Websleuths
Go Back   Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community > Missing!! > Located Forum Discussion

Notices

Located Forum Discussion Discussion for those who were missing and are now located

Old 01-25-2014, 07:44 PM
Verified RN (Pediatrics Specialty)

PBuck- I hope you have your answer soon.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...annon+sherrill
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to meanmaryjean For This Useful Post:
Old 01-26-2014, 12:54 PM

Here is Paulette's NamUs profile:

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/825/0/
For I the Lord thy God will hold they right hand, saying unto thee, Fear not; I will help thee. ~Is 41:13
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Houston Mom For This Useful Post:
Old 01-27-2014, 01:11 AM

How did you happen to connect the two cases? I'm calling it a Miracle you did! Can't thank you enough...
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Pbuck For This Useful Post:
Old 01-27-2014, 08:13 AM

Houstonmom is one smart cookie!
I hope you have your answers soon Pbuck, please keep us updated!!

"I am with you and will watch over you wherever you go, and I will bring you back to this land. I will not leave you until I have done what I have promised you." Genesis 28:15
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Lyssav For This Useful Post:
Old 01-27-2014, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pbuck View Post
How did you happen to connect the two cases? I'm calling it a Miracle you did! Can't thank you enough...
I'm trying to work my way through the Harris County Unidentified list. I just put the stats in NamUs and Paulette's name was on the list. When it was said she was travelling between AZ and FL; and she was carrying a duffle bag, I said "Eureka!" Have you received official notification??? Is it definite??

I do walk with God and I am sure He has led me to this hobby. Just knowing that you sister has found her way home and your questions are now answered fills my heart with joy.

For I the Lord thy God will hold they right hand, saying unto thee, Fear not; I will help thee. ~Is 41:13
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Houston Mom For This Useful Post:
Old 01-27-2014, 09:32 AM

I'm expecting a call from Dr. D. in about a half hour...will know then if they've compared the dentals... thanks for your prayers!
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Pbuck For This Useful Post:
Old 01-27-2014, 10:32 AM

Houston Mom

I am a reporter for MLive Media Group and The Flint (Mi.) Journal who has written multiple stories about Paulette Jaster's disappearance and her family's search to discover what happened to her.
I would like to talk to you about what looks like a resolution of this case.
Paulette's sister Peg contacted me about the latest developments. Can you call me at 810-347-9963 to talk about this?
Thank-you
Ron Fonger
rfonger1@mlive.com
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to RonFonger For This Useful Post:
Old 01-27-2014, 07:34 PM

Article from The Flint Journal:

http://www.mlive.com/news/flint/inde...l#incart_river
The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to Houston Mom For This Useful Post:
Old 01-27-2014, 09:23 PM
WS Administrator

You guys Rock! So proud of you all!

Salem
Old 01-27-2014, 10:16 PM

Amazing!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pseudonymph For This Useful Post:
Old 01-27-2014, 10:41 PM

ALL our family believes we have found Paulette in the NamUs case #4641. However, the dental comparison was "inconclusive", so we must wait for Dr. D's justification for positive ID to be reviewed and determined sufficient per their "scientific proof" criteria. If not, we'll have to wait six months (?) for DNA to be compared. Please pray for us!
Thank you
The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to Pbuck For This Useful Post:
Old 01-27-2014, 10:54 PM

I fail at words. But you got it! In between the honks to a kleenex as I read this thread earlier today.

I tagged mlive's archives to catch up on the history. Can't imagine how you feel so close, and yet must.wait.a little longer.

*hugs
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to KateB For This Useful Post:
Old 01-27-2014, 11:09 PM

Absolutely amazing.

Pbuck I am glad that you and your family are getting resolution to Paulette's disappearance, even if it's under these circumstances.

I am honored to be among you wonderful Sleuthers, working hard and giving people back their names. You rock!

- My pet cases -

Andrew, Alexander and Tanner Skelton - Aliayah Lunsford - Jhessye Shockley - Travis Alexander - Jonathan Foster - Sky Metalwala - Alivia Kail - Bethany Decker - Sherry Leighty - Caylee Anthony - Jennifer Daugherty
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to coeurfragile For This Useful Post:
Old 01-28-2014, 05:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pbuck View Post
ALL our family believes we have found Paulette in the NamUs case #4641. However, the dental comparison was "inconclusive", so we must wait for Dr. D's justification for positive ID to be reviewed and determined sufficient per their "scientific proof" criteria. If not, we'll have to wait six months (?) for DNA to be compared. Please pray for us!
Thank you
Thanks for the update Pbuck!! Let's pray you don't have to wait 6 months. I wonder if her duffle bag is still around. Maybe there is a hairbrush or toothbrush from which they could get DNA?
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Houston Mom For This Useful Post:
Old 01-28-2014, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Houston Mom View Post
Thanks for the update Pbuck!! Let's pray you don't have to wait 6 months. I wonder if her duffle bag is still around. Maybe there is a hairbrush or toothbrush from which they could get DNA?
Wow, 6 months is a long wait, hopefully that is an overestimate. If there is a tooth brush or hair brush in the duffel bag, it likely won't contain any DNA, as like any DNA it has to be preserved. I mentioned to Dr. D that we cut my daughters pony tail years ago an I decided to save it in case I ever needed it, she pointed out that it wouldn't help much as when they test hair for DNA they need a strand of hair with the root still connected. Michelle Garveys DNA was compared fairly quick, I hope the same for paulette.

God bless PBuck!

"I am with you and will watch over you wherever you go, and I will bring you back to this land. I will not leave you until I have done what I have promised you." Genesis 28:15
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Lyssav For This Useful Post:
Old 01-28-2014, 11:59 AM

To Houston Mom: Dr. D is looking for the duffle bag. Perhaps it will have clues to why Paulette didn't have any ID on her person. Is there any way to find out how long the NamUs UID site had been posted? Seems it might be a recent addition? Strange that on 1/13 there were no images, then on 1/16 there was an artist's sketch, then finally the autopsy photo... I would like to understand. Thanks for contacting Ron Fonger...he has been a real friend in keeping Paulette's story refreshed through the years.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Pbuck For This Useful Post:
Old 01-28-2014, 01:50 PM

The NamUs file says it was created in Oct '08, but that doesn't necessarily mean in went "on line" on that day. NamUs wasn't fully functional till '09.

https://www.findthemissing.org/docum...Background.pdf

The sketch and later photo were the result of Dr. D's fancy footwork to get this case solved!!

I'm noticing that many sketches and photos are being added to the many missing. I think, and this is my opinion, LE, ME and whoever else is in charge, are learning the value of the publics help and social media. There are just so many missing and so much work to do.
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Houston Mom For This Useful Post:
Old 01-29-2014, 01:38 AM

Woo Hoo Dr. D! Thanks for the link, Houston Mom.
The Following User Says Thank You to Pbuck For This Useful Post:
Old 01-29-2014, 06:17 PM

HMMM... DNA extracted from toothbrush, hairbrush.

http://www.knoxnews.com/news/2013/ja...t-for-missing/
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Houston Mom For This Useful Post:
Old 01-29-2014, 09:21 PM

Wonder if they found the duffel bag yet. I read that article you posted, interesting.
I also did some reading about extracting DNA from a tooth brush, if she has one in the bag(fingers crossed) they might be able to pull some DNA from it. As long as wherever it has been stored is/was a proper environment..houstonmom you know how hot and humid it gets down here, hope to hear some news soon!

Sending thoughts and prayers your way PBuck

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lyssav For This Useful Post:
Old 01-29-2014, 11:34 PM

Hello, Houston Mom. Well, it's "official"... Dr. D called me this afternoon and the ME declared it a positive ID. My dear sister Paulette Jaster has been "found" after 34 years of being a Missing Person. Yes, the hit & run is sad, but it answers so many questions for our family and her friends. We are grateful to this forum and all who continue the work. By the way, Dr. D told me, "If Houston Mom hadn't pointed it out, who knows how long it might have taken to come up with the match." She credits you with solving this case, and I agree. But let's give God thanks for His hand in it, and for answering our prayers, in His way and His time. Blessings to all, NEVER GIVE UP! Peg
Old 01-30-2014, 11:18 AM

Missing Mich. woman who died in Texas identified

http://www.burlesonstar.net/texasnews/ci_25026741
No temptation has overtaken you except what is common to mankind. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can endure it. - 1 Corinthians 10:13 (NIV)

We are all one poor choice from being a subject on this forum. Think twice.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to mikkismom For This Useful Post:
Old 01-30-2014, 11:30 AM

Texas officials tell police body of hit-and-run victim is Davison's Paulette Jaster

http://www.mlive.com/news/flint/inde..._in_texas.html

Mentions websleuths! Great job! Pbuck - glad you found your sister.
No temptation has overtaken you except what is common to mankind. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can endure it. - 1 Corinthians 10:13 (NIV)

We are all one poor choice from being a subject on this forum. Think twice.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to mikkismom For This Useful Post:
Old 01-30-2014, 01:10 PM
WS Administrator

I just heard the news and I want to say how very, very proud Websleuths is of all of you!

This will put a "solved" in front of two of our cases, but more importantly, this will help a family to know what happened to their love one and will give Paulette her name back.

I just can't say that enough.

Salem
Old 01-30-2014, 01:25 PM
WS Super Moderator

Oh my Gosh! You guys are fantastic!!! Thank you all for your dedication and hard work here!

and what Salem said...

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to imamaze For This Useful Post: