Websleuths
Go Back   Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community > Current Events > Bizarre and Off-Beat News

Notices

Bizarre and Off-Beat News Strange news stories!

Old 12-20-2003, 03:34 PM
Former Member

Womans kills husband in drum of acid then cuts off his feet!

Didn't know where to post this, so it's also in the "Crimes in the News" forum. Mods, feel free to delete one or the other.

Amazing that a biochemist could be so dumb. More amazing is that she had the stomach to do this. The acid was poured on him when he was alive!

http://www.fresnobee.com/local/crime...-8785783c.html

Quote:
A Clovis biochemist, accused of murdering her husband and sealing his body in a drum of acid, is asking a judge to prevent her children from talking to each other.

Larissa Schuster's attorney filed a motion saying that, if allowed to meet, 18-year-old Kristin would try to turn 13-year-old Tyler against their mother.

According to court files and Clovis police testimony, Fagone reportedly told police:

About 2 a.m. July 10, he and Larissa Schuster went to her husband's home and and disabled him with a stun gun and chloroform-soaked rags.

They then bound Timothy Schuster and drove him back to his wife's house, where they stuffed him into a drum and his wife poured acid over him.

Two days later, Larissa Schuster and Fagone drove with the barrel to her Fresno business. Schuster poured more acid into the barrel. She had trouble resealing the lid until she used a handsaw to cut off her husband's feet.
Old 12-20-2003, 07:01 PM

And she thinks that the 18 year old would turn the 13 year old against her?

Well I guess she has her values straight, she doesn't want them to gossip.

It is no 'coincidence' that Scott was a manure salesman!
Is MG planning on taking over Scott's job?
This is JMO and I am sticking to it.
Old 12-20-2003, 07:12 PM
Banned

Why can't people just get a divorce??
Old 05-17-2008, 01:19 PM
"Sorry, I'm not qualified to land the plane."

Chemist gets life for killing husband in acid vat

FRESNO, Calif. --A biochemist was sentenced to life in prison without the possibility of parole Friday for killing her estranged husband by knocking him out and stuffing him into a vat of acid, possibly while he was still alive.

Larissa Schuster was convicted in December of murdering Timothy Schuster with the special circumstance that the murder was committed for financial gain. At the time of his death in July 2003, the Schusters were in the middle of a divorce after nearly 20 years of marriage.

Just days after Timothy Schuster was reported missing, his half-dissolved remains - intact from only the belt buckle down - were found inside a 55-gallon barrel concealed in a storage unit his wife had rented.

Kristin Schuster, the couple's adult daughter, told the judge that she felt safer knowing her mother would be behind bars.

"I've been living for five years not knowing if I would have to worry for my own safety," she said. "In your quest to become a dominating power freak, you became your own demon. You have hurt me for so many years and probably smiled inside, but look who's smiling now."

http://www.charlotte.com/118/story/627175.html
Old 05-17-2008, 01:35 PM
Former Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casshew View Post
Why can't people just get a divorce??
You think, wouldn't you?
Old 05-25-2008, 12:54 PM
Inactive

That's creepy about the storage unit. I rented one and was concerned about going to it at night to get something out. The walls were just corrugated aluminum. Now I learn a body could be inches away!
Old 05-25-2008, 11:59 PM
Former Member

Where are his feet?
Old 05-26-2008, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trixie View Post
Where are his feet?

Floating up on Canada's beaches?

I told my husband the story of what this woman did to her husband...he's scared now, especially when I showed him how easy it is to get the acid!! He's been soooo good...even has the "honey do" list completed!
Old 05-26-2008, 03:28 PM
Former Member

SewingDeb, thank you for bumping this up. I meant to update this after the sentencing, but I got busy and forgot!

I don't know what happened to the feet, but I don't think they are the ones that washed up in Canada!

It still angers me that she didn't get the death penalty she deserved. But at least she won't be free to victimize anyone else.