Websleuths
Go Back   Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community > Featured Case Discussion > JonBenet Ramsey

Notices

JonBenet Ramsey What really happened to 6 year old JonBenet? Someone is getting away with murder. All information posted on this site is gained through published documentation on this case. It is strictly opinion only.


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 05-21-2005, 04:03 PM
Nehemiah Nehemiah is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Southern US
Posts: 1,500
Was there any TV or radio on?

Perfect Murder, Perfect TownPage 55-56

Several hours before the Ramseys left for Atlanta that Sunday, Detective Linda Arndt sent a fax to Bryan Morgan, the Ramsey's newly hired criminal attorney. It was two pages long:

"I realize the Ramsey family will be out of the state for an unknown amount of time after this afternoon. If it is possible, would you meet with John Ramsey, Patsy Ramsey, and Burke Ramsey and see if (the police) could get answers to any of these questions. I appreciate your assistance. I am available through dispatch at the above pager number.

Det. Linda Arndt

Question: Jonbenét's immediate family
John, Patsy, and Burke Ramsey

What time did each of you go to your bedroom?
What time did each of you go to sleep?
Was your bedroom door open or closed?
Was there any TV or radio on when you went to bed?
What had JonBenét eaten before she went to bed?
Where, specifically, was the ransom note found?
What did Patsy do after she found the ransom note?
Who was the first person Patsy contacted after the note was found?
How did John find out that JonBenét was missing?
What interior house lights were on when the family went to bed?
What exterior lights were on when the family went to bed?
Who checked the doors and windows of the house to see if they were secure?
What was JonBenét wearing when she went to bed on Christmas night?
What time was the family planning on leaving the home on the morning of December 26th, 1996?
What time did each of you wake up on the morning of December 26th, 1996?
Did any of you get up during the night?"

The Ramseys were later questioned about JB's TV...if she watched it at night when she went to bed, etc... I don't have the specific quote before me, but I know this was asked more than once to more than one.

Do we know the status of the TV, radio, etc..on Christmas night? Was either found to be playing when the BPD arrived on the scene, or just why was this questioned? It's easy now that we know much of the evidence to look at many of the questions that Arndt faxed and realize why she was asking them of the Ramseys. But why the one about the radio/TV?
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 05-21-2005, 05:25 PM
bensmom98 bensmom98 is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Northern Vermont
Posts: 1,447
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nehemiah
Perfect Murder, Perfect TownPage 55-56

Several hours before the Ramseys left for Atlanta that Sunday, Detective Linda Arndt sent a fax to Bryan Morgan, the Ramsey's newly hired criminal attorney. It was two pages long:

"I realize the Ramsey family will be out of the state for an unknown amount of time after this afternoon. If it is possible, would you meet with John Ramsey, Patsy Ramsey, and Burke Ramsey and see if (the police) could get answers to any of these questions. I appreciate your assistance. I am available through dispatch at the above pager number.

Det. Linda Arndt

Question: Jonbenét's immediate family
John, Patsy, and Burke Ramsey

What time did each of you go to your bedroom?
What time did each of you go to sleep?
Was your bedroom door open or closed?
Was there any TV or radio on when you went to bed?
What had JonBenét eaten before she went to bed?
Where, specifically, was the ransom note found?
What did Patsy do after she found the ransom note?
Who was the first person Patsy contacted after the note was found?
How did John find out that JonBenét was missing?
What interior house lights were on when the family went to bed?
What exterior lights were on when the family went to bed?
Who checked the doors and windows of the house to see if they were secure?
What was JonBenét wearing when she went to bed on Christmas night?
What time was the family planning on leaving the home on the morning of December 26th, 1996?
What time did each of you wake up on the morning of December 26th, 1996?
Did any of you get up during the night?"

The Ramseys were later questioned about JB's TV...if she watched it at night when she went to bed, etc... I don't have the specific quote before me, but I know this was asked more than once to more than one.

Do we know the status of the TV, radio, etc..on Christmas night? Was either found to be playing when the BPD arrived on the scene, or just why was this questioned? It's easy now that we know much of the evidence to look at many of the questions that Arndt faxed and realize why she was asking them of the Ramseys. But why the one about the radio/TV?

Good catch! I wonder why she would have them ask that!
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 05-21-2005, 06:58 PM
BlueCrab BlueCrab is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 3,053
In one of the crimescene photos taken early that morning there was a shot of JonBenet's open closet. A TV was in the closet. It was hard to be certain, but it appeared that the TV was on.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 05-21-2005, 07:12 PM
VespaElf's Avatar
VespaElf VespaElf is offline
Little Miss Showcase(runner-up)
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Florida
Posts: 2,393
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueCrab
In one of the crimescene photos taken early that morning there was a shot of JonBenet's open closet. A TV was in the closet. It was hard to be certain, but it appeared that the TV was on.
BC,
That REALLY creeps me out!!!!!!
I seriously got a case of the shivers.

Whats your opinion of the TV ,in the closet,being on??
__________________
The saints are the sinners who keep trying...
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 05-21-2005, 10:50 PM
BlueCrab BlueCrab is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 3,053
Quote:
Originally Posted by messiecake
BC,
That REALLY creeps me out!!!!!!
I seriously got a case of the shivers.

Whats your opinion of the TV ,in the closet,being on??

messiecake,

Why does it creep you out? As I remember the photo, the TV was sitting on a small chest of drawers in the closet, and it was probably the TV's permanent location because it could likely be viewed while in bed. However, it's been several years since I saw that photo.

If the TV was turned on it seems as though JonBenet was probably up watching it before going downstairs to snack on the pineapple.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 05-22-2005, 01:26 AM
why_nutt why_nutt is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 484
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueCrab
messiecake,

Why does it creep you out? As I remember the photo, the TV was sitting on a small chest of drawers in the closet, and it was probably the TV's permanent location because it could likely be viewed while in bed. However, it's been several years since I saw that photo.

If the TV was turned on it seems as though JonBenet was probably up watching it before going downstairs to snack on the pineapple.
I think the TV simply has reflections from various lights of the lamp and the photographer's flash.

__________________
"That is my theory, it is mine, and belongs to me and I own it, and what it is too." -- Anne Elk
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 05-22-2005, 08:46 AM
capps capps is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 3,056
Quote:
Originally Posted by why_nutt
I think the TV simply has reflections from various lights of the lamp and the photographer's flash.

Thanks why_nutt for the picture.

I don't remember ever seeing a picture of the tv before and was looking all over it ... and viola there it is! What source is this picture from?

You are right ... the tv is off.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 05-22-2005, 12:33 PM
VespaElf's Avatar
VespaElf VespaElf is offline
Little Miss Showcase(runner-up)
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Florida
Posts: 2,393
It was creepy because I imagined the tv on the floor of the closet!!!!

Like she was in the closet with the doors shut and the TV on........THAT image bugged me.

The TV on a shelf is fine.
__________________
The saints are the sinners who keep trying...
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 05-22-2005, 03:50 PM
Nehemiah Nehemiah is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Southern US
Posts: 1,500
The photo is a crime scene pic in the NE book "The Police Files". The TV does not appear to be on, and that's why I wonder why the BPD questioned about the TV. Arndt faxed her questions that Sunday, and four months later when the BPD were finally able to question the Rs, they were questioned again about the TV. Interestingly, in the crime scene photo, the captions reads about JB's pageant dresses; however, with the Rs being questioned about the television, I think the captured photo should have read about the TV.

The Rs were also questioned many times about the lighting in various rooms of the house. I tend to believe that they were asked about the TV being on, because of some type lighting that may have been seen by a neighbor, or because a neighbor may have reported seeing the light from the TV in JB's room later than when the Rs claim she went to bed (and sound asleep, I might add).

There's just something to all that questioning about the TV. It's not in those interviews repeatedly for no reason at all.

I also think her bedroom has some key evidence and elements that we are overlooking in trying to solve the case.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 05-22-2005, 04:15 PM
Jayelles's Avatar
Jayelles Jayelles is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: UK
Posts: 2,389
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nehemiah

I also think her bedroom has some key evidence and elements that we are overlooking in trying to solve the case.
Or that we don't know about!
__________________
This is only my opinion

Let the focus be on Madeleine




Together we can make a difference





Alert Viewer in Scotland

Member of Websleuths since April 2000
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 05-22-2005, 04:21 PM
Cypros Cypros is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 3,660
Maybe when the LE processed the crime scene, they noted the channel the TV was set at -- thus the last station JB watched. From that they could try to id the last show/time JB watched. The question to the family would help them to narrow it down. Of course, with the size and layout of the house, JB could watch TV in her room without her parents ever knowing it.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 05-22-2005, 05:07 PM
UKGuy UKGuy is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 6,391
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nehemiah
There's just something to all that questioning about the TV. It's not in those interviews repeatedly for no reason at all.

I also think her bedroom has some key evidence and elements that we are overlooking in trying to solve the case.
I would go along with that, its possible if the tv was on it was used to suppress noise or maybe there may have been a program on that included a "scream" so some questions may be there for exclusion purposes.

I believe there are hair ties astrew in the bedroom, and she was found downstairs in the wine-cellar with hair-ties and ponytails in an unusual orientation, so unless someone was running upstairs and back down, I think some staging or redressing took place in her bedroom.

The person(s) who took part in Jonbenet's staging were not complete strangers this can be inferred from elements from their staged victimology: Jewelry, Nightgown, Hairstyle etc.


Last edited by UKGuy; 05-22-2005 at 05:13 PM. Reason: bad grammar
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 05-22-2005, 06:23 PM
Nehemiah Nehemiah is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Southern US
Posts: 1,500
Quote:
Originally Posted by UKGuy
I believe there are hair ties astrew in the bedroom, and she was found downstairs in the wine-cellar with hair-ties and ponytails in an unusual orientation, so unless someone was running upstairs and back down, I think some staging or redressing took place in her bedroom.
I think the hair ties are very important evidence, along with the three ponytails. That in itself may be why the Christmas night pictures have never been released for public viewing. Plus, JB had blue hair bands in her hair when she was found, and we have read from the police interviews that she was not wearing blue at the White's party. No good Southern mom would use blue hair ties when her child was wearing another color outfit. My goodness!

Jayelles, I think you're right; there is evidence that has not been made public and I really believe that bedroom evidence is some of it.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 05-22-2005, 11:46 PM
Rainsong Rainsong is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 225
Why would they ask if the parent's bedroom door was open? Their bedroom had no door.

Rainsong
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


© Copyright Websleuths 1999-2012 New To Site? Need Help?
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:54 PM.

Advertisements

Pre-Order Imperfect Justice: Prosecuting Casey Anthony today!