Websleuths
Go Back   Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community > Missing!! > Missing but not forgotten Discussion > 2000's Missing

Notices

2000's Missing Persons missing between 2000-2009

Closed Thread

Old 02-08-2005, 11:45 AM
Retired WS Staff

NH - Maura Murray, 21, Haverhill, 9 Feb 2004 - #5

02-18-2004, 06:45 PM
Hammerized
Registered User Join Date: Aug 2003

Maura Murray, 21 (NH & MA)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Missing since 2/9 from northern NH:
http://www.spbowers.com/mauramissing.html

Missing woman's dad: Searchers waited
http://news.bostonherald.com/localR...eid=1989&format=

FBI offers to help search for missing woman in N.H.
http://news.bostonherald.com/localR...?articleid=2042
Old 02-08-2005, 11:45 AM
Retired WS Staff

NH-MA-Maura Murray, 21

02-18-2004, 06:45 PM
Hammerized
Registered User Join Date: Aug 2003

Maura Murray, 21 (NH & MA)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Missing since 2/9 from northern NH:
http://www.spbowers.com/mauramissing.html

Missing woman's dad: Searchers waited
http://news.bostonherald.com/localR...eid=1989&format=

FBI offers to help search for missing woman in N.H.
http://news.bostonherald.com/localR...?articleid=2042
Old 02-08-2005, 12:00 PM

I don't understand; where did the original thread go?
Old 02-08-2005, 12:00 PM

I don't understand; where did the original thread go?
Old 02-08-2005, 12:08 PM
Retired WS Staff

In an attempt to edit the thread, and move all discussion to the new discussion forum, the thread was accidently deleted. I apologize to all that had contributed to the discussion.

Please start a new thread on the discussion forum and keep this thread for news and information, as well as well wishes for the family.
Old 02-08-2005, 12:08 PM
Retired WS Staff

In an attempt to edit the thread, and move all discussion to the new discussion forum, the thread was accidently deleted. I apologize to all that had contributed to the discussion.

Please start a new thread on the discussion forum and keep this thread for news and information, as well as well wishes for the family.
Old 02-08-2005, 12:57 PM

Wow. That's really sad.

Here is the latest news:

http://www.teamamberalert.net/Califo...rticle&sid=155
Old 02-08-2005, 12:57 PM

Wow. That's really sad.

Here is the latest news:

http://www.teamamberalert.net/Califo...rticle&sid=155
Old 02-08-2005, 02:14 PM
Inactive

I've been following this case and reading websleuths for a while now but just signed up last night because I wanted to post to this thread. I must say, I am a little disappointed that the past history has been wiped out but I hope that people will begin again to post here, particularly where the 1 year anniversary is tomorrow. That's all for now.
Old 02-08-2005, 02:14 PM
Inactive

I've been following this case and reading websleuths for a while now but just signed up last night because I wanted to post to this thread. I must say, I am a little disappointed that the past history has been wiped out but I hope that people will begin again to post here, particularly where the 1 year anniversary is tomorrow. That's all for now.
Old 02-08-2005, 02:20 PM
Somedays your the windshield.........

Timex telephoned me this morning very upset when this happened. I accidently deleted an entire forum once when trying to move it. It is not an easy job and we all do the very best we can. I am hoping those who posted information posts have saved them and can repost them.

tybee
Ws Admin
Old 02-08-2005, 02:20 PM
Somedays your the windshield.........

Timex telephoned me this morning very upset when this happened. I accidently deleted an entire forum once when trying to move it. It is not an easy job and we all do the very best we can. I am hoping those who posted information posts have saved them and can repost them.

tybee
Ws Admin
Old 02-08-2005, 02:43 PM
Former Member

The entire thread was saved and zipped. I doubt anyone here will have time to re-post each individual post, as there were 500, BUT the family has access to the thread should they so desire it.

Important links will be re-posted as we have time.

Timex and tybee, thanks for all you do for us here.

With prayers of HOPE for Maura, Lanie
Old 02-08-2005, 02:43 PM
Former Member

The entire thread was saved and zipped. I doubt anyone here will have time to re-post each individual post, as there were 500, BUT the family has access to the thread should they so desire it.

Important links will be re-posted as we have time.

With prayers of HOPE for Maura, Lanie
Old 02-08-2005, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WasBlind
I second that; we're only human, right?
Old 02-08-2005, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WasBlind
Old 02-08-2005, 02:55 PM
Former Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandab

They volunteer to take the abuse

I just contacted Timex, and she's glad I have the thread saved.
This is really not a problem.

Stuff can be replaced, people can't. That's what this work reminds me, daily.

God bless you, Amanda. Thanks for all your help for the families.
With HOPE, Lanie
Old 02-08-2005, 02:55 PM
Former Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandab

They volunteer to take the abuse

I just contacted Timex, and she's glad I have the thread saved.
This is really not a problem.

Stuff can be replaced, people can't. That's what this work reminds me, daily.

God bless you, Amanda. Thanks for all your help for the families.
With HOPE, Lanie
Old 02-08-2005, 03:01 PM
Former Member

Maura's NCMA profile

Maura's printable poster

Maura on Rino Kids

A lot of her news stories are linked on Rino Kids!!
Thanks to the Rineharts for all their hard work for the missing, lost and abducted.
Old 02-08-2005, 03:01 PM
Former Member

Maura's NCMA profile

Maura's printable poster

Maura on Rino Kids

A lot of her news stories are linked on Rino Kids!!
Thanks to the Rineharts for all their hard work for the missing, lost and abducted.
Old 02-08-2005, 10:56 PM

Tomorrow Maura will have been missing one year. The following is part of a post I made last week it is posted on www.Mauramurray.com. I've never met Maura...I think her smile got me. I've put the last sentence as this was posted first. It is a very poignant sentiment:

"If you wanted to make a person, you would make her just like her." said Katie Jones another close friend of Maura’s since grade school.

Twenty-one year old Maura Murray went missing on Monday, February 9th 2004. She has had an especially close relationship with her father, Fred Murray. Maura’s immediate family also consists of her mother, Laurie Murray, and her siblings: Freddie, Kathleen, Julie and Kurtis. Maura had been dating William Joseph Rausch, a lieutenant in the U.S. Army.

Maura and Billy met at the United States Military Academy at West Point where she was a cadet from June 2000 through mid-January 2001. They started dating in the fall of 2001. Although Billy had not yet given Maura her diamond, they were openly making plans to be married after she graduated in 2005. Maura had made arrangements in January 2004 to be employed for the summer of 2004 at a hospital near where Billy is stationed.

Maura has been both an outstanding student and athlete. She had scored 1420 on her SAT (740 in Math) and had been majoring in Chemical Engineering at West Point when she transferred to UMass in late January 2002. Maura continued her pursuit of Chemical Engineering Degree through her first two semesters at UMass until she decided she would rather be in the medical field.

Maura had been recruited by many schools to run track and cross country. She competed in Track and Cross Country for both West Point and UMass Amherst until the fall of 2003. Weather was not a consideration for Maura and her love of running. She ran no less than 5-6 miles each day. She was dedicated to daily running in spite of hot or cold temps, rain or snow. Maura routinely ran 5 kilometers in just over 18minutes, and still holds competitive both Track and Cross Country records. Tom Zamagni, one of her soccer and basketball coaches when she was in elementary school,l said that when Maura Murray broke the girl's two-mile track record at Whitman-Hanson High School, she did so by 40 seconds. The record still stands.

As a freshman, she played point guard on the girls' varsity basketball team and was a good softball pitcher. Her father Fred, who coached her in youth sports, said that her best sport was soccer.

Although she later concentrated on track, she could have starred in other sports as well, Zamagni said. "She was incredible — a great athlete," he said.

Maura also loved to camp and hike. Her favorite camping and vacation spot is in the White Mountains of New Hampshire. Her father had been taking her there since she was a small child. Fred, Maura and Billy had spent a vacation together in the White Mountains in July of 2003.

In May, we celebrated Maura’s 22nd birthday without her. A ‘Circle of Hope’ was held by Fred Murray’s family and friends in Weymouth, MA. Laurie Murray’s brother, Ricky, family and friends met in their ‘Circle of Hope’ in Yankton, SD. Maura’s sister Julie and Maura’s boyfriend Bill Rausch, both lieutenants in the army, joined in their ‘Circle of Hope’ at their respective army posts. In Ohio, Bill’s parents Bill and Sharon Rausch invited their family along with friends of Maura for a ‘Circle of Hope’ at their home. The UMass Track Team also met in a ‘Circle of Hope’ while participating in The Atlantic 10 Track Meet in Richmond, VA. Maura’s other family and friends met in their “Circle of Hope” at The Whitman-Hanson High School Track in Hanson, MA.

"We've known her so long; we could talk about her for hours. In our group, she was the funny one, the adventurous one, the athletic one. She took all the roles." said Liz Drewniak, a best friend since elementary school.

"She was incredible — a great athlete," Tom Zamagni said.

"If you wanted to make a person, you would make her just like her." said Katie Jones another close friend of Maura’s since grade school.

www.MAURAMURRAYMISSING.com
Old 02-08-2005, 10:56 PM

Tomorrow Maura will have been missing one year. The following is part of a post I made last week it is posted on www.Mauramurray.com. I've never met Maura...I think her smile got me. I've put the last sentence as this was posted first. It is a very poignant sentiment:

Twenty-one year old Maura Murray went missing on Monday, February 9th 2004. She has had an especially close relationship with her father, Fred Murray. Maura’s immediate family also consists of her mother, Laurie Murray, and her siblings: Freddie, Kathleen, Julie and Kurtis. Maura had been dating William Joseph Rausch, a lieutenant in the U.S. Army.

Maura and Billy met at the United States Military Academy at West Point where she was a cadet from June 2000 through mid-January 2001. They started dating in the fall of 2001. Although Billy had not yet given Maura her diamond, they were openly making plans to be married after she graduated in 2005. Maura had made arrangements in January 2004 to be employed for the summer of 2004 at a hospital near where Billy is stationed.

Maura has been both an outstanding student and athlete. She had scored 1420 on her SAT (740 in Math) and had been majoring in Chemical Engineering at West Point when she transferred to UMass in late January 2002. Maura continued her pursuit of Chemical Engineering Degree through her first two semesters at UMass until she decided she would rather be in the medical field.

Maura had been recruited by many schools to run track and cross country. She competed in Track and Cross Country for both West Point and UMass Amherst until the fall of 2003. Weather was not a consideration for Maura and her love of running. She ran no less than 5-6 miles each day. She was dedicated to daily running in spite of hot or cold temps, rain or snow. Maura routinely ran 5 kilometers in just over 18minutes, and still holds competitive both Track and Cross Country records. Tom Zamagni, one of her soccer and basketball coaches when she was in elementary school,l said that when Maura Murray broke the girl's two-mile track record at Whitman-Hanson High School, she did so by 40 seconds. The record still stands.

As a freshman, she played point guard on the girls' varsity basketball team and was a good softball pitcher. Her father Fred, who coached her in youth sports, said that her best sport was soccer.

Although she later concentrated on track, she could have starred in other sports as well, Zamagni said. "She was incredible — a great athlete," he said.

Maura also loved to camp and hike. Her favorite camping and vacation spot is in the White Mountains of New Hampshire. Her father had been taking her there since she was a small child. Fred, Maura and Billy had spent a vacation together in the White Mountains in July of 2003.

In May, we celebrated Maura’s 22nd birthday without her. A ‘Circle of Hope’ was held by Fred Murray’s family and friends in Weymouth, MA. Laurie Murray’s brother, Ricky, family and friends met in their ‘Circle of Hope’ in Yankton, SD. Maura’s sister Julie and Maura’s boyfriend Bill Rausch, both lieutenants in the army, joined in their ‘Circle of Hope’ at their respective army posts. In Ohio, Bill’s parents Bill and Sharon Rausch invited their family along with friends of Maura for a ‘Circle of Hope’ at their home. The UMass Track Team also met in a ‘Circle of Hope’ while participating in The Atlantic 10 Track Meet in Richmond, VA. Maura’s other family and friends met in their “Circle of Hope” at The Whitman-Hanson High School Track in Hanson, MA.

"We've known her so long; we could talk about her for hours. In our group, she was the funny one, the adventurous one, the athletic one. She took all the roles." said Liz Drewniak, a best friend since elementary school.

"She was incredible — a great athlete," Tom Zamagni said.

www.MAURAMURRAYMISSING.com
Old 02-09-2005, 08:28 AM
UK GIRL

Poor Maura. I read in an article on her website that her mother now has throat cancer as well. It seems incredible to me that it's been a whole year since she vanished........... I have followed her bright smile from the very beginining. I hope Maura is brought home safe and well soon and I, for one will spare a thought for her and her family today, of all days.....
Old 02-09-2005, 08:28 AM
UK GIRL

Poor Maura. I read in an article on her website that her mother now has throat cancer as well. It seems incredible to me that it's been a whole year since she vanished........... I have followed her bright smile from the very beginining. I hope Maura is brought home safe and well soon and I, for one will spare a thought for her and her family today, of all days.....
Old 02-09-2005, 12:10 PM
Founder, Project Jason

Our thoughts and prayers are with Maura and her family and friends today. A candle burns in our hearts for you forever, Maura.

A fairly complete listing of all news stories and family requests in regards to Maura can be found here:

Project Jason Forum

With Hope,
Kelly Jolkowski, Mother of Missing Jason Jolkowski
President and Founder,
Project Jason
www.projectjason.org
Closed Thread