Websleuths
Go Back   Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community > Missing!! > Missing but not forgotten Discussion > Anna Christian Waters > Anna Christian Waters Discussion Threads

Notices

Anna Christian Waters Discussion Threads Archive for previous discussions about Anna.


 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #176  
Old 07-05-2007, 12:43 AM
kyresearcher kyresearcher is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 140
Video

Gina, you did a beautiful job with the video, I just love looking at the farm and the pictures of little Anna are so precious. Hopefully she is out there somewhere and sees the pictures of the farm, it would surely bring back memories of living there.
  #177  
Old 07-05-2007, 11:20 AM
Dr. Doogie Dr. Doogie is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Northern California
Posts: 2,431
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annasmom View Post
My antique computer won't play it. I know. Time to get a newer one.
It probably isn't your computer - it most likely is your dial-up connection. I have dial up also (as compared to DSL or cable) and cannot access YouTube either.

Then again, it may be that I am using a Commodore 64 computer...
__________________
drdoogief@comcast.net
www.searchingforanna.com

Order the book "Searching For Anna" directly from http://www.lulu.com/content/2005085
  #178  
Old 07-05-2007, 11:51 AM
GraceBlue GraceBlue is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 357
Wow Gina! I love the video! Great job!!!
  #179  
Old 07-05-2007, 12:44 PM
Jodibug Jodibug is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 813
I cannot access YouTube at work.... but I will try and remember to watch when I get home!
  #180  
Old 07-05-2007, 05:50 PM
Annasbro Annasbro is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 57
You Tube

Wow! that is a very nice video. Thanks for putting it together. I think it does a great job of pulling the images and story together in a succinct and captivating way. Good Work!
  #181  
Old 07-06-2007, 09:36 PM
Gina_M's Avatar
Gina_M Gina_M is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Phoenixville, PA
Posts: 1,606
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annasbro View Post
Wow! that is a very nice video. Thanks for putting it together. I think it does a great job of pulling the images and story together in a succinct and captivating way. Good Work!
Thank you Annasbro and everyone else who liked the video. I'm working on another one which will go more into detail on the main theories of what happened to Anna.
  #182  
Old 07-06-2007, 10:10 PM
annemc2's Avatar
annemc2 annemc2 is offline
who is Sharon Marshall?
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 1,442
Awwww - that was a beautiful video with great information!!

And thanks for using such great music, and not a cheesy tearjerker (jmho)!!
  #183  
Old 07-09-2007, 08:30 PM
Gina_M's Avatar
Gina_M Gina_M is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Phoenixville, PA
Posts: 1,606
Quote:
Originally Posted by annemc2 View Post
Awwww - that was a beautiful video with great information!!

And thanks for using such great music, and not a cheesy tearjerker (jmho)!!
Thanks! LOL about the music...I felt "Here Comes the Sun" was an obvious choice for the first one. For the second one, I wanted something different, but it took awhile to find something that fit! Finally finished the second one late last night. It's now up at:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2g5BHNSEGYo
  #184  
Old 07-10-2007, 03:39 PM
annemc2's Avatar
annemc2 annemc2 is offline
who is Sharon Marshall?
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 1,442
Again, nicely done Gina! You have a real talent for this. The story was succinct, but detailed enough to get the main story out there.

I love how the photos have the little tabs on the corners to make it look like a photo album. The music is perfect, too. I hope these great videos get seen by many. Yay Gina!
  #185  
Old 07-10-2007, 06:41 PM
Gina_M's Avatar
Gina_M Gina_M is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Phoenixville, PA
Posts: 1,606
Thanks! I downloaded the "photo album" format and thought I'd try it - it's great because the words and pictures don't interfere with each other - but you can only fit so many characters on a page that way. So I alternated the photos with blank screens of text. It was hard to summarize the story of the Georges because it is so complicated! That's why I went with an instrumental for the music - anything with lyrics was distracting from reading the text. Anyway, glad you liked it. I hope it helps get the info about the case out there.
  #186  
Old 07-10-2007, 10:53 PM
skywatchn skywatchn is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 18
An excellent job on the videos Gina. What a great gift you have shared in this search for Anna.
  #187  
Old 08-11-2007, 01:27 AM
SherlockJr SherlockJr is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 762
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gina_M View Post
Thanks! I downloaded the "photo album" format and thought I'd try it - it's great because the words and pictures don't interfere with each other - but you can only fit so many characters on a page that way. So I alternated the photos with blank screens of text. It was hard to summarize the story of the Georges because it is so complicated! That's why I went with an instrumental for the music - anything with lyrics was distracting from reading the text. Anyway, glad you liked it. I hope it helps get the info about the case out there.

Gina, check this out! Can you see if they will include Anna's video?

http://www.youtube.com/dontyouforgetaboutme
  #188  
Old 08-15-2007, 01:47 AM
Gina_M's Avatar
Gina_M Gina_M is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Phoenixville, PA
Posts: 1,606
Quote:
Originally Posted by SherlockJr View Post
Gina, check this out! Can you see if they will include Anna's video?

http://www.youtube.com/dontyouforgetaboutme
Thanks Sherlock! I will check it out
  #189  
Old 08-31-2007, 07:28 PM
Gina_M's Avatar
Gina_M Gina_M is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Phoenixville, PA
Posts: 1,606
I've been looking over the requirements for submitting a video to the ICMEC for their YouTube site. Seems they prefer it to be submitted by a parent or guardian (or "designated representative"). There are 3 different forms to fill out - one electronically, and two pdf files to be printed out and signed. The pdfs have language in them about being the parent and/or guardian of the child. I'd be glad to fill them out, but perhaps it would be better if they were filled out by someone from Anna's family? Just let me know the best way to proceed, and I'll make sure the video gets sent to them.

Here is the page with the requirements:

http://www.icmec.org/missingkids/ser...X1&PageId=3326
  #190  
Old 08-31-2007, 09:46 PM
Annasmom Annasmom is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 1,677
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gina_M View Post
I've been looking over the requirements for submitting a video to the ICMEC for their YouTube site. Seems they prefer it to be submitted by a parent or guardian (or "designated representative"). There are 3 different forms to fill out - one electronically, and two pdf files to be printed out and signed. The pdfs have language in them about being the parent and/or guardian of the child. I'd be glad to fill them out, but perhaps it would be better if they were filled out by someone from Anna's family? Just let me know the best way to proceed, and I'll make sure the video gets sent to them.

Here is the page with the requirements:

http://www.icmec.org/missingkids/ser...X1&PageId=3326
Gina, I filled out the electronic submission form and printed out the other forms to be mailed tomorrow. The responded right away, saying they would verify the information, and said "Please submit your video to video@icmec.org using YouSendIt.com, a free file-sharing service; or send a hard copy of the video to (address on their link). So I guess it's OK to go ahead pending their verification and receipt of the releases. I really appreciate your looking into this.
  #191  
Old 08-31-2007, 10:30 PM
Annasmom Annasmom is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 1,677
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annasmom View Post
Gina, I filled out the electronic submission form and printed out the other forms to be mailed tomorrow. The responded right away, saying they would verify the information, and said "Please submit your video to video@icmec.org using YouSendIt.com, a free file-sharing service; or send a hard copy of the video to (address on their link). So I guess it's OK to go ahead pending their verification and receipt of the releases. I really appreciate your looking into this.
Gina, it looks as if the person filling out the electronic submission form has to send the video, so I'll see if I can copy the one you sent me and mail it tomorrow with the other forms. You know, I didn't even ask if it was OK with you for us to do this....after all, it is YOUR work.
  #192  
Old 09-01-2007, 10:09 AM
Annasmom Annasmom is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 1,677
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gina_M View Post
I've been looking over the requirements for submitting a video to the ICMEC for their YouTube site. Seems they prefer it to be submitted by a parent or guardian (or "designated representative"). There are 3 different forms to fill out - one electronically, and two pdf files to be printed out and signed. The pdfs have language in them about being the parent and/or guardian of the child. I'd be glad to fill them out, but perhaps it would be better if they were filled out by someone from Anna's family? Just let me know the best way to proceed, and I'll make sure the video gets sent to them.

Here is the page with the requirements:

http://www.icmec.org/missingkids/ser...X1&PageId=3326
I can't figure out how to copy the DVD. I'll go ahead and send the required forms and hope they'll let you send the video.
  #193  
Old 09-04-2007, 09:22 AM
Gina_M's Avatar
Gina_M Gina_M is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Phoenixville, PA
Posts: 1,606
Annasmom, I submitted the video via YouSendIt. I think it's okay that it's coming from my email address. Oh and of course it's okay with me...this video is my gift to you and Anna
  #194  
Old 09-14-2007, 08:46 PM
Gina_M's Avatar
Gina_M Gina_M is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Phoenixville, PA
Posts: 1,606
I check the ICMEC's YouTube channel periodically...so far, Anna's video is not up there. The YouSendIt link, which I used to send them the video, expires after a week and I'm not sure if there's a way to find out if they downloaded it during that time. I guess we can assume they downloaded it and are still verifying the info.

I put together another (shorter) video last night to get Anna's High School age progression out on YouTube. I chose a song for it that would have been popular while Anna was in high school ("Lucky Star" by Madonna). I wasn't sure if it fit the video but...I know I get really nostalgic about songs from my high school days! It might trigger a memory in someone who went to school with Anna. Or in Anna herself!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6bYCR-32eHw
  #195  
Old 09-15-2007, 01:58 AM
Annasmom Annasmom is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 1,677
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gina_M View Post
I check the ICMEC's YouTube channel periodically...so far, Anna's video is not up there. The YouSendIt link, which I used to send them the video, expires after a week and I'm not sure if there's a way to find out if they downloaded it during that time. I guess we can assume they downloaded it and are still verifying the info.

I put together another (shorter) video last night to get Anna's High School age progression out on YouTube. I chose a song for it that would have been popular while Anna was in high school ("Lucky Star" by Madonna). I wasn't sure if it fit the video but...I know I get really nostalgic about songs from my high school days! It might trigger a memory in someone who went to school with Anna. Or in Anna herself!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6bYCR-32eHw
Gina, I also sent them the DVD (along with the application and the other papers they requested), but I haven't had an acknowledgment of receipt. You'd think they would say they had received these. Maybe I'll write them tomorrow. The new video is really great!

Last edited by Annasmom; 09-15-2007 at 02:08 AM. Reason: Additions
  #196  
Old 09-15-2007, 02:10 AM
Cubby Cubby is offline
50K reward, Bob Harrod-Missing: Call Det. Radomski 714-993-8176
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Chicago burbs
Posts: 71,632
I'm close to Anna's age, and one of my favorite songs from back then was Cyndi Lauper, Time after Time. and I think Bizare Love Triangle, every time I see you falling, I get down on my knees and pray.... was another favorite.
__________________
~JMO~

A grandfather is someone with silver in his hair and gold in his heart. ~Author Unknown


Long Lost Love - Discovery ID - Disappeared - Bob Harrod Case

You can now purchase Mr. Harrod's Disappeared episode through Amazon, iTunes or YouTube.


Websleuths Resource Center

Call Kurtis - Psychics and the Missing
  #197  
Old 09-15-2007, 06:06 PM
Gina_M's Avatar
Gina_M Gina_M is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Phoenixville, PA
Posts: 1,606
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cubby View Post
I'm close to Anna's age, and one of my favorite songs from back then was Cyndi Lauper, Time after Time. and I think Bizare Love Triangle, every time I see you falling, I get down on my knees and pray.... was another favorite.
Oh yeah, those are great too! My favorite Cyndi Lauper song is "All Through the Night". I'm a bit younger than you guys...I enjoyed these songs in elementary school
  #198  
Old 09-15-2007, 06:08 PM
Gina_M's Avatar
Gina_M Gina_M is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Phoenixville, PA
Posts: 1,606
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annasmom View Post
Gina, I also sent them the DVD (along with the application and the other papers they requested), but I haven't had an acknowledgment of receipt. You'd think they would say they had received these. Maybe I'll write them tomorrow. The new video is really great!
Glad you like it Annasmom! Are you able to watch YouTube videos on your computer now?
  #199  
Old 09-15-2007, 07:10 PM
Annasmom Annasmom is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 1,677
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gina_M View Post
Glad you like it Annasmom! Are you able to watch YouTube videos on your computer now?
I can; what a thrill! I still have a dial-up connection, so the video stop and starts again every few seconds, but at least it's something. Thank you, Gina.
  #200  
Old 09-15-2007, 08:22 PM
smile22 smile22 is offline
Live Laugh Love
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: New england
Posts: 3,201
time after time is one of my favorites i was a little at the time and i can still remember dancing to that footloose and beat it in my aunts way over sized tee shirt
 

Bookmarks

Tags
"the american seagull", anna waters media, geocaching

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Media Exposure - #2 Cubby Anna Christian Waters 43 01-16-2013 11:28 PM
Indecent Exposure Leads To Far Worse Filly Crimes in the News 3 03-24-2010 01:54 PM
Children's exposure to pesticides Autumn2004 Up to the Minute 3 05-16-2007 04:14 PM
Penis + highlighter = Art or Indecent Exposure? Casshew Bizarre and Off-Beat News 5 11-21-2005 06:05 PM
Flasher shocked by exposure to the law Casshew Bizarre and Off-Beat News 1 09-25-2005 07:53 PM


© Copyright Websleuths 1999-2012 New To Site? Need Help?
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:28 AM.

Advertisements

Pre-Order Imperfect Justice: Prosecuting Casey Anthony today!