Websleuths
Go Back   Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community > Current Events > Crimes in the News

Notices

Crimes in the News Read and comment about current crimes committed. Remember the copyright laws when posting news stories!

Old 01-23-2006, 02:00 PM
Former Member

Long Island Lolita reunion!

http://www.nbc4.tv/irresistible/6365457/detail.html
Old 01-23-2006, 02:21 PM
Former Member

Oh please.
Old 01-23-2006, 02:33 PM
Former Member

Wonder who's brilliant idea that was? Somebody must be out of money.....
Old 01-23-2006, 02:33 PM
Former Member

I want to say I'm not surprised, but I am. Why would these people intentionally bring their personal lives back into the spotlight??? I'm glad to hear that Mary Jo has divorced Buttafuaco. He is useless.
Old 01-23-2006, 03:24 PM

I agree, they must be broke. Besides, didn't Amy want privacy after all of this was over and she got out of jail? If I remember right she went so far as to change her name. Funny that should be posted b/c the movie with Alyssa Milano was on this weekend and I was thinking how Joey Buttafuco is so sleazy after I watched it.
Old 01-23-2006, 03:36 PM
Nana Extraordinaire

IMO, by calling this a "reunion", they are negating the seriousness of what happened. Why on earth would Mary B. agree to this? It would have to be money, I guess. He is a SLIMEBALL, IMO. I saw Amy on Oprah last year and I really didn't know what to think of her. It seemed she had grown up and realized her mistakes, but I was also saddened to see she wasn't begging for Mary B.'s forgiveness...but maybe that wasn't the time or place...who am I to say.

I'm not crazy, my reality is just different than yours.
Old 01-23-2006, 04:39 PM
Former Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by T'sNana
IMO, by calling this a "reunion", they are negating the seriousness of what happened. Why on earth would Mary B. agree to this? It would have to be money, I guess. He is a SLIMEBALL, IMO. I saw Amy on Oprah last year and I really didn't know what to think of her. It seemed she had grown up and realized her mistakes, but I was also saddened to see she wasn't begging for Mary B.'s forgiveness...but maybe that wasn't the time or place...who am I to say.
Joey is planning on asking Amy why she shot Mary Jo Well hello, why does he think she did, maybe bc he told her they couldn't be together becasue he was married, or maybe because he put her up to it. In any case, I'm sure they all want the money, what a bunch of trash, IMO!
Old 01-23-2006, 05:10 PM
Joy comes in the Morning

This Floors me, i just watched Mary Jo on Oprah not to long ago and she seemed like she wasnt trying to go around either one of them...And Joey, hes just a big meat head, i cant stand that man.....Amy, well thats another story...
Old 07-12-2006, 11:58 AM
Former Member

SAN FERNANDO, Calif. (AP) Joey Buttafuoco, who gained notoriety in the 1990s when his teenage girlfriend shot his wife in the face in New York, was sentenced to a year in jail Tuesday after pleading no contest to possessing ammunition as a felon.

Probation officers found the ammunition during a search of his home in Chatsworth last August.

Buttafuoco had been sentenced to a year in jail and five years' probation in March 2004 after pleading guilty to insurance fraud. Prosecutors said Buttafuoco, who co-owned an auto body shop in the San Fernando Valley, told undercover investigators how to file false claims and cheat insurance companies.

Buttafuoco, 50, was ordered to report to jail Nov. 1.

more:

http://www.courttv.com/people/2006/0...afuoco_ap.html