well. He didn't go on the original search, due to the weather.

You've probably heard where her husband worked, and he had a lot of support from fellow employees during the search. I have been told by one of the searchers that there was a note. He didn't share anything more, and I didn't ask.

I've been on a search before, and we had been asked to keep any details to ourselves, if anything was found. This is why I didn't ask, the one searcher that I know, any details.

Now that the weather has warmed up, and it's stopped raining and snowing searchers should try to locate her. JMO
Oh yeah, I remember you said that. Hah. Also, welcome to this area I was just down there today, actually. The creeks are running in full force today. Made me ponder where her body could be if I decided to search near the creeks... and if it would still be in the area her scent was noticed or if she is somewhere far away from the tides of the creek.

Great minds think alike.. I was wondering if they are going to search as well. The weather is perfect for it and it is suppose to get cold again next week so it would be best to do it right now.

Didn't know that about the search thing. I have always wanted to join in one.

Thanks so much for the responses and giving an idea of what is going on. I'll probably post again in this thread next week or so to ask if anything is updated.
Old 01-14-2014, 06:31 PM

Quote:
Oh yeah, I remember you said that. Hah. Also, welcome to this area I was just down there today, actually. The creeks are running in full force today. Made me ponder where her body could be if I decided to search near the creeks... and if it would still be in the area her scent was noticed or if she is somewhere far away from the tides of the creek.

Great minds think alike.. I was wondering if they are going to search as well. The weather is perfect for it and it is suppose to get cold again next week so it would be best to do it right now.

Didn't know that about the search thing. I have always wanted to join in one.

Thanks so much for the responses and giving an idea of what is going on. I'll probably post again in this thread next week or so to ask if anything is updated.

There are some conditions that cause scent to deteriorate quickly. I'd have to do the research, but I do know that windy and dry conditions contribute to deterioration. If scent stopped at the bog than we know that moisture causes it too.

If another search is going to be done it would be nice to have a press release, as I'd join the search also.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sin City For This Useful Post:
Old 01-14-2014, 07:28 PM

Ah! I had forgotten about that. That just makes the search a little more difficult then... Would have to go on foot more-so than have dogs or the like around.

I agree. I would join this as well because helping is great and you might be able to find something or even the body, giving closure.