Reaction score
strwberrys.jpg
link

Blushtini.jpg
link

Reckon I will mark my place here....
G'day all! :seeya:

X marks the spot!

A girl could gain weight just looking at the delicious spread Harmony laid out!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just wanted to say:

:gthanks:

:loveyou:

everyone for the encouraging words!!

:seeya:

Good luck Niner!

MonaLou made it though, surgery and is home. She has three ten inch long incisions and her skin was pulled away from her body? and has two drains from the top of her back to her tummy. Her left eye has blood in the white part and they think it's from blunt force trauma and think it will resolve itself over time.

Neesaki, I was shaking so hard I couldn't get the gun safe open or I would of shot them. I had called DH and he made it from downtown Dallas home under fifteen minutes, called 911 again ( they said they hadn't received any calls. They'd asked my name, address, phone number and said they'd call animal control.) and told them to get the police here are he was going to shoot them. They asked if he had a gun, he said hell yes, get them here or I'll kill them ( told him to stay in the house, and it's illegal to fire a gun in the city limits; he said no you get a police officer now or I'm killing them.) and that they'd notified animal control and we should wait. No police,but animal control showed up and got the dogs as we were leaving for the emergency vet hospital.

The owners will get a citation, and their dogs will be released to them today. Since it was the "first time (that they know of) they'd attacked anyone or thing that is all they can do. We asked about the possibility of them attacking a child or anyone else, and again it was the first time and he'd seen several kids out playing and they didn't attack them. Don't know if anyone was out before they got to us and over the fence by the pasture (it's going to a six foot fence now), but we don't have kids in our neighborhood other than the new family with a two year old and a four month old, and they weren't home.

We have so many pitbulls to the north, south, and west of us; have never been comfortable with that fact, and them telling us that they are good dogs wouldn't hurt a fly, doesn't impress me much.

We're going to call their home owners insurance today and start a lawsuit, and I hope the insurance company tells them to get rid of them or they'll drop their insurance.

Unfortunately, we know the people, not a big fan of them,they let their son terrorize the neighborhood, and their son was a good friend of my nephew thirty years ago.

They live one block over and across the alley, all they had to do was walk five hundred feet, take a left turn and they were two houses down from ours. They went through their fence (a split three rail type) into the pasture and into ours.

When we got to the vet hospital they took Mona back, but told us we'd have to wait and in the mean while they wanted a hundred bucks before they started treatment, and would give us an estimate after the vet checked her over; kinda crappy and crass to us. Every penny of the thousand dollars final bill though. When we gt her home last night she wouldn't go out in the backyard. She took about ten steps looking around and wanted back in. So now my baby has PTSD

I know I'm rambling on, so please forgive me.

I am SO sorry IliketoBend :(
I feel so bad for your pup.
And I am angry with what sounds like some idiot owners :steamed:
Take their @sses to town with any form of penalty you can throw at them.

I will say it again, if you can not control a pitbull, DON'T own them.

In the meantime, I hope MonaLou's healing goes fast and she overcomes her fears.

Dont post often but I do read--Iliketobendpages I'm so sorry for what happened to your pup--what kind of dog os she? Dont blame you for going after owners. Someone needs to!!!

Next. Why do people think butter goes with everything??? Day cooked ham with butter and brown sugar--dh knows I HATE BUTTER'!!! Well won't be eating that! Knew I should have done it but was following Teghens closing.

MonaLou made it though, surgery and is home. She has three ten inch long incisions and her skin was pulled away from her body? and has two drains from the top of her back to her tummy. Her left eye has blood in the white part and they think it's from blunt force trauma and think it will resolve itself over time.

Neesaki, I was shaking so hard I couldn't get the gun safe open or I would of shot them. I had called DH and he made it from downtown Dallas home under fifteen minutes, called 911 again ( they said they hadn't received any calls. They'd asked my name, address, phone number and said they'd call animal control.) and told them to get the police here are he was going to shoot them. They asked if he had a gun, he said hell yes, get them here or I'll kill them ( told him to stay in the house, and it's illegal to fire a gun in the city limits; he said no you get a police officer now or I'm killing them.) and that they'd notified animal control and we should wait. No police,but animal control showed up and got the dogs as we were leaving for the emergency vet hospital.

The owners will get a citation, and their dogs will be released to them today. Since it was the "first time (that they know of) they'd attacked anyone or thing that is all they can do. We asked about the possibility of them attacking a child or anyone else, and again it was the first time and he'd seen several kids out playing and they didn't attack them. Don't know if anyone was out before they got to us and over the fence by the pasture (it's going to a six foot fence now), but we don't have kids in our neighborhood other than the new family with a two year old and a four month old, and they weren't home.

We have so many pitbulls to the north, south, and west of us; have never been comfortable with that fact, and them telling us that they are good dogs wouldn't hurt a fly, doesn't impress me much.

We're going to call their home owners insurance today and start a lawsuit, and I hope the insurance company tells them to get rid of them or they'll drop their insurance.

Unfortunately, we know the people, not a big fan of them,they let their son terrorize the neighborhood, and their son was a good friend of my nephew thirty years ago.

They live one block over and across the alley, all they had to do was walk five hundred feet, take a left turn and they were two houses down from ours. They went through their fence (a split three rail type) into the pasture and into ours.

When we got to the vet hospital they took Mona back, but told us we'd have to wait and in the mean while they wanted a hundred bucks before they started treatment, and would give us an estimate after the vet checked her over; kinda crappy and crass to us. Every penny of the thousand dollars final bill though. When we gt her home last night she wouldn't go out in the backyard. She took about ten steps looking around and wanted back in. So now my baby has PTSD

I'm so sorry to hear about your baby and hope she recovers quickly. Keep us posted with her recovery!

I took my baby to the vet last week and he did have a broken leg, but is now resting comfortably with a splint. Am so relieved I took him! Weekly visits to the vet for the next 5 weeks for check ups.

Happy to hear you took your pup to the vet Daisy.
Hope he heals up soon too.

Seems like the dogs are having a rough time with our WS group this year :(

ILikeToBendPages, Glad to hear your MonaLou is home. I do hope her PTSD is temporary, but she has a loving home to help her through. I would definitely sue! What a horribly tragic event to go through. (((( for you! ))))

Daisymae, glad you were able to take your pup to the vet. Hoping his leg heals quickly with no long-lasting effects.

Niner, good luck with your surgery. Hope all goes well and your recovery is speedy. Fingers crossed that this will give you less pain and discomfort, and more movement. Will be thinking of you.

I'm so sorry to hear about your baby and hope she recovers quickly. Keep us posted with her recovery!

I took my baby to the vet last week and he did have a broken leg, but is now resting comfortably with a splint. Am so relieved I took him! Weekly visits to the vet for the next 5 weeks for check ups.

Hubby's been on the phone all day after talking to animal control (the people were there picking up their dogs at the time) and told him that one dog had tags and shots, but the other didn't and they issued eight citations today that are two thousand dollars, or they can go see the judge and see if they can get them reduced. So he spoke with the city manager and the head of animal control, no law to kill them,but we could of yesterday during and after the attack, no matter what the police say. They said that the people told them they we only visiting and the dogs got loose. BS they live there.

Ms, MonaLou was a very miserable girl last night,and us too. It was a very long night. We tried the crate, hoping it would help her rest, but that wasn't going to work. She kept getting her e collar undone, so we tried the bathroom and making her a nest. Nope we both were miserable, so I opened the door and she got on our bed, her favorite place, laid her head on DH and went to sleep. We couldn't sleep well,not wanting to roll over and hurt her. Today she's decided the best place to sleep is in my new chair in the living room.

This issue has been before the Texas Legislature several times,and voted down. I guess it would be different if one of their family had been attacked.

I think all dogs that attack should be chipped if they're not going to kill them, they should have to register the dog, like sex offenders, and post signs at their home or where the dog is, and be required to let their neighborhood know what is living around them.

So I guess we'll see them in court for the medical bills, and we'll be in court when they come before the judge with pictures and witnesses.

Huge hugs to you and your pup!
How awful, everyday I read about idiots that refuse to secure their dangerous dogs and they injure, maim or kill.
I'm
So so sorry this happened.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dont post often but I do read--Iliketobendpages I'm so sorry for what happened to your pup--what kind of dog os she? Dont blame you for going after owners. Someone needs to!!!

Next. Why do people think butter goes with everything??? Day cooked ham with butter and brown sugar--dh knows I HATE BUTTER'!!! Well won't be eating that! Knew I should have done it but was following Teghens closing.

She's a Jack Russell and weighs eighteen pounds.

Yesterday will be thirty five years ago when I felt sense of betrayal, not from me...yet, but from one I looked up to until Sunday morning March 24,1979

Let me back up so it might make some sense. My mother died in 1974 from a series of heart attacks and my brother, and sisters and I were told to watch it around our forties for heart trouble, so I always had that thought at the back of my head. Each year my oldest sister and I would go though a period of extreme stress starting in October, the month my mother died in, and it would last several weeks to months.

I had Anna and was busy and it didn't hit me as hard as I thought, but October 21 1977 hit me like a truck. Anna had just turned a year old, and we were working and playing in the yard and had lunch before my dh (a four to midnight shift) had to get ready for work.

So, Anna and our routine was pretty easy. She was a good baby,( pitched a few really good hissy fits, we ended up in to our bedroom. She followed. We sat there a few minutes before I asked dh why we, the adults, were on the wrong side of the door, so Anna got put to bed.) and I'd feed her dinner, give her her bath, and we'd play until dh came home for lunch at eight, then I'd get her ready for bed after he went back to work.

I always rocked Anna and gave her her bottle watching Johnny Carson, then I'd put her to bed. When I was rocking her that night I felt a tightness in my chest and I felt my heart race for a few seconds. I put Anna in her crib, went and sat down and had a panic attack, and after about ten minutes I called my dh and told him I wanted to go to the ER because I was feeling some chest pains and he headed home. It was about a ten minutes drive, and I got Anna up and dressed her in her pink footed jammies, her hair in little pig tails with pink numi nums, her pink blanket and her pink bottle. I don't really know why I did.
So we go off to the ER and they said it was a panic attack ,and I had some reflux from bending over in the garden after lunch that day, so we went back home, OH, Anna started walking in the waiting room while I was being looked after; She walked as long as she held onto a finger (but I caught her walking and she'd sit down thinking she was fooling me ) and I'd been waiting for that moment, anyway after we got home I couldn't sleep. I didn't sleep for several days. I was afraid if I died Anna would be alone.

During this time I felt what felt like a black cloud descended upon me and it brought terror to every minute. The only time I felt at peace was reading my bible. That was all I did when I put Anna to bed. I'd read the King James all the way through, and was starting over reading the NIV, but something was still there. It lurked right on the outside of everything. I hadn't been in church over fifteen years, since I was ten years old, but felt the need to go.
So, I called several, asking what they believed and decided to go to the new one that was on a street over from us, and we went on Sunday morning. When I walked into the sanctuary there was a voice inside of me that said "having a form of godliness, but denying the power from within" and knew it was from the bible, and that made me stop for a minute then we sat down. The pastor preached a good sermon, it was on fear and our trust or lack of that let it torment us. We went several times and felt we'd found an extended family. It was a small congregation, young families, a few in their sixties, and we settled in as part of the church, but the verse kept running through my head.

My dh and I were baptized on Christmas morning in 1977 in the church, but there was always something I couldn't get past. Why weren't doing as our pastor preached each Sunday and asked why we didn't do these things during a Wednesday night dinner, and was met with a how dare you question me look. He asked me what my ( not faith, but religion) was, and I replied that if his faith was as Peter said, then it was the same as his, but if not that would make a big difference. So Easter came and went and I found out I was pregnant, an with our son, and my dh started helping clean the church before Sunday morning when the old man that did it got to sick.
As the verse kept playing over and over and I started looking for more, so I wanted to see what Word Of Faith was like.
It wasn't really for us, and we stayed with our church, One Wednesday evening as I was taking a shower I told God that if He wanted us out of there to close the door. When we went to the church dinner that night I went off to help cook, and our pastor asked for the keys back from my husband, The door had been closed.

I kept up with one of the members and her family and she asked us to come back several times and I put her off, but for some reason, and I told her we'd go that next Sunday. We went to Vally View Mall Saturday evening; it was a foggy drizzle and we'd started home and just after we'd pasted Midway a car came up the ramp way over the speed limit and started spinning around in front of us. We had our brakes on, the eighteen wheeler next to us had his on . I could see the smoke and sparks from his tires, and all I could think of was my babies , and I said His name three times. Not a scream, but quietly, and as the last Jesus left my lips time slowed down and the car that was spinning around was moved out of the way. We pulled over and I asked my dh if he saw what I did and he said yes, and went to see how the person and car were doing. It was a young girl and she said the gas petal had stuck, and she couldn't slow down or stop, but she was shoved out of just before the eighteen wheeler pasted her. I felt so grateful and was looking forward to church in the morning, I had plenty to be thankful for. We entered the church Sunday morning and we greeted coolly by some of the "I'm better than you" women , went into the sanctuary took our seats .and the pastor stood up and said "brethren, there are demons amongst us", and used the Lord's name in vane while preaching, and that was it. The door had been slammed shut for me. The pastor went on to disgrace,and it's was such a shame he was a good orator.

Anyway yesterday was a crappy day with MonaLou and that.

She's a Jack Russell and weighs eighteen pounds.

Oh my, this really hit home because we have a fox terrier who is about the same size (and probably a similar, active temperament) as your MonaLou. She gives us so much joy and laughter; I can't even imagine something changing that lovely disposition so quickly.

Special hugs and hopes for Mona! :loveyou:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member