Websleuths
Go Back   Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community > Crimes and Trials > Cold Cases

Notices

Cold Cases Discuss all cold cases here and sleuth out some new information!

Old 07-16-2005, 12:10 PM
A diamond in process

NE - Tina McMenamin, murdered and sexually assaulted in Lincoln, July 1995

Lincoln police continue to get tips and follow leads in the Tina McMenamin homicide nearly 10 years after she was killed.

McMenamin

One of those tips, reported to police earlier this year by an inmate, indicated that items were taken from the scene of the crime by the killer and hidden among rocks along the bike trail at 48th Street and Normal Boulevard, said Sgt. Larry Barksdale, who has managed the case since the crime was committed in July 1995.

The male inmate told police a man who Barksdale said has been a suspect in the killing talked to him about the crime several years ago. The inmate told police the man gave him specific information about the crime scene and invited him to look at personal items he took from McMenamin's apartment the night of the murder and hid along the bike path.

"If anybody found a photograph or a piece of jewelry (along the bike path) that was unusual or has any information, we would like to know," Barksdale said.

The inmate also said the man had identified two other people he wanted to kidnap and kill, one at an apartment complex at 27th Street and Nebraska 2 and another in Scottsbluff, Barksdale said

http://www.journalstar.com/articles/...0511431545.txt

Why is it that when a custodial parent fails to provide for a child it is called neglect and is a criminal matter. But when a non custodial parent fails to provide it is called failure to support and is a civil matter?

"Just when the caterpillar thought its world was over, it became a butterfly" ~ Michelle Knight
Old 07-22-2009, 02:36 PM

Tina was a close friend of mine in high school. She is actually the reason I came to websleuths in 2003. I wish and pray her murder is solved someday. It still keeps me awake at night, and I still wish it never happened.
Our 15 year class reunion is next month, and I wish I was able to give her a big hug, and see that big smile of hers

All statements made above are solely the opinions of the author and do not reflect the opinions of the website.
The Following User Says Thank You to Sarahsue For This Useful Post:
Old 07-22-2009, 02:44 PM

Here is some other information about the case:

http://www.ketv.com/news/4729419/detail.html

http://www.unl.edu/dn/stories/082098/n-mcmen.txt

All statements made above are solely the opinions of the author and do not reflect the opinions of the website.
The Following User Says Thank You to Sarahsue For This Useful Post: