Websleuths
Go Back   Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community > Crimes and Trials > Archived Cases - Appeals, Books and Updates

Notices

Archived Cases - Appeals, Books and Updates Information and updates on Archived cases and trials.

Old 12-08-2005, 12:12 AM
Somedays your the windshield.........

Hargon case Archived

Earnest Hargon has been found guilty and sentenced to death.

Archived Forum read only
http://websleuths.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=41
Old 12-09-2005, 04:04 PM

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by tybee204
Earnest Hargon has been found guilty and sentenced to death.

Archived Forum read only
http://websleuths.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=41
As a newbie here, I would like to point out that due to MS state laws, he gets an automatic appeal. Our news was reporting there is a state law that requires an automatic appeal on any death sentence, not sure how it is elsewhere.

Also, I cant really say much about this, since I was employed by one of the agencies responsible for his imprisonment, and I dealt with him on a one on one basis almost daily, but I can say this.
When he arrived into custody, he was a very thin man, and has gained much weight while in jail. I spoke with him and refuse to believe that he could be so dismissive of the situation. When he would speak to you, it was like he wasnt in jail, hadnt killed anyone, he spoke (deferentially) but pretty much like he was just in a very restrictive gated community.

Im not sure what else I can legally say, and I have probably crossed the line of legality anyway, but if I have, I apologize and feel free to remove any comments that crossed legal lines.
Old 12-09-2005, 05:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InjuredOfficer
As a newbie here, I would like to point out that due to MS state laws, he gets an automatic appeal. Our news was reporting there is a state law that requires an automatic appeal on any death sentence, not sure how it is elsewhere.

Also, I cant really say much about this, since I was employed by one of the agencies responsible for his imprisonment, and I dealt with him on a one on one basis almost daily, but I can say this.
When he arrived into custody, he was a very thin man, and has gained much weight while in jail. I spoke with him and refuse to believe that he could be so dismissive of the situation. When he would speak to you, it was like he wasnt in jail, hadnt killed anyone, he spoke (deferentially) but pretty much like he was just in a very restrictive gated community.

Im not sure what else I can legally say, and I have probably crossed the line of legality anyway, but if I have, I apologize and feel free to remove any comments that crossed legal lines.
Just wanted to say "hi" and welcome, Newbie!