Websleuths
Go Back   Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community > Current Events > Crimes in the News

Notices

Crimes in the News Read and comment about current crimes committed. Remember the copyright laws when posting news stories!

Old 07-07-2006, 10:55 PM

Gilroy man arrested for attempted rape of 12-year-old girl

A Gilroy man will be arraigned this afternoon on charges that he attempted to rape a 12-year-old girl at her house in unincorporated Gilroy last week.
http://tinyurl.com/q2cwh

Just look at the guy...looks alone ought to be reason enough to put him away forever!
Old 07-07-2006, 11:14 PM
The Pro you love to hate most

Quote:
Originally Posted by cathieq
A Gilroy man will be arraigned this afternoon on charges that he attempted to rape a 12-year-old girl at her house in unincorporated Gilroy last week.
http://tinyurl.com/q2cwh

Just look at the guy...looks alone ought to be reason enough to put him away forever!
I think part of those looks is the result of hi resisting arrest.I have to say though that after reading everything he is charged with,a bullet hole between his eyes would have been a much more desireable result of said reistance.
Old 07-08-2006, 07:47 AM

He faces charges of attempted rape, oral copulation with a person under 14, sexual penetration by a foreign object, resisting arrest and residential burglary, Palanov said. If convicted, he could be sentenced to 80 years to life in prison.

I hope he gets life!! If not he'll be doing it again, monsters like this don't stop, he'd just kill his victim next time so she couldn't tell. IMO

Old Broad
Old 07-08-2006, 09:49 AM
I love Elvis!

You said it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Broad
I hope he gets life!! If not he'll be doing it again, monsters like this don't stop, he'd just kill his victim next time so she couldn't tell. IMO

Old Broad
I agree, 100%
Old 07-08-2006, 10:33 AM

Thank goodness the friend called the police! And that the police followed up on a hang-up call! I am hoping his looks are at least in part a result of the girl herself fighting him off!!!! It makes me sad she thought to call a friend before calling the police herself; it shows how very young she is and how confused she must have been. I wonder, too, given that he was a family "friend" if he would have stopped at rape or gone on to detroy the evidence?! Sick man; put him away for life!!!
Old 07-08-2006, 06:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheromom
Thank goodness the friend called the police! And that the police followed up on a hang-up call! I am hoping his looks are at least in part a result of the girl herself fighting him off!!!! It makes me sad she thought to call a friend before calling the police herself; it shows how very young she is and how confused she must have been. I wonder, too, given that he was a family "friend" if he would have stopped at rape or gone on to detroy the evidence?! Sick man; put him away for life!!!
What a MONSTER! He just LOOKS scary, but according to the allegations, it's not just looks! Ugh!

Sheromom: I too am so thankful that the dispatcher followed protocol and sent a police car to the house of the hangup call from the friend. Who knows if the poor 12 year old girl would have reported the man on her own. So many rape victims don't report it.... let alone 12 year old's.

Thankfully, she called a friend to tell, and the friend did the right thing. This is really a good result, especially that the police went to his residence after the hangup call.

I agree with proadvocate, a bullet would have been better than a few scratches.... this guy needs to go away forever. If he gets 80 years, and he's 36 now, if he serves the majority of the 80 years before he's paroled, he will at least be a very old man if he ever gets out.
Old 07-09-2006, 01:30 AM

This is crazy, I live in Gilroy and didn't see this in our local newspaper. It's jerks like this that make me watch my daughters like a hawk. I'm going to call the Gilroy Dispatch on Monday and asked them to start reporting some real news.

Last edited by Polynomial; 07-09-2006 at 01:31 AM. Reason: spellcheck
Old 07-09-2006, 02:35 AM

To bad he didn't resist to the point of LE shooting him. This one deserves to die.
Old 07-10-2006, 01:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polynomial
This is crazy, I live in Gilroy and didn't see this in our local newspaper. It's jerks like this that make me watch my daughters like a hawk. I'm going to call the Gilroy Dispatch on Monday and asked them to start reporting some real news.
My goodness!!! Yes, this should definitely be a case in the spotlight!!! Every warning and reminder we can give to kids and their parents is so important.