Websleuths
Go Back   Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community > Current Events > Up to the Minute

Notices

Up to the Minute Breaking news happening right now! (This is not for crime news. Please post breaking crime in the "Crimes in the News" forum).

Old 04-27-2006, 05:50 PM
Joy comes in the Morning

Amy Fisher

I know it wasnt all her fault with what happened, but how many different reasons of why she shot mary jo are we going to hear?http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories...MPLATE=DEFAULT
Old 04-27-2006, 06:01 PM
Have you ever thrown a fist full of glitter in the air?

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelle
I know it wasnt all her fault with what happened, but how many different reasons of why she shot mary jo are we going to hear?http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories...MPLATE=DEFAULT
i saw in that article where she said
The drug made her feel "stronger and confident," she says.

"Yea, ummm confident enough to go shoot a woman at her home ?

I dont like that this has only been 14 years and this girl is out free---

Mary Jo is a strong woman to have forgiven her-

I don't think i could live the rest of my life with a bullet in my head, and forgive the person who put it there-

I was glad to read Mary Jo did divorce Joey!

'I have found the paradox, that if you love until it hurts, there can be no more hurt, only more love' . Mother Teresa

Add me on Facebook: annie51467@yahoo.com
Old 04-27-2006, 06:07 PM
Joy comes in the Morning

I could not have been as forgiving as Mary Jo, but Amy needs to just be quiet now about it. Go on with her life, shes married with kids and leave it be. I think she wrote a book since she has been out too...
Old 04-27-2006, 06:10 PM
Have you ever thrown a fist full of glitter in the air?

Yeap, profiting off shooting a poor woman in the head ! She does need to be quiet, its like she wants to continue of 15 minutes of fame --SHAME!

'I have found the paradox, that if you love until it hurts, there can be no more hurt, only more love' . Mother Teresa

Add me on Facebook: annie51467@yahoo.com
Old 04-27-2006, 06:13 PM
Joy comes in the Morning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anniegirl
Yeap, profiting off shooting a poor woman in the head ! She does need to be quiet, its like she wants to continue of 15 minutes of fame --SHAME!
I agree, I mean what else does she want, shes lucky her butt isnt still sitting in jail!
Old 04-27-2006, 06:14 PM

I think it's bizarre she had plastic surgery so she'd be less recognizable. And, then she proceeded to write a book, go on Oprah, and give multiple interviews.

Beloved Taffy ~ June, 1994 - February 15, 2007.

...always in my heart...
Old 04-27-2006, 06:16 PM
Joy comes in the Morning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olivia77
I think it's bizarre she had plastic surgery so she'd be less recognizable. And, then she proceeded to write a book, go on Oprah, and give multiple interviews.
I know isnt that weird.....Duh, what was she thinking??
Old 04-27-2006, 06:22 PM
Banned

Amy was on " Insider" today. I watched it because I DID want to know what happened to the " Long Island Lolita" as she was called at the time.
She is very pretty now, and is apparently married to a successful and nice older man. It was mentioned that she has 2 children, has changed her name and her Social Security number.
( How did she manage to legally change her SS #?)

Did any of you see the interview?

I was surprised that she is as articulate as she is, has lost most of her very annoying accent, had very good plastic surgery, has children and a suburban homelife, and has written two books.
I suspect that a " tell all" bio is upcoming for her to do the segment on TV and to undergo hypnosis to uncover ?? something hidden??? or add sensationalism to the TV celeb. show.

She took full responsibility for shooting Mary Jo, says Joey was not a motivating factor, said she was high on drugs at the time, which I believe from the photos and remembering how she acted in video at the time. ( I'm sure a drug screening test was also done on her at the time of her arrest, so it's unlikely that she could lie about this successfully).

She also said that Joey didn't pimp her or get her into prostitution, and it seemed that the segment was heavily edited at that point. No elaboration was made about any prostitution or whether it actually occurred or not. There have been conflicting accounts of whether or not she was a suburban teenaged hooker too... I hope it was not true.

I hope she's turned things around and is living a normal healthy life now.
She served the sentence handed down, and 15 years have passed since the shooting. She's 31 years old and hopefully is a productive member of society.
I think she seemed remorseful over shooting Mary Jo, whether she was high at the time or not.

She did say that attempting to hide was a mistake she made shortly after she got out of prison, when she had the plastic surgery, changed her name legally and somehow managed to change her SS #.
She says she has had the chin implant removed and no longer uses the other name, but the side by side then and now photos definitely show a rhinoplasty and a chin implant. Maybe she had the chin implant removed and replaced with a different one?
In any case, she sounded normal for the first time, IMO.
Old 04-27-2006, 06:39 PM
Joy comes in the Morning

She did an interview on Oprah and talked about Joey and all, she made it sound like he did have a hand in it all. She took responsability too though, as she should! Also she had her hubby on there too and he is like 50. She was pregnant at the time I think on Oprah....Who knows about this girl...
Old 04-27-2006, 07:20 PM
Former Member

I'm sure she means she changed her SS# to match her name change - not that she got another number. When you leagally change your name, you can update your SS# as well - just like you would when you marry and change your name.
Old 04-27-2006, 08:13 PM

I had to watch it too. I am even more disheartened at the defense lawyer tactics employed in her case! I totally believed Joey had encouraged her to shoot his wife and pimped her out.

Stupid me!
Old 04-27-2006, 08:27 PM
Joy comes in the Morning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda7NJ
I had to watch it too. I am even more disheartened at the defense lawyer tactics employed in her case! I totally believed Joey had encouraged her to shoot his wife and pimped her out.

Stupid me!
Now I cant wait to watch it Monday when she is face to face with joey!
Old 04-27-2006, 09:11 PM
Former member

This chick seems to be a narcissist. How is she profiting from her BOOK??? Good lord.

GO AWAYYYYYYYYYYY AMY FAR FAR AWAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

SHUT UP AND BE HAPPY YOUR FREE.
Old 04-27-2006, 09:20 PM
Banned

This happened in my hometown. Joey was and is a womanizing creep who took advantage of a 16 year old girl. Although, I am not in any way condoning what Amy Fisher did, I still believe that she paid for her crime while he walked away with a slap on the wrist. He was in his mid 30's with 2 children of his own and should have known better. In my opinion, he is a major creep. I will not state any opinions about MaryJo because she was the victim in this crime. Let's just say that she knew and still knows that Joey is a sick puppy.
Amy had alot of emotional problems and was taken advantage of by her attorney and lacked support from her parents because they were clueless. She did her time enduring rape by prison guards and luckily came out remorseful for what she had done.
I agree with all who said she needs to now move on with her life, especially for the benefit of her 2 children.
Old 04-27-2006, 09:32 PM
Joy comes in the Morning

Quote:
Originally Posted by csds703
This happened in my hometown. Joey was and is a womanizing creep who took advantage of a 16 year old girl. Although, I am not in any way condoning what Amy Fisher did, I still believe that she paid for her crime while he walked away with a slap on the wrist. He was in his mid 30's with 2 children of his own and should have known better. In my opinion, he is a major creep. I will not state any opinions about MaryJo because she was the victim in this crime. Let's just say that she knew and still knows that Joey is a sick puppy.
Amy had alot of emotional problems and was taken advantage of by her attorney and lacked support from her parents because they were clueless. She did her time enduring rape by prison guards and luckily came out remorseful for what she had done.
I agree with all who said she needs to now move on with her life, especially for the benefit of her 2 children.
I agree that she was taken advantage of, but she still pulled the trigger and should be kissing Mary Jo's feet for her pleading on behalf for her to get out of jail early.
Old 04-27-2006, 09:38 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelle
I agree that she was taken advantage of, but she still pulled the trigger and should be kissing Mary Jo's feet for her pleading on behalf for her to get out of jail early.
Like I said earlier, I am NOT condoning what Amy did.
It just really makes me angry that a grown man had sex with a child and he walked away like nothing happened. To me, this is no different than the teachers being arrested for having sex with their students. As an adult, he committed a crime against a child. His subsequent record has spoken for itself.
He is pond scum.
Old 04-27-2006, 10:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by csds703
Like I said earlier, I am NOT condoning what Amy did.
It just really makes me angry that a grown man had sex with a child and he walked away like nothing happened. To me, this is no different than the teachers being arrested for having sex with their students. As an adult, he committed a crime against a child. His subsequent record has spoken for itself.
He is pond scum.
I completely agree. He is a digusting pig who absolutely knew better. The way Mary Jo defended him made me want to vomit. Her husband was a grown man who took advantage of an impressionable and dysfunctional young girl. HE is the one who brought Amy into their lives.

As for Amy, I wish she would just stay far away from the limelight and let this horrible story fade away. I feel badly for Mary Jo that Amy keeps receiving so much attention as it must make her constantly relive that nightmare.
Old 04-27-2006, 11:18 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masterj
I completely agree. He is a digusting pig who absolutely knew better. The way Mary Jo defended him made me want to vomit. Her husband was a grown man who took advantage of an impressionable and dysfunctional young girl. HE is the one who brought Amy into their lives.

As for Amy, I wish she would just stay far away from the limelight and let this horrible story fade away. I feel badly for Mary Jo that Amy keeps receiving so much attention as it must make her constantly relive that nightmare.
I think many people are interested in knowing what happened to Amy Fisher.
This is completely separate from Mary Jo Buttafucco's lifestyle and current situation. I would think that if Mary wants to be on TV, she will also have interviews granted and so forth.

IMO, Amy's story is now an inspiration for young teens who may have also be addicted to drugs or living an unhealthy lifestyle.
Her life story has gone from being absolutely dismal at the age of 16 years old with the worst life choices that she could possibly make to being good and happy, with 2 beautiful children and a loving husband.

Amy Fisher's name was poison, with good reason. The facts are:
She tried to murder an innocent woman. She was addicted to drugs. She was only 16 years old!!
She was having an affair with the woman's husband who was 20 years older. There may have been prostitution involved as well.

She was in prison for what? 6 years. She was SO ashamed of her actions that she changed her appearance, her name and didn't even want to be herself after she got out of prison. Now, she's speaking out as Amy Fisher, with her husband and her children's faces being shown. She has learned that what she WAS is not who she IS, and I applaud her for her personal and emotional growth.

I feel very sorry for Mary Jo and hope that her life is happy and free of Joey pondscum forever. But this does not negate the positive changes in Amy's life.
If the negatives could be tabloid fodder for months, even years, then why is she not entitled to tell about getting straight and making a good life for herself now?
I think her entire story is a very important message to teens and women everywhere who may be headed down the same slippery slope!!
There's also a message for men like cheating Joey Buttafucco in there too. He's a big fat old LOSER.
Old 04-28-2006, 10:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinkoflaura
She tried to murder an innocent woman. She was addicted to drugs. She was only 16 years old!!
She was having an affair with the woman's husband who was 20 years older. There may have been prostitution involved as well.
Exactly right. She was only 16 years old. The 30 year old man who ruined her teendom got a slap on the wrist. Was what she did wrong? Of COURSE. She realizes that and has done her time for it. That sleazy a$$ that took advantage of her is the one who should be ashamed.
Old 04-28-2006, 11:01 AM
Former Member

The whole situation is a tragedy, which I blame mainly on Joey. I think that he did want Mary Jo dead. Isn't she paralyzed on one side of her face now and has all sorts of health problems because of the shooting?

Didn't Joey get arrested not too long ago for insurance fraud or something? This guy is a crook, scumbag and general menace to society.

I saw Amy on television long ago and she appeared to have grown and changed. She certainly was a very troubled young woman. She is just lucky that Mary Jo didn't die because she would have spent the rest of her life in prison.

My wish is that Mary Jo, who finally divorced the scumbag, has moved on with her life and is happy.
Old 04-28-2006, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinkoflaura
I think many people are interested in knowing what happened to Amy Fisher.
This is completely separate from Mary Jo Buttafucco's lifestyle and current situation. I would think that if Mary wants to be on TV, she will also have interviews granted and so forth.

IMO, Amy's story is now an inspiration for young teens who may have also be addicted to drugs or living an unhealthy lifestyle.
Her life story has gone from being absolutely dismal at the age of 16 years old with the worst life choices that she could possibly make to being good and happy, with 2 beautiful children and a loving husband.

She was in prison for what? 6 years. She was SO ashamed of her actions that she changed her appearance, her name and didn't even want to be herself after she got out of prison. Now, she's speaking out as Amy Fisher, with her husband and her children's faces being shown. She has learned that what she WAS is not who she IS, and I applaud her for her personal and emotional growth.

I feel very sorry for Mary Jo and hope that her life is happy and free of Joey pondscum forever. But this does not negate the positive changes in Amy's life.
If the negatives could be tabloid fodder for months, even years, then why is she not entitled to tell about getting straight and making a good life for herself now?
I think her entire story is a very important message to teens and women everywhere who may be headed down the same slippery slope!!
There's also a message for men like cheating Joey Buttafucco in there too. He's a big fat old LOSER.
My sentiments exactly!
Old 06-01-2006, 05:34 AM
Joy comes in the Morning

I just found this link to the interview with Joey and Amy, it gets pretty heated. He is still denying he was involved in anything, LIAR!! http://www.gawker.com/news/amy-fishe...out-170614.php
Old 06-01-2006, 10:56 AM

This guy is scum. I'm not sure what Amy's motivation is, perhaps only to get him to admit his part in it. I can imagine her frustration - she's taken responsibility and ownership for her part and he's just blaming her for everything. Maybe her best bet at this point is just to walk away.
Old 06-01-2006, 10:57 AM
Joy comes in the Morning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hbgchick
This guy is scum. I'm not sure what Amy's motivation is, perhaps only to get him to admit his part in it. I can imagine her frustration - she's taken responsibility and ownership for her part and he's just blaming her for everything. Maybe her best bet at this point is just to walk away.
I like when she made a crack about him having a fat a$$ ..He will never confess to anything, he is in MAJOR denial....
Old 06-01-2006, 11:17 AM

I am going back to my original opinion that Amy Fisher needs to go away and stop seeking the limelight. I saw the interview with her, Mary Jo and Joey and it is obvious to me that she still hasn't FULLY accepted all of her responsibility for the incident. She had so much anger in her and only seemed to care about sticking it to Joey without any regard for Mary Jo, who IMO behaved like a class act in that interview. For once, I understood where Mary Jo was coming from when she said she couldn't harbor such anger for Joey because he is her children's father.

Additionally, the NY papers have reported police being called to Amy Fisher's home for domestic disturbances. In both cases, her new husband called the cops as she was out of control. I think Amy is a sad young woman, who needs to concentrate on therapy and moving on with her life.