Websleuths
Go Back   Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community > Crimes and Trials > Trials > Janet Christiansen Abaroa, Durham, NC

Notices

Janet Christiansen Abaroa, Durham, NC On April 26th Janet Abaroa, a new mother, was brutally stabbed in her Durham, NC home while her baby lay safely in his crib. Police have been extremely tight-lipped about this case, releasing very little information to the public.


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #351  
Old 06-07-2005, 01:36 AM
ewwwinteresting ewwwinteresting is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: East of the Mississippi
Posts: 1,208
Rooster, if you have known Raven and Janet for awhile, can you help us out with our timeline? Date of separation? Date of reconciliation? How Janet fell about the pregnancy? How Raven felt about the pregnancy? Was the idea of being pregnant something that brought them joy and excitement or just being separated, worry and confusion? I'm sure after Kaiden was born, they were both elated....babies do that to you. Thanks for any clarification you can give us.
  #352  
Old 06-07-2005, 01:37 AM
Thinkoflaura Thinkoflaura is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 715
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timex
I can accept that, but still, wouldnt they want the PDA too? I mean they had to know to look for one, since they knew to look for the charger, right?
I have a theory about the PDA charger... It PROVES that either Raven or Janet OWNED a PDA.
If Raven said " I don't have a PDA", then LE could dangle the changer in front of him...
Just a thought... probably just thinking of how I would do it if I had him in a small windowless hot room for a few hours of discussion.

Also, when a desktop computer which we saw a photo of dated the day before the murder is " missing" from a home, usually cables or something are left too.. I wonder if all traces of the computer were taken? If the cables were missing, it would look very deliberate to me. A thief would most likely NOT stand around and untangle and unscrew those cheap things from the wall or router ( depending on whether they had high speed or dialup connection).
  #353  
Old 06-07-2005, 01:49 AM
Rooster Rooster is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 103
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinkoflaura
I have a theory about the PDA charger... It PROVES that either Raven or Janet OWNED a PDA.
If Raven said " I don't have a PDA", then LE could dangle the changer in front of him...
Just a thought... probably just thinking of how I would do it if I had him in a small windowless hot room for a few hours of discussion.

Also, when a desktop computer which we saw a photo of dated the day before the murder is " missing" from a home, usually cables or something are left too.. I wonder if all traces of the computer were taken? If the cables were missing, it would look very deliberate to me. A thief would most likely NOT stand around and untangle and unscrew those cheap things from the wall or router ( depending on whether they had high speed or dialup connection).
I think Raven pawned it on the 25th after he finished up working on Ravenstree... They found a pawn shop ticket in the Durango, when they searched it a second time. They said after further questioning Raven about that night, they wanted to research the Durago.

Maybe something like this... during questioning they ask Raven "Where is your computer?" He says "I pawned it." They say "Where did you pawn it?" he say's "Whatever pawn shop, there's a pawn shop ticket in my Durango." ...So the police recheck the Durango ...find the pawn shop ticket...go get the computer....LE has the computer.
  #354  
Old 06-07-2005, 01:51 AM
golfmom golfmom is offline
Former Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 7,394
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rooster
I think Raven pawned it on the 25th after he finished up working on Ravenstree... They found a pawn shop ticket in the Durango, when they searched it a second time. They said after further questioning Raven about that night, they wanted to research the Durago.

Maybe something like this... during questioning they ask Raven "Where is your computer?" He says "I pawned it." They say "Where did you pawn it?" he say's "Whatever pawn shop, there's a pawn shop ticket in my Durango." ...So the police recheck the Durango ...find the pawn shop ticket...go get the computer....LE has the computer.
That would make sense, but the pawn ticket was removed during the first search. Also, I seem to remember them saying they took additional samples on the 2nd search. I'll have to go back and check.
  #355  
Old 06-07-2005, 01:52 AM
ewwwinteresting ewwwinteresting is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: East of the Mississippi
Posts: 1,208
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rooster
I think Raven pawned it on the 25th after he finished up working on Ravenstree... They found a pawn shop ticket in the Durango, when they searched it a second time. They said after further questioning Raven about that night, they wanted to research the Durago.

Maybe something like this... during questioning they ask Raven "Where is your computer?" He says "I pawned it." They say "Where did you pawn it?" he say's "Whatever pawn shop, there's a pawn shop ticket in my Durango." ...So the police recheck the Durango ...find the pawn shop ticket...go get the computer....LE has the computer.
Rooster, do you think Raven pawned the PDA, the desktop and the Notebook?
  #356  
Old 06-07-2005, 01:53 AM
golfmom golfmom is offline
Former Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 7,394
"Information disclosed during that interview has suggested that further scientific testing is needed to determine the relationship of the vehicle to the homicide," the warrant said.
  #357  
Old 06-07-2005, 01:54 AM
Rooster Rooster is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 103
Quote:
Originally Posted by ewwwinteresting
Rooster, do you think Raven pawned the PDA, the desktop and the Notebook?
He could have...
  #358  
Old 06-07-2005, 01:56 AM
ewwwinteresting ewwwinteresting is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: East of the Mississippi
Posts: 1,208
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rooster
He could have...
That would explain why all three of them are missing........but why would Raven do that? I would think that he would have kept at least one way to communicate via web and sold one of the many vehicles instead...hmmmm
  #359  
Old 06-07-2005, 01:58 AM
golfmom golfmom is offline
Former Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 7,394
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rooster
He could have...
Then police would definitely have them or had them and returned them to him.
Does he have them now?
  #360  
Old 06-07-2005, 02:00 AM
golfmom golfmom is offline
Former Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 7,394
Quote:
Originally Posted by ewwwinteresting
That would explain why all three of them are missing........but why would Raven do that? I would think that he would have kept at least one way to communicate via web and sold one of the many vehicles instead...hmmmm
He was obviously trying to unload the vehicles. I thought he might have pawned the rock hopper or specialized p.3

I hate this 60 second rule. I just type too damn fast and it won't let me post!
  #361  
Old 06-07-2005, 02:02 AM
ewwwinteresting ewwwinteresting is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: East of the Mississippi
Posts: 1,208
Quote:
Originally Posted by golfmom
He was obviously trying to unload the vehicles. I thought he might have pawned the rock hopper or specialized p.3

I hate this 60 second rule. I just type too damn fast and it won't let me post!
I have the same problem sometimes!

I forgot about the bikes. Yes, that is something that could have been pawned or jewelry, if they had any. Somebody mentioned a ring on Janet's finger....??
  #362  
Old 06-07-2005, 02:05 AM
Rooster Rooster is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 103
Quote:
Originally Posted by ewwwinteresting
Rooster, if you have known Raven and Janet for awhile, can you help us out with our timeline? Date of separation? Date of reconciliation? How Janet fell about the pregnancy? How Raven felt about the pregnancy? Was the idea of being pregnant something that brought them joy and excitement or just being separated, worry and confusion? I'm sure after Kaiden was born, they were both elated....babies do that to you. Thanks for any clarification you can give us.
I don't know exact date's. I don't really want to speak for Raven or Janet, as far as how they felt about things at that time. To tell you the truth I don't know. I know a baby is something they both had said they wanted. (They didn't tell me this during the seperation time. It was before seperation when they said it.)

They did however work things out. They stayed together and as far as I know they were happy.
  #363  
Old 06-07-2005, 02:09 AM
Rooster Rooster is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 103
Quote:
Originally Posted by ewwwinteresting
That would explain why all three of them are missing........but why would Raven do that? I would think that he would have kept at least one way to communicate via web and sold one of the many vehicles instead...hmmmm
Ummm...I think he kept the laptop. He probably pawned them for money. Maybe for grocery's, diaper's, ect...He might have wanted to get them out of pawn when the money started comming in again.

He had a for sale sign in the VX and was looking for a buyer online.
  #364  
Old 06-07-2005, 02:11 AM
ewwwinteresting ewwwinteresting is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: East of the Mississippi
Posts: 1,208
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rooster
Ummm...I think he kept the laptop. He probably pawned them for money. Maybe for grocery's, diaper's, ect...He might have wanted to get them out of pawn when the money started comming in again.

He had a for sale sign in the VX and was looking for a buyer online.
Raven mentioned having a job in February on the VX website......do you know if he was employed and that is why the comey would start comming in again?
  #365  
Old 06-07-2005, 02:17 AM
Rooster Rooster is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 103
Quote:
Originally Posted by ewwwinteresting
Raven mentioned having a job in February on the VX website......do you know if he was employed and that is why the comey would start comming in again?
I think I read one of his posts...that he had gotten a job but, it didn't pay as much as he would like. So he took the job but, he was still looking.

Ummm...I don't remember what month it said. (or if it said what month at all.)

It's on this site somewhere....maybe under "Raven's on line activity"
  #366  
Old 06-07-2005, 02:19 AM
Rooster Rooster is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 103
Quote:
Originally Posted by golfmom
Then police would definitely have them or had them and returned them to him.
Does he have them now?
I don't know.
  #367  
Old 06-07-2005, 02:19 AM
ewwwinteresting ewwwinteresting is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: East of the Mississippi
Posts: 1,208
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rooster
I think I read one of his posts...that he had gotten a job but, it didn't pay as much as he would like. So he took the job but, he was still looking.

Ummm...I don't remember what month it said. (or if it said what month at all.)

It's on this site somewhere....maybe under "Raven's on line activity"
Yes, I know Raven said he had one, we were wondering if there was anybody Raven knew that could confirm that he actually had one. If you don't know, that's ok, just thought I'd ask.
  #368  
Old 06-07-2005, 02:23 AM
ewwwinteresting ewwwinteresting is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: East of the Mississippi
Posts: 1,208
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rooster
I don't know.
Rooster: Sorry to bombard you with questions. As you know from reading this site, we have received most of our information about Raven and Janet from Raven's various online activity and websites. Most of what we have assumed, suspected and discussed are Raven's own words (which were many before Janet died).....there is nothing to show us a different Raven then what he shows us online. You stated we don't know Raven. Was Raven different then the way he presented himself on his website? the way some of his former coworkers from different companies have described him? Please tell us about the real Raven if we have it all wrong.
  #369  
Old 06-07-2005, 02:47 AM
Rooster Rooster is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 103
Quote:
Originally Posted by ewwwinteresting
Rooster: Sorry to bombard you with questions. As you know from reading this site, we have received most of our information about Raven and Janet from Raven's various online activity and websites. Most of what we have assumed, suspected and discussed are Raven's own words (which were many before Janet died).....there is nothing to show us a different Raven then what he shows us online. You stated we don't know Raven. Was Raven different then the way he presented himself on his website? the way some of his former coworkers from different companies have described him? Please tell us about the real Raven if we have it all wrong.
I think he's alot like what you see online. I just see it different than some of you. Some of you watch the "Christmas video" and see a phsyco. I watch it and I see Raven. He's being really cute with Janet. They seem happy. He made a nice Christmas card video for his family. Made sure to keep in contact with them... He's really family oriented. You should see him play with kids! He's great with Kaiden!

He's alot of what you see on line but you all don't know him...and you try to see it in a bad light. Just look at it through eye's that arn't trying to judge.

He really is a peace maker.
  #370  
Old 06-07-2005, 02:51 AM
Rooster Rooster is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 103
Quote:
Originally Posted by ewwwinteresting
Yes, I know Raven said he had one, we were wondering if there was anybody Raven knew that could confirm that he actually had one. If you don't know, that's ok, just thought I'd ask.
I belive he did...but I never watched him clock in or out...I can't say forsure.
  #371  
Old 06-07-2005, 07:08 AM
golfmom golfmom is offline
Former Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 7,394
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rooster
He really is a peace maker.
We have a number of vivid examples by posters of a man with a violent temper ... even attacking his opponents in an unsportsmanlike fashion and going so far as to assault a referee! I can't view Raven as a peace maker. This doesn't match the one we have been led to believe by others.

So, my question to you is what makes you view him as a peace maker? I'm hoping you can give me a clearer picture.
  #372  
Old 06-07-2005, 07:45 AM
OriginalJerseyGirl's Avatar
OriginalJerseyGirl OriginalJerseyGirl is offline
CERTIFIED FLYERS FANATIC!
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: About 10 miles outside of Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 7,219
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timex
I can accept that, but still, wouldnt they want the PDA too? I mean they had to know to look for one, since they knew to look for the charger, right?
I don't know if they knew to look for the charger or if it just happened to be sitting there. Perhaps there was a struggle, and some stuff had been knocked off a desk, including the charger. In any situation, you're right. If the charger was there, it would stand to reason that it was likely that someone in the house owned a PDA. And since we don't know what items 1-3 are, they could be:

1) PDA
2) Laptop
3) Desktop
__________________

"Be the change you wish to see in the world."
Mahatma Gandhi
  #373  
Old 06-07-2005, 07:50 AM
OriginalJerseyGirl's Avatar
OriginalJerseyGirl OriginalJerseyGirl is offline
CERTIFIED FLYERS FANATIC!
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: About 10 miles outside of Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 7,219
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rooster
I think Raven pawned it on the 25th after he finished up working on Ravenstree...
I could see this. Perhaps he "finished up" Raven's tree; the writing indicates that he came to some realizations that day about moving forward and forming goals, etc. If one of those goals was to get back on his feet financially, he could have made that entry as one last entry before selling the computer(s) for some money to start paying off some bills. I'm not sure how much time a pawn shop gives you - maybe he intended to pick it up again in a few months or maybe he was willing to sacrifice it altogether figuring he'd either get a new one later or just rely on his PDA and/or laptop until things got a little easier.
__________________

"Be the change you wish to see in the world."
Mahatma Gandhi
  #374  
Old 06-07-2005, 07:51 AM
OriginalJerseyGirl's Avatar
OriginalJerseyGirl OriginalJerseyGirl is offline
CERTIFIED FLYERS FANATIC!
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: About 10 miles outside of Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 7,219
Quote:
Originally Posted by ewwwinteresting
That would explain why all three of them are missing........but why would Raven do that? I would think that he would have kept at least one way to communicate via web and sold one of the many vehicles instead...hmmmm
Very true; a used vehicle would pull in a lot more money than some used computer equipment. Unless his intention with the pawning was to eventually go buy back the stuff. Can't do that with a car.
__________________

"Be the change you wish to see in the world."
Mahatma Gandhi
  #375  
Old 06-07-2005, 07:54 AM
Moxie Moxie is offline
She Was...An American Girl...
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 447
Pawn Shop Ticket

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGirl
I could see this. Perhaps he "finished up" Raven's tree; the writing indicates that he came to some realizations that day about moving forward and forming goals, etc. If one of those goals was to get back on his feet financially, he could have made that entry as one last entry before selling the computer(s) for some money to start paying off some bills. I'm not sure how much time a pawn shop gives you - maybe he intended to pick it up again in a few months or maybe he was willing to sacrifice it altogether figuring he'd either get a new one later or just rely on his PDA and/or laptop until things got a little easier.
Hi JerseyGirl,

Could be - don't know a lot about pawn shops, but I imagine if one is pawning their personal possessions, they are under a lot of financial stress. I wonder if we can get our media connections to check out what was actually pawned. For some reason I have a strange feeling that a computer was not what was actually pawned...

Moxie
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


© Copyright Websleuths 1999-2012 New To Site? Need Help?
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:52 AM.

Advertisements

Pre-Order Imperfect Justice: Prosecuting Casey Anthony today!