Websleuths
Go Back   Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community > Current Events > Crimes in the News

Notices

Crimes in the News Read and comment about current crimes committed. Remember the copyright laws when posting news stories!

Old 01-15-2004, 02:29 PM
Inactive

Mother of 2 killed in her home

http://www.sptimes.com/2004/01/13/No...inal_act.shtml

In the face of a brutal attack in her Safety Harbor home, the woman told her two young boys to hide from the intruder.

This happened just a few blocks from me and I am shocked.
Old 01-15-2004, 03:38 PM
Former Member

Unhappy

That is so sad. Please keep us updated on the investigation. Why would someone do such a horrible thing?? Sick, sick, sick.
Old 01-15-2004, 03:47 PM

Soloflyer thanks for providing us with this information. I imagine you are feeling very uncomfortable if this happened so near your home. Hopefully the police will be able to find out who did this very soon! Did you know this woman? Such a brutal crime! So very thankful the kids didn't get hurt physically, but sure they will require extensive psychological counselling in the future. Please keep us updated!
Old 01-15-2004, 03:56 PM
Banned

that is awful. She sounds like a really sweet and caring woman who loved her children to the end. No doubt she saved their lives. And thanks to the quick thinking of the bf whom also made have saved those children.
I hope that catch the coward soon...
Old 01-15-2004, 03:58 PM

I feel the same way as the ex-husband, sick to my stomache. What kind of world are we living in today? Crime is just getting more and more violent and sick. Sometimes I just feel like I can't take it anymore. Maybe I need to take a break from reading so many unhappy stories.
Old 01-15-2004, 04:35 PM
Inactive

No I do not know her. She has not lived here too long from what I have learned. But, I think her exhusband's father is an escaped felon with attempted murder convictions. I am not sure it is the ex father-in-law but the name is the same and the his conviction was one county North (but we live at the north end of Pinellas county). It appears that the husband has remarried possibly because he and another female (with his last name)recently bought a home.

Our newspaper may have won some awards years ago but the truth is, it stinks! They rarely cover crime. The front page is always Bush bashing and liberal rhetoric. The whole paper reads like the "official" liberal view of the world. Man I wish we had a real newspaper that just printed the news.