Websleuths
Go Back   Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community > Crimes and Trials > Trials > Janet Christiansen Abaroa, Durham, NC

Notices

Janet Christiansen Abaroa, Durham, NC On April 26th Janet Abaroa, a new mother, was brutally stabbed in her Durham, NC home while her baby lay safely in his crib. Police have been extremely tight-lipped about this case, releasing very little information to the public.


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 05-22-2005, 02:24 PM
OriginalJerseyGirl's Avatar
OriginalJerseyGirl OriginalJerseyGirl is offline
CERTIFIED FLYERS FANATIC!
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: About 10 miles outside of Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 7,219
The Murder of Janet Abaroa #2

Continuing from "The Murder of Janet Abaroa", started by misterallgood.

Here's a link to the first thread, hopefully for ease of going back to find information. (I realized too late that I should have posted a link to this thread on the first one.)

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - The Murder of Janet Abaroa
__________________

"Be the change you wish to see in the world."
Mahatma Gandhi
  #2  
Old 05-22-2005, 02:37 PM
OriginalJerseyGirl's Avatar
OriginalJerseyGirl OriginalJerseyGirl is offline
CERTIFIED FLYERS FANATIC!
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: About 10 miles outside of Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 7,219
Misterallgood, I'm sure that you'll think of this but you'll probably want to add this link to your blog either in place of or in addition to the one you have there now.
__________________

"Be the change you wish to see in the world."
Mahatma Gandhi
  #3  
Old 05-22-2005, 02:53 PM
OriginalJerseyGirl's Avatar
OriginalJerseyGirl OriginalJerseyGirl is offline
CERTIFIED FLYERS FANATIC!
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: About 10 miles outside of Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 7,219
I don't know if anyone's posted these links yet. They're to Sparta United Soccer.

index
Sparta United Home
MCYSA Clubs - Sparta Soccer Club

Here are SVU's Women's & Men's Soccer pages.

Southern Virginia University Women's Soccer
Southern Virginia University Men's Soccer
__________________

"Be the change you wish to see in the world."
Mahatma Gandhi
  #4  
Old 05-22-2005, 04:40 PM
misterallgood misterallgood is offline
Former Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 649
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGirl
Misterallgood, I'm sure that you'll think of this but you'll probably want to add this link to your blog either in place of or in addition to the one you have there now.
I'm going to do it right now! Thanks to you and chicoliving for starting the second thread!

Mr. A
  #5  
Old 05-22-2005, 04:56 PM
misterallgood misterallgood is offline
Former Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 649
Here are direct links to my blog entries about this case in the order they were written, up til today;The link to my weblog that is found below in my signature takes you to the main index page, which will have lists of links & credits on the right side and the most recent 5 entries on the left. The links above will take you directly to the archived version of the blog entry. Just a note for folks who haven't surfed blogs much and don't know how they tend to be laid out.

Mr. A
  #6  
Old 05-22-2005, 06:18 PM
golfmom golfmom is offline
Former Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 7,394
Raven logged into myspace today.
  #7  
Old 05-22-2005, 06:29 PM
golfmom golfmom is offline
Former Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 7,394
12/10/2004, 07:41 AM
NC_VX
Super VXer 99, Ironman VX, 1455
Chapel Hill, NC US
Member Since: Jun 2003
Posts: 201


Negative Attitude Right Now

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ya know, I posted on here that I would never ever get rid of my VX.... NOw it seems I am so close to throwing in the towel. Between my job, a baby, two dogs and a need for more and more space, I'm just not sure the VX fits the bill.

I want to go out and just buy a third vehicle (or make my VX my third Vehicle), but I'm having a tough time coming up with funds to pay for it, so it seems like parting with the VX is the right way to go..... HOWEVER, even my wife is on my side now by saying I can't sell something that I've spent so much time and money on.

Ultimitly, I need to come up with some funds to keep me from selling the VX... I feel so guilty even considering selling it...

I'm ashamed!

__________________
-The Rave-
North Carolina
  #8  
Old 05-22-2005, 06:57 PM
Moxie Moxie is offline
She Was...An American Girl...
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 447
Quote:
Originally Posted by golfmom
Raven logged into myspace today.
Golfmom,

That is interesting. How can you tell? Can you tell what time he logged on today? Did he say anything or was it just a log on?
  #9  
Old 05-22-2005, 07:09 PM
OriginalJerseyGirl's Avatar
OriginalJerseyGirl OriginalJerseyGirl is offline
CERTIFIED FLYERS FANATIC!
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: About 10 miles outside of Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 7,219
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moxie
Did he say anything or was it just a log on?
There are two new friends added, Arthur & Lisa.
__________________

"Be the change you wish to see in the world."
Mahatma Gandhi
  #10  
Old 05-22-2005, 07:17 PM
golfmom golfmom is offline
Former Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 7,394
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moxie
Golfmom,

That is interesting. How can you tell? Can you tell what time he logged on today? Did he say anything or was it just a log on?
I couldn't spot anything different, but it listed the most recent date logged on.
  #11  
Old 05-22-2005, 07:20 PM
Moxie Moxie is offline
She Was...An American Girl...
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 447
Quote:
Originally Posted by golfmom
I couldn't spot anything different, but it listed the most recent date logged on.
Ok - thanks. This is just my personal opinion, but... I don't think this is a site for people who are happily married. It's a little creepy that a married man would go out there and list his status as single. That says to me he was looking.
  #12  
Old 05-22-2005, 07:21 PM
golfmom golfmom is offline
Former Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 7,394
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moxie
Ok - thanks. This is just my personal opinion, but... I don't think this is a site for people who are happily married. It's a little creepy that a married man would go out there and list his status as single. That says to me he was looking.
I agree with you totally Moxie. This site basically looks like it's designed for "hook-ups".
  #13  
Old 05-22-2005, 07:23 PM
Moxie Moxie is offline
She Was...An American Girl...
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 447
Quote:
Originally Posted by golfmom
I agree with you totally Moxie. This site basically looks like it's designed for "hook-ups".
It's pretty depressing, actually!
  #14  
Old 05-22-2005, 07:26 PM
OriginalJerseyGirl's Avatar
OriginalJerseyGirl OriginalJerseyGirl is offline
CERTIFIED FLYERS FANATIC!
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: About 10 miles outside of Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 7,219
Quote:
Originally Posted by golfmom
I couldn't spot anything different, but it listed the most recent date logged on.
I don't know if you noticed my post. Two new friends, Arthur and Lisa, were added.
__________________

"Be the change you wish to see in the world."
Mahatma Gandhi
  #15  
Old 05-22-2005, 07:27 PM
Moxie Moxie is offline
She Was...An American Girl...
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 447
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGirl
I don't know if you noticed my post. Two new friends, Arthur and Lisa, were added.
Hi JerseyGirl,

I did see that - thank you.
  #16  
Old 05-22-2005, 07:28 PM
OriginalJerseyGirl's Avatar
OriginalJerseyGirl OriginalJerseyGirl is offline
CERTIFIED FLYERS FANATIC!
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: About 10 miles outside of Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 7,219
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moxie
I did see that - thank you.
I was wondering if golfmom did because of one of her posts above. It makes me wonder if he was actively logged on, making changes, when golfmom was there. That helps to possibly give an idea of the time that he logged on.
__________________

"Be the change you wish to see in the world."
Mahatma Gandhi
  #17  
Old 05-22-2005, 07:36 PM
Moxie Moxie is offline
She Was...An American Girl...
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 447
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGirl
I was wondering if golfmom did because of one of her posts above. It makes me wonder if he was actively logged on, making changes, when golfmom was there. That helps to possibly give an idea of the time that he logged on.
ooohhh - that is good! I wonder if golfmom knows the answer?
  #18  
Old 05-22-2005, 07:37 PM
Moxie Moxie is offline
She Was...An American Girl...
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 447
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGirl
I was wondering if golfmom did because of one of her posts above. It makes me wonder if he was actively logged on, making changes, when golfmom was there. That helps to possibly give an idea of the time that he logged on.
I just checked and it says that his last logon was today, but his status is still listed as single. Although now there is no need for him to change that, is there?
  #19  
Old 05-22-2005, 08:17 PM
Jenifred Jenifred is offline
I can feel it coming in the air tonight......
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: America's Dairyland, WI
Posts: 643
Quote:
Originally Posted by golfmom
Ya know, I posted on here that I would never ever get rid of my VX.... NOw it seems I am so close to throwing in the towel. Between my job, a baby, two dogs and a need for more and more space, I'm just not sure the VX fits the bill.


-The Rave-
North Carolina
Am I making too much of a deal out of the fact that he's got dogs? He mentions two dogs here and on the Christmas 2003/Trailer Park page you see pictures of a huge husky (breed?). My thinking is that if there was an intruder the night Janet was murdered, the dogs would have been barking, and barking enough that neighbors (if close enough) would have heard a racket. Are they that far away from neighbors that no one would have noticed that kind of thing? Any one think of this?

GolfMom, where did you find that quote?
  #20  
Old 05-22-2005, 08:40 PM
PrayersForMaura's Avatar
PrayersForMaura PrayersForMaura is offline
Help Find Maura Murray
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Midwest
Posts: 14,239
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGirl
I don't know if you noticed my post. Two new friends, Arthur and Lisa, were added.
Odd, I see no connection between Raven and those new friends. I know Raven uses Franklin Covey and Arthur teaches skill sets and likes Seven Covey. Hmm. And Lisa is in Peoria, IL (not too far from me).... wonder if they have an online "dating" interest.

Very odd.
  #21  
Old 05-22-2005, 08:42 PM
PrayersForMaura's Avatar
PrayersForMaura PrayersForMaura is offline
Help Find Maura Murray
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Midwest
Posts: 14,239
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenifred
Am I making too much of a deal out of the fact that he's got dogs? He mentions two dogs here and on the Christmas 2003/Trailer Park page you see pictures of a huge husky (breed?). My thinking is that if there was an intruder the night Janet was murdered, the dogs would have been barking, and barking enough that neighbors (if close enough) would have heard a racket. Are they that far away from neighbors that no one would have noticed that kind of thing? Any one think of this?

GolfMom, where did you find that quote?
according to his archives, he had 2 or 3 cats and 2 dogs
  #22  
Old 05-22-2005, 08:48 PM
PrayersForMaura's Avatar
PrayersForMaura PrayersForMaura is offline
Help Find Maura Murray
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Midwest
Posts: 14,239
"My mom says, "with a small apartment, it must be like having kids running around the house all the time. They are always there." I am not sure if there is a deeper meaning to that statement. Maybe what she meant to say was, "You kids were always running around the house when I was trying to get work done." Maybe not. Anyway, it is great to have three pets around the house all the time. Their names are Shanuk, Ashes (charcoal cat) and Lucky (short hair black cat). Lucky plays fetch and sleeps at the foot of the bed. Ashes is a very sly cat and sleeps at the head of the bed. Shanuk is just amazing and is a great companion. She sleeps outside or in the living room. "

http://web.archive.org/web/200104220...e.com/pets.htm
  #23  
Old 05-22-2005, 08:48 PM
NCBanker NCBanker is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Raleigh, NC
Posts: 283
I heard today from a reliable source that Raven is not a person of interest in this case. He has been checked and rechecked. Though items of his (clothes, car, etc.) were examined for blood trace evidence, none was found. The Durham PD is stumped. So much for being an open and shut case. So much for waiting for lab results. They have no major leads.
  #24  
Old 05-22-2005, 08:49 PM
PrayersForMaura's Avatar
PrayersForMaura PrayersForMaura is offline
Help Find Maura Murray
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Midwest
Posts: 14,239
here's a picture of one of their dogs

http://web.archive.org/web/200107231...ture/WVA10.JPG
  #25  
Old 05-22-2005, 08:51 PM
PrayersForMaura's Avatar
PrayersForMaura PrayersForMaura is offline
Help Find Maura Murray
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Midwest
Posts: 14,239
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCBanker
I heard today from a reliable source that Raven is not a person of interest in this case. He has been checked and rechecked. Though items of his (clothes, car, etc.) were examined for blood trace evidence, none was found. The Durham PD is stumped. So much for being an open and shut case. So much for waiting for lab results. They have no major leads.
maybe he didn't actually commit the crime, but I would think he's involved one way or another.
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


© Copyright Websleuths 1999-2012 New To Site? Need Help?
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:34 PM.

Advertisements

Pre-Order Imperfect Justice: Prosecuting Casey Anthony today!