Websleuths
Go Back   Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community > Crimes and Trials > Trials > Janet Christiansen Abaroa, Durham, NC

Notices

Janet Christiansen Abaroa, Durham, NC On April 26th Janet Abaroa, a new mother, was brutally stabbed in her Durham, NC home while her baby lay safely in his crib. Police have been extremely tight-lipped about this case, releasing very little information to the public.

Closed Thread

Old 05-26-2005, 06:31 PM

That's an excellent point, Oceanbreeze. Thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oceanbreeze
There really isn't anything suspicious about Raven having a myspace account, except that he states that he is single. Do you know when that was changed or has he been "single" ever since opening a myspace account?
I went onto myspace today to check this out and lo and behold I found my daughter on there. I wanted to send her a message but I had to register. After I registered and was surfing the site I went back and looked at my profile. It automatically put me as being single. If I wouldn't have checked I would have had no idea that it listed me as single.[/quote]
Old 05-26-2005, 06:48 PM
Former Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oceanbreeze
I went onto myspace today to check this out and lo and behold I found my daughter on there. I wanted to send her a message but I had to register. After I registered and was surfing the site I went back and looked at my profile. It automatically put me as being single. If I wouldn't have checked I would have had no idea that it listed me as single.
I finally figured out how to get to my own myspace and I'm single
shhhh don't tell my husband!
Old 05-26-2005, 07:02 PM
CERTIFIED FLYERS FANATIC!

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfmom
I finally figured out how to get to my own myspace and I'm single
shhhh don't tell my husband!
Does it ask for your birthdate in order to sign up?

"Be the change you wish to see in the world."
Mahatma Gandhi
Old 05-26-2005, 07:05 PM
Former Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGirl
I don't remember, but I might have lied if it did because it's not the right astrological sign . . .
Old 05-26-2005, 07:10 PM
Help Find Maura Murray

Quote:
yep it did for me...
Old 05-26-2005, 07:11 PM
Retired WS Staff

asked for b-day...didnt ask marital status. Im single too LOL
Old 05-26-2005, 07:14 PM
CERTIFIED FLYERS FANATIC!

So if it asks for birthdate just to sign up, and it automatically states single, and Raven only set this account up one week prior to Janet's death, he might just not have gotten around to setting up his profile before she died.

"Be the change you wish to see in the world."
Mahatma Gandhi
Old 05-26-2005, 07:19 PM
Former Member

Quote:
So if it asks for birthdate just to sign up, and it automatically states single, and Raven only set this account up one week prior to Janet's death, he might just not have gotten around to setting up his profile before she died.
I've flushed the single at myspace as an issue ... if I showed up single, it's a default thingy.
Old 05-26-2005, 07:24 PM

Quote:

I think this was discussed before also, maybe it was just on Mr. AG's blog. Sorry I can't remember and point to it, but it's somewhere. Anyhow, I guess there are two dates that reflect activity on myspace -- one states date last updates made and one states date last logged in. Although Raven has logged into the blog since Janet was murdered, he has not updated the account since 04/25, the day before she was murdered. Playing around or changing the profile would constitute updating the account, which means the profile there now is the profile that was there on 04/25 at least.

ETA, which doesn't mean he just hadn't done anything to the profile, I just wanted to be clear for anyone else that it hasn't been changed since her death.
Old 05-26-2005, 09:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ewwwinteresting
I would like your speculation on the suicide rumor......if Janet didn't suffer from depression, why do you think Raven would think she committed suicide?
If you walked in on your spouse dead on the floor with blood everywhere and did not readiily see any evidence of a break-in most people would automatically think suicide.

Janet was never depressed. She always saw the brighter side of every situation
Old 05-26-2005, 09:17 PM

I didn't leave the forum, I just had to make dinner and take care of my familiy.
Old 05-26-2005, 09:18 PM
I can feel it coming in the air tonight......

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissYouJanet
If you walked in on your spouse dead on the floor with blood everywhere and did not readiily see any evidence of a break-in most people would automatically think suicide.

Janet was never depressed. She always saw the brighter side of every situation
MYJ, I don't mean to question your opinions, but if I saw a person lying in a pool of blood, I don't think I would have thought of suicide first.

Did you keep in touch with Janet often? Because even my husband didn't know that I was suffering from post pardum depression after my first baby. I just held it all in until I was alone and I would just sob.
Old 05-26-2005, 09:22 PM
Former Member

Quote:
I didn't leave the forum, I just had to make dinner and take care of my familiy.
LOL! We were all staring at the screen waiting for you ...
Old 05-26-2005, 09:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenifred
MYJ, I don't mean to question your opinions, but if I saw a person lying in a pool of blood, I don't think I would have thought of suicide first.

Did you keep in touch with Janet often? Because even my husband didn't know that I was suffering from post pardum depression after my first baby. I just held it all in until I was alone and I would just sob.
She definitely did not have ppd. I had it after my son was born. She was filled with so much joy and love( not to say the women w/ ppd are not). She just didn't suffer from it.

If I were raven, knowing that she wasn't depressed, seeing her there with no visible sighs that anyone else had been there, Ii would think suicide.

Keep in mind though that I don't even know if he ever said that to anyone. He didn't say it to me and iti has not been confirmed by anyone else.
Old 05-26-2005, 09:43 PM

[quote=MissYouJanet]She definitely did not have ppd. I had it after my son was born. She was filled with so much joy and love( not to say the women w/ ppd are not). She just didn't suffer from it. [quote]

But you never, never know what it going on behind closed doors. She could have been a picture of perfection in front of friends and family, but then falling apart with anxeity and tears behind closed doors. However, this doesn't really need to be argued since we know it wasn't a suicide.

When was the last time that you spoke with Janet?
Old 05-26-2005, 09:44 PM
Former Member

Can you tell us a little bit more what Raven is like?
I'd like to get a clearer picture of him from someone that knows him first hand.
All we've seen is what is posted online.
Old 05-26-2005, 10:12 PM

[quote=Jenifred][quote=MissYouJanet]She definitely did not have ppd. I had it after my son was born. She was filled with so much joy and love( not to say the women w/ ppd are not). She just didn't suffer from it.
Quote:

But you never, never know what it going on behind closed doors. She could have been a picture of perfection in front of friends and family, but then falling apart with anxeity and tears behind closed doors. However, this doesn't really need to be argued since we know it wasn't a suicide.

When was the last time that you spoke with Janet?
I spoke to her a few days before her death. Janet is very easy to read. She always has been. she wears her emotions on her sleeve. Trust me, if she was depressed in any way I would know.
Old 05-26-2005, 10:13 PM
Banned

Quote:
The Christiansens are NOT the Smarts. They are different. We are all different. They are doing what is right for THEM they are dot doing what was right for the Smarts. Who are you to judge what is right for them? You did not just loose your daughter.
\
Excuse me for interrupting your vehement posts, but you are flaming real postere here, and that is against the TOS.
Please read the TOS on a sticky note at the top of every page.. It says that you can't attack a poster.

BTW, how do you know whether I have lost a child or not, or how recent it was, as if the time increment makes any difference?
Old 05-26-2005, 10:19 PM
Former Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinkoflaura
\
Excuse me for interrupting your vehement posts, but you are flaming real postere here, and that is against the TOS.
Please read the TOS on a sticky note at the top of every page.. It says that you can't attack a poster.

BTW, how do you know whether I have lost a child or not, or how recent it was, as if the time increment makes any difference?
ThinkofLaura, I know how sensitive a subject this is for you, but MissYouJanet is a new poster ... she didn't know, but I'm sure will be more careful. People can sound kind of harsh over the boards sometimes without meaning too ... we've been grilling her pretty hard all afternoon and she has been kind enough to answer our questions.
Old 05-26-2005, 10:22 PM

Raven is very friendly. He isi very outgoing and very talkatiive. Janet was always very shy and he helped bring her out of her shell. He is a survivor. He has overcome great odds in his life. He is a good friend. Very likable. He's the type of guy you want to be friends with. He does like material thinigs but he values family more.

I don't know what else to tell you. His personality is really a lot like my own husband.
Old 05-26-2005, 10:23 PM
Former Member

Quote:
Raven is very friendly. He isi very outgoing and very talkatiive. Janet was always very shy and he helped bring her out of her shell. He is a survivor. He has overcome great odds in his life. He is a good friend. Very likable. He's the type of guy you want to be friends with. He does like material thinigs but he values family more.

I don't know what else to tell you. His personality is really a lot like my own husband.
Can you elaborate on your statement about overcoming great odds? What exactly do you mean?
Old 05-26-2005, 10:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinkoflaura
\

Sorry if I attacked you. This is very hard for me. I miss Janet so much and I am her trying to help her family get through this.

Again I am very sorry.
Old 05-26-2005, 10:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfmom
Can you elaborate on your statement about overcoming great odds? What exactly do you mean?
Raven went through a lot in his life as he describes on his website. Many children who grow up in a wefare situation have a hard time getting out of it and he did.
Old 05-26-2005, 10:29 PM
She Was...An American Girl...

Quote:
Sorry if I attacked you. This is very hard for me. I miss Janet so much and I am her trying to help her family get through this.

Again I am very sorry.
Hi MYJ,

Sorry for your loss. Who are you closest to in Janet's family?
Old 05-26-2005, 10:29 PM

MissYouJanet--Did you attend the same college as Janet?
Closed Thread