Websleuths
Go Back   Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community > Crimes and Trials > Darlie Routier

Notices

Darlie Routier Darlie Routier is on death row, convicted of murdering her two sons. Darlie claims that an intruder attacked her and the boys and is responsible. Many feel Darlie deserves a new trial. Discuss it here.

Old 01-05-2006, 11:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by j2mirish
huh??
You don't think paying someone's mortgage for seveal months is generous? What about treating a friend to a vacation in Cancun?

Why do you think her friends are so loyal to her? It isn't because she was selfish and stuck on herself. Who would be loyal to a person like that?

I've talked to people who write to her and she is very good at handling people with empathy for their personal problems. She doesn't just focus on her own.

I am all for criticising her, but we have to be fair and give her credit for the postitives. No matter how much you hate what she did, the girl isn't all bad. Maybe she is worse than some of these things, but I haven't found a lot of evidence of that. have you? If so, please share.

"The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense." - Tom Clancy
Old 01-06-2006, 12:35 AM
myspace.com/beesy_boo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goody
You don't think paying someone's mortgage for seveal months is generous? What about treating a friend to a vacation in Cancun?

Why do you think her friends are so loyal to her? It isn't because she was selfish and stuck on herself. Who would be loyal to a person like that?

I've talked to people who write to her and she is very good at handling people with empathy for their personal problems. She doesn't just focus on her own.

I am all for criticising her, but we have to be fair and give her credit for the postitives. No matter how much you hate what she did, the girl isn't all bad(WHAT?). Maybe she is worse than some of these things, but I haven't found a lot of evidence of that. have you? If so, please share.
Goody, I have a great example: she killed her children and has lied about it for nearly 10 years! She has screwed up her family's and Darin's family's lives. She has wasted lots of people's time.
As for paying people's bills and for trips, I think that goes right back to her and Darin being the ones in the family to make it big. Handing out money like that makes you look good, doesn't it? They obviously couldn't afford to do that.
What else does Darlie have to do with her time? Lending a sympathetic
ear or pen to a supporter or friend is not that difficult when you are trapped on DR

I think the world has already been fair to Darlie. She was given a trial instead of being burned at the stake!

So I held my head up high
Hiding hate that burns inside
Which only fuels their selfish pride
We're all held captive
Out from the sun
A sun that shines on only some
We the meek are all in one
Creed
My Own Prison

Last edited by beesy; 01-07-2006 at 12:12 AM.
Old 01-06-2006, 04:20 AM
For Queen & Country!

Quote:
Originally Posted by feenix
Hi Britgirl!

I too am a Britgirl from Manchester, hope you have your baby on my birthday which is June 24th!!

Hi, I was in Manchester in Feb of last year and spent far too much money!
Old 01-06-2006, 09:20 AM
Former Member

Quote:

I am all for criticising her, but we have to be fair and give her credit for the postitives. No matter how much you hate what she did, the girl isn't all bad. Maybe she is worse than some of these things, but I haven't found a lot of evidence of that. have you? If so, please share.
no WE dont have to be fair--- she killed her kids Goody------
again....I say HUH??
Old 01-06-2006, 09:37 AM
Keep your fork......

Quote:
Maybe I have just lived around people aspiring to do something in the arts. Around here it is singers, a little TV and a little theater, so it is not unusual to see gals in all shapes and sizes decked out in whatever brand they think makes them "cool" and accepted. I just don't get too riled up about it. I mean, shoot, Dolly Parton made millions by looking just like Darlie. I always thought it was funny when Lonnie Anderson looked down on Dolly as if Dolly was trailer trash....Lonnie looked just as cheap to me. hahahahahahah.

Besides, looking cheap is not what motivated Darlie to kill her kids.
I don't think any of us are saying that because we think Darlie looked cheap that's why she killed her own children. Jeez. I could care less what motivated her to kill her children unless she wants to tell me. I don't and won't analyze her every nuance. I don't care what she had, where she lived, what she looked like, who she screwed and why. The evidence proves she murdered her children, that's good enough for me.

And yes I agree that Lonnie Anderson looks just as cheap. My God, that hair never moved! And she was far more attractive as a brunette. Why do these women think they look better as blondes? It's beyond me, LOL.

edited to add.... Maybe she just wanted to get rid of them and that's why she killed them.

edited again to add...... I don't think I ever thought Dolly looked cheap. I've just never thought that of her, I guess because I like her so much.

Last edited by cami; 01-07-2006 at 04:14 AM.
Old 01-06-2006, 10:04 AM
Former Member

Quote:

Where were all these "loyal friends" when she was on trial for her life? Where are they now? I don't think she's got any loyal friends Goody.
Old 01-06-2006, 10:43 PM
Banned

Oh, she probably has a whole new " slew" of " friends" in prison.
Last time I happened to see her on TV, she looked 100% better than she did before the murders. Go figure!

One thing I want to comment on: I don't know how the details of all the altruistic and kind things she did materially for people came to light, as it apparently wasn't in the trial from what I read of Jeana's last post..

In my family, the definition of being generous means not ever discussing what was done for or given to someone else. I think she may have done things for show, like a certain Mrs. Ramsey I have heard of.

I wonder if they are alike, pathologically speaking? Both come from rough backgrounds, both married men who were riding the computer craze...
If Darlie had had a daughter, I wonder if she would have put her in pageants?
Thank God she didn't ever give birth to a little girl... I STILL wonder why the baby boy lived and the other two were murdered though.
Old 01-07-2006, 01:09 AM
Former Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cami
Yes, that's what I said, He killed one daughter in the midst of the argument with his wife-Kimberley,his eldest daughter. He then murdered his baby, Kristen, because she was there and because she was a witness.
Oh, I caught that. I was just adding the baby thing because it makes him even sicker...if that is possible. I studied that case for years. It was the first case that I really studied. I am so glad that her parents never gave up. I feel sorry that her dad never saw the end of all his work.
Old 01-07-2006, 01:12 AM
Former Member

Quote:
Oh you're right, I would never look sideways at another man when I was married. I honestly did not think when I said that. I'm single so I didn't even think in the context of being married.
And the fact that she acted like that...and that Darin thought it was cool for her to be like that.... Those people have a screw loose.
Old 01-07-2006, 01:18 AM
Former Member

Quote:
Maybe I have just lived around people aspiring to do something in the arts. Around here it is singers, a little TV and a little theater, so it is not unusual to see gals in all shapes and sizes decked out in whatever brand they think makes them "cool" and accepted. I just don't get too riled up about it. I mean, shoot, Dolly Parton made millions by looking just like Darlie. I always thought it was funny when Lonnie Anderson looked down on Dolly as if Dolly was trailer trash....Lonnie looked just as cheap to me. hahahahahahah.

Besides, looking cheap is not what motivated Darlie to kill her kids.
I have always though Dolly was precious! One time on TV she said..."It takes a lot of money to look this cheap!" LOL...I love her. But...Lonnie...she does look cheap and is a horrible actress IMO. Dolly has talent. She sings and she can act. She is heads above Lonnie.
Old 01-07-2006, 07:08 PM
myspace.com/beesy_boo

Quote:
Originally Posted by deandaniellws
I have always though Dolly was precious! One time on TV she said..."It takes a lot of money to look this cheap!" LOL...I love her. But...Lonnie...she does look cheap and is a horrible actress IMO. Dolly has talent. She sings and she can act. She is heads above Lonnie.
I love Dolly too! She has a gorgeous voice and she is a funny gal. Plus, I think those boobs are homegrown.

We're all held captive
Out from the sun
Creed
My Own Prison

Old 01-07-2006, 08:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beesy
Goody, I have a great example: she killed her children and has lied about it for nearly 10 years! She has screwed up her family's and Darin's family's lives. She has wasted lots of people's time.
As for paying people's bills and for trips, I think that goes right back to her and Darin being the ones in the family to make it big. Handing out money like that makes you look good, doesn't it? They obviously couldn't afford to do that.
What else does Darlie have to do with her time? Lending a sympathetic
ear or pen to a supporter or friend is not that difficult when you are trapped on DR

I think the world has already been fair to Darlie. She was given a trial instead of being burned at the stake!
You are entitled to your opinion, of course, but all of that doesn't tell me squat about what Darlie was like BEFORE the murders, which is the evidence I would like to unearth right now.

"The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense." - Tom Clancy
Old 01-07-2006, 08:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by j2mirish
no WE dont have to be fair--- she killed her kids Goody------
again....I say HUH??
Yeah, but I do. At least most of the time.

Old 01-07-2006, 09:17 PM

Quote:
I don't think any of us are saying that because we think Darlie looked cheap that's why she killed her own children.
No, you are saying that she looks cheap BECAUSE she killed her children. If she hadn't done that you all wouldn't think twice about that look. You'd have an each to his own attitude.

Quote:
Jeez. I could care less what motivated her to kill her children unless she wants to tell me. I don't and won't analyze her every nuance. I don't care what she had, where she lived, what she looked like, who she screwed and why. The evidence proves she murdered her children, that's good enough for me.
I am just wanting to take an objective look at who Darlie was before the murders, at evidence that is laying just below the surface. But I guess if you reeeeeeeally don't want to, you don't have to.

I am just saying to set all that aside while looking at certain elements, but I guess if you reeeeeeeally don't want to, you don't have to.

Quote:
And yes I agree that Lonnie Anderson looks just as cheap. My God, that hair never moved! And she was far more attractive as a brunette. Why do these women think they look better as blondes? It's beyond me, LOL.
It is called Hollywood bull feces.

Quote:
edited to add.... Maybe she just wanted to get rid of them and that's why she killed them.
Maybe.

Quote:
edited again to add...... I don't think I ever thought Dolly looked cheap. I've just never thought that of her, I guess because I like her so much.
You are kidding. Looking cheap is all Dolly ever talks about. She is the most down to earth entertainer I have ever seen. Lonnie, on the other hand, believed her own hype. I think she was jealous of Dolly because rumors had Burt Reynolds (Lonnie fiance at the time) linked to both women romantically. They had to make a personal appearance with Burt over the Best Little Whorehouse In Texas movie, I think. I can't tell you how many times Lonnie rolled her eyes and sighed rudely over comments Dolly made about herself being cheap. Like Lonnie thought she was so much better than Dolly. And there was Burt stuck in the middle. hahahahahah.

Years later when Dolly was promoting her book, someone asked her if she had told the whole truth. She replied, "Shoot, no! If I had, I'd have hung myself and five others." She is such a character! She could buy and sell Lonnie Anderson countless times over. That is the best part!!!!

But I agree. Dolly doesn't look cheap and neither does Darlie in those glamour shots.

Old 01-07-2006, 09:19 PM

Quote:
I love Dolly too! She has a gorgeous voice and she is a funny gal. Plus, I think those boobs are homegrown.
Nope. You should see shots of 18 year old Dolly. Besides, I think I heard Dolly talking about the "sisters" once and while she didn't confess, she didn't say they were homegrown either.

Old 01-07-2006, 09:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeana (DP)
Where were all these "loyal friends" when she was on trial for her life? Where are they now? I don't think she's got any loyal friends Goody.
Good point and that might prove to be true, but something is amiss. Either people aren't talking because they fear retalliation or thru mislplaced loyalty, but the fact remains that they aren't talking. Makes me want to paw at the earth to see if I can hit a nerve.

Old 01-07-2006, 09:28 PM
Former Member

Quote:
Good point and that might prove to be true, but something is amiss. Either people aren't talking because they fear retalliation or thru mislplaced loyalty, but the fact remains that they aren't talking. Makes me want to paw at the earth to see if I can hit a nerve.
Why can't we find someone who knows her!?!!? I would love to get an up close opinion of her.
Old 01-07-2006, 09:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinkoflaura
Oh, she probably has a whole new " slew" of " friends" in prison.
Last time I happened to see her on TV, she looked 100% better than she did before the murders. Go figure!

One thing I want to comment on: I don't know how the details of all the altruistic and kind things she did materially for people came to light, as it apparently wasn't in the trial from what I read of Jeana's last post..
It was in the trial transcripts. Karen Neal's testimony told of Darlie paying her mortgate payments while she had cancer and had to miss work. I believe the information about Darlie paying for Mercedes' Cancun trip, which never happened because of the crime, was in one of the books. Mercedes was supposed to testify but didn't.

Quote:
In my family, the definition of being generous means not ever discussing what was done for or given to someone else. I think she may have done things for show, like a certain Mrs. Ramsey I have heard of.
Maybe but for someone as young as Darlie (only 27 at the time) I don't know how much weight you want to put on that. At that age everyone within your circle pretty much knows everything going on with you. Unless someone in the group said they felt it was just for show, I don't think I would jump to that assumption.

Quote:
I wonder if they are alike, pathologically speaking? Both come from rough backgrounds, both married men who were riding the computer craze...
If Darlie had had a daughter, I wonder if she would have put her in pageants?
Thank God she didn't ever give birth to a little girl... I STILL wonder why the baby boy lived and the other two were murdered though.
I don't think the baby was ever a target at all. Maybe because he was a baby and she wanted to keep at least one child. Or maybe because the murder of one child happened unexpectedly and they or she thought the other boy would suffer too much by losing his brother. Or maybe one child was a witness and needed to be silenced. Or maybe the older boys were just too much to handle and it was decided that they only needed one child. You can probably imagine all sorts of combinations of reasons if you speculate.

Old 01-07-2006, 09:34 PM

Quote:
Why can't we find someone who knows her!?!!? I would love to get an up close opinion of her.
I don't know. maybe we should send out a form letter to the subdivision. LOL!

Old 01-07-2006, 10:44 PM
myspace.com/beesy_boo

Quote:
You are entitled to your opinion, of course, but all of that doesn't tell me squat about what Darlie was like BEFORE the murders, which is the evidence I would like to unearth right now.
Why does it matter? Once she crossed the line, that's all that matters. Stop hitting me, that's very rude

We're all held captive
Out from the sun
Creed
My Own Prison

Old 01-07-2006, 10:48 PM
myspace.com/beesy_boo

Quote:
But I agree. Dolly doesn't look cheap and neither does Darlie in those glamour shots.
Those Glamour Shots can make anyone look cheap. They are the tackiest things I've ever seen. Darlie looked cheaper in those than in other photos, except that Xmas one.

We're all held captive
Out from the sun
Creed
My Own Prison

Old 01-07-2006, 11:37 PM
Former Member

Ok..dumb me...where are the glamor shots?
Old 01-08-2006, 12:57 AM

Quote:
Why does it matter? Once she crossed the line, that's all that matters. Stop hitting me, that's very rude
hahahahahahahahahah!

Well, if all you are interested in is the crime, I guess it does start and end there. It takes more to satisfy Goody though. i want to know why Darlie is different from us IF she is different from us. Like when I put down an Ann Rule book, I feel intellectually satisified, like one feels after a good meal. I can't leave this case until I get that feeling. I want to be satisfied not only that she is guilty (which I have no doubt) but that she is where she belongs, that the truth won't present a very sad portrait. I mean, I want to know if she is just some lowlife who selfishly killed her kids or if she was a lost soul or some misguided product of our materialistic society. Can you look at her life and actions before the murders and see her getting step by step closer to the tragedy? Goody wonders many, many things. And I am almost certain that I cannot die until I know. So I have to find out while still on this earthly plane. Still object?

Old 01-08-2006, 01:01 AM

Quote:
Ok..dumb me...where are the glamor shots?
The glamour shots are the portraits that Darin and Darlie had professionally made. I think you can find some of them at justicefordarlie.net.

I think beesy calls the photographs made at the prison glamour shots, but those are not professionally made pictures. Just someone with a camera, probably a guard, took those.

Old 01-08-2006, 01:55 AM
myspace.com/beesy_boo

Quote:
The glamour shots are the portraits that Darin and Darlie had professionally made. I think you can find some of them at justicefordarlie.net.

I think beesy calls the photographs made at the prison glamour shots, but those are not professionally made pictures. Just someone with a camera, probably a guard, took those.
No, I'm talking about the business called Glamour Shots, where regular people go and expect to be turned into movie stars. This place plasters on makeup and teases one's hair up to the sky and then you "strike a pose". I would hardly call these professional photos, although I guess officially they are. If you want to be turned into a caricature, then that's the place to go.
The photos at the prison are a whole different matter.

We're all held captive
Out from the sun
Creed
My Own Prison